PES 2012 Demo 2 Talk

:D I'm a walking Trance Dictionary mate :)

Just love the way the ball drops through the air the way it does, the flight of the ball, awesome.
Ah yes, I've noticed you're the Patrick Moore of tunes there sir!

And oh aye, I was stunned at the dip on that goal to be honest. The fact it was slightly from the right of the goal made me wee a little, as whenever I do aim a strong dipper at goal it almost always veers way off to the left. As Richard Richard would say, "it-it-it-it... astonishing!".

Game need tweaking on the shooting. first time shooting is extremely accurate and unrealistic, player react instantly and Scoring is way too easy from any distance and shooting technique seem like its gone. Im scoring headers from long range with player that shouldnt( lennon who at first if very small,plus have 65 in header accuracy....)

I hope those sort of things will be fixed, cause this year the gameplay is great but I feel like the game is becoming more easy and less complex.

The physics on the ball are just lovely. Scored a nice goal just now. A particular half-volley from Roma's full-back Cassetti that I like to call The Pepsi Max. I nearly soiled my pants when it went in. The missus was telling me something deadly serious at the time of impact, so I had to keep straight-faced throughout. Inside however, I was dancing like Fred Astaire with a nostril full of sherbet.
Cassetti goal for Roma vs PSG (PES2012 Demo 2)

Wow :SHOCK:!! What a strike, been trying to watch it all-day but it was all blurry on the I-Phone. Much clearer on the Laptop. Stunning.

The physics on the ball are just lovely. Scored a nice goal just now. A particular half-volley from Roma's full-back Cassetti that I like to call The Pepsi Max. I nearly soiled my pants when it went in. The missus was telling me something deadly serious at the time of impact, so I had to keep straight-faced throughout. Inside however, I was dancing like Fred Astaire with a nostril full of sherbet.

I do enjoy your posts, proxi. You never fail to make me smile. :))

Game need tweaking on the shooting. first time shooting is extremely accurate and unrealistic, player react instantly and Scoring is way too easy from any distance and shooting technique seem like its gone. Im scoring headers from long range with player that shouldnt( lennon who at first if very small,plus have 65 in header accuracy....)

I hope those sort of things will be fixed, cause this year the gameplay is great but I feel like the game is becoming more easy and less complex.

Definitely. Games are very high scoring. Playing against inter they score goals from nothing with very little possession. If you get a clear shot on goal with virtually anyone it will go in.

Shooting technique needs reduced as does heading. Teamwork needs increased so teams hold the ball more. if it's not sorted in final game I will have a go at it with the stats

I think it's fine to be honest. I thought it was a game problem until I realised I was letting to many CPU shots from around the 18-25 yard area. What do people expect? The modern day footballer at this range will score lots of goals such is their precision and power combined with the ball the swerves all over the place. See Nani? See Modric? Players are lethal from this range these days if not closed down.

Need some advice off you guys though. I'm reaching that time where I'me totally comfortable with the game mechanics. It's taken ages. I'm winning and drawing more than ever on Top Player. What I am having trouble is is one on ones with the goalie when I'm clean through. The keepers seem to save them 8/9 out of every ten goes, is this right? I would have thought the ratio would be closer to fifty fifty perhaps. Am I taking the shot too early, too late. Do I need to finesse anything? Here's waiting on your reply

In PES 2011 I would either do a really light tap of the shoot button and usually tap R2 for a placed shot.

Quick question here re: shot aiming. If you're running to the left of screen and want to shoot to the keeper's right hand post, I normally aim the left stick to 6 o'clock position and then the height would be determined by how long I hold the button and body shape/stats etc.

Is this how other people aim or would they hold the left stick to 8 o'clock for bottom corner or 10 o'clock for top corner?

And if you aim to 6 o'clock, do you find there are degrees of aiming or do you just push the stick fully and let the player's shot accuracy do the rest?

I often found in Pes 2011 that maxing out the stick to 6 o'clock or 12 o'clock worked best for me and would like some opinions as I noticed aiming diagonally didn't always work that well.

I think it's fine to be honest. I thought it was a game problem until I realised I was letting to many CPU shots from around the 18-25 yard area. What do people expect? The modern day footballer at this range will score lots of goals such is their precision and power combined with the ball the swerves all over the place. See Nani? See Modric? Players are lethal from this range these days if not closed down.

Need some advice off you guys though. I'm reaching that time where I'me totally comfortable with the game mechanics. It's taken ages. I'm winning and drawing more than ever on Top Player. What I am having trouble is is one on ones with the goalie when I'm clean through. The keepers seem to save them 8/9 out of every ten goes, is this right? I would have thought the ratio would be closer to fifty fifty perhaps. Am I taking the shot too early, too late. Do I need to finesse anything? Here's waiting on your reply

Sounds obvious, but make sure you are defintely selecting a side to hit shot and not just hitting it straight on with a little bend

Absolutely. You need to be aiming in the corners, press shoot, then tap R2. This will perform a control shot, lethal for strikers in 1-on-1 situations. An absolute must, then you'll see a 50/50 ratio or more depending on the strikers stats.

1 vs 1 with mate is not that fun in DEMO 1, DEMO 2 lives it up with some "WTF, jump out of seat, arghh feeling with America vs Internacional.. shooting, dribbling, passing, scrambling, unpredictability.." All felt back again. Run Bale, Run.. lol

Though, we agree on something that it lacks of such a more advanced animation (more natural looks and transition,considering next gen has been more than 4 years ?

#Shooting technique

I dunno if it is just me but there is an occasion where a ball in air and bounce a bit coming before get blasted with presumably outside of left foot and direction of analogue is towards diagonal right of the Goalpost. But the shot will go to the left. I don't think it's an unresponsive button, am i right ?

Last edited:
I like demo 2 very much! Demo 2 is a bit different compared to demo 1, but i like it quitte well. I play on professional and most of the time with Bayern. Yesterday I defeated Inter with 5-0 and Rangers with 3-2!

Greetings!
JC

Last edited:
Still worried about long-range efforts.

Even with Sunderland shots were flying in from all angles if you dare to have a dig.

Send some of those shots my way then please Dan, I cant hit shit, from range or close in.

Edit - Actually, I scored a cracking goal with VDV last night, and from range. I cant seem to replicate that with Internacional though.

Last edited:
Well, there's definitely differences between the retail code and the second demo - Bhattiman on Twitter's conversations with folk show that.

Only thing I'm really looking for in terms of improvements is GKs, especially on low shots.

Ah yes, I've noticed you're the Patrick Moore of tunes there sir!

And oh aye, I was stunned at the dip on that goal to be honest. The fact it was slightly from the right of the goal made me wee a little, as whenever I do aim a strong dipper at goal it almost always veers way off to the left. As Richard Richard would say, "it-it-it-it... astonishing!".

Sorry, but i must say i find the movement of the ball totally unnatural, it doesn´t respond to the real physics of a ball. Anyone who played football notices this. Why? It´s impossible for the ball to describe such a curve going down behind the keeper when it´s kicked while going up from the bounce in the grass. That curve could only be made if you kick the ball in the moment it goes down (before it bounces again). In fact in the PS2 versions of the game you have to practice a lot to get the technique right.

What's the "messiah" been saying?
Heh. Just picked up on a few hints that GAMEfest was to showcase the retail code which people need to play if demo-2 wasn't enough for them. One retweet of one of his followers showed them saying that they were glad to have gone to GAMEfest etc, that they really don't want to play with demo-2 code now that they'd sampled retail code.

Heh. Just picked up on a few hints that GAMEfest was to showcase the retail code which people need to play if demo-2 wasn't enough for them. One retweet of one of his followers showed them saying that they were glad to have gone to GAMEfest etc, that they really don't want to play with demo-2 code now that they'd sampled retail code.

Hopefully the keepers have seen some improvement then. They are really doing my box in at the moment. I seem to be conceding most goals from crosses or corners. The keepers just cannot deal with headers.

Ok I've narrowed down where I think the improvements should be based on my games with the demo on Xbox.

Shooting and crossing doesn't always have enough pace on it. I hit a cross with Lahm while he was in space and with good body position and it floated (with a normal trajectory) to the target. Had a lot more control over what kind of cross I could put in on PES 2011.

Has anyone discovered how to cross properly? Is it still point different directions for front post, back post, penalty spot or is it purely based on the power meter now and aiming where you want it? I can't figure it out consistently.

One thing I noticed (applies to FIFA also) is that you really need to be concentrating 100% this year in defending. If you don't close off easy passing options, the AI will come at you knowing they can break you down or dribble past you. If you close the lanes, they back off a little and try to engage you in 1 v 1 feints.

I noticed the AI hit a cross field switch to break down my midfield defending BUT I haven't yet noticed them passing it around backwards or sideways to open the space. Going on from my points above, they seem to have been coded aggressively in favour of "going for it" when there is space open to them. It needs to be toned down though so that they don't look to rush it forward.

This needs to be tweaked so the game isn't end to end like FIFA online.

I did notice one other thing though which was annoying. Playing as Bayern V Inter on Top Player. I was up 1-0 with 10 mins to go. Pandev scored a nice cut back from Eto. Well deserved and no problems from me. 5 mins later they put an early cross into the box and it seemed like both my defenders were non responsive to button pushes to clear the cross and I conceded another.

Haven't found a cross bug like other people though. Might conceded a header here n there but it's hardly a high enough ratio to call it a bug. Unlike FIFA 12 demo where your player seems to walk backwards from his player when they put a cross in.

Worryingly i find the demo a little too 'high scoring'. I hope the retail version won't also be.

jesus prof...i only was able to win two games...the most i scored is 2 goals...am i that bad?
Overall i enjoy the demo, but i'm afraid it will be maybe a litle bit too difficult. Like i said in another thread, i play the series since PES1 and it's the one game series i play 90% of the time.
This edition (or this demo) is sooo different from all the others (especially the defending)...mind you...it could well be the best ever...but, my god am i struggling.

Hi gerd. By 'high scoring', i also mean against me too. Playing as CA, i have drawn 3-3 with Internacional and i've also beaten them 4-1 (great hat-trick from Nico Olivera). They've also beaten me a few times, 3-2 for example. My very first match with Spurs/Rangers was only 1-1 however.

So you have scored 4 goals in a game Prof...i can only dream of that.
I think this is the game (demo) with the steapest learning curve of the series...

So you have scored 4 goals in a game Prof...i can only dream of that.
I think this is the game (demo) with the steapest learning curve of the series...

hi gerd,

i tend to agree with you, carving out an opportunity is not easy at all, but then when you do score the feeling is great and you really feel as if you have earned it - its defeinetly back to that just one more game feeling from many years ago

most recently i have been playing games against rangers as spurs, inter & bayern. I find them a really tough proposition to break down and they are highly physical and always looking to impose themsleves aerially.

So far have only beaten them by odd goal on 2 occasions and that was when i outplayed them on the deck with superior movement and technique.

Exactly the sort of thing that woudl happen in real life.

Db

Wow :SHOCK:!! What a strike, been trying to watch it all-day but it was all blurry on the I-Phone. Much clearer on the Laptop. Stunning.

Congrats, Proxi, amazing strike! Thanks for demonstrating the quasi-boundless possibilities of PES shooting/gameplay. IMO, the title of this video should be "Impossible PES Goal (Volley)."

In concept, it would seem impossible to impart top spin to a ball on a half volley because of the coordination of leg speed, timing, and execution--not to mention the more common back spin technique which may seem only slightly more forgiving might have crept in and glitch your shot out. But you did not hold anything back and thumped the ball skillfully. Your video is so awesome that it impresses an almost surrealistic appeal. As a result, I take nothing away from the quality and the success of this goal. It is Goal Competition worthy--heck, it's beautiful PES art :).

Back
Top Bottom