PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I trought that the World Challenge will be out in the same time as the patch+dlc, it was annouced at the same time with the same date... I was wrong

Edit: i tried the gameplay... Dribbling at slow pace seems way better (footsteps are larger/longer, players doesn't feel to walk too slow now) but in counterpart, it feels less "360 degree" and more on rails, a bit robotic in the directional changes, like older PES 2011/12/13...

I can't say i'm a big fan of that sensation, it seems like an engine step back.
It Needs a few more possibilities of directions and a package of new dribbling animations for PES 2015.

Last edited:
-Players more responsive - especially defending. Your defenders will rarely get stuck flat footed.
-Normal dribbling is more like Pes13, but a little more loose. Harder to keep the ball in tight pressure situations, but more natural and easier to change directions.
-I think a lot of work has been down to defending. eg. If you get countered on quickly (attacker running at your cb's from the halfway line), you defenders stand off + run back. The high line doesn't feel as suicidal. Nice to see.

The onus is now on the attackers to break down the defence, not the other way around.

-Shots are now rockets. You can score a lot of screamers from outside the box.
Finesse shooting is much improved. A lot more zip, no longer flooty lob types.
-Game speed is a lot faster, more like Pes13. Symptom of higher responsiveness I think.
-Much more of a passing game now. Because defending better/easier, the explosive power isn't as strong as it was. Harder to burst past players.
-Haven't seen much change in keepers. They save a good few of the rocket shots. They rarely catch power shots, and palm it away (into safety most of the time)

If you get accustomed to the speed, the game definitely plays a lot better.
Credit to Konami, I thought this patch would have little to no gameplay tweaks (+ just be for implementing the WC dlc). Turns out it's their biggest game changer so far.

I'm noticing this as well. Especially in cases where your opponent is running at your defense, if you can chase him down and contain him for a few moments, there will be a secondary defender coming back deep behind you to plug the hole, in case you get beaten. The position sense of the covering defender is much better than pre-patch. This may be part of the reason I don't feel as vulnerable when I face blind dribbling spammers post-patch.

I'm wondering if the improvement in defensive awareness applies to long balls as well. I'd like to know if the d-line players have any awareness to opponent triggered runs and 1-2 runs. These used to be very exploitable due to the defenders' lack of awareness to follow the runs, and letting them through almost every time. Happens a lot in open play as well as kick off.

Last edited:
I'm noticing this as well. Especially in cases where your opponent is running at your defense, if you can chase him down and contain him for a few moments, there will be a secondary defender coming back deep behind you to plug the hole, in case you get beaten. The position sense of the covering defender is much better than pre-patch. This may be part of the reason I don't feel as vulnerable when I face blind dribbling spammers post-patch.

I'm wondering if the improvement in defensive awareness applies to long balls as well. I'd like to know if the d-line players have any awareness to opponent triggered runs and 1-2 runs. These used to be very exploitable due to the defenders' lack of awareness to follow the runs, and letting them through almost every time. Happens a lot in open play as well as kick off.

I've been on MLO today for the 1st time in months. I haven't been stung by long balls once. The defensive line really do give themselves room on the counter. They run back + cover well instead of hold the high line (no matter what setting) or close up. Much more like the PS2 games. Big step forward imo
While playing last night + today I've only had one match were dribbling 'spam' has got through my defence, and that was purely down to (button) lag. The only bad game I've had.
Rare to see a 1on1 now

The downside I'm seeing due to the changes is that you have very little time on the ball. The pace of the game is very quick because of the defensive pressure, so the dribbling is very difficult. Realistic in a sense that you can't always dribble past players at will (compact areas are very difficult), but the overall pace isn't. It's all about the passing.

The form + 'heart' has defo been tweaked as well. No longer seeing half the squad on purple. Mostly greens with a few players either side of that.
Pre-game heart is now very neutral for all players, similar style to form above. It's actually working pretty well and having the desired effect during games I think.

I'm hoping that rumour about it being on PSN+ for April is true. That'd save a lot of face, especially if the 1.10 (ten? really?) patch is much better and worth showing off to people. It'd also be a shrewd move if they want people to buy their DLC come summer.

It'd restore a lot of faith in the fans, like, urm, well me and the other half of the PES userbase.

The PC thing is really insane though. It's a terrible way to treat the customer base, especially as it means people are less likely to support them on a platform which they probably assume a lot of people pirate for already. It's pretty much going to mean a lot of people end up pirating the next version (which I don't condone but well let's be realistic). Either treat the PC version like the others or stop making the game for PC.

Last edited:
Shooting has improved dramatically. It's fun again. You can really thump the ball from range, and it will actually goes in the net, sometimes. You can even lace it and keep it low.

The patch is a step in the right direction at last. The standout thing for me is, the CPU try to retain possession. Making the game harder than pre patch.

The R2 button has been given some attention too. Shooting with it is better, and crosses into the box using it are majisterial. Attacking headers have improved too. Timed correctly with the right player they're lethal.

The R2 button has been given some attention too. Shooting with it is better, and crosses into the box using it are majisterial. Attacking headers have improved too. Timed correctly with the right player they're lethal.

R2 shooting actually works now.

Y'all breaking my heart. I really wanted to buy PES 14 and try MLO, especially since you're all praising this new patch so much...

But what's the point of getting it since patch won't come to PC version?

And what's making it even worse is that Bhatty Boy, "Community Manager" - he says KONAMI won't stop supporting PC version yet also says there won't be a patch for PC version.

I'd love to just write to him and let him know what kind of liars he and subsequently KONAMI are now, but the guy seems to be somewhat special. Apparently he's offended by people angry by lack of patch for PC and sooner or late refuses to reply to them.

"Community Manager".

And what makes it even worse if you, Console People, as from your relations it seems the game really got better.

It's all your fault :CONFUSE:

so it will be in PS+ IGC for April.

Nice.

I'm glad I sold it in December (actually traded in 1:1 for Uncharted 2 as a Xmas present for my sister, who actually haven't opened the case yet)

Now I can test, how the recent patches improved gameplay.

Is it any better now?

Glad to hear it. Does R2 shot actually have a bit of pace now?

Depends who you use to shoot, but in general yes. More so than before the patch anyway. Ozil's R2 controlled shot has some good pace on it from the edge of penalty area, for example.

Only played a few games and still need to adjust to Pes 2014 but instantly noticed an improvement. I still think responsiveness could be even better. Individuality still is lacking, and the game is is still a bit stiff. Don't know if these improvements are enough to keep coming back to the game but is Konami can release one final patch which makes the game completely fluid and responsive then it might be as playable as Pes 2013. Still feel Pes 2013 is much more deep and dynamic at its core though. The "superficial" feel is still not gone from Pes 2014 but I have to give it some more time. It was nice to notice the improvements but still doubt it's actually a fun and stimulating game.. I really fear most individuality is gone.

Last edited:
The main improvements for me are...

1: Player positioning is so much better. There's rarely one on ones now, and your entire back four doesn't go walk abouts. Likewise, find through balls is infinitely harder than it used to be. It's more like PES 2013 in that respect, but not because your players don't make the right runs, but because the opponent's AI is smarter.

2. If you cut insidey our opponent you'd always - and I mean ALWAYS - ghost past them. That's gone now. You can't run past Alves with Mertersacker by cutting inside, and that makes your attacks feel more genuine and hard earned.

3. Responsiveness. So much better. I almost feel like it's instantaneous now. Maybe some improvement still needed, but infinitely better than before.

These improvements are huge and really go a long way to make the game more rewarding. It feels more like PES 2013.

Yeah, glad that console users can play the game. Seems like it has really improved.

We however, have to deal with that:

https://twitter.com/Adam_Bhatti/status/448903298779971584

:LOL:

This reminds me, didn't he say similar stuff with implementing snow/rain to the finished game? Why do they have to lie?

Not realising final patch for PC is not funny. They act like kids throwing toys out of pram. Why do I think so? Because they must realize that on those forums are people who can do better job than devs. Faces, gameplay fixes, etc. Instead living in sync, they acted with no more will you lot ruin our patches with your modding.

Heh. So much for XXI century approach to customers. I am disappointed. I paid for product I will never be able to fully use. Can I sue KONAMI for not equal customer treatment or not bringing same content for their product?

I have it on PS3.
It's fun to play (only played two matches).
I like the new menu's...

But people who complain that Konami charged money for this are right, to be honest...

I will never again give Konami a penny of my money, wish I never bought PES 2014 for PC.

Their attitude is absolutely appalling.

How can they have the cheek to release a chargeable DLC after the farce of this PES release is astonishing, and whats also astonishing is that people are willing to pay for this DLC, they should give it away free as a apology to all fans for all the issues and releasing an unfinished product...

I have it on PS3.
It's fun to play (only played two matches).
I like the new menu's...

But people who complain that Konami charged money for this are right, to be honest...

I've to agree with this, definitely not worth £8, maybe £2 at most.

But the patch has massively improved the game, Shooting and Player movement just feel so free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom