PES 2012 Football Life thread

Ready to join up as soon as I've edited the teams (no real decent patches out, so need to change the whole Portugese and Bundesliga teams that are in the game, Bundesliga teams don't even have players corrected yet. :( ).

However I'm going to make up a fictious team and start off in the Portugese league.

Still want to open up the superstar mode of the game and see if it is okay to play with, I prefer to play against the top setting of the cpu.

FD

Are there any good option files for the Xbox 360? Last year i did all the editing myself, but i'm not good with kits and i don't have the time...

Thanks in advance...

PS: FD, i also want to do something with the Portugese league...i'm tempted to play with Maritimo...

I won't be using a real team, it'll be a made up team. I'm thinking of making a second division tier of made up teams, not going to bother with the kits, they can just be standard. I'll just make one or two teams up a little more than the others, including a rival team.

The only time I really bother about a real team is sometimes using Sochaux of France. With the exception of that.

FD

I once had a fun ML with Sochaux, must have been PES6 or something like that. I usually thoroughly enjoy ML's with French teams.

I'm thinking about Montpellier this year (had a fantastic FM campaign with them...ended as runners-up twice and went to QF's with them in the CL, and now they are doing very good IRL too...fun team).

I started an FL yesterday. I opted to edit the league structure so i could make some fanciful fantasy leagues. You can't edit the Spanish, French or Dutch leagues though which is a big shame so the leagues generally consist of English, Italian, German, Portugese and rest of world teams. The Premier League and Serie A are generally spread out amongst the best teams i could use and then Liga Zon Sagres and Die Bundesliga are just semi-good teams like Everton, Lazio etc.

Currently at Fortuna Dusseldorf in D2. Lost my first game to Blackburn 3-0.

Last edited:
I once had a fun ML with Sochaux, must have been PES6 or something like that. I usually thoroughly enjoy ML's with French teams.

I'm thinking about Montpellier this year (had a fantastic FM campaign with them...ended as runners-up twice and went to QF's with them in the CL, and now they are doing very good IRL too...fun team).

belhanda is amazing in this game....

I haven't tried Montpellier yet...the president of Montpellier claims that he will be better than Hazard (who is a beast in PES 2012, really outstanding...to good IMO).

Playing BAL and already feel like doing a Tevez!

But seriously, I'va stated my team i want to join, in negotiations it says my salary and contract length and 'Negotiations Finalised' on the contractual status part. Press x to confirm. Pressed it, but all i can select is Team information!

Anyone got any ideas how i join this team? is it a bug?

VVV Venlo can suck my balls!

I remember on Pro Evolution Soccer 2 Pro on the PS2, Le Havre or Rennes had this defender, Paisley? I could not get any joy trying to get past him - he was a beast. Enjoyed that ML so much. After this Option File is complete, i'm looking to take Braga/Lorient all the way to the top!

I remember on Pro Evolution Soccer 2 Pro on the PS2, Le Havre or Rennes had this defender, Paisley? I could not get any joy trying to get past him - he was a beast. Enjoyed that ML so much. After this Option File is complete, i'm looking to take Braga/Lorient all the way to the top!

lorient would be great fun!

The true disaster comes when you're playing with just one player. It's like your team wanna lose no matter how hard you try to win. When I've started BAL mode I was thinking that the problem is in the weak team I'm playing for or my player's low stats. Therefore I took Cristiano Ronaldo and tried the same game mode.. I wasn't really surprised when my team performance came just as bad.

The thing is that you're always feeling screwed by the AI.

It very clearly sounds like you haven't played BAL for very long. It sounds like your teamwork rating is at a 20 or below?

Are there any good option files for the Xbox 360? Last year i did all the editing myself, but i'm not good with kits and i don't have the time...

Thanks in advance...

PS: FD, i also want to do something with the Portugese league...i'm tempted to play with Maritimo...

Join up to OPE (only pro evolutions) and grab the Daymos option file for 360. Looks fantastic. I haven't downloaded it just yet as I've been busy this week but it's the one I'll be getting.

I see there are a bunch of newcomers in the default ML team, replacing the departed Castolo, Miranda and Co. Each one appears to be a direct replacement, nationality-wise and pretty much position-wise too.

From OPE. This will explain it better. Apparently all the departed have become managers in 2012.

ML+defaults+PES+2012.png

In: Iorghenov, Voichulerd, Irjescu Xechinto, Elegost, Maqualao, Cinalton, Zalecki, Cotsload, Heeders.

Out: Ivarov, Valeny, Iouga, Ximelez, Espimas, Minanda, Castolo, Zamenhof, Ceciu, Huylens.

As you can see, there's been a major clear-out this summer. Ten legends including Castolo, Minanda and Ivarov are gone, and have been replaced by Cinalton, Maqualao and Iorghenov.

It's interesting to notice that the replacements have very similar names, to those that have departed.

Yeah Prof, I was definetely sad to see Castolo go.

Mind you I'm a big fan of the full-back El Moubarki (sp?), like him in the team.

Well having loaded up GoalGerds patch, good to see the new addition he has made with the Central UEFA league with the German teams. Going to mix it up a bit and throw in a couple of other teams from nearby countries to Germany and let that be a league.

Then I'll remove the Championship teams, and put in some Portugese teams and start my ML in that Portugese league.

FD

Another question, anyone know if any of the Division 2 teams have good finances or a better team.

Would like to make my rivals quite good, but not sure if there are any teams that fit the bill, although guess I could edit their players, but not sure if that'll make a difference to their spending power etc.

FD

Oh and i also noticed that you can buy/sign internationals now (that is, ones who aren't at clubs in the game, but in their respective national squads). I'm happy about this.

Last edited:
Do you have to unlock ML options again? eg starting funds etc.

Also considering who to go with. I reckon the Portuguese league could be wide open, unlike Spain, which is dominated by Real and Barca. Likewise Serie A is often tough to compete with the big guys. As usual though, i like to go with a team that could do with improvements/squad additions. However, as usual i never overhaul a team, but merely add a player here and there to add my mark.

I used to have the most fun with older teams, where i can slowly replace the oldest players with my choice.
Good to hear that you can transfer national team players.
Thinking about a first ML with a Portugese team: Maritimo or Academica (i have played a couple of matches witth Academica and they have a LB that i like a lot: Cabral).

Love this mode. Seems a lot of you are about to start so here's some setting tips before starting:

Make sure you carefully look at all the settings this mode offers before you start. Make sure you select the option to control all areas of the club, otherwise your chairman will take away most of your money after every season.
Professional level is more than enough of a challenge, especially as most like to play as smaller weaker teams. Finished 16th, 1st season at Catania, never have I finished so low in a ML, but love it.
If you click next it can skip multiple days and you end up doing the same training for a number of days. Better to choose "skip to chosen date", and go day by day so you can change your training.
Might be worth editing player injuries before starting, especially for your team but maybe for your whole league. I've had a few 2 week training injuries but not a single match injury after 1.5 seasons. I think its because the vast majority of players are set to the least injury prone level.

Love this mode. Seems a lot of you are about to start so here's some setting tips before starting:

Make sure you select the option to control all areas of the club, otherwise your chairman will take away most of your money after every season.

Sounds like that could be quite a realistic/good thing, to have the chairman say there are little or no funds for players etc. Although, it does depend on how much he takes. It would be nice to know, as i don't like amassing huge amounts of cash when i'm a small/medium club.

I won't be starting ML just yet. I'm still getting to grips with the game, doing essential-only editing and playing matches with various teams to scout players.

Oh i also noticed that as well as being able to buy internationals, you could also see their stats (pre-scout)in ML transfers.

I also like how you can rename assigned stadiums to clubs. eg a stadium would be called Stamford Bridge when playing at Chelsea, but the same stadium can be assigned to another club and be called the name of their ground. This only works with the unlicensed stadiums.

Thats a good point about it being realistic if the Chairman controls the money, hadn't thought about it like that. If it's done well that might actually be the better option for realism buffs.

Didn't know that about stadiums either, thanks for that.

You asked about unlocking ML options. You have to unlock the option to play with real life starting squads. The other options to unlock are stupid, option to start with more money or option to make it easier to buy players.

Thats a good point about it being realistic if the Chairman controls the money, hadn't thought about it like that. If it's done well that might actually be the better option for realism buffs.

Didn't know that about stadiums either, thanks for that.

You asked about unlocking ML options. You have to unlock the option to play with real life starting squads. The other options to unlock are stupid, option to start with more money or option to make it easier to buy players.

No so much "realism buffs", as people who prefer to play with the lesser teams (or Everton) and therefore with less money to spend. It's obviously realistic to have loads of cash if you are Man City, Real Madrid etc.

Yes, when you go into edit team mode, go to assign a stadium and in there, there is an option for you to enter the stadium name of the club you are currently editing. For example, you can assign 'Nuevo Estadio del Triunfo' to QPR and then call it Loftus Road. Loftus Road is what will appear in the game when you play against QPR, etc.

From OPE. This will explain it better. Apparently all the departed have become managers in 2012.

ML+defaults+PES+2012.png

In: Iorghenov, Voichulerd, Irjescu Xechinto, Elegost, Maqualao, Cinalton, Zalecki, Cotsload, Heeders.

Out: Ivarov, Valeny, Iouga, Ximelez, Espimas, Minanda, Castolo, Zamenhof, Ceciu, Huylens.

As you can see, there's been a major clear-out this summer. Ten legends including Castolo, Minanda and Ivarov are gone, and have been replaced by Cinalton, Maqualao and Iorghenov.

It's interesting to notice that the replacements have very similar names, to those that have departed.

You'll be even more surprised if you compare their stats - nearly (or even 100%) identical, just different ages.

Might be worth editing player injuries before starting, especially for your team but maybe for your whole league. I've had a few 2 week training injuries but not a single match injury after 1.5 seasons. I think its because the vast majority of players are set to the least injury prone level.
Yeah I did that before starting this ML actually. Changed loads of grade 2 (medium) prone players to 1 and some at 3 down to 2. There's pretty much at the moment one severely injured player at every Premiership club, including mine. And I didn't even have to perform most of the challenges! :)

Is there any way of mass-editing all players to be grade A (on PC)? I really wouldn't mind that.

I'll currently see one of my players get injured in a game every 2 or 3 matches, an opposition player 3 or 4. Sadly no severe injuries from a match tackle though. Would be great if Konami took injuries a little more serious next year.

Back
Top Bottom