PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've skipped the last patch, so went from 1.06 to this now on xbox360.

There are little improvements, a little bit more fouls given which is welcome. A little bit more control while dribbling which is also welcome and it seems to be offering a little more fun, which is also welcome.

But still some of the major problems remain:

1. Individuality needs to be way more prominent, both for players and teams.

2. Control is still not where it should be: Often players get locked into certain animations and you can't influence anything until the animation has played out, sometimes players are locked onto rails you wish to influence without using supercancel.
Even more frustrating is that players don't react to input at all, even though the cursor is on them. While I'm on the ball they react to input, but off the ball, when the ball is lost or among the opponent and you get your cursor on defenders and you press that they run or slide or whatever... There are often situations where the players off the ball with the cursor on them don't react to your input.

3. A real time two tiered stamina/fatigue system is sorely missing.

4. The goalkeeper doesn't act as interested as I would like him to be. For example a ball comes into his direction and he could easily go for the ball to prevent a corner-kick, but no he just stays on his line and watches the ball roll over the line.

With the patches Konami is taking babysteps to improve the game, which is good, but I hope the big problems are solved for PES 2015.

I've skipped the last patch, so went from 1.06 to this now on xbox360.

There are little improvements, a little bit more fouls given which is welcome. A little bit more control while dribbling which is also welcome and it seems to be offering a little more fun, which is also welcome.

But still some of the major problems remain:

1. Individuality needs to be way more prominent, both for players and teams.

2. Control is still not where it should be: Often players get locked into certain animations and you can't influence anything until the animation has played out, sometimes players are locked onto rails you wish to influence without using supercancel.
Even more frustrating is that players don't react to input at all, even though the cursor is on them. While I'm on the ball they react to input, but off the ball, when the ball is lost or among the opponent and you get your cursor on defenders and you press that they run or slide or whatever... There are often situations where the players off the ball with the cursor on them don't react to your input.

3. A real time two tiered stamina/fatigue system is sorely missing.

4. The goalkeeper doesn't act as interested as I would like him to be. For example a ball comes into his direction and he could easily go for the ball to prevent a corner-kick, but no he just stays on his line and watches the ball roll over the line.

With the patches Konami is taking babysteps to improve the game, which is good, but I hope the big problems are solved for PES 2015.

If you're talking about the latest patch I'm not convinced . . . .been playing it for a good few matches now and it's beginning to feel like the early versions when the game was released.

There's a lot of running into each other and passing feels more assisted. It feels a bit easier than the last patch and the guy running the length of the pitch of his own accord is back!

Playing world cup with argentina on top player 1 bar passing, manual shooting

Game is enjoyable but man the ref is an absolute donkey. Gives red cards for silly fouls and getting tins of penalties for all the wrong reasons atm.

The movement seems more frustrating now with the latest patch.

Playing world cup with argentina on top player 1 bar passing, manual shooting

Game is enjoyable but man the ref is an absolute donkey. Gives red cards for silly fouls and getting tins of penalties for all the wrong reasons atm.

The movement seems more frustrating now with the latest patch.

Yeh it's not as good as the last one I find that it allows you to stumble through the defence when you're attacking and allows your players to go really deep into the opposition box.

I don't know why they changed it unless they're trying to create excitement as in copying the world cup.

Can this patch be deleted?

I set up a WC with Columbia, managed a 1-1 draw against Greece but then Cote D'Ivoire hammered me 6-0! I play on Superstar/no bars and I'm finding it increasingly hard to score with each patch. My goal against Greece was a sweet long range knuckle ball which swerved into the bottom left corner, but even clear cut chances got me nowhere in the next game. I'm think of lowering the difficulty, or at least move to 1 bars in passing.

That happened in earlier PES releases also.
Wondering when KONAMI is getting this right.

I'm finding it very difficult to score with the latest patch most games are 0-0 affairs, the A.I. has no problem scoring heavily scripted goals but as for myself I don't know whats happening. . . . goalies feel improved some of the time.

Hating this latest patch. The previous version was okay, save for the arcadey shooting, but now the game feels like a mess. Midfield play is brain-dead and sloppy, and the CPU is making my AI defenders look like morons. And more of those awesome "50 yard lofted pass over the top to an attacker who doesn't even turn his head to locate the ball before he hits a volley into the top corner" goals. Fun.

Hating this latest patch. The previous version was okay, save for the arcadey shooting, but now the game feels like a mess. Midfield play is brain-dead and sloppy, and the CPU is making my AI defenders look like morons. And more of those awesome "50 yard lofted pass over the top to an attacker who doesn't even turn his head to locate the ball before he hits a volley into the top corner" goals. Fun.

Have to agree as I said earlier it's a bit of a throwback to earlier versions of the game.

A complete mess of dashing around crashing into each other at speed last patch was nearly perfect.. . . I dunno I'm starting to worry for Pes 2015 if they think that this is an improvement!

Now, the game isn't only unplayable. It's unbearable. The number of idiotic and superficial changes that's implemented is mind-numbing.

PES developers seem to deliberately irritate and taunt players with each patch, they probed and pushed the players' tolerance threshold every time by increasingly handicapping, sabotaging every aspects of the limited control You have left in the game.

Their motto is making the AI look smarter by crippling game mechanism imposed on your controlled AI and your AI team mates as well as other control features as:

1/ Cursor change and responsiveness.

2/Magnetized ball, ridiculous collision detection resulting in a mess biased refereeing mechanism.

I am playing with Fire Patch 5.1 WC edition (they use 1.12 patch), 2 bar passing, 20 min matches, Front line pressure greatly reduced, system.bin locked and am having some great games.

The problem with PES 2014 (PC) is that one day it plays like a charm, and another it frustrates you in every moment.

I've seen it all now as regards the scripting on this new patch. The thinking behind it seems to be . . . .prevent the user from scoring.

Most games on Superstar I've had an average of 19 shots but no goals as compared to AI of 6 shots 3 goals, ridiculous saves by AI keepers, but to top it all off I was fouled a clear 6 yards into the box and was waiting to take my penalty when I was awarded a free-kick on the edge of the box.

That's outrageous bullshit even for konami. ... . somebody please destroy this new patch.

With this new patch CPU could de-possess your controlled player at will. Turning and shielding to protect the ball and safe distance to your opponent is a joke. Suddenly they will teleport to dispossess You from any angle, direction and position.

Too many locked/snapped on manufactured synchronized events = Faked difficulty (because the event is locked in real fast, your response speed or control is useless).

The AI on my team is deliberately programmed to be more retarded.

Whenever my controlled player has an advantage either with speed or position, he then for no apparent reason paused or LOCKED ONTO a turning totally to the opposite direction, or a railed run straight into the path of an opponent.

Unnecessary animation, weird turning and running of my controlled player = a game designer's cunning trick to delay my controlled player while looking innocent.

There are always synchronization of movements or formations between my AI team mates and CPU formation to trap me and to corner me to an artificially created cul de sac situation. My team mate always are running into the least favorite position to pass to. They seem also to sabotage my clearance or shoot on goal by always position themselves right into the trajectories at the most crucial moment. My team mates are pre-programmed to collude with the CPU to sabotage my effort.

I have an impression that play the game with a mathematical equation and a mathematical certainty to make sure I lose if the designers want to. The unpredictability is in fact a mathematical design to happen in an absolute manner.

There are mirror movement, there is reading of my controller's input. All the unfair cheating manoeuvers could have been used has been utillised by the designers of this game.

The game designers hide behind the mask of game "physics" to execute their cheating game design approach without player having the evidence to be outraged about it.

If I complained about my player's lack of control or the ball trajectory's and magnetized to player feet strange behavior, the game designer will say: "Look, it is physics!"

Then my controller input is severely sabotaged too.

I notice my defender(s) was pushed out of the way by the pre-programmed game mechanics every time a ball was passed to a CPU striker.

How can I defend if the game decided to do that?

Then the deliberately programmed biased refereeing of the game.

Every of my tackle is a foul now.

Sometimes the foul or red card is so random it makes me mad.

Last edited:
Fed up of playing disgusting scripted pes with out and out stupid friggin AI.
Till they fix this no pes for me it's shite.

Translation of the above article:

"In an interview with Videogamer , Adam Bhatti in charge of the PES brand in Europe, spoke about the past and the present of the famous franchise from Konami. Bhatti spoke about issues such as the failure of the previous game, which admitted that was released half done and said PES 5 and 6 are two examples of the expected gameplay for PES 2015.

"PES became known for its portrayal of football, not the animations of the players or the way they moved. During the first titles in the series were able to capture some things, for example how to run the players, and was very responsive and this allowed play almost instinctively. PES In 2014, players had to think about the plays two seconds before you do them for the animation to answer, and that was definitely not PES. "

"We learned from PES 14. As you say, it was probably half done and I think that was the feedback we received from the fans. Most fans were very disappointed with us last year. Heard what you told us and we are fully aware of what happened , so this year will not be just a case of 'do not worry, we'll fix.' will be released when ready. "

The development team seems to be very focused on the most acclaimed games of the series.

"For us, PES 2015 is a return to basics, a return to why you started playing PES. PES 5 and PES 6 marked us, mainly because it was an era in which fans continue to tell us' this was the moment when you were good and they were the best. '"

"We can not just take those two games and adapt them to high resolution by 40 or 50 pounds, the truth is we can not and do not believe we should do it:. Achieve we have to raise the bar however the gameplay of these games remains magical, still perfect for me. Tried to capture it and rediscover why it was special. "

Pes5,6 were great those days, but going back is the worst solution.
Konami will produce a pes5,6 with better graphics.
That's what we asked for ? No, we asked for a new game based on pes2014(which was almost magnificent, especially PC version).

But .... Konami !

I think I may be one of only few that like PES2014 more that any of the last few years games.

People go about PES5 and 6, but my memory of them was that I would have the opposition pinned around their box, fast players were caught by defenders and dribbling was clunky.

That is why I started editing games.

I think my dislike for the last few years games could from wanting to pull my eyes out with a spoon whenever matches were played at night in the master league.

I wonder if they got the lighting ideas for these from the Brazilian leagues as I have noticed the night games in the world cup have a dull luck about them like PES2011-12 and 13 had

I think you guys thinking there going back to pes5/6 is out of context,there talking about the unpredictability,response and fluidity..not a return to 8-axis clunky movement and on rails control that was more stat driven.

Pes has evolved interms of movement and control its lacking the layers that made those early titles so arresting.

Pes14 was a half baked raw base that will allow them a descent platform to refine and add to this year.

I think I may be one of only few that like PES2014 more that any of the last few years games.

People go about PES5 and 6, but my memory of them was that I would have the opposition pinned around their box, fast players were caught by defenders and dribbling was clunky.

That is why I started editing games.

I think my dislike for the last few years games could from wanting to pull my eyes out with a spoon whenever matches were played at night in the master league.

I wonder if they got the lighting ideas for these from the Brazilian leagues as I have noticed the night games in the world cup have a dull luck about them like PES2011-12 and 13 had

I'm like you in that I prefer PES 2014 over PES 2008-2013. However, it still doesn't provide me with the same feelings of fun and satisfaction that PES 3-6 do. I still find dribbling, passing and and shooting in those games to be incredibly responsive and satisfying.

I've just been playing Pes 5 and Pes 4 and I actually prefer Pes 4, too many fouls in Pes 5 and 4 has a better pace to it. . .. . .and what the fuck is happening to Brazil? It could end up in double figures at this rate. .. . . .embarrassing!

Feels like anything above professional difficulty is a crap shoot. Will the CPU decide it will destroy you with scripted goals, or will they give you an honest chance? Even when I play with 2 bars of assistance (I normally do 1 or 0) it just feels predetermined sometimes. Manual shooting is a must, though. Low shots from distance are very effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom