PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

As much as I really wanted proper menus in Pes, it was up to a point, where gameplay didnt need crazy amount of attention..

Now Im starting to be afraid that if people keep shouting for menus, they will indeed focus on menus, leaving the rest as it is - in bits...

So as much as new menus are badly needed - at this point, after such a clusterfuck of an edition - gameplay is an absolute priority to me..
Gameplay is always priority. But by PES 2020 we should at least get in-game menus that don’t look like they’re from a retro video game.

I’m worried that PES 2020 will be more of the same. I’ve played a lot of FIFA since the weekend and it shows how stiff PES is in comparison. I’m FIFA 19 I’m still noticing new things all the time, little touches, new animations that I’ve not seen before...with PES 2019 you see it all in three or four matches. It’s archaic, Everything feels like it moves in straight lines.

It’s not a bad game. I actually quite like it. It’s just damn boring!

They've changed "manual" power gauge to orange instead of yellow.
"Advanced" remains the same yellow gauge.
Not a significant change but makes sense, since "advanced" and "manual" are totally two different kinds of pass/shot types.

Last edited:
Played a few minutes of a match to try out the latest update. I was gonna write up a description but realise I can't be bothered. Suffice to say those few minutes were more than enough to confirm that this game is still utter garbage.

Since i am far way from home until next Friday, you guys here will be my reviewers as i cant play :(

Until then i want ask some feedback from editing perspective, if someone can check after the midday live update :

1) I read that 2 CSL relegated clubs reverted to fake clubs and moved to others asian. Their original players, the most noticeable they used to have, have they been moved to free agents or are the deletes from database?
2)The CSL updated rostered are up to date as of this week/month, or KONAMIstyle update cause it says updated to 2019 rosters
3)The Brazil league clubs are updated/messed or untouched?
4)Dont ask abou Thai League i informed it is still Available Exhibition only.

I read on twitter that there are no gameplay changes? So it's really just the kits and faces.
What a letdown. So 4 more months with that broken long range shooting (especially on manual).

I read on twitter that there are no gameplay changes? So it's really just the kits and faces.
What a letdown. So 4 more months with that broken long range shooting (especially on manual).

If this is the case then it is absolutely clear that they have no interest in offline gaming anymore.

If this is the case then it is absolutely clear that they have no interest in offline gaming anymore.

Do you still need some proof that offline is not their priority anymore?

I usually watch some people streaming Pes and they said Konami asked feedback about the game. Guess what they asked specifically? They asked them to give feedback about Myclub.

Pes development priority list is
1) Myclub
2) e-sports (Pesleague)
then everything else with offline gameplay and modes at the bottom of the list.

Sorry guys, fan page I was reffering to was right about amount of faces, Thai league update, but they were wrong about gameplay patch.
Sorry for getting your hopes up.

RIP offline Game = RIP PRO EVO for me !

they dont deliver a gameplay patch... absolutly idiots...

giphy.gif

I'm done with the game, too. But I have to say, idiotic as Konami behaves, I am the biggest idiot. Because I bought the game again on the first day, although I knew that it was not finished and that it was bad.

I'm trying to trade the game for another game today. Nobody wants to buy this thing anymore.

I'm done with the game, too. But I have to say, idiotic as Konami behaves, I am the biggest idiot. Because I bought the game again on the first day, although I knew that it was not finished and that it was bad.
And (speaking for myself, and possibly the majority of us here) so it shall be, forever and ever, because we love football games and we just can't help ourselves.

The cycle never ends and there's no way of stopping it. I'm at peace with that now, after many, many years of this happening every year!

I know. ;) And sorry for beeing off topic.

But give 2017 a try, people!! :!
At least try the demo!

And I’m gone... :SMOKIN:

ps: did not try the latest 2019 patch yet.

But keep on getting that train in motion! :D

I usually buy PES by default every year but for the first time ever I'm gonna wait a couple of months this time. And something radical have had to change for me to consider it even then.

They are not making it a secret that MyClub and the arcade- like football that follow that mode is what they want to produce. It won't matter ONE BIT how much a "minority/elitists" whine, they won't listen.

It's so sad that what once was a innovative brand, something unique, now only is just another company, totally soulless.

Up yours Konami.

We say things like that every year and we cave in.

It's funny (not ha-ha funny) - as soon as the demo hits, either:

A) It's good, so we all buy the game (and usually discover it's faster/dumbed-down)
B) It's bad, but we're told it's old code and the final version is better, so we all buy the game

So the demo can't fail - and we all buy the game!

I never say that, I always buy it regardless since it's, well, PES and I know I will find some good stuff there. But this time it will have to wait a while.

As much as Pes always was a mixed bag of gold and rubbish, this year they went above and beyond.
Anybody who pre orders 20 after this must have some traces of masochism in him.. :LOL:

Well,
I won´t be buying the console version anymore.
2019 was the last time!

Unless they change something big in the game, but I doubt it.

I really hope PES 2020 provides a proper base in everything.
And my biggest hope is, that it will be moddable again like it´s been with this release.

And (speaking for myself, and possibly the majority of us here) so it shall be, forever and ever, because we love football games and we just can't help ourselves.

The cycle never ends and there's no way of stopping it. I'm at peace with that now, after many, many years of this happening every year!

Same here!

I went from being ultra excited about PES 2018 on PC and how it was finally going to be on par with consoles. The first trailer got me so excited, it looked SO real.
In game... not so much. But still, I thought it was a step forward during the first weeks.
After a few months I started hating it. And swore to myself I wouldn't buy PES 2019 unless it had either gameplay sliders or a huge amount of positives in terms of gameplay. None of that happened. And I was determined to live up to my word, but as soon as the game came out and everybody was saying it was better than the demo, I threw myself to the lions.

But now I'm at peace. I realised it's not fixable or changeable for me.

I don't play or like any other games (only looking forward to MK11) so football games are the be-all end-all for me.
They are the only thing I look forward to throughout the year (in terms of something as trivial as gaming, of course), and then I spend crazy amount of hours modding them. So why should I miss all that?. A little part of the money I pay for the game is about that too.

So yeah, I have really low expectations regarding the 2020 versions of football games but I know I'm still going to buy them both. And who knows? Maybe one day they will indeed surprise us and hit us with something worthy.

Same here!

I went from being ultra excited about PES 2018 on PC and how it was finally going to be on par with consoles. The first trailer got me so excited, it looked SO real.
In game... not so much. But still, I thought it was a step forward during the first weeks.
After a few months I started hating it. And swore to myself I wouldn't buy PES 2019 unless it had either gameplay sliders or a huge amount of positives in terms of gameplay. None of that happened. And I was determined to live up to my word, but as soon as the game came out and everybody was saying it was better than the demo, I threw myself to the lions.

But now I'm at peace. I realised it's not fixable or changeable for me.

I don't play or like any other games (only looking forward to MK11) so football games are the be-all end-all for me.
They are the only thing I look forward to throughout the year (in terms of something as trivial as gaming, of course), and then I spend crazy amount of hours modding them. So why should I miss all that?. A little part of the money I pay for the game is about that too.

So yeah, I have really low expectations regarding the 2020 versions of football games but I know I'm still going to buy them both. And who knows? Maybe one day they will indeed surprise us and hit us with something worthy.
No one says not to get it. At some stage i might too.
But
1) it will not be pre order
2) it will be either pre-owned or after a big discount.
Not gonna help Konami with numbers anymore, so they can fly the banner how many copies and how much money they got. And we should all do that.

No one says not to get it. At some stage i might too.
But
1) it will not be pre order
2) it will be either pre-owned or after a big discount.
Not gonna help Konami with numbers anymore, so they can fly the banner how many copies and how much money they got. And we should all do that.

Well, I don't know you enough to say that what you're saying isn't true. Or that you will buy it on day 1.
But...

What you're saying isn't true and you will buy it on day 1.

Like this year i won't buy it anywhere near release and then decide if it's worth it even at discounted price. Recently Pes quickly goes to half price by November so i will wait until then,read opinions here and decide to buy it or not.
Unless they will have something mindblowingly exciting in gameplay or in terms of offline modes especially related to Master League...

I would expect a totally new and hugely more immersive Master League and big improvements to gameplay and just in that case i would consider buying it around release time.

I'm surprised that you guys really expected that they fix the AI when they didn't even announce a gameplay patch.
I was hoping that they changed the shooting (scoring long range goals) a little bit but I didn't expect it as it was clear that there won't be anything big if they don't even announce it. Pes 20 is only about 4 months away and the first news for that should hit next month so like I said I'm surprised that everybody thought there would be this #monsterpatch.

You do know I was only kidding with you, right?
Unfortunately the only ones who are in tears laughing now are Konami people.
I'm surprised that you guys really expected that they fix the AI when they didn't even announce a gameplay patch.
I didnt expect big gameplay patch.
But as much as they were able to break the game with small tweaks that came after DP4, I was hoping that they will fix few things now (like long shots, or our AI team mates being in the way and tripping over each other)

Anyway, my twitter is already full of:
- hmm.. ball seems more free now... bit like in the demo...
- game feels more responsive...
- is it just me or long shots are better..?

So it begins...
"Guess if-and-what has changed"...

Back
Top Bottom