PES 2012 Demo 2 Talk

tested it and its true, needs to be fixed asap :BRMM:

also every first shot on goal from my side is a goal
anyone noticed it?
like aimbot
aquilani with left foot etc. unrealistic..

and the keepers cant stretch their arms like all the previous years..ball is going into the net a few cm's beside their hands most of the time

Last edited:
@ccshopland... wow long post and 150 games? Damn O.o lol

Anyway have you not gotten free crossing goals? I just playing bayern vs inter on top player and funny the computer got a cross bug goal on me at start, pazzini was all alone, my defenders behind him LOL. Later i scored 3 cross bug goals and won the game. Yawn......

The cross bug dont work on all crosses. You need to get in deep in the wing, mid way in it from top to bottom, run with the player that you are gonna cross with and dont stop dont even turn around or anything just unleash the cross while you running........ so many cheap goals, strikers all alone......zzzzzz

I do believe you are on a quest to compensate for your completely redundant username that was relevant for all of four days.

i'm really enjoying the demo, if i'm honest PES next gen has sucked for me but i feel konami have finally produced a decent game and well worth my hard earned dough

Agree with the above.

Just had such an emotional match, I'm close to shedding tears here! Lined up a 30-minute Roman derby, myself as Roma against the equally-refreshed Lazio. To set the tone I playlisted some Tomaso Albinoni numbers on the surround sound here. Emphatic.

Much drama. They had a defender red-carded, I lost Totti to an injury. After they took the lead, I took risks. Pushed forward only to ride my luck, seeing them hit the woodwork three times when on the counter. Equalised with a cheeky chipolata from Pjanic just after half-time. I reverted to a possession-keeping style and it was a Tom & Jerry 40 minute special.

Game finished 1-2 to Lazio after a 118th-minute goal from Mauri, his second of the game. A toe-poke from the edge of the box, first-time strike on a loose ball. On PES 2011 I may well have spat chips, however to no-one else in the room's interest I stood up, took a deep breath and applauded my 15.1 inch laptop screen. I'd like to thank Konami, Jenkey & Tomaso for making this heart-fondling thirty minutes possible. I haven't felt such emotion in such a timescale since Dot Cotton sent a morphine avalanche down the throat of Ethel Skinner.

I see it's still too easy for the computer to score from a close FK. The keeper stays one side and the com tends to shoot at the other, generally beating the keeper.
I noticed this in 2011 and since then, i just rush a defender back on the goal line in that free area and try to head it away.

This game has its flaws granted.

BUT it is back to the "Play One More" feeling of PES on ps2. Loving it in general and thats without the game modes on offer. Looking forward to retail.

Ive played alot a matches of the pes2012 demo on the xbox, must games were 1vs1 and 2vs2

its a pretty good game, but the feeling isnt right

big concerns

- Referee seems to be toned down after the first demo (pc)
- Dribbling is just far too unrealistic, ball on string feeling, very bad
- Crossing inside the box 9/10 its a goal ( just like it was with pes2010) even if u man mark
- Goalkeepers ALWAYS rushes out automatically
- No real freedom in passing
- A controled players reacts to the fake shot, and u cant do nothin

Great game, but it's ridiculous when the defenders run backwards as the forward man starts to run to find space. Sure you can use "offside trap" but the movement is not "intelligent" anyway.

I really am enjoying the demo, but there is a few things that annoy me and I hope are sorted out.

If you have a forward with quick feet, they can score far too easily from outside the box. This is a combination of players being more responsive and shooting being easier. If you get the ball with Defoe on the edge of the box, he is normally able to turn before anyone is near him and then shoot.

From spending many hours editing the game previously, I always took this as a sign that response and dribbling speed where too high and made the game unrealistic.

The normal problem of attackers being caught by defenders, seems to have been completely reversed this year and most forwards stay ahead of deefenders who suddenly become very slow. I would say that they need to find a middle ground between the two.

The physics on the ball are just lovely. Scored a nice goal just now. A particular half-volley from Roma's full-back Cassetti that I like to call The Pepsi Max. I nearly soiled my pants when it went in. The missus was telling me something deadly serious at the time of impact, so I had to keep straight-faced throughout. Inside however, I was dancing like Fred Astaire with a nostril full of sherbet.
Cassetti goal for Roma vs PSG (PES2012 Demo 2)

This game is by far, the most realistic gameplay from all other versions. The dribbling, cuts, sprints at just the right time, and shooting with the right players, are just spot on. Not to mention R2 control and headers, crosses etc..What a game!

No goals are alike in this version. The agile and explosive players are amazing when properly used. It takes top level experienced PES players to break the defenses down to score. It's really a work of art this game. The only thing missing for me in the xbox version is a patched pitch and more solid white goal/nets. The Wide cam is excellent. The Long cam is also great. Not to mention the pitch side cam which gives the feeling your watching a real match on tv.

Eto is unbelievable. I hope he is available in the final version. Yesterday I score a beauty of a header under my full manual control. I've noticed that taking manual control of a player in the box as soon as you cross the ball and positioning him in just the right spot with precise timing, will reward you with some cracking headers into goal.

I play on full-manual passing. No bars. this adds more realism and freedom to my well placed/timed passes.

Cannot wait for the full version. If I had an updated PC, I would no doubt have bought the pc version.

I forsee some great online battles looming in the horizon.

The physics on the ball are just lovely. Scored a nice goal just now. A particular half-volley from Roma's full-back Cassetti that I like to call The Pepsi Max. I nearly soiled my pants when it went in. The missus was telling me something deadly serious at the time of impact, so I had to keep straight-faced throughout. Inside however, I was dancing like Fred Astaire with a nostril full of sherbet.
*youtube video*

lmao @ fred astaire dancing with a nostril full of sherbert, hahaha!

Awesome goal. And woo, nice choice of music once again ;)

This game is by far, the most realistic gameplay from all other versions. The dribbling, cuts, sprints at just the right time, and shooting with the right players, are just spot on. Not to mention R2 control and headers, crosses etc..What a game!

No goals are alike in this version. The agile and explosive players are amazing when properly used. It takes top level experienced PES players to break the defenses down to score. It's really a work of art this game. The only thing missing for me in the xbox version is a patched pitch and more solid white goal/nets. The Wide cam is excellent. The Long cam is also great. Not to mention the pitch side cam which gives the feeling your watching a real match on tv.

Eto is unbelievable. I hope he is available in the final version. Yesterday I score a beauty of a header under my full manual control. I've noticed that taking manual control of a player in the box as soon as you cross the ball and positioning him in just the right spot with precise timing, will reward you with some cracking headers into goal.

I play on full-manual passing. No bars. this adds more realism and freedom to my well placed/timed passes.

Cannot wait for the full version. If I had an updated PC, I would no doubt have bought the pc version.

I forsee some great online battles looming in the horizon.

Totally agree. The sense of satisfaction you get when you construct a move that splits the defence is fantastic. I earlier beat Rangers 3-1 with Bayern, and I scored a stunning 25 yard screamer for the third goal, it was one of those where the ball just broke and you knew the player had the perfect body position to hit the ball and the ball fell to him at that wonderful pace to hit...the net result was a pearler, a stunning top corner beaut. But it was my first goal that made me much more happy, it was a well constructed patient crafted move on the left wing. It may seem basic, but I slid the ball into Sneijder at the edge of the box who just came away from goal slightly, just long enough for the midfielder behind him to start making a run beating his marker. A simple little through ball and it was one on one inside the area and good night.

The reason why this was so perfect is that it required two absolute precise pieces of football knowledge. It required me to hold up play with Sneijder at an angle and start to dribble away from goal. It then required me to wait that little moment whilst I was drawing the defender away to slip a neat through ball once my AI player started making his own run into the box. It was just lovely football, perfect timing. It's this freedom that I'm loving about this game, something that was never really possible on PES2011, and certainly, from what I can see, not possible on FIFA.

Back
Top Bottom