PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I hope they invite lot of FIFA youtubers for thursday again who will feedback such things "i cant shoot", "i cant score", "i cant dribble", "i cant pass","keepers too good", "game is too slow".

Reading google translate it seems they think R2 shooting is too easily catched by goalkeepers. They reported that to KONAMI who answered that in demo goalkeepers are some of the best (Neuer, Oblak), so it's more difficult to score against them with r2 compared to lower rated goalkeepers.

All right, people already complaining they cannot score with R2. :BLINK:

I know That this is a bet game, but this highlights are just CG or a real time engine?
I believe they're CG.

Rush football every year? :D
Hey! It's become a cult game! :BLEH:
I often stop by when I see a "gambling kiosk" in a mall here to see if they have Rush Football inside...
And if they do, I usually stop to watch two or three gameplay sequences. It does actually look pretty good in terms of flow and animations. :D

Reading google translate it seems they think R2 shooting is too easily catched by goalkeepers. They reported that to KONAMI who answered that in demo goalkeepers are some of the best (Neuer, Oblak), so it's more difficult to score against them with r2 compared to lower rated goalkeepers.

All right, people already complaining they cannot score with R2. :BLINK:

I dont understand why people want to turn PES into FIFA and why Adam listen to those 3-5 guys....AFTER they make changes according to the mass feedback.

I hope they invite lot of FIFA youtubers for thursday again who will feedback such things "i cant shoot", "i cant score", "i cant dribble", "i cant pass","keepers too good", "game is too slow".
That'd be great - I'd certainly have more faith in a review like that (and know that PES has genuinely changed for the better) than a review from someone who's been given a free ticket for the Champions League final...

You know what i mean. FIFA 16 turned into an arcade fest, just look up EA's forum for the feedbacks people gave. I hope they stick with #controlreality for sure.

That'd be great - I'd certainly have more faith in a review like that (and know that PES has genuinely changed for the better) than a review from someone who's been given a free ticket for the Champions League final...

How do you know that?

How will PES 2017 graphics upgrade be implemented on last-gen consoles and PC ? The FOX Engine already pushes PS3/360 hardware to it's limit. PC,however is a different matter altogether.

You know what i mean. FIFA 16 turned into an arcade fest, just look up EA's forum for the feedbacks people gave.
(If this was aimed at me) I was agreeing with you!!

How do you know that?
I know Adam and Asim were at the CL final, I've seen a few check-ins on Facebook with lots of other guys, and it's the kind of thing EA do literally every year for the FIFA community (free plane tickets to Vancouver, free room in an amazing hotel, free stuff and/or tickets to events - I speak from experience).

You said yourself:
Well this page on the same website shows the guy (website owner) at the actual Champs League final, http://www.true-gaming.net/home/307962/.

I doubt they'd ask playtesters or webmasters (who they're relying on to whip up excitement) to pay for their tickets...

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it - it's standard industry practice! Nor am I saying that the preview isn't honest - it goes into enough detail for me to think it was written by someone who was genuinely impressed.

I'm just saying that if they try to buy some FIFA YouTuber's allegiance, who loves scoring 10 goals a game, and they complain that it feels "too hard to score" or "boring", as Gabe said, that's a much more positive sign to me because they have nothing to gain by saying that and it would mean PES is trying to be a simulation again (for example, whoever wrote that preview may have thought PES 2016 was great - in which case, I can't buy into their opinion, because I disliked PES 2016 from day one and personally think 2017 needs to be miles better, not just a bit better).

Last edited:
The worst thing that Konami can do to us is hearing bad feedback from the typical Fifa youtubers, unless they (konami) think like we do, that their complaints (too hard to score, too hard to steal the ball, too many fouls, can't pass etc) is actually a good sign.

But I dont trust Konami. Even if deep inside their hearts they know that fifa youtubers complaints mean that the game is in the right direction on simulating the sport, at the end of the day money talks, they want these guys to praise the game to convince their hundreds of thousands of subcribers.

First press release same as always. Words words words, blah blah and blah. Unimpressive, generic, marketing zero.

Demo and information on new modes if any, updates to existing modes and new leagues/licences will be a decider. Also edit mode improvements(+stadium creator), visuals and those small little things that make you love the game.
And for us PC players, ultimately is the PC a normal game or a PS3 port.

But, i'm guessing we're still a month or two from all those information, if not more. So far from those screens, it looks like a PES 2015.2.2 sadly, and there isn't much more to be said. Hopefully it doesn't play as it looks. Now we wait.

(If this was aimed at me) I was agreeing with you!!

I know Adam and Asim were at the CL final, I've seen a few check-ins on Facebook with lots of other guys, and it's the kind of thing EA do literally every year for the FIFA community (free plane tickets to Vancouver, free room in an amazing hotel, free stuff and/or tickets to events - I speak from experience).

You said yourself:

I doubt they'd ask playtesters or webmasters (who they're relying on to whip up excitement) to pay for their tickets...

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it - it's standard industry practice! Nor am I saying that the preview isn't honest - it goes into enough detail for me to think it was written by someone who was genuinely impressed.

I'm just saying that if they try to buy some FIFA YouTuber's allegiance, who loves scoring 10 goals a game, and they complain that it feels "too hard to score" or "boring", as Gabe said, that's a much more positive sign to me because they have nothing to gain by saying that and it would mean PES is trying to be a simulation again (for example, whoever wrote that preview may have thought PES 2016 was great - in which case, I can't buy into their opinion, because I disliked PES 2016 from day one and personally think 2017 needs to be miles better, not just a bit better).

I honestly can't imagine Konami coughing up all that money for a few reviews from unknowns. They're not EA to throw money about. I don't know, I find it really hard knowing Konami.

Anyway, I really don't take these impressions seriously. After all these years I'd always rather wait for the demo.

haha yea man I know where you are coming from.

At present there is a 95% chance that the BBVA League for PES 2017 is lost, but keep the players from each team for the FIFPro license

We'll have some but not all of the BBVA

I don't think that they've lost the BBVA League licence.

BTW: It seems like that there is Arsenal and ManU licensed.

Last edited:
Anyone here saw This?
https://youtu.be/GClN46lKJnQ

Why games live pes or fifa cant have realistic pacing and animations like this game?
I know That this is a bet game, but this highlights are just CG or a real time engine?
Its amazing how realistic this players move.

This is possible right now on the Xbone and PS4 but because FIFA and PES have a monopoly on the market they haven't paid anyone who has the skills to implement these 3D shirts because to them it serves no profit for the investment needed.

Good people like PESEP and TMK from PES Universe are going so just watch what they say rather than the FIFA crowd.

Last edited:
Konami needs to bring back into PES: 1) World Tour mode, 2) Stadium Creator, 3) Random Selection Match, 4) Community Mode and 5) they should make it possible to mix up the home kit with the away kit, eg if there is a kit clash you can use your away kit shorts and socks with the home shirt to avoid kit clash. You used to be able to do this in PES 5 but they got rid of it. I don't know why they got rid of these 5 things and I wish they would bring it back.

Well, they invited all of them last year and they loved it because it was a ping pong lazer shooting fest.

The ball physics need sorting, played for the first time in 3 months last night and passing is just stupid. It's like it's a bowling ball , zip passing, stuck to the ground with no variation or bobble

The ball physics need sorting, played for the first time in 3 months last night and passing is just stupid. It's like it's a bowling ball , zip passing, stuck to the ground with no variation or bobble

Agreed 100%.

I remember someone posting here a video showing an early code of Pes 2014. Ball physics for passing looked sublime, most organic ever.

I dont know why they wen backwards since. Pes 2015 was a heavy "downgrade" on this aspect.

Things like this make think that Pes 2014, despite all the issues, was something that could be special. In some aspects it was light years ahead lf any football game.

Something also weird to me is that Pes 2014 was lacking a lot in terms of variety of animations, and yet players moved so natural (not 100% of the time of course) on that game.

Pes 2017 should be the real evolution that Pes 2014 deserved fo have.

5) they should make it possible to mix up the home kit with the away kit, eg if there is a kit clash you can use your away kit shorts and socks with the home shirt to avoid kit clash. You used to be able to do this in PES 5 but they got rid of it. I don't know why they got rid of these 5 things and I wish they would bring it back.

Licensing issues.

They are serious about gameplay man, trust me.

I'm not sure.. PESEP hates offline and only plays My Club.. he also uses 2 level pass support on PES 2016. I don't think he cares about simulation. He is a great player of the game, he understands tactics and how to play the game, but.. yeah

Agreed 100%.

I remember someone posting here a video showing an early code of Pes 2014. Ball physics for passing looked sublime, most organic ever.

I dont know why they wen backwards since. Pes 2015 was a heavy "downgrade" on this aspect.

Things like this make think that Pes 2014, despite all the issues, was something that could be special. In some aspects it was light years ahead lf any football game.

Something also weird to me is that Pes 2014 was lacking a lot in terms of variety of animations, and yet players moved so natural (not 100% of the time of course) on that game.

Pes 2017 should be the real evolution that Pes 2014 deserved fo have.

PES 2014's final release was different to the early demo.. A lot of animation was cut off maybe due to the lack of responsiveness.

This is possible right now on the Xbone and PS4 but because FIFA and PES have a monopoly on the market they haven't paid anyone who has the skills to implement these 3D shirts because to them it serves no profit for the investment needed.

Yea. I've also thought the same the second time I watched. If you look closely you can see it's nothing far fetched on this gen. It actually looks closer to PES, animations and graphics, than Fifa as well.

They are serious about gameplay man, trust me.

No disrespect to anyone but they still play 2016 with passion as their youtube channel shows and i havent touched it since november so i guess we have a different understanding regarding what is a decent footy gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom