PES 2012 Demo 2 Talk

I guess it's better if you create a new thread for the 2nd PC demo.

EDIT: Nevermind me. Actually it's already been posted in the PC demo thread.

I'm experiencing something really weird at the moment - not sure if I was last night... but it's really weird. I'm running along in a straight line and my player will just take a random 90 degree turn for no reason - any other 360 user getting this (when just running without sprinting)?

Just changed controller and it stopped. Will continue exploring. No, it's back now. Wth? Anyone?

Last edited:
I'm experiencing something really weird at the moment - not sure if I was last night... but it's really weird. I'm running along in a straight line and my player will just take a random 90 degree turn for no reason - any other 360 user getting this (when just running without sprinting)?

Just changed controller and it stopped. Will continue exploring. No, it's back now. Wth? Anyone?

never experienced this

Yeah I have, was wondering what it was too.

Well it's absolutely bizarre. It's literally like the game is deciding to turn for me at random intervals - only happens in specific situations. Rather confused. I mean, if it's a bug it's surely big enough to be fixed but it's a really big bug (and wasn't something I noticed in the old PC demo or heard anyone say about the old PS3 demo).

Yup it's on the UK marketplace, downloading it myself, they better have removed that shitty 10 minute video that you have to watch after every single match and can't skip, else I'll be playing one match and then deleting the thing.
download he pc demo then lazy

Just played a few of games on the WE demo

My first impressions

- Different from the 1st demo it players and looks smoother.
- Keepers alot better, still can be better though.
- Passing works, 2 bars is different to 1, Also the passing is more free.
- Shooting is better.
- Refs are stricter by me and the CPU conceding alot more fouls, 16 in one match.
- Lay off free kicks the wall no charges the kicker down.
- Dribbling is toned down for me, so it is harder to beat players with slower players but still possible.
- Graphics are smoother.
- I think the defending works better on PES than FIFA but it maybe down to me playing PES more.

One major gripe of mine but it is only small is what is up with the goalkeeper gloves.

My first goal

YouTube - PES 2012 Second Demo - Eto'o Goal

Ribery dribbling past people without using skill moves

YouTube - PES 2012 Second Demo - Ribery Dribble

I see they still have the flick on header that doesn't actually connect with a players head.

Nice finish by Eto'o, mind :COOL:

FIFA has it too, one of the first FIFA demo vids that someone took had Richards (I think) heading the ball ... about a foot away from his head.

Sloppy by both developers.

FIFA has it too, one of the first FIFA demo vids that someone took had Richards (I think) heading the ball ... about a foot away from his head.

Sloppy by both developers.

Yup. I also don't like how forced and robotic the ball looks when dribbling. It's like it's on a set path (which it obviously is, but even so). Saying that, there's not much they can do about that and it's something we have to deal with on both games.

Looking forward to downloading the demo later and giving it a whirl. Didn't really click with Demo 1, for me.

Quite a difference between this and the first demo. The speed feels a lot slower on 0, much harder to break down the CPU defence, passing on 1 bar is a lot more manual and the keepers are a lot better as well.

Pretty much spot on for what I hoped would be improved from the first demo and really looking forward to the full game now.

Oh, and the Allianz Arena is shit. Horrible playing with that huge shadow on one side of the pitch. Like playing at night with no floodlights! :LOL:

What's the difference?

You may see the active ai clips again abput them. I guess in "zonal defense" the defender & midfielder keep their line better by not tracking off-the ball opponent too frequent. On the contrary, the higher frequency of tracking off-the ball opponent can be seen in zonal marking.

YOu know in demo 1 it is hard to set my defender line as neat as possible, they are too much attracted to off-the ball cpu ai, tracking everyone who is near them. I want to hold the line like Milan did vs Barca. It is doable in PES 2011 :))

Holy smokes that intro video lasts a long time. I've downloaded and played a few games on the WE Demo 2 from the JPN store. Hard to get into the game as I can't work out what all the menus are but I'm not that bothered at the moment.

Seems better than the first demo but then I can't really remember the first demo in great detail. My knee jerk reaction is 'its the same as the first but with a few tweaks' but maybe that's just my rose tinted mind recalling the demo to be better than it was. Like how people can say new pes plays exactly like some old 2009 pes. It doesn't, they just think the old pes was the same.

I played only one match and then i went bed last night. Very hard to judge from just one game, things that had been improved will be more evident the more i play.

I noticed that long ground passes are improved significantly, you have much more control over the power of the passes, ball physics are lot less floaty. I made just one long air ball pass but it felt great. Shooting is clearly improved as well. I din't shoot too much, so i couldn't see how improved are the keepers, but shooting is fantastic from what i saw so far.

I beat inter playin as Bayer (1 x 0), i dominated the game and it was easier thean it used to be tbh. As I said, it was just one match. I'll play more later.

As i said, i played just one match. I noticed that the AI was improved defensively in the midfield. At least playing with bayer i love how good they position themsleves in the midfield.

Game is smoother with better manual passing (but still not as I expected). Big blame for Konami there is no manual crossing, it is unbeliveble (in PES2011 it was present, even if with L2 moddifier). I hope they do this in final version. Now I feel so limited making crosses. GKs still are to slow (I mean I cannot release the ball to the ground sometimes, GK kiks the ball by himself). There is so many irritaiting things which should be solved (examples if I have some time).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom