PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree with you this place has become quite depressing. I just wonder if anyone has played nfs rivals on the pc apart from the fact that the game is unfinished and doesn't have any storyline that game has loads of bugs, you cannot even pause the game to go and do something else.
The framerate is capped at 30fps among many other problems then it occured to me that this is the first attempt at making a racing game with the frostbite engine just as konami has made use of the fox engine for pes 2014. I hope people cut konami some slack nfs rivals is far more annoying

Please don't compare NFS with Pro Evolution mate.

Newer NFS (since Hot Pursuit 2010) were almost always made by 3rd party (not EA directly!). NFS Rivals was made by Ghost Games, a subparty of Criterion Games (who made Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted recently but are better known for Burnout series :P).

It's not the same as with PES Production Team. Plus it took them 3 years of development (PES 14). 3 years of porting FOX to work for football game and they still didn't deliver anything decent to warrant 20E price tag (that's current official price O_O).

Must I remind people of previews? Pre-interviews? They promised unparrelled graphics with details you never saw in football game. Where is that? In some areas this game falls behind PES 2010 (colours). MASS is great name, but erm doesn't have animations to support it. Yeah, we come down to main problem with PES games recently. Lack of ANIMATIONS made by professional footballers. Plus animations are not seamlessly knitted together, they must finish before new one can take place.

Lack of Stadium Editor because they didn't finish game in time and lacked time.

If you honestly believe they can turn Trabant into Ferrari for next year, you're very delusional seeing how many failures they had over past 7 years.

Plus Football Life/Be a Legend and User Interface need complete rework to get done and on PC they need to add mouse input support to navigate through menus.

I came to one conclusion though. It doesn't matter who the guy in charge of PES Production Team is. Be it Masuda or Seabass. Both have vision of how football should be. MASS, Player ID, Trueball Tech, etc. are very nice, but... Maybe the team lacks programmers who can convert their vision into game code?

Maybe snapping up some talented guys from Europe would help?

Xabi Alonso
BjWmrN1IYAEFoz6.jpg:large

Jack Wilshere
BjWozqVIQAA2mUl.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/Adam_Bhatti

Must I remind people of previews? Pre-interviews? They promised unparrelled graphics with details you never saw in football game. Where is that? In some areas this game falls behind PES 2010 (colours). MASS is great name, but erm doesn't have animations to support it. Yeah, we come down to main problem with PES games recently. Lack of ANIMATIONS made by professional footballers. Plus animations are not seamlessly knitted together, they must finish before new one can take place.
Well, graphically it's still a current gen game. The Fox Engine is able to produce brilliant graphics, just look at the new Metal Gear Solid. Let's wait for next-gen PES 2015, and then we will be able to judge if the engine can live up to its promise or not.

Apart from that, I think that animations are the major problem of modern sports games. If they were to create a truly revolutionary football game, they would have to get rid of all the motion capture stuff and use real time physics only instead like Euphoria Engine does. This would immediately eliminate all problems associated with animations. Well, it would also create tons of other new problems, but whatever.

Well, graphically it's still a current gen game. The Fox Engine is able to produce brilliant graphics, just look at the new Metal Gear Solid. Let's wait for next-gen PES 2015, and then we will be able to judge if the engine can live up to its promise or not.

Apart from that, I think that animations are the major problem of modern sports games. If they were to create a truly revolutionary football game, they would have to get rid of all the motion capture stuff and use real time physics only instead like Euphoria Engine does. This would immediately eliminate all problems associated with animations. Well, it would also create tons of other new problems, but whatever.

So let's put this another way round, if KONAMI and PES Production KNEW they cannot deliver proper game on Current Gen or that they had to remove stuff from it so old gen consoles could handle it, why even bother to RELEASE it? Fundamentally flawed logic there (and please, I know it's all about money). Why not focus and release ONLY on Next-Gen? Give PS3/Xbox 360/PC users overhauled PES 2013 (and that could have worked if they polished this in some areas). Why did they follow different route, again?

Why not follow EA Sports or 2K? Show full potential from the get-go. Unfortunately after PES 2014 people might hesitate to give PES 2015 a chance. We don't know WHAT to expect in the first place. Other games will push forward on now as the ideas are flowing from fans.

Sorry, I don't see the future for the franchise in as rosy colours as some of you do. I might be pessimistic, but they better show something worthwhile on E3... (and yeah, please, no more this shitty trailers with shitty random techno trash music :/).

Please don't compare NFS with Pro Evolution mate.

Newer NFS (since Hot Pursuit 2010) were almost always made by 3rd party (not EA directly!). NFS Rivals was made by Ghost Games, a subparty of Criterion Games (who made Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted recently but are better known for Burnout series :P).

It's not the same as with PES Production Team. Plus it took them 3 years of development (PES 14). 3 years of porting FOX to work for football game and they still didn't deliver anything decent to warrant 20E price tag (that's current official price O_O).

Lack of Stadium Editor because they didn't finish game in time and lacked time.

If you honestly believe they can turn Trabant into Ferrari for next year, you're very delusional seeing how many failures they had over past 7 years.

Plus Football Life/Be a Legend and User Interface need complete rework to get done and on PC they need to add mouse input support to navigate through menus.

I came to one conclusion though. It doesn't matter who the guy in charge of PES Production Team is. Be it Masuda or Seabass. Both have vision of how football should be. MASS, Player ID, Trueball Tech, etc. are very nice, but... Maybe the team lacks programmers who can convert their vision into game code?

Maybe snapping up some talented guys from Europe would help?

totally agree with you.

all pes games prior pes 2014 look far much better than pes 2014 in terms of graphics.

pes 2014 has washed out colors, poor textures on stadiums and pitch, while only close ups of players and their skin look good. everything else looks dreadful.

Graphics are fine in PES 2014. Gameplay issues such as shooting, keeper response, nonsensical team-mate AI and player switching are what Konami should be primarily focused on improving for PES 2015.

So let's put this another way round, if KONAMI and PES Production KNEW they cannot deliver proper game on Current Gen or that they had to remove stuff from it so old gen consoles could handle it, why even bother to RELEASE it? Fundamentally flawed logic there (and please, I know it's all about money). Why not focus and release ONLY on Next-Gen? Give PS3/Xbox 360/PC users overhauled PES 2013 (and that could have worked if they polished this in some areas). Why did they follow different route, again?

Why not follow EA Sports or 2K? Show full potential from the get-go. Unfortunately after PES 2014 people might hesitate to give PES 2015 a chance. We don't know WHAT to expect in the first place. Other games will push forward on now as the ideas are flowing from fans.

Sorry, I don't see the future for the franchise in as rosy colours as some of you do. I might be pessimistic, but they better show something worthwhile on E3... (and yeah, please, no more this shitty trailers with shitty random techno trash music :/).
Sorry you make EA sound like angels, which kind of fucks up your credibility because imo they are none the better. All they could talk about for 2014 is that more than one player can go up for a header...woopety doo groundbreaking stuff right there.

Did you see the sales figures? Pes is going to be on the PS3 for a while to come its the same with EA hence the lack of World Cup game on Ps4 and Xbone. You can't just ignore your biggest install base for the sake of getting a headstart.

Pes fans and supposed ex fans however are psycho they(read we) take things far too seriously and refuse to acknowledge the good KONAMI do.

People are now singing Pes 2013s praises and still play it. PES2014 was not great out of the box but alot has been addressed in the last few patches. Dont understand your stance unless you one of those that want PES6 in HD (vomit)

totally agree with you.

all pes games prior pes 2014 look far much better than pes 2014 in terms of graphics.

pes 2014 has washed out colors, poor textures on stadiums and pitch, while only close ups of players and their skin look good. everything else looks dreadful.

That's utter hogwash in my opinion. Player likeness is on an all time low perhaps, but the graphics is just fine. There's a bunch of things more important to fix before graphics anyway.

Last edited:
graphics is fine? :FAIL:

then my frend, you need to pay a visit to an ophthalmologist. no offense though ;)

graphics is dreadful without some third party tool like sweetfx or enb series.

just play a game of pes 2013 and you'll see.

i don't wanna even mention gameplay issues, there are dozen of it.

the worst pes since this series exists!

PES 2013 was already a slightly polished PES 2012. Do you really think people would've been happy with PES 2014 PES 2012 version 3? They probably won't earn much money anyway with a next-gen PES this year since the next-gen consoles aren't common yet in a lot of regions where KONAMI traditionally sells lots of copies.

then my frend, you need to pay a visit to an ophthalmologist. no offense though ;)

You can't seriously claim that PES 2013 looks better than PES 2014. The new game lacks anti-aliasing and proper LoD settings, but it's still way better than the PS2 engine they used before. Especially in close-up shots it looks quite good actually although object lighting still needs to be improved.

There are several things that's not great with PES2014. Those things are the same that's wrong with any previous PES version as well. What makes PES2014 better than the previous versions is simply better physics, more goal variation, more freedom.

What's wrong with PES in general is that the difference between playing against Norwich and Barcelona is minimal. FIFA got the same problem by the way. Also, the computer doesn't care one bit about the statistics of their players and inertia doesn't affect them in some cases so it's very unpredictable in defense.

PES is a pure arcade game, nothing in the slightest resembling simulator, same goes for FIFA. There's the main issue, really. I want a simulator.

Regarding graphics, I don't really give a flying fuck about it because unless the core game mechanics are great, the graphics aren't important at all. People who thinks graphics is pivotal for a game has simply misunderstood the whole concept of gaming. I see good graphics as a bonus, and unless the graphics are disturbingly poor I don't really look at it. ENB series and all that bullshit is like a cancer in gaming scene. None of them makes anything look better but those using it are so blinded by sharpness, crispness and vibrant colours that parts of their brain is starting to malfunction. Take a look outside your window in natural light, nothing is particularly sharp or vibrant in the close distance.

Last edited:
I've recently noticed that I'm having a much better time playing online if I'm not hosting. It seems to lag in most matches if I'm the host. The lag doesn't seem to exist for me as often when someone else is the host for the match

I've done the speedtest on the browser in my PS3, and it gives me a reading of 50mbps downstream / 10mbps upstream. The router and port forwarding settings are done properly, with PS3 placed in DMZ etc.

Is there something I'm missing? Or is my connection not good enough to host for this game?

Last edited:
at least with 2014 you can see why the flaws exist and from that you can see that PES production team must know how to fix them in the long term future. I don't think any of the issues are from poor development, they are simply from the lack of time and understanding of the new engine.

Despite being really negative about PES the last few years PES2014 truly is the light at the end of the tunnel if they continue down the same path for 2015. the additional time and familiarity with FOX engine will do them good.

I figure a lot of the PES 2013 love lately is down to the game feeling like a more complete game, because it was in no way a perfect game.

But yeah, between PES 2014 and MGS: Ground Zeroes, I wonder when the next time Konami plan to release a finished version of their bloody games :)

HTML:
u will get the same game but with "tweaked sliders" and with better resolution for PS4 named as PES 2015. at least they add faces, dont act like this

I know...... I don't expect too much from Konami. They cant make proper keepers for 6 years.... No comment. Pes 2015 = 2014 with 1080 P, better faces, lighting and graphics. Rest will be shit. I don't belevie Bhatti propaganda. Bhatti use the same propaganda every day like Joseph Goebells in 3 Reich.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom