PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Hello mate, oh and of course hello to you too, @Bond!JamesBond! ...

So I decided to watch another full match from the demo lads. This one...

Number of times the player struck the shot first-time at goal: 12

Oh! That seems awfully high, no? Averaging about 1 per minute.

Number of times the resultant shot went on target: 8

So that is 66% of the time the strike went on target.

Number of goals as a result of first-time shots at goal: 2

25% of the time a first-time shot was struck at goal and was on target, it resulted in a goal in this match.

The final score was 2-2. 50% of the goals in this game were the result of first-time shots at goal.

Nothing but numbers there, lads.

One of those first-time shots at goal that resulted in a goal was a tap-in from six-yards. The other was just a good hit from Mane from just inside the area at an angle, with the keepers positioning contributing to the success of the strike.

In this match, it took both a tap-in and some questionable (but believable) keeper positioning in order for a first-time shot at goal to result in a goal.

It took twelve first-time shots to amass 2 goals.

That is a success rate of 16%

But first time shots are easy and overpowered?

16% success rate in that video, following the 100% success rate from the previous video that was down to it being the only time in that match where a player struck the ball first-time at goal.

1 first-time shot at goal from the first video. 1 goal as a result of a first-time shot at goal in the first video.

12 first-time shots in the second video. 2 goals as a result of first-time shots at goal in the second video.

Total number of first time shots across both videos: 13

Total number of goals as a direct result of a first-time strike at goal across both videos: 3

23% of the first-time shots struck at goal across both videos resulted in a goal being scored.

Now maybe go find out what percentage of goals in the real sport come as a direct result of the ball being struck first-time. Maybe then we'll see how accurate the game actually is, if we are all about realism. What if it proves to be around 23%? I would bet on it being much, much higher.

But do you know what is worth looking at beyond the numbers? The phases of play. I didn't go into the full context of the chances created. That is important. I haven't broken it down as to how many of those chances were from inside the box, for example, or how it would've been utter insanity for the player in question not to hit the ball first bloody time.

Total number of goals scored across both videos: 7

Total number of goals scored as a result of a first-time shot at goal: 3

42% of the goals.

Again, I wonder what percentage goals come as the direct result of a first-time strike at goal in the real sport?
:DD:DD i just love how you take the time to entertain these guys and do it in such a professional way. with proof. they can really learn a lot if they make notes .:LOL:

Yep. I'm using exactly what you and others are using when you make your wee series of claims. The difference is I break it down in full and don't cherry pick stuff and go "look at XX:YY in this video!"

Christ! Imagine trying to discuss what is being claimed about something by actually using the something as point of reference when discussing the something.

You don't like this, do you? You and some others just want to make a claim, hope it sticks and believe it shouldn't be challenged. It is so ridiculously hypocritical, as you and others are challenging what others are seeing in the first place. You can't have it all your own way if you want to discuss something on a forum that contains lots of different opinions. You should expect to be challenged on your assertions. You should actually demand it because it is differing views that drive the conversation. Not everybody needs to agree with you or simply trust you. If you or others, anyone, want to say something about a video, then expect people to actually watch the damn thing. Saying you are hardcore or whatever isn't enough to validate your views.
:APPLAUD::TU::TU:
just look at the pages guys. this thread is at page 137. the other one is still at page 27. this has to tell you something.

Honestly for the first time in my life I am considering not buying PES immediately and instead wait till after January transfer market, and only if I find it at a cheap price. The gameplay can be as good as they want but I am a Master League whore and I see they didnt add any new single league, they just updated the teams and resters to the new season. Plus I am fed up of seeing 16 years old IBRAHIMOVIC or TOTTI and such instead of proper regens. Another big problem is the lack of national teams. Why we still dont have the possibility of creating new National Teams? It is so boring to play the world cup qualifiers without ever getting the chance of playing against smaller national teams like Armenia, San Marino, Liechtenstein. I dont care about licences, but at least give us the opportunity of adding as many national teams as we want. My dream is to have PES with the database of Sensible World of Soccer. To be able to play master league with a team from San Marino and struggle to win or even just draw a match in the first preliminary round of champions league. Or even better, play BAL mode as a player of a small national team, and try to make them qualify for the first time in history to the world cup, or even just win they first official match in the qualifiers (San Marino, once again I am looking at you). I guess my dream will never come true...

Seeing as I can't get to sleep, I watched another one to count the number of "easy" first-time strikes at goal with the foot. Actually turned out a rather enjoyable watch, probably some of the nicest attacking football I have seen in these videos. Inter's first and third goals were tremendous and there was some hugely impressive goalkeeping.

Number of first-time shots at goal: 2

Number of first-time shots at goal and on target:1

Number of goals as a result of a first-time shot: 0

The shot that went on target was saved, spectacularly. An absolutely amazing save.

The shot that wasn't on target hit the post and went out for a goal-kick, but it was a stunning little set-up for the strike and you want those ones to go in. But it didn't.

Oh, and look at how the ball moves on the third goal.

Last edited:
They won't have full rosters then,I guess.
Remember last year I had 32 players on my Milan squad,had at least 5-6 out on loan,but they were not mine,since it could hold more than 32

Welp. There goes immersion out of the window then. Can't wait to have players like Tammy Abraham scoring against me when I play against Swansea because of the bullshit 30 players limit. That's the worst thing in Master League. I wish I could have FIFA's career mode and PES's gameplay.

Another one, folks...

Number of shots struck first-time with the foot: 1

Number of shots struck first-time that were on target: 0

Number of goals scored as a result of a shot struck first-time: 0

16 first-time shots in total across 4 matches. 12 of them were in one match.

3 goals scored over 4 matches as a result of a first-time shot. 19% success rate.

14 goals scored across the 4 matches. 3 of those goals were the result of a first-time shot at goal with the foot.

21% of the goals scored across the 4 matches I have posted have come as the result of a first-time shot at goal. That is just over 1/5

not a story bro, it's reality. I don't play or want FIFA because of it's game speed and defensive flaws. I just want PES to have quality Japanese development they are known for.

players still look stiff for a 2017 game. Animations in today's games are amazing compared to this. I think it's the game engine, because MG5 has robotic movement too.
i agree its the game engine, i remember mgs5 having no fluid animations

To that in bold:

About twenty minutes ago.

5:10 in this video. The video I have already posted...

Or was that row w and therefore not high enough?

I mean, ffs! Do you dudes stop watching as soon as you see something you don't like in the first few seconds?

The claim that shots never go horribly over: DEBUNKED

Oh, and there clearly is a debate.

EDIT: I appreciate my example is in isolation but a question was asked and I answered it ;)
shots most of the time go on target, its too easy to hit the target meaning shot mechanism will always let u hit the target, shots, maybe its the camera or whatever but u never feel that a shot is gonna go to row z , this is something i noticed since playing pes 2016 after years and years of pes 5 and 6, for me from what i can see the difference are a bit better animations and graphics , it looks and feels like pes 2017.5 sorry but its very obvious they build upon pes 2017.
btw did they change the color of the pitch to less green or what? and why did thry change i liked it better in previous vids

Another one, folks...

Number of shots struck first-time with the foot: 1

Number of shots struck first-time that were on target: 0

Number of goals scored as a result of a shot struck first-time: 0

16 first-time shots in total across 4 matches. 12 of them were in one match.

3 goals scored over 4 matches as a result of a first-time shot. 19% success rate.

14 goals scored across the 4 matches. 3 of those goals were the result of a first-time shot at goal with the foot.

21% of the goals scored across the 4 matches I have posted have come as the result of a first-time shot at goal. That is just over 1/5

Seeing as you've nothing better to do, why don't you go back and rewatch all those videos and break down the total number of perfect passes and floaty keeper animations?

The over analysing- crap is really boring.

1) Wait for the demo. Test it. If you like it buy the game. If not, don't buy it.
2) Don't download the demo based on videos of the game you have seen that doesn't seem to meet the criteria you have for the game.

Simple as. Genius right?

While on the subject,the last video posted here were between two players having PA3 while playing,for all of us who play manual know how much that effects the game,including shooting vs PA3, or even PA1
Last nights ML game for me vs Chievo (as Milan) I had 24 shots,9 on goal!
For those not convinced,I really don't care,all I know is how my game/gaming works,and I'm looking fw to 18 a hell of a lot.

We're all entitled to our own opinions,but those saying "it looks and plays exactly like 17" for real?

Yep. I'm using exactly what you and others are using when you make your wee series of claims. The difference is I break it down in full and don't cherry pick stuff and go "look at XX:YY in this video!"

Christ! Imagine trying to discuss what is being claimed about something by actually using the something as point of reference when discussing the something.

You don't like this, do you? You and some others just want to make a claim, hope it sticks and believe it shouldn't be challenged. It is so ridiculously hypocritical, as you and others are challenging what others are seeing in the first place. You can't have it all your own way if you want to discuss something on a forum that contains lots of different opinions. You should expect to be challenged on your assertions. You should actually demand it because it is differing views that drive the conversation. Not everybody needs to agree with you or simply trust you. If you or others, anyone, want to say something about a video, then expect people to actually watch the damn thing. Saying you are hardcore or whatever isn't enough to validate your views.

I mean ..huh? :)
Dont you over react all this a bit? I just made a joke on everyone who told not to judge based on vids to the people who have negative view points too. Two edged sword i think.

The over analysing- crap is really boring.

Yep. So incredibly tedious and boring. Thing is, this over analysing crap that is tedious and boring isn't really holding up a claim made by Mr Bond now, is it?

Yes. Far, far easier just to make random claims and not back them up.

shots most of the time go on target, its too easy to hit the target meaning shot mechanism will always let u hit the target, shots, maybe its the camera or whatever but u never feel that a shot is gonna go to row z , this is something i noticed since playing pes 2016 after years and years of pes 5 and 6, for me from what i can see the difference are a bit better animations and graphics , it looks and feels like pes 2017.5 sorry but its very obvious they build upon pes 2017.
btw did they change the color of the pitch to less green or what? and why did thry change i liked it better in previous vids

Nope, sorry, not having this. You are trying to change the debate here. You are not fooling anyone here. The claims made recently have been that first-time shots are easy (analysis currently not holding that up) and that shots never go wildly over which has been debunked.

What you are trying to do is change that to shots go on target most of the time and... I honestly don't know. I think you are saying shots going over don't look pretty enough.

And now you are claiming they have changed the colour of the grass. Good grief.

Seeing as you've nothing better to do, why don't you go back and rewatch all those videos and break down the total number of perfect passes and floaty keeper animations?

No. Why don't you go and do it seeing as you are the one making these claims? You won't, because like I have already said it is far easier to make the claim and do nothing in order to back it up. Instead, you and your likes will just make it, scream "HARDCORE", mumble something about PES 5 or 6 and think it is acceptable enough "feedback"

I mean ..huh? :)
Dont you over react all this a bit? I just made a joke on everyone who told not to judge based on vids to the people who have negative view points too. Two edged sword i think.

Don't try the classic tactic of making a claim then when challenged on it start to backtrack or infer you weren't being serious or that others are taking it too serious.

If you were being tongue in cheek then fair enough.

People just lose their shit when PES is involved don't they? Both sides.

Can't wait to play the demo, sick of not being able to play a football game since the beta. Also got 2 weeks off over release. Dream.

i love how me an my colleague nominate each other at work each year at the same time to get a £50 voucher for amazon, just so happens its when PES and FIFA are due out ££

We meet again, Mr. Bond...
One. The one Mr. Bond pointed out
Hello mate, oh and of course hello to you too, Bond
Thing is, this over analysing crap that is tedious and boring isn't really holding up a claim made by Mr Bond now, is it?

Jesus Christ, just ask him out already will you? You kids today and your flirting by aggressively analysing computer game videos. You're just weird.

Seriously, though - you've made your point, so let's stop trying to ridicule someone. Too close to trolling, and two wrongs don't make a right.

tumblr_lmputme3co1qa6q7k_large.png

These first time shots you analysed - was it on manual shooting?

I think the point here is it's too easy to strike the ball first time in all situations. PES 2017 allowed me to hit rockets in the direction of the goal very easily. They weren't all on target but they were cleanly hit and travelled well. It is not contextual though. In older games, shots got scuffed, sliced, bobbled, hooked, ballooned etc IN RELATION TO STANCE, ANGLE, STATS. In 2017 (maybe 2018) the shots did not reflect the user input and pitch environment well enough.

Good work Curd. I get that most people can't be arsed going through videos and writing down every time that something specific happens, but it only really takes one person to put the effort in for us to see whether or not a forum truism actually holds up to scrutiny. I did it with first touch error for a video and proved that it wasn't non-existent, but that it was being used at the right time to varying extents. It could have been dialled up in some cases but it was pretty evident.

I really like this one.
bad crowd chants and the poor pitch textures are immersion killers for me....

seems like konami focus on just gameplay again this year which is ok but I need more from my game thee days

anyway still looking forward

Back
Top Bottom