PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough times for Konami? What about people strugling to buy things but yet they give around 50€ for an unfinished game, only to discover it will never be finished? I wish I didn´t, and because of things I´ve been trying and finding, I love PES2013 better. I would buy it now again for 30€ instead of PES 2014 for sure.

I have it on PS3.
It's fun to play (only played two matches).
I like the new menu's...

But people who complain that Konami charged money for this are right, to be honest...

Hmmm... they might be right yea. Haven't tried it yet to judge myself though

When you compare PC section (where no one bothers to go as it's in PS2 forum, why I don't know) where the thread has massive 128 pages and compare it with here, 758 maybe you would realize which one is most read thread?

You know KONAMI/PES team reads this forum too, so if PC users voice their concerns here, they MIGHT notice (unlike in PC section).

As for patch, the latest one for PC is 1.07. and that's it according to Adam. There won't be 1.10. (for a while) and World Challenge mode for PC (that one is certain to not make it here). Go ask him on Twitter if you don't trust me.

HObJXPk.png

Is there facepalm emoticon? I want one now. :LOL:

Last edited:
Sigh, dont be so anal about it.

The PC users are the ones being anal around here, this is a 360/PS3 thread!!! So please go complain about PC related issues in PC thread, it's fucking boring to keep reading their moanings around here all the time.

Alright folks, we have seperate discussion threads for every platform, please keep it that way.
That way no one gets upset.

Has anyone played ML match in the new patch? I find ML matches in the previous patches super easy - the CPU makes allot of mistakes, misses allot of shots, do not pressure, etc. - but on the exhibition matches they are fairly competitive. I do not know the reason behind it, but is probably the heart feature or another screw up by Konami.
Any feedback on this?
Much appreciated :)

Has anyone played ML match in the new patch? I find ML matches in the previous patches super easy - the CPU makes allot of mistakes, misses allot of shots, do not pressure, etc. - but on the exhibition matches they are fairly competitive. I do not know the reason behind it, but is probably the heart feature or another screw up by Konami.
Any feedback on this?
Much appreciated :)

I would like to know this also, one of the reasons I gave up this years ML.

With a lot of people of the opinion that pes 2013 is better than pes 2014, it looks like they've tried to make a hybrid from both games.

I think the shooting may be a wee bit overpowered as any Joe average cpu player can bang them in from outside the box at any angle, practically unstoppable. . . . . still enjoyable, just have to learn to block every attempt to shoot before it's unleashed! The uprights are taking a hammering as well.

I think the shooting may be a wee bit overpowered as any Joe average cpu player can bang them in from outside the box at any angle, practically unstoppable. . . . . still enjoyable, just have to learn to block every attempt to shoot before it's unleashed! The uprights are taking a hammering as well.

For me that's actually good. I just want for the CPU to present a challenge.
And in terms of defense? They are improved?

For me that's actually good. I just want for the CPU to present a challenge.
And in terms of defense? They are improved?

I agree with you about the challenge, the last patch was way too easy, but every player having a rocket shot?

The defense has improved and the over the top through ball has been considerably weakened. The defense hold their shape better and aren't caught square as much.

Last edited:
I agree with you about the challenge, the last patch was way too easy, but every player having a rocket shot?

The defense has improved and the over the top through ball has been considerably weakened. The defense hold their shape better and aren't caught square as much.

I agree with you on the rocket shot, it's not very realistic, and should be improved on, but for me personally, I just want a challenging ML. Last time I tried, I could easily win the premier league with Everton on the first season, with no transfers. I give up mid-season out of boredom.

Tried the game again today. Played on full manual and upped the game speed to +2 just to pass around and feel the game. Guess what, I'm disgusted again. Pes 2014 is just an empty shell. Yesterday I thought it was decent but today it seems it was placebo. Fell down hard to the ground.

This game makes me feel bipolar.. Back to Pes 2013 :BRMM:

Tried the game again today. Played on full manual and upped the game speed to +2 just to pass around and feel the game. Guess what, I'm disgusted again. Pes 2014 is just an empty shell. Yesterday I thought it was decent but today it seems it was placebo. Fell down hard to the ground.

You put the game to 2+ speed. Full manual, and just passed around a bit. This wasn't fun so you decided the game is terrible?

Yes, this makes sense.

:FAIL:

Don´t feel complexed Zero, we all know you´re still Master Race ;)

Not entirely sure I caught the meaning here, but I'm obviously "King Niggard" and not Master Race (whatever that is). :)
Since it's a fairly unused word lately I've added the old Norse meaning to the word which is "to fuss about small things". The word just made me laugh so I had to put it to good use. I figured you guys would find it a fitting pet name for me. :)

------------

How's the new patch doing? Is it worth firing up a new ML for?

Last edited:
You put the game to 2+ speed. Full manual, and just passed around a bit. This wasn't fun so you decided the game is terrible?

Yes, this makes sense.

I played it normally before that, and quite a lot yesterday. Didn't get any particular satisfaction from the matches today and it started to feel superficial again so I decided to put the game on +2 to push the game a little and experiment with it. Putting the game on +2 speed is a good way to experience how deep the game is and how individual it is since you experience everything faster and get a quicker overview on how the game is working when you push it with a lot of passing and dribbling. I came to the conclusion it is empty, as far as I can tell at least. You cannot create advanced and variated passing patterns as in Pes 2013, and the players just feel like empty shells Yes, I might be a bit impatient but thats my current view of the game. It wont last for us seeking a deeper experience.

Last edited:
So quicker game means quicker deductions?

Dude that's just wierd.

I think we have reached the point where no mate what people just can't be pleased with PES konami must concentrate on the ones that do imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom