PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

All very recognizable. As for what I hate, currently it's everything about the game. Can't stand another second of it. It's just scripting and nothing else. All the good things that were in the game ; fouls, stamina having an effect, stats mattering, you name it have all been gradually removed. Its just pes 18 basically now and that for me is bad news. And this is on pc, fully modded. So I've Uninstalled after 215 hours of play. Such a shame as there was potential. More power to those that enjoy it but I have hard time understanding what's enjoyable about it at the moment.
agree totally

Does it have to be SS, tho? Im on Profesional and still finding it challenging. I know Prof is too easy for some people here but so far Im finding it nicely ballanced and enjoyable with manual passing.
@Rodchenko
1) could be your Swarm The Box tactics. That will leave edge of penalty are exposed and most of the balls will go to AI. Id leave deep defensive line and got rid of swarm the box to test it.
2) not sure to be honest. I never noticed every collision being called if favour to AI.
Altho... check my hate list... could be that. ;)
4/5) on manual, my passes are so... unpredictable, that most of the time when my player doesnt go to the ball, Im blaming my passing. With PA1 ball has a specific path and player has a specific path. If you want to adjust it, super cancel is your only option, whether you like it or not unfortunately. On the bright side, its not as uncomfortable and awkward as it seems. I hated this whole concept at the start, but game forced me to practice and now its jist another control.
6) com has precise tackles, that is true. Not as precise as in Fifa but still. Try to turn away from them when you see them charging at you. Even if you are receiving the pass, your first move should be turning around from AI to shield the ball. This will either get you a foul or this necessary split second to decide what you want to do next
7) i love this bit personally. Adds a lot of realism. I dont want them to get up straight away. I want them all to Neymar on the ground! I want them all to suffer! :LOL:
8) agree
9) agree. Player switching is not as smooth as it should be.
10) i dont think AI is more overpowered than us to block the shots. Im blocking a lot myself. Im playing on -1 speed tho, so all my animations are a tad bit slower.

As for my hate moment, hmm..
There was a lot of them, but recently I dont get much of hate. Dont know if I learned how to counter them or they are polishing it.

What pisses me off, currently is
1) player switching/awarness on manual. There are times that none of my players is interested to go towards the ball and I have to switch manually and chase it myself. But like I said before - manual gives much more than it takes, so I can live with that.
2) still too perfect passing from AI. I can deal with a lot of them and AI does have missplaced passes, but lower teams should have more of them.
3) no penalties. Havent had one since ever on Pes19
4) crossing, like I said, feels dodgy on manual. But Im getting there thanks to all the tips here. Bit of R2 for higher cross was helping a lot yesterday
5) sometimes referee whistles opposite to what he should be. Just because AI was receiving the pass its a foul for AI, even tho on a replay you can see that they charged and battered me like some fucking SWAT team and I was just standing there.
It works both ways tho. Sometimes I kill them and its a foul for me.
am sorry mate but professional is too easy for me, by the end of the game i would be 2-0 or 3-0 up sometimes..with over 75 % possession

no even on manual those things are present, it is so annoying and im not enjoying the game because of these issues. i have tried to change the formation settings and advanced stuff, but still, on SS, it s unplayable.. the unresponsiveness of your player movement is a major issue to me, it takes ages to make a pass or turn to give a pass to another player, animations take way too long, and CPU is just too responsive when they make an attack.. and they slide tackle all the time without any mistake or misplace tackle..

What mode are you playing? In my experience it's tough in ML in the first half of the first season. It feels sluggish and scripted. But once your TS goes up and your players develop this goes away rather quickly and they become more reactive game by game. I am through the first half of the second season now with my United and I have a monster squad (in addition to most of the default United players Malcom, Kroos, Dembele, Vidal, Hummels, Casemiro, James, Odriozola, Lucas Hernandes) and they are literally unstoppable even on SS. I have a record of 17-2-0. Now Bonucci will join, looking forward to it because the next goal is to concede even less - well - goals.

You just need to hang in there.

Nothing special,but Still!
Koulibaly and His poor touch and I'm off to the races,what you can outsprint the CPU?

And Papu Gomez waiting on koulibaly and just destroys him

I love it!

Cause of moments like these I can enjoy this game a lot.

At 0:14 how the ball control goes wrong and gets too far, how your player catches it, gets it under control, sprints away and gets it into the net with his inner foot!
Animations are top notch...looks so lifelike!

And at 0:45...that´s what I do either a lot...double-tap R2, isn´t it?

At the moment I really do enjoy this game and started a new league with PSG now.
Verrati and Rabiot are CM beasts! They start to become one of my favourite players and even I never was that big fan of Neymar, it starts to become more and more fun to play with him!

I love it!

Cause of moments like these I can enjoy this game a lot.

At 0:14 how the ball control goes wrong and gets too far, how your player catches it, gets it under control, sprints away and gets it into the net with his inner foot!
Animations are top notch...looks so lifelike!

And at 0:45...that´s what I do either a lot...double-tap R2, isn´t it?

At the moment I really do enjoy this game and started a new league with PSG now.
Verrati and Rabiot are CM beasts! They start to become one of my favourite players and even I never was that big fan of Neymar, it starts to become more and more fun to play with him!
It's truly a great game, animation and how it surprises me during games are fantastic.

That's one thing about this,you get attached to your players ,knowing strengths and weaknesses.

I should really do a ML in France,both div fully licensed etc.
Plus some great teams there as well.
PSG could be a contender in this year's CL,decent squad:)
Did you play this when (at least to me) it was bad?
I gave up,so that's why I'm so surprised now.
Tried a few games on PES 17-18 earlier and also some Fifa 19 (Jesus...) differences are pretty big

Just outta curiosity, has one ever got a clean sheet on superstar?? I mean, I think I have lol, but very very rarely. I honestly cannot remember the last time i did. I think I haven't had one clean sheet in about 100 games on SS.. so either im just really bad at defence (the one on one stuff) or I simply have no clue on tactics. Ive tried everything.. wing back, and swarm the box in advanced settings, individual man marking the entire team.. having my attacking wingers come back and mark their attacking wingers, the down d-pad all the way to bottom blue for entire game, constantly using left d-pad to set my backline deep towards the keeper, setting 5 at the back with 2 dms.. Tonight I got a little crazy (and i wasnt even on the juice), where as soon as the cpu scored, I restarted the game. I got to the point where I had around 10 games, and the cpu almost always scored first.. or immediately after I scored. Had to reset the mind, and turn off the ps4....Im just cooling off now (deep breaths..deep breaths hhahah).

Just outta curiosity, has one ever got a clean sheet on superstar?? I mean, I think I have lol, but very very rarely. I honestly cannot remember the last time i did. I think I haven't had one clean sheet in about 100 games on SS.. so either im just really bad at defence (the one on one stuff) or I simply have no clue on tactics. Ive tried everything.. wing back, and swarm the box in advanced settings, individual man marking the entire team.. having my attacking wingers come back and mark their attacking wingers, the down d-pad all the way to bottom blue for entire game, constantly using left d-pad to set my backline deep towards the keeper, setting 5 at the back with 2 dms.. Tonight I got a little crazy (and i wasnt even on the juice), where as soon as the cpu scored, I restarted the game. I got to the point where I had around 10 games, and the cpu almost always scored first.. or immediately after I scored. Had to reset the mind, and turn off the ps4....Im just cooling off now (deep breaths..deep breaths hhahah).
I had a 1-0 win my third or fourth game,but I've been leaking like an old tug boat since.
But the difference for me on SS Vs TP is that I don't feel cheated

It's truly a great game, animation and how it surprises me during games are fantastic.

That's one thing about this,you get attached to your players ,knowing strengths and weaknesses.

I should really do a ML in France,both div fully licensed etc.
Plus some great teams there as well.
PSG could be a contender in this year's CL,decent squad:)
Did you play this when (at least to me) it was bad?
I gave up,so that's why I'm so surprised now.
Tried a few games on PES 17-18 earlier and also some Fifa 19 (Jesus...) differences are pretty big

Yes, I did.
But with the gameplay mod from inca, which made it a lot more playable.
Then I took a break and played other games.

After DP 4.0 I came back and couldn´t go on with my ML, as the OF´s don´t work anymore.
Also, I guess the gameplay file has been overwritten by the update and it´s KONAMI´s vanilla again, so I´m not using the gameplay mod and I didn´t feel the need yet to install it again.
That´s why I started a league.
But somehow...it feels that there have been made gameplay adjustments.
It feels a bit more free...it feels a bit different than before...it could be only me, but I´ve read on here that many others experience the same.

Yes, I did.
But with the gameplay mod from inca, which made it a lot more playable.
Then I took a break and played other games.

After DP 4.0 I came back and couldn´t go on with my ML, as the OF´s don´t work anymore.
Also, I guess the gameplay file has been overwritten by the update and it´s KONAMI´s vanilla again, so I´m not using the gameplay mod and I didn´t feel the need yet to install it again.
That´s why I started a league.
But somehow...it feels that there have been made gameplay adjustments.
It feels a bit more free...it feels a bit different than before...it could be only me, but I´ve read on here that many others experience the same.
I'd say it's a huge difference,I couldn't stand playing this game before the last patch.
Now I'm really loving it.
Going from other game Vs this,it's really a challenge ,which I like.
Hope they don't screw it up with patch:)

Haha, I know that feeling. In the first season there were a lot of matches I replayed with different tactics. Learnt a lot from it though there was one or the other among them which felt impossible to beat, like a boss fight. Usually it‘s a mission game. I am very proud that I was able to beat the second season opener (a mission game) against Southampton without having to replay it.

As for clean sheets: I managed one or the other 1-0 and one freak result where I won 5-0 away. Most games, though, I get at least one. It often feels a bit orchestrated.

Question.
Is anyone in here having ML going in few countries?
Is there a noticable difference between leagues?
I dont mean Premier League and Brazilian league. Im thinking Premier League and Serie A, or La Liga.
Im also not talking about atmosphere or stadiums, just gameplay wise.

Question.
Is anyone in here having ML going in few countries?
Is there a noticable difference between leagues?
I dont mean Premier League and Brazilian league. Im thinking Premier League and Serie A, or La Liga.
Im also not talking about atmosphere or stadiums, just gameplay wise.

I am playing EPL (Manchester United) and Serie A (Inter). I think it‘s the same, though in terms of pace it fits more to the latter, imo

I am playing EPL (Manchester United) and Serie A (Inter). I think it‘s the same, though in terms of pace it fits more to the latter, imo
Im considering starting another one on the side on SS.

Not a big fan of French league.
Cant find a cool team to start in La Liga.

I was considering Serie A, but no D2 is very annoying. Besides, cant decide on a team.
I spent many seasons with Parma last year so Id rather pick someone else.
I was thinking Fiorentina, but they look like they were playing in fucking pijamas this year. Their kits are just horrible.
Roma has gorgeous kits, but bit too big team for my liking.

Then I was thinking Bundesliga, but custom made league might have some unforseen head wrecking features.

There is also Crystal Palace, which is tempting, but that would mean staying in EPL.

Decisions decisions... :LOL:

Dear Slim, I wrote you but you still ain't callin
Dear @Emroth I finally got to try PES with the new update. I mean I got to do some actual playing time.
And I don't know if it was indeed the official patch, or Inca's latest gameplay mod, or the combination of both but it felt very good. Played 3 games and it felt tighter in terms of space, but I could do some new stuff like fooling defenders, wrong-footing them.

For example, there was this one situation (which I now regret not recording) in which I passed the ball on to Sané, a defender (AI) approached him, Sané was just jogging sideways with the ball near the sideline, not even running, I led him on to believe I was going to start running down that side, but I stopped moving - you know, when you actually put your foot on top of the ball - (by holding L1+R1 I think) and he slid trying to intercept my path in the direction I was indeed making it seem like I was going to go that way and start sprinting full speed, but I was of course deceiving him. So that left me with a clear path to run to.
I have never seen that happening before patch.

So, fingers crossed, let's hope this lasts.

Last edited:
I was considering Serie A, but no D2 is very annoying. Besides, cant decide on a team.
I spent many seasons with Parma last year so Id rather pick someone else.
I was thinking Fiorentina, but they look like they were playing in fucking pijamas this year. Their kits are just horrible.
Roma has gorgeous kits, but bit too big team for my liking.

Then I was thinking Bundesliga, but custom made league might have some unforseen head wrecking features.

There is also Crystal Palace, which is tempting, but that would mean staying in EPL.

Decisions decisions... :LOL:

I started a third one with Newcastle, I like their jerseys, they‘re satisfyingly crappy and on the PC you can even play at St. James Park (I believe a FIFA conversion), bought Koulibaly (yeah, right) but then I wasn‘t really up to another tedious first season. Rather pwn everyone with United and continue to slowly get to know my Inter squad.

Bundesliga, which is my home league, never tickled much of my fancy in PES. There is also something weird going on with the Pesuniverse Patch, in that you have four generic teams in there.

Dear Slim, I wrote you but you still ain't callin
Dear @Emroth I finally got to try PES with the new update. I mean I got to do some actual playing time.
And I don't know if it was indeed the official patch, or Inca's latest gameplay mod, or the combination of both but it feel very good. Played 3 games and it felt tighter in terms of space, but I could do some new stuff like fooling defenders, wrong-footing them.

For example, there was this one situation (which I now regret not recording) in which I passed the ball on to Sané, a defender (AI) approached him, Sané was just jogging sideways with the ball near the sideline, not even running, I lead him on to believe I was going to go start running down that side, but I stopped moving - you know, when you actually put your foot on top of the ball - (by holding L1+R1 I think) and he slid trying to intercept my path in the direction I was indeed making it seem like I was going to go that way and start sprinting full speed, but I was of course deceiving him. So that left me with a clear path to run to.
I have never seen that happening before patch.

So, fingers crossed, let's hope this lasts.
D̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶C̶h̶u̶n̶y̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶d̶?̶ ̶T̶r̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶s̶t̶a̶n̶d̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶K̶o̶n̶a̶m̶i̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶
Glad you are enjoying it, @Chuny . ;)
Did you notice any difference in pace?
Players are definetely more responsive and make sharper turns, but I also noticed fast players outpacing others quite clearly.
Helder Costa on my left wing was... meh, so so, until last patch. Now he is one of my main weapons. His left wing charges or cutting into the middle are very powerful.
When I send long ball into space I also see my fast forwards getting to the ball quicker than defenders... well, I did anyway, until they all got injured. :LOL:

Last edited:
Bundesliga, which is my home league, never tickled much of my fancy in PES. There is also something weird going on with the Pesuniverse Patch, in that you have four generic teams in there.
Oh yeah, you have to adjust this yourself.
If you go to edit mode and Competition Structure (i think), you have to Draw Bundesliga size from 20 to 18 teams.
Then you have to swap two generic teams (which will be left out of 4, after adjusting size) for Schalke and Bayer (which are in other european teams.
I only did it yesterday.

Oh yeah, you have to adjust this yourself.
If you go to edit mode and Competition Structure (i think), you have to Draw Bundesliga size from 20 to 18 teams.
Then you have to swap two generic teams (which will be left out of 4, after adjusting size) for Schalke and Bayer (which are in other european teams.
I only did it yesterday.

Makes sense, but how do you swap them?

Makes sense, but how do you swap them?
When you're in there, you can switch between the leagues with R1/L1 (i think). You just select one of them (teams I mean), flick the league and substitute with the other (same like you were making player substitution in a match)

Edit. There are two competitions edit menus. You will know when you are in the right one. You will be able to see all the teams in all the leagues, when you click Europe for example. I cant remember exactly which one is it. If you cant figure it out ill check it later on tonight and send you PM)

You guys were killing me with your Stan-lines :APPLAUD::LMAO:

giphy.gif

When you're in there, you can switch between the leagues with R1/L1 (i think). You just select one of them (teams I mean), flick the league and substitute with the other (same like you were making player substitution in a match)

Edit. There are two competitions edit menus. You will know when you are in the right one. You will be able to see all the teams in all the leagues, when you click Europe for example. I cant remember exactly which one is it. If you cant figure it out ill check it later on tonight and send you PM)

Thanks, figured it out. Does it matter which team you swap with which?

No, well... at the end you should have 18 german teams in Bundesliga... :LOL: ;)
But it doesnt matter which ones will be swapped.

Ps. Just dont forget to save it at the end before you exit edit mode.

hey guys,
its my first try putting some real commentary audio into my video files. its just a test so far... i hope you like it. if yes, there will be more! :D if you dont like it, i'll try some more too! :P
ps: and yes, its not an international goal, and yes its not perfect, but its hard to find audio that fits my gameplay! ;)
...and i have to start somewhere! :)

Glad you guys are enjoying it. IF I may can anyone explain to me what exactly it is that you like? Serious question, not being sarcastic. I can summarize the game for me currently by the ball being a magnet and everything is set up for you to failto almost hilarious extent. Stats do no matter, no team or player individuality, fouls get called for CPU but not the player, horrible on rails feeling, every second ball is for CPU, your players deliberately taking a hilariously long windup to shoot just to ensure you will miss... I could go on for days. it WAS very good but after all the patching....I can't even get through ONE single game anymore without rage-quitting hence me uninstalling it.

I don't see myself re-installing it anytime soon. Even incas great gameplay patch was not having any effect anymore. EVERYTHING in this damn game is governed by scripting. Again just my own experience but the game has deteriorated so much that I am genuinely wondering how one gets any enjoyment whatsoever from this.

edit: I should specify I'm on superstar. Professional is just too hollow and easy in my view.AI is toothless.

Well, the game is hard as f#@k on SS level, but since I discovered that we actually have something to say on each match, it´s the level I most enjoy, because it´s were I´m forced to think on what I´ll do next, I´m forced to get back and restart my attack over and over again, or else I´ll loose the ball and I know what happens next. Really hard, and probably I won´t finish the season above 15th, but I don´t think I can go lower than this level now.

me again,
couldnt stop creating another video! and its not perfect either... but... it adds so much! :BOP:
i know... its Griffiths not Edwards... but who cares, when i'm happy! NOT ME! :D

...will be a long day at work tmw, so ill copy some more videos from ps4 to my usb drive and take them with me for futher editing... ;)
cheers!

Last edited:
Glad you guys are enjoying it. IF I may can anyone explain to me what exactly it is that you like? Serious question, not being sarcastic. I can summarize the game for me currently by the ball being a magnet and everything is set up for you to failto almost hilarious extent. Stats do no matter, no team or player individuality, fouls get called for CPU but not the player, horrible on rails feeling, every second ball is for CPU, your players deliberately taking a hilariously long windup to shoot just to ensure you will miss... I could go on for days. it WAS very good but after all the patching....I can't even get through ONE single game anymore without rage-quitting hence me uninstalling it.

I don't see myself re-installing it anytime soon. Even incas great gameplay patch was not having any effect anymore. EVERYTHING in this damn game is governed by scripting. Again just my own experience but the game has deteriorated so much that I am genuinely wondering how one gets any enjoyment whatsoever from this.

edit: I should specify I'm on superstar. Professional is just too hollow and easy in my view.AI is toothless.

Three months or so ago, I was in the same spot. Ready to uninstall it. Then I watched a few of TTBs videos and his game seemed so different from my experience. I said to myself: this can't be, I must be doing something wrong! That's when I decided to go knee-deep into the whole tactics stuff, something which I have been ignoring in every PES so far out of laziness and because I thought ML was essentially like FIFA's Career Mode: just pick a strong team and don't worry about the rest.

The other thing I liked about TTBs approach: he doesn't complain about scripting. He sees the AIs limitations and accepts them as a challenge and tries to figure out ways to combat it using the game's mechanisms.

So over time I discovered (with the help of the guys here) things like "Players Joining Attack", "Support Range", "Hug the Touchline" etc., all of which I had never bothered with but which can make a huge difference nonetheless. I also started to study my players closely and generally follow the program's suggestion to improve weak spots in my teams. I studied their skills and stats and placed them accordingly on the pitch. That alone is a quite fun part of the game.

I also patched the game (PC) like a maniac. Literally tried out every incas dt. Now I decided to stick with Mixed_Bravo, playing on EvoSwitcher speed 2 bars, 20 minutes, SS. It's simply the best football gaming experience I ever had. Yes, there is rage-worthy stuff (as you saw in my 10-points list) but the satisfaction far outreaches the frustrations for me.

You should give it another try. Early stages ML is tough as a nail. Just try to replay matches that you feel cheated in with different tactis, that's what I did (I know @Emroth wouldn't approve) and I learned a lot. Sooner or later the point will come where you feel more confident and then you can even take the AIs biggest bullshit.

I am hitting winter transfer period now. Looking forward to scout the market for some quality players.

Back
Top Bottom