PES 2012 Demo 2 Talk

So is this any better than the first? I saw some of the review copy video clips from WENB and it looked ok. Been disappointed in Fifa so far.

So is this any better than the first? I saw some of the review copy video clips from WENB and it looked ok. Been disappointed in Fifa so far.

Much better in my opinion. My gripes of dodgy goalkeepers and CPU constantly dribbling at you have been fixed. Passing is brilliant on 1-bar now.

the passing is my main gripes, i'm just tapping the pass and it prejects long distance pass 9/10 times

I'm playing fifa over 3 years (xbox360 fifa09), and i must say, this year pes 2012 is the winner. Overall gameplay is very good. Gk can be better, but it's is good for now. Only irritating thing is the robotic tackling animations, if they where better, then i really sure that this pes 2012 is the really next-gen pes after pes 6 on (ps2). Ai defending and positioning are super compare tot fifa. Fifa 11 was good game, but this year, the Player impact and new defending system is not so good (defending in pes is much more intensive and better).

could only comment on WE2012 demo

Had a couple of cracking games!! Difficulty seems racked up, CPU are even more potent on the attack. I couldn't win the first handful of games. Losing 3-2, tying 2-2 or 3-3. Then just now had a few more goes and finally won 3-2 spuds vs rangers. Many see-saw battles keeping you on the edge of your seat. A lot more variety in goals. Thrashed Internacional 4-1 after going 0-1 down,AMAZING. This is no doubt considerable improvement over the first demo. The defending seems slightly more responsive and effective, you just have to change your mindset.

Negatives --

1. the keepers are still pretty poor, half of the goals conceded/scored are from shots right next to their arms, they keep their arms close to their chest, almost seem scared to reach out and just drop down haplessly on the spot.

2. Seems like the direction of my shots are even MORE AUTOMATED than the first demo. More often than not, he will shoot the opposite direction or too center to the direction I held.

Despite these issue, it's still the most entertaining football game to date and warrants a buy from me. This should really be what pes2008 should have been.

played 2 games and its much better than the first demo
gomez feels like gomez
müller like müller..
feeling the weight of the player now much better
ball speed faster too, but kinda context based, seems fine now

the manual L2 passes are crisper now and faster, hated them in first demo

havent tried the burst runs by now cause i made feint set matthews feint one left to stick left and vice versa on stick variable mode
easy to handle and works :D

I like 2nd demo, it is smoother then 1st one, however there is some issues which are annoying and can be easilly improved until full version is published:
1. The biggest issue form me. Why there is no manual crossing at penalty height (at least with L2, as it was in PES2011)? Crosses seems to be pre-ordained. What if I want to cross soft ball to lurking man outside area for example? I hope Konami will bring it to final version, but I doubt:( Also if I am crossing middle or down the ground, it also should go wherever I want. So, here is this total freedom?
2. I think if I set pass assistance to 0, passing should be manual, as with L2. I want to play really manual and dont want press L2 with every pass//long pass. Freedom please, this year version seems to be more assisted than previous.
3. Ball physiscs could be better. The direction of bouncing is not affected by direction and power of spinning. I saw it, when the ball was spinning so hard going straight up and when it touched the pitch the direction of bounce was straight.
4. GKs still need improvements in terms of saves and animations. I also dont like his slow animations of realeasing the ball and I have to do this very quick, just after he catches the ball. One second later is too late and he kicks the ball himself. He should be able to throw/kicks ball wherever we want, with pass gauge as in FIFA. I can see invisible wall when GK can go out of line.
5. Releasing the ball is unconsistant. Sometimes player releases the ball, sometimes not. Let for example 2 x R1(and any direction wanted) releases the ball 20 meters ahead, R1 x 1 – 10 meters ahead or something like that, with first touch as well and ball going from air too.
6. Free kicks/corners – why, in off the ball control method of free kick – we cannot cross middles cross, cross down the flank or high arc cross (with R2)? And now the cross in this way is too strong. There is no through pass as well. Also there should be 360 moving if free kick/corner. Another thing – why I cannot use power ball during goal kick? These are simple to provide and obvious things.
7. Shooting ias better than in PES2011, but still needs improvment.
8. I cannot still feel the diference between fast and slow player.

2. I think if I set pass assistance to 0, passing should be manual, as with L2

ehm guys, move the cursor over the setting and READ actually what it says in the description line

its about how the cursor is changing in the offence and how the player is running towards the ball, so its less about the pass
i noticed the pass values(how the game decides) are also affected by the player run but its minor

if u want full manual u need to use L2, doesnt matter what pass support u have
its a misunderstanding from your side, not konamis fault :BYE:

btw
support 0 or 1 is almost like fifa where u can move the player anytime towards the ball or the other way.. there is no rail
like to play like that
finally they made up to fifa in all this things, also the right stick cursor change

Last edited:
I'm still gathering my thoughts but I wish Konami would reach out to the community and ask for help/assistance if they not going to be bothered to do some thorough research when it comes to player stats and the positions that they operate in.

Every little helps.

Also why has the wing back position been removed?

My 2c after a couple matches:

Everything feels a bit crisper. Shooting and long passing in particular.

The different passing assists are far more prevalent. Am having issues hitting hard short passes, but otherwise they've nailed it.

Goalkeepers definitely seem better, but still do that weird flop thing instead of diving sometimes. Annoying, as shots then go in about 2 feet to their side.

The 'jockey' function in defending isn't useless now, but I still think CPU dribbling/ tight control is way too high. Lafferty just skinned two of my mids - this would not happen in real life. Jockey seems most useful for forcing wingers down the wing.

Computer scores from corners now. 3 in 3 matches against me. Anyone sorted out the auto-switch always leaving someone open? (semi assisted)

Your players can now quickly change direction with R2, which is nice as in the first demo they'd sometimes lose the ball and just stand there.

Shooting just feels awesome. They really have gotten it right this time.

Can't wait for the real release. Hurry up time!

I'm still gathering my thoughts but I wish Konami would reach out to the community and ask for help/assistance if they not going to be bothered to do some thorough research when it comes to player stats and the positions that they operate in.

Every little helps.

Also why has the wing back position been removed?

Yeah, the stats are a nightmare, that's my main issue with the game now.

anyone else feel the shots being too central to the direction held? Sometimes it even goes in the other direction.

I also agree with some chaps saying the ball curls a lot less than demo 1!! How fucked up is that?!!?

It could be a dampener on a great underlying game...

Yeah, the stats are a nightmare, that's my main issue with the game now.

Yeah I literally have no idea how they justify the stats. Inter are absolutely beastly, whereas the team that won their (premier) league and went to the CL final are rated worse than Tottenham.

I know it's not a problem and we can then do it as a community, but man. It's like Seabass sleeps in those Italian jerseys!

This game is awesome. i like the little things. sneijder destroying 2 of my defenders then shoots and hits the post. the way he got past my defenders was really realistic, i watched it 100 times in replay.

i think it's time for KONAMI to hire some real people to fix the goalkeepers. I have no doubt there will be tons of feedback after release, and have no doubt people will stop playing, especially online with these shitty goalkeepers.

the freedom in passing and thru passing aren't really evident. sometimes i press the barr full and the ball doesn't move an inch.

Anyone having the stutter problem on the xbox 360 version, really spoiling it for me. seems a really good game though apart from the stutter/pausing.

2 biggest issues imo

1. The ball is glued to the players feet its crazy how good the close control from players is even when you hold R1 to sprint, its better than Messi has in real life almost and that from players with 60-70 dribbling acc.

2. I don't notice any difference between fast or slow players, infact its not just speed I don't notice much difference between different players at all, its like stats mean 5 times less this year, if someone has 80 top speed vs someone with 90 it feels almost the same.

Lennon couldn't even catch a player that was running down the wing WITH THE BALL and he was without it and sprinting, he wasn't gaining anything actually.

Got the DEMO 2 few hours ago. Played a few matches and its obvious this is the final code and what we will get once you buy the game. Much better than DEMO 1. Now this DEMO 2 feels like WE2012 DEMO 1. Looks like WE2012 DEMO 2 is also out. Id like to hear someone compare PES12 Demo 2 and WE12 Demo 2 so I know what's better and which game to buy. Anyways, PES12 could very easily become the best PES ever to date. The game just feels good and addictive. I'm getting the same feeling like when I was playing PES back in PS2 era. Couple of things I noticrd. CPU is making tons of unrealistic mistakes. I'm far away fom CPUs attacker yet they don't pass instead kick the ball over throw in line or do a thunderbolt clearance for no reason? Passing on one bar feels just perfect. Whoever plays wwith zero bars and actually manages to play well hats off to them, very hard. You wanna be a baller and have everything manual well zero bars will get you that. Couple of things I'm concerned guys. How is your graphics in this game ? For some reason Aluenz Arena is just too dim and grass looks pixelated/unatural maybe its me. I have Samsung Panasonic 42" 1080p. But there is.something DEFINITELY wrong with graphics in this game. Can anyone confirm this?

I downloaded FIFA 12 DEMO and I must say its quite impressing too. I really don't know how to play FIFA but I like the ball size and physics, also the presentation/atmosphere/commentary kills PES13 easily. Gameplay is different ball game. FThe game feels lifeless without any soul that gives you a satisfaction or urge playing. I didn't even finish 1st half and just realized either I suck at FIFA12 or the game doesn't have any soul or passion playing.

I'm downloading the PES 2012 demo 2 now

Gonna take about 10 minutes on my 100MB service it looks like :)

:SHOCK:

times like this make me wish I didn't live in the US. Internet service is complete crap and expensive everywhere. People who don't live in a big city still use dial-up and if they wan't something faster but still slower than the slowest DSL they pay like $60+ a month . It takes me a couple hours to download demo's so I never really get them. Except PES and FIFA so I can see which one I will spend my money on.

Back
Top Bottom