PES 2012 Football Life thread

The Injury Stat I'm assuming is based on 1 being the unbreakables, and 3 being the Owen Hargreaves of this world ? Yeah ?

Edit- 100 Points from the PES Shop, I believe, Prof.

Re: Re: PES 2012 Football Life thread

The Injury Stat I'm assuming is based on 1 being the unbreakables, and 3 being the Owen Hargreaves of this world ? Yeah ?

Edit- 100 Points from the PES Shop, I believe, Prof.
It's the other way round sir, I forgot to add that in my previous post. One is for Kieron Dyer, it's beautifully true on my game at the moment too, 3 months out with what reports suggest is broken hope.

Decided against the Portugese league and going for old faithful, Rodos of Greece. Have moved German teams out of Central League and am using it myself for various combination of countries, i.e Greece, Turkey, Israel, Cyprus, Poland, Ukraine etc etc.

Just going to add some other teams from some of the countries and that'll be me.

FD

Too many goals in cpu simulated matches

Loving pes 2012 and master league but one thing is irritating me,the matches between the AI are providing unrealistic results and for me it needs patching, 4-3, 3-3's etc. The actual standings in terms of positions is realistic but the goal difference is not.

I play 15 minute matches, superstar difficulty on 360 if this counts for anything. I can live with it as the game is immense it just irritates me as this was not a problem last year.

EDIT - Just been on pesgaming it seems this problem could be to do with time and difficulty settings, I'm not prepared to play less than 15 minute matches so guess I'm stuck with this. PES is my passion but fuck me there's always something with this game that leaves you scratching your head wondering how they could have missed this in testing, it could be a direct design choice which is even more irritating.

Last edited:
CHRIST THIS IS HARD ON TOP PLAYER

Just collapsed a 3-1 lead to lose 4-3. I brought on a third CB at 3-2 and got absolutely humped by long distance shots :(

Firmly bottom of the league at the end of October and my squad won't let me forget, mardy cunts. I've also discovered that my most effective striker is Hamsun, who I've had on the transfer list since day one. I'm slowly trying to win him round but he won't budge off a downward arrow, despite that he's still my leading goal scorer.

January can't come soon enough.

I have a habit of going 2-0 down in the first 20 minutes, pulling it back to 2-2 you really have to fight for results on this game. I really need to get used to RS player switch to stop crosses. Some of the moments this game produces are magnificent, it mixes the depth of pes 2011 with the play-ability and polish of pes 5.

However I can see the pes rage spilling over at times this year, I think a few disc snaps are on the horizon, thankfully I now have a wired pad so the temptation to launch it at the wall is less.

Are you playing pre or post-patch Pearson? I couldn't get on with the patch but I'm really getting stuck into the ML without it. I've actually got teams coming at me now rather than simply soaking up all the pressure.

I like the interpretation of pace as well, it's useful without being exploitative. Burchet for instance is an asset off the bench in the last 10 to run at tired legs, but start him from the off and he's more than useless. I was skeptical about the extent of the individuality in this iteration, but right now I feel it's at the best it's been.

Are you playing pre or post-patch Pearson? I couldn't get on with the patch but I'm really getting stuck into the ML without it. I've actually got teams coming at me now rather than simply soaking up all the pressure.

I like the interpretation of pace as well, it's useful without being exploitative. Burchet for instance is an asset off the bench in the last 10 to run at tired legs, but start him from the off and he's more than useless. I was skeptical about the extent of the individuality in this iteration, but right now I feel it's at the best it's been.

I have the patch mate, haven't tried the game without it. My main frustration with the game are some the AI's godlike passing and aggressiveness. I couldn't agree more with what you say regarding speed and individuality, I think the balance with speed is perfect you still have to take momentum into consideration not just a case of holding sprint. I loved the player individuality in 2011 so was a bit concerned at the start to, but now I see more than any other pes game although slightly irritates me that they fucked about with certain stats.

I play semi assisted but am wondering whether the right stick player switching works better on a different setting. Sometimes it doesn't switch when I flick the stick in the direction I want.

Might be worth editing player injuries before starting, especially for your team but maybe for your whole league. I've had a few 2 week training injuries but not a single match injury after 1.5 seasons. I think its because the vast majority of players are set to the least injury prone level.

About this, can't we just hire the worst doc? Would it work?

Honestly i find it quite good with injuries, since even in real life most of the serious injuries comes from training more than from the field (or at least i think so). Plus i can see that even players with good injurie prone can get something like 20-30 weeks of injuries so for me is quite good. My record was shimizu (one of the master league youth players) getting injured and being forced to stay out for 58 weeks!!! I almost cryed like a baby since he is a very good promising right midfield:CONFUSE:

Re: Re: PES 2012 Football Life thread

My record was shimizu (one of the master league youth players) getting injured and being forced to stay out for 58 weeks!!! I almost cryed like a baby since he is a very good promising right midfield:CONFUSE:
Yowsers! The poor git.

It's the other way round sir, I forgot to add that in my previous post. One is for Kieron Dyer, it's beautifully true on my game at the moment too, 3 months out with what reports suggest is broken hope.

Cheers bud, I just edited Matty Bates, (Boro's Captain) to Injury 1. Matty strains his back just brushing his hair. Perfect. :)

I think I just tweaked his ankle, by changing his boots on the edit screen. :CONFUSE:

Yeah I don't understand either Lami, seems more unrealistic if anything.

I always just shove training onto 'Condition' tbh, I don't know if it's just cause I have a wank coach but every other training scheme seems to deplete other stats for a small increment in one area.

Freddy Ekoku is the son of Efan Ekoku and Jane Ekoku. Jane (nee Goldhawk) is an American athlete who married ex-Premiership striker Efan in a church. Their 17 year old son Freddy has joined VVV-Venlo and after a sticky start has bagged 27 goals in 17 games (including 5 in a 5-1 win against De Graafschap), charging Venlo 9 points clear at the top of the Eredivisie.

He is awaiting a call from the USA National team and has been hyped up as 'the USA's answer to Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink' and 'The Michael Jordan of soccer'. He shoots on sight, scores those headers where you don't leap and helps out his inferior team mates. He also gives 110%.

USA to win the World Cup? With Freddy Ekoku anything's possible!*

Cool story, bro.

Must look out for him, get him in amongst my Europa League-style troopers & teens Tottenham side when I start ML afresh. Cheers.

Had a totally spiffing session tonight beginning a new ML. I've beefed up pretty much every 1st & 2nd GK at each top flight club in Europe and I'm using 1.00, of course. Every game a beauty in it's own way. Beat Norwich 2-0 at home with the second only coming in injury time. Then lost 3-1 at Man City which was a showcase of Aguero's talent. Third match, a home game against Blackburn Rovers and it was all about Robbo, our former keeper. I went down 2-0 early in the first half to a Roberts brace, before having to endure great saves again & again from the man Paul Robinson. Snuck in a rebound with about half an hour to go, then managed to power in a header with 5 minutes left.

90th minute, game is just end to end. I manage to break, get the ball to Pav who's 30 yards out with space, set him up for a rocket and off it goes. Fingertip save from Robbo at full stretch, only just tipping it around the post. Corner was wasted as I was busying removing my pants. 2-2.

I'm about to embark on one with Swansea. Just tweaking the Championship stats and beefing up the GK stats. As well as Daymos has done with sorting out the kits/emblems etc., the Championship squads are pretty shoddy to say the least!

Still can't complain, about halfway through editing

I'm about to embark on one with Swansea. Just tweaking the Championship stats and beefing up the GK stats. As well as Daymos has done with sorting out the kits/emblems etc., the Championship squads are pretty shoddy to say the least!

Still can't complain, about halfway through editing

How are you finding the keeper stats edits?

Liking these little stories of your Football Lives in here lads. Seems some of that magic is back.

Yes mate, since PES10 I realised that if I wanted a genuine ML experience with my beloved Everton I have to do 2 things:

1. Before starting my ML, I go through and change most of the squad to 'slightly injury prone' and for players like Cahill, Rodwell etc I make them highly injury prone. What this does is it really makes you take care of your squad - you dont risk particular players in less important matches, and you really have to use your bench and full squad very wisely.

2. I always down grade my Team Doctor to the lowest or second lowest level - and I never increase the quality of my Doctor. This sets up a very realistic ML.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
I have a very weird problem, I have allocated chants to various teams, they work perfect in Exhibition Mode, but for some reason, are not working with the very same teams when playing in my ML ? I'm using Goalgerds option file.

Any ideas anyone ? It's doing my head in, I can't seem to work out why ?

How are you finding the keeper stats edits?

Liking these little stories of your Football Lives in here lads. Seems some of that magic is back.

Not actually tried them out yet mate! Most intrigued about the Body Balance stat, as if that makes parries stronger it could do a world of good in improving them.

Had a totally spiffing session tonight beginning a new ML. I've beefed up pretty much every 1st & 2nd GK at each top flight club in Europe and I'm using 1.00, of course. Every game a beauty in it's own way. Beat Norwich 2-0 at home with the second only coming in injury time. Then lost 3-1 at Man City which was a showcase of Aguero's talent. Third match, a home game against Blackburn Rovers and it was all about Robbo, our former keeper. I went down 2-0 early in the first half to a Roberts brace, before having to endure great saves again & again from the man Paul Robinson. Snuck in a rebound with about half an hour to go, then managed to power in a header with 5 minutes left.

90th minute, game is just end to end. I manage to break, get the ball to Pav who's 30 yards out with space, set him up for a rocket and off it goes. Fingertip save from Robbo at full stretch, only just tipping it around the post. Corner was wasted as I was busying removing my pants. 2-2.
Sorry guys, i know its offtopic, but what is the big difference between the 1.0 and 1.01? I haven't played 1.0 so what am I missing?

More time on the ball, more runs off the ball, easier to ride tackles and not be knocked off the ball, CPU plays games in a more realistic manner (doesn't pack the box continually). It's just a more fluid experience really.

'Allegedly' more control over shot direction as well, although can't say I've noticed that.

More time on the ball, more runs off the ball, easier to ride tackles and not be knocked off the ball, CPU plays games in a more realistic manner (doesn't pack the box continually). It's just a more fluid experience really.
Yep, agreed. Also the keepers aren't as good, but you may not notice. Not everyone does...! If you do, you might fancy editing the keepers to be better in specific departments before starting a new FL. For me, it's made a positive difference.

Regarding the shot control, I agree with dannyfc2, I see no difference.

I'm playing on Professional atm, gave up on Top Player after weeks of frustration. Defending is not an art in this game - it's nearly impossible. I can hold off players, steal the ball, but the CPU seems to always find a way to score.

Atm my achiles heel is corner-kicks. I try to anticipate and control my player with R2, but he always gets outjumped or doesnt even jump and I end up conceding. Very frustrating.

If it wasn't for the fact that I am able to play online, I'd swear I'm using 1.00 according to the things people are finding more evident (better) pre-patch.

Does anyone know how many goalkeepers in the game (for the sake of editing their stats)?

About 14 games in to my first Master League of 2012. Started with Sporting Lisbon.
I'm looking for a bit of reassurance here that players will actually grow. So far 80% of my squad have actually declined in overall ability. Only by the 1 point but still. This does not appear to be an age thing either as this has happened to my young players as well as those in their 20's and 30's. Please tell me that the clowns responsible for FIFA 11's career mode have not found themselves employment with Konami.

Is there anything obvious i am doing wrong here? I have rotatated the squad but not too much. I am second in the league, scoring goals as well as managing to keep my fair share of clean sheets (playing on professional at the minute). Is there a player growth option that i missed during the set-up? Does changing the training too much have a drag effect on players capacity to improve?

Any good tips to creating a good AMF in BAL? My stat priorities are passing, dribbling, shooting and power.

I tried creating a passer and distributed my points to the other abilities as well, but when I start the career, my training is set to at least 3 bars in passing, which my player is already pretty decent at. I'd much rather distribute these points to other skills. Is this due to the fact that I chose a passing player or is it down to the training coach in my club? If it's the last, I'll just continue playing and maybe look for a club which can help me in the areas I want to improve. If that is the case, then I'm really liking the engrossing experience that is BAL :)

Sorry for the noob question, haven't been playing BAL since PES 2008 on PS2. 2011 was all about MLO for me.

I'm playing on Xbox 360 by the way.

Back
Top Bottom