PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

papinho81

Premiership
22 March 2017
Chaumont Switzerland
Olympique de Marseille
After not being able to complete a single full game (tried ML and BAL) on 21 because it instantly reminded me how much I hated 20, I noticed I still had this one installed. It immediately felt better. Players situational awareness is MUCH better, teams formations are much more compressed and looks way more like actual football. Dribbling is incredibly good and fun. There is fouls and proper fouls detections by the refs. I only wish the cpu was more dirty, giving more bad passes and bad touches which would probably lead to more midfield play and less end to end galore this game can be. Also if the cpu could play less over the top through balls that would be great.
Anyway, a much much better game than 20 or 21.

rockstrongo

World Cup Winner
25 August 2006
Sweden
Hammarby
After not being able to complete a single full game (tried ML and BAL) on 21 because it instantly reminded me how much I hated 20, I noticed I still had this one installed. It immediately felt better. Players situational awareness is MUCH better, teams formations are much more compressed and looks way more like actual football. Dribbling is incredibly good and fun. There is fouls and proper fouls detections by the refs. I only wish the cpu was more dirty, giving more bad passes and bad touches which would probably lead to more midfield play and less end to end galore this game can be. Also if the cpu could play less over the top through balls that would be great.
Its a pretty solid game Pap,though coming from the very physical 17,it got little attention from me then.
But returned to it a lot during Pes 19, and I really liked it,just the fact the ai (like on 17) pulls off dribbles,long rangers etc is pretty damn good.
Just give tactics an overhaul ,compress the line ups etc and you have a really good game!

slamsoze

International
28 September 2010
I had spare time for only 2~3 matches last night, so after reading your post i fired up my PES 2018 ML.
I was ready sto continue my 2020 ML save, before read your post.

I am in my third season, around March 2020-ingame date, had been relagated to EL knock out after a 3rd place in CL groups. Checked my manager history and i have won pretty much nothing in my 3 seasons ML carreer.

Played a tough league match VS BvB , 3-3 draw and an "easy" EL knockout vs Schalke, had win 2-1 from first leg, smashed them 1-4 away, although they had me 1-0 for 60 minutes and on the ropes. With 1-0 they would qualify on aggre. difference.

Differences i noticed emphatically in comparison to 2020 that i play the last months, in my game VS Schalke the players that came in as sub, felt that did the difference . Although the STAMINA is a little bit broken in 2018 and fatigue does not seem to have the same effect at general, players that came in felt all fresh and pacey and could outspeed the tired players of Schalke, while in 2020 even a fresh sub player, sometimes feels like he is exhausted with full stamina.

The most important part i noticed, and i tried to monitor it a lot, as it is a topic of discussion the recent days in both games FIFA and PES 2021, as physicality is not the strongest mpoint of 2018 and not a good option to defend, i tend to take the cursor player to cover the passing lanes, while i let the CPU controlled teamate to track the opponenet ball carrier, and in the timing i judge is good, i change cursor and intercept.

What i want to point is, in 2020 (dont know for 2021) it is impossible to defend like this, as your COM teamates are almost just watching the action and especially when your cursor controlled player is far from the ball, they just stand like plants. In short words it is impossible to almost suicide, to try defend that way as you have zero covering supports from your lads in 2020.

The dribbling, ball control, L-stick movement, with our without sprinting, is always 10/10 in this game, so i will not repeat on this. The one touch laser-passing, backheels evolution is also always a bad thing. Player being hyper responsive in comparison to 2020 and trying some lighst speed backheel passing. produces a lot "Ninja" animations.! :) But pros and cons of 2018 are already known and a finished article.

If they could only invest in the player movement of this game, it would be a true revolution in PES gaming!

Last edited:

Flipper the Priest

Harder.Better.Faster.Stromer.
15 July 2003
Scotland
PS3 updating question here.

So I can update to the latest version (1.08) but no data packs as the servers are down. Standard.

But I've found the DPs here: https://controlc.com/7ed59d4e

Question is, do I now need to install all of them, in order? I have further issues but I don't want to bog the thread down - maybe best to PM me!

Edit: hmm, could be a busted flush if so as the link for DP1 is dead. Still, any help welcome!

Last edited:

slamsoze

International
28 September 2010
PS3 updating question here.

So I can update to the latest version (1.08) but no data packs as the servers are down. Standard.

But I've found the DPs here: https://controlc.com/7ed59d4e

Question is, do I now need to install all of them, in order? I have further issues but I don't want to bog the thread down - maybe best to PM me!

Edit: hmm, could be a busted flush if so as the link for DP1 is dead. Still, any help welcome!
When you install with internet connection, does n't the game install the DPs automatically, as it is supposed in PS4?

Flipper the Priest

Harder.Better.Faster.Stromer.
15 July 2003
Scotland
When you install with internet connection, does n't the game install the DPs automatically, as it is supposed in PS4?
Ohhhh yeah, I forgot to provide an update. This happened:

20201113_203936.jpg

Downloading the 1.08 (or 1.05.02, as it appears) update was fine. Happened automatically. But I couldn't access the data packs.

Started to install them one by one, manually. DP1 worked. DP2 worked. DP3 worked. DP4 didn't. I think the accompanying .BIN file (?) was at fault. But fortunately that unofficial 4.01 did work. Not sure what the difference is but it allowed me to install an option file!

slamsoze

International
28 September 2010
So, if would to play PES 2018 on PS4 (in 2021), it will automatically install the last DPs ?
I have not tried, but according to what everybody has confessed until now, installing PES 2018 ON PS4 with internet switched on, installs with all DataPacks. You just can't apply Live Update..

Reactions: H_G
Top Bottom