PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Eurogamer PES 2017 preview now live.

How odd that I said yesterday "I'd trust a review that said it was too slow or boring over anything else", and here we are.

The surprise is how slow this new Pro Evolution Soccer feels.
After just over an hour's play I'm still not entirely sure it's to my taste.
Adam Bhatti says there'll be no more 6-6 draws like we saw in last year's game - I'm too embarrassed to admit I've gone whole afternoons with the game happy with the brace of goals I'd bundled in off wayward shins.
If you're literate in football - I'm a Chelsea fan, for heaven's sake, so I'll happily admit I'm not[...]

Genuinely hopeful now.

The only downside I found in my few hours with the game was there were too many instances, on any difficulty, where I was able to run straight past defenders at an angle. It felt a little too ISS 64, where defenders would wait and wait, and then wait some more, without attempting a tackle. It created too many times where attacking buildup was spoiled because I felt the pace of a player coupled with defensive hesitancy was the dominant tactic to employ. I wanted to beat the team, not game individuals.
Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/pes-2017-review#zLK2JG3gvVGXHOa3.99

http://www.trustedreviews.com/pes-2017-review

:II:II:II:II:II:II

yet, Konami will hear from these people and then modify the game for their taste so they get great reviews, great awards that mean nothing and then all the managers will be happy...

leaving us fans with a promise again of a great game, but not stuff we'd truly enjoy...Happens almost every year that the demo is better than the game...

stuartyd ‏@stuartyd
@AsimTanvir will it be too late in the development cycle for #PES2017 to be altered off the back of feedback from the community?

Asim Tanvir
‏@AsimTanvir
@stuartyd78 We're holding the community day this early (never done before) so we can get feedback that will make a difference.

Looks like the laser-guided passing assistance is here to stay :(

So whereas in FIFA 16 a diagonal pass from, say, centre back to right midfielder might fly out of play if you didn’t get the intended angle perfect via the left stick, PES is more forgiving. In PES 2017, under- or overhit a similar pass and the recipient might need an extra split-second to trap it, but I see zero balls spanged out of play due to slightly imprecise controller inputs.

Looks like the laser-guided passing assistance is here to stay :(

Never had a Pes or Fifa were the ball was put out of play because of slight imprecise controller inputs. Assistance is here to stay. The problem is when assistance is way too much like it was in Pes 2016 when it was just a tap and you could string together several passes without even directioning the ball. Let's hope that has been addressed.

Why does Adam sound like this great 'community caring' guy every time a new pes game is about to come out. Yet he will deny and ignore every criticism after the game is released.

Sounds like konami will still have same problems just refined a little bit, but still there, can't expect too much from a part time project. Not excited

Adam will be there somewhere working hard, looking sideways at a dusted old PC with an evil grin on his face. *fades

The stadium are definitely Allianz Parque :))

allianz_parque_bb.jpg
One of the previews states that the stadium in the preview code is in fact a fictional stadium called "Neue Sonne Arena" and not the Allianz Parque.

Never had a Pes or Fifa were the ball was put out of play because of slight imprecise controller inputs. Assistance is here to stay.
Got to say, I play FIFA 16 regularly at the moment, and I kick the ball out of play (on assisted passing) at least once every couple of games. The AI does it more often, but that's because I'm trying to tweak the difficulty level and remove its superpowers...

Why does Adam sound like this great 'community caring' guy every time a new pes game is about to come out. Yet he will deny and ignore every criticism after the game is released.
Because it's his job to sell the game. No matter how much he may (or may not) love the series and want it to improve, his job is to sell the game. End of story.

As Gerd has said several times, he ignores community criticism of something (e.g. the goalkeepers in 2016) because otherwise he will be drawing attention to something that could discourage people from buying the game. But as soon as the press starts for the new version, he will freely say "we realise that [e.g. goalkeepers] were poor last year", or words to that effect (e.g. - actual quote - "this was the number one requested change by our community").

quite frankly after reading these previews i don´t see anything good regarding the flaws that were mentioned last year and the years past.

Keepers:
Althoug in all previews they say they are improved i felt there was not a great confidence in saying they are good keepers overall, they seem a bit reluctant. Now one mentioned if they still glued to their line, no one mentioned what is their response to the shitty OP R2 low shots, no one mentioned if those awfull slow mow fall to the side are still there or not.

Shooting:
All we have read about it was that it suffered a little change in the outcome based on positioning and balance of the players. No one talkek about different shooting animations, about weak foot shooting that in 2016 was almost the same as shooting with the preferred foot, no one mentioned weak shoots, or shoot that booble, shoots that go way wide or outside the stadium. And this quote from the WENB preview worry´s me "Although it still remains challenging, we found ourselves using the finesse shot more often and when timed and positioned well, it produces some rather satisfying moments. I’d still like to see more accurate ball trajectories factoring Magnus and drag effects, but this will do for now. Its satisfying knowing"

Defending:
Cant see nothing about this in previews, no one talked about the tackling system, if it steels the same with that awfull 2x(X) to do an awful animation standing tackle, or the double pressure abuse, or the normal defending routines like DMF closing the SB runs, defense awareness etc etc.

Passing:
Although the previews say its improved because of the new trapping system and the weight and speed added to it, no one mentioned if its easy or not doing ping-pong laser guided passes, and the worst for me if they finnaly killed the OP lobbed through ball, and through passes in general.

Fouls and referees:
Not a single word...

Set piece system:
Is it the same? do we still have that awfull PK system, and that guided line FK and CK system? Are there some chanes?

I know that preview time are a few hours with the game, but FFS, the journalist that don't know nothing about football, i can understand, but the community guys, i cannot, they know the Goods and BADS that plague PES from long ago and the ones that plagued the past 2 iterations.

It seems that this previews are just to say what Konami want them to say, because if we see well they all focused on the aspects that Konami mentioned when the game was announced.

Maybe we will have a better focus on the PES day but i doubt anyone can be excited about the new game after this shallow previews, and having into account the recent (10 years) history, it´s more difficult.

These previews are overall positive, but they all seem to lack something to it that tell us there´s something good coming, instead i think previews tell us the contrary, despite one or other improved aspect. Hope i´m wrong. Lets wait for PES day to see.

"I appreciate guys who play PES really want to have authentic kits," says Bhatti, "but there's some features in edit mode that we can announce later at E3 that will definitely appease that."

Edit mode finally improved? :PRAY:

From videogamer preview: "PES 2016 has the best passing game of any football title"

You got to be kidding me...

Extremetly accurate passes with no contextual erros and poor ball physics mean the "the best passing ever for these guys".

I am more than convinced that these guys from the press are our worst enemies as PES fans. Its obvious that Konami are always adjusting (before release) to adapt the game to their taste, just to get that 9 score.

quite frankly after reading these previews i don´t see anything good regarding the flaws that were mentioned last year and the years past.

Keepers:
Althoug in all previews they say they are improved i felt there was not a great confidence in saying they are good keepers overall, they seem a bit reluctant. Now one mentioned if they still glued to their line, no one mentioned what is their response to the shitty OP R2 low shots, no one mentioned if those awfull slow mow fall to the side are still there or not.

Shooting:
All we have read about it was that it suffered a little change in the outcome based on positioning and balance of the players. No one talkek about different shooting animations, about weak foot shooting that in 2016 was almost the same as shooting with the preferred foot, no one mentioned weak shoots, or shoot that booble, shoots that go way wide or outside the stadium. And this quote from the WENB preview worry´s me "Although it still remains challenging, we found ourselves using the finesse shot more often and when timed and positioned well, it produces some rather satisfying moments. I’d still like to see more accurate ball trajectories factoring Magnus and drag effects, but this will do for now. Its satisfying knowing"

Defending:
Cant see nothing about this in previews, no one talked about the tackling system, if it steels the same with that awfull 2x(X) to do an awful animation standing tackle, or the double pressure abuse, or the normal defending routines like DMF closing the SB runs, defense awareness etc etc.

Passing:
Although the previews say its improved because of the new trapping system and the weight and speed added to it, no one mentioned if its easy or not doing ping-pong laser guided passes, and the worst for me if they finnaly killed the OP lobbed through ball, and through passes in general.

Fouls and referees:
Not a single word...

Set piece system:
Is it the same? do we still have that awfull PK system, and that guided line FK and CK system? Are there some chanes?

I know that preview time are a few hours with the game, but FFS, the journalist that don't know nothing about football, i can understand, but the community guys, i cannot, they know the Goods and BADS that plague PES from long ago and the ones that plagued the past 2 iterations.

It seems that this previews are just to say what Konami want them to say, because if we see well they all focused on the aspects that Konami mentioned when the game was announced.

Maybe we will have a better focus on the PES day but i doubt anyone can be excited about the new game after this shallow previews, and having into account the recent (10 years) history, it´s more difficult.

These previews are overall positive, but they all seem to lack something to it that tell us there´s something good coming, instead i think previews tell us the contrary, despite one or other improved aspect. Hope i´m wrong. Lets wait for PES day to see.

you obviously havent read but one review at most

Keepers:

Shooting:

Defending:

Passing:

Fouls and referees:
Not a single word...

Set piece system:

Hi! Excelent post!

The thing is, these guys from the press just play like the typical random online player you play against on PES or Fifa, and thats very telling. Their impressions and feadback are not trustful at all for that reason.

For example, about the defence, you mentioned the double pressure abuse as an issue (wich has always been one the main things that completelty ruin the online experience along with the assisted passing and lag), but heres the problem: THESE GUYS DO T EVEN SEE THIS AS A PROBLEM IN THE FIRST PLACE. They all have that bad habbit of holding R1+X+Square down and they think its normal to defend that way.

I remember the days that a new PES always had something forced players to drop their bad habbits and relearn the game. For that reason, people used to complain about the game for the first two weeks of playing it but they ended up loving it after they changed their mentality and adapt it to the game.

We dont have that anymore, a game that forces players to change their mentality and stop their bad habbits (like pressure abus or ping pong passing looking for an easy goal). And these guys from the press IS part of the reason why we dont have that anymore.

Remember this isn't impressions from people like us, its the in the pocket people who are talking about the buzzwords, I refuse to believe them, god is a geek for example, where Asim used to work, didn't he also do a written review for one of the other sites (game informer?) last year.

I'm not believing a word of it.

Back
Top Bottom