PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

So from what I undrstood, First Touch gives you full control to move the recieving pass player even before the ball reachs the player and also gives you alternative to just tap while making a turn to leave ther marker behind instead of just controlling it.

If the excution of that feature really works well, it could be very helpful to deal with pressure abuse for example. It could be a game changer for me.

But something disappointing is the lack of variety when it comes to dribbling. Its very oldgen having left stick, sprint button and close controle. There should be something in between sprint and close control only.

I find close control in pes pretty bad. Once you hold down r2 button, almost all the fucking time players jut make that roll the bal move like in futsal instead of just making softs tap to keep the ball close to the feet.

We not only need the close control to be redone, but Konami should implement something like "fast first control" for dribbling when you are in One on One with your opponent.

There should be at least 4 different tempos of ball controll/dribbling: close control (r2), normal control (lef stick), fast close control for One on One situations (R2 + R1 held down at the same time) and Sprint (r1).

And on top of that,'when you are holding r2+r1 on one on one situation to dribble the opponent, by stop holding r2 (and keep holding r1), player should make that burst move we had in pes 2012/2013. If timed well, we would see players like Messi really stand out.

Thats such simple and brilliant idea (r2+R1 to simulate dribbling in One on One situations when you have space to move and burst move by just dropping R2 and keeping r1 held down). I dont know why they didint implement something like this yet, and more importsntly, I dont have any idea whey they removed the burst move on their Fox engine games and never manifested interest to bring it back.

More buzzword features and probably less work on the fundamentals of the game. Fack off. Half of that stuff is in FIFA anyway, why don't they look towards what made PES popular in the first place rather than coping their competition?

Screens from "control cards"

screens.jpg

Hard to judge from these pics, but the lighting in night matchs (at least o close up cams) looks really, really nice!

So from what I undrstood, First Touch gives you full control to move the recieving pass player even before the ball reachs the player and also gives you alternative to just tap while making a turn to leave ther marker behind instead of just controlling it.

If the excution of that feature really works well, it could be very helpful to deal with pressure abuse for example. It could be a game changer for me.

But something disappointing is the lack of variety when it comes to dribbling. Its very oldgen having left stick, sprint button and close controle. There should be something in between sprint and close control only.

I find close control in pes pretty bad. Once you hold down r2 button, almost all the fucking time players jut make that roll the bal move like in futsal instead of just making softs tap to keep the ball close to the feet.

We not only need the close control to be redone, but Konami should implement something like "fast first control" for dribbling when you are in One on One with your opponent.

There should be at least 4 different tempos of ball controll/dribbling: close control (r2), normal control (lef stick), fast close control for One on One situations (R2 + R1 held down at the same time) and Sprint (r1).

And on top of that,'when you are holding r2+r1 on one on one situation to dribble the opponent, by stop holding r2 (and keep holding r1), player should make that burst move we had in pes 2012/2013. If timed well, we would see players like Messi really stand out.

Thats such simple and brilliant idea (r2+R1 to simulate dribbling in One on One situations when you have space to move and burst move by just dropping R2 and keeping r1 held down). I dont know why they didint implement something like this yet, and more importsntly, I dont have any idea whey they removed the burst move on their Fox engine games and never manifested interest to bring it back.

I've always had this idea. Glad someone else here stated it. Fifa is much better in this regards but even they haven't nailed it yet. Just watch Carrasco from last night for the perfect example on how this should look.

Agreed with all the above. Dribbling and doing so successfully is all about change in pace, change in the players body momentum and subsequently wrong footing a player. If any football game can nail that aspect as close to real life as possible it would be immense.

Burst move by pushing buttons? No way. It shouldnt be my skills but the players. There are the stats for, acceleration and speed or implement a new stat for that. It shouldnt be oldschool Fifa or Fifa Street at all, players should be differentiate themselfs by their stats like in a PES game.

Back
Top Bottom