PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Konami plans revealed: destroy todays pes completely, with devastating updates. People will transfer to Fifa, and when they get fed up with Fifa, they will return to Pes.
I dont see another explanation for this :)

just played this game online for the first time in weeks and it feels completely different? what did they do?

maybe i'm going mad but there's a lot more physiccality and unpredictability with the ball, but the game pace and the passing assistance has gone ridiculously overdone

I feel the same but on Master League. Only been 3 matches but im seeing a lot more randomness from the AI and different animations/situations. The game speed seems to have gone up slightly . Its only been 3 games but i have had some realy enjoyable peroids of play in matches where i have thought Wow this games amazing im loving it ,then a minute later the insanely accurate AI attacking kicks in and we lose a goal that was just impossible to defend.
If only they could tone down the shooting strengths of the AI, for instance today a Motherwell player scored a top corner rocket shot from receiving the ball standing static he barely moved his shooting leg back let alone take a full stride and the ball rockets of his boot at a 90degree angle into top corner.
Aaaaargggghhh, AI 7 shots 4 goals , me 12 shots on target 1 goal, still too much of this nonsense.
It seems that every game is scripted to have at least 5 goals in it, as soon as a team scores the other team gets an insane boost and so on. A shame because there are bits of matches where everything is playing nice and your thinking yeh 1-0 should i hold onto this lead and bring on a defender but you just know its all pointless and decided by the catch up algorithm or whatever it is they use.

just played this game online for the first time in weeks and it feels completely different? what did they do?

maybe i'm going mad but there's a lot more physiccality and unpredictability with the ball, but the game pace and the passing assistance has gone ridiculously overdone

Yes . Same here. Youre not wrong. All the updates until now made the game more and more arcade. Now for example you dont have problems any more with pressing over 90 mins. Sad but true. I dont know what Konami want to achieve? Become another FIFA ? Whats their strategy for the future? If they become another arcade football game they will lose. But maybe thats better and another competitor will rise. Finally.

Yes . Same here. Youre not wrong. All the updates until now made the game more and more arcade. Now for example you dont have problems any more with pressing over 90 mins. Sad but true. I dont know what Konami want to achieve? Become another FIFA ? Whats their strategy for the future? If they become another arcade football game they will lose. But maybe thats better and another competitor will rise. Finally.

it's truly awful. what a terrible change they've made

This has to be the first and only computer game in history that manages to piss you off EVEN WHEN YOU ARE SUCCEEDING!

Euro League me (Bayern) against Brøndby: I win the first leg away 3-0 then brace myself for a script fest on the home leg, but surprisingly I am suddenly up 3-1 at half-time (so 6-1 on aggregate).

In any 'realistic' situation that should be it. Both teams silently agreeing that the second half should be just about passing the ball around a little, trying not to injure anyone. But this is PES. To be on the safe side I play deep defense pull my players back, the AI still manages to part my back line like the read sea. There is nothing I can do. My players are slow and play limp passes. With 8 minutes to go I bet with myself: they're gonna equalize! And sure they do. Then in injury time they score the winner, a two-lobbed-pinpoint-missiles-across-the-pitch-slam-in-the-top-corner thing.

I am through, all right, but Konami still had to stick it to me, had to make sure I cannot enjoy my success but be frustrated instead. "You advanced to the next round but we won, nah-nah-nah-naaaah-nah".

Someone designed this game to be like this. This petty, this anal, this squeamish, this vile, this unrewarding, this ungenerous. It is a mystery to me, what this person (or group) wanted to achieve with this strategy.

I didn't follow the entire development with patches since i haven't the game, but if they really made it more arcade, oh my.

If their strategy is to cater to Fifa fans they have lost it. Fifa fans won't accept a Fifa-clone with less licenses, a worse online, a worse FUT, next to zero atmosphere,less and much more boring modes.

They are disrepecting their legacy year after year and i can't be more happy to not support them anymore.

Fifa team is developing the game exactly as their fans expect, Pes team is doing the opposite of what Pes fans expect from Pes.

Someone designed this game to be like this. This petty, this anal, this squeamish, this vile, this unrewarding, this ungenerous
Some people would say you simply must be shit at defending and you left AI too much space.. :LOL:
Its so blatant, so obvious and so in your face this year, that I just cant believe that some people are so oblivious and are still defending this game!
If their strategy is to cater to Fifa fans they have lost it. Fifa fans won't accept a Fifa-clone with less licenses, a worse online, a worse FUT, next to zero atmosphere,less and much more boring modes.
And they are damn right. Why would you go for Pes if both games played similar way? Pes doesnt offer anything extra, just pretty looking faces.
They will not convince Fifa fans and in the same time they will lose theirs as everyone will go to the other side for all the stadiums, atmosphere and much deeper single player mode.

Next year I will only buy a football game if it gets close to that gambling game, Rush Football 2. Its time to these football games became next gen for real.

Next year I will only buy a football game if it gets close to that gambling game, Rush Football 2. Its time to these football games became next gen for real.
Not gonna happen.
Rush Football is just prerendered predetermined cutscenes and has nothing to do with actual gameplay.

Not gonna happen.
Rush Football is just prerendered predetermined cutscenes and has nothing to do with actual gameplay.

Well, actually...
Football games will probably not be like that for another decade.
But, it would be very interesting to see what either company could get out of working WITH the developers of Rush Football. Who knows? Maybe there is some data that could be taken to one of the current playable football games we have. Lighting information? Animations? Whatever.

Well, actually...
Football games will probably not be like that for another decade.
But, it would be very interesting to see what either company could get out of working WITH the developers of Rush Football. Who knows? Maybe there is some data that could be taken to one of the current playable football games we have. Lighting information? Animations? Whatever.
Well yeah maybe if they could work together they could exchange some knowledge and ideas and implement them to some point.But to reach that level of animations and realism and put it to actual gameplay with human input,i think we're still far from it.But as the years pass,i think we'll see improvement in that area sooner or later.

I mean if you've seen the Last of Us 2 gameplay video,the transition between cutscene and gameplay is phenomenal.
It looks so seamless that you barely understand when there is cutscene and when there is gameplay.
So i guess it's possible to some point.

But in a football game it's more difficult to implement and maybe most people won't even like it that way.
Because they want high responsiveness and that always makes things less realistic overall in terms of animations etc but more user friendly.So even if companies gain the ability at some point to implement super realistic stuff like these,they won't because they will be considered unfriendly to casuals and hard to control and master etc.

But on the other hand,they HAVE to revolutionize their games at some point in terms of movement and animations and bring new stuff and ideas.We can't go another 20 years with the same clunky skatey poor foot planting shit.
One thing is for sure,the future will be very interesting to see..

Well yeah maybe if they could work together they could exchange some knowledge and ideas and implement them to some point.But to reach that level of animations and realism and put it to actual gameplay with human input,i think we're still far from it.But as the years pass,i think we'll see improvement in that area sooner or later.

I mean if you've seen the Last of Us 2 gameplay video,the transition between cutscene and gameplay is phenomenal.
It looks so seamless that you barely understand when there is cutscene and when there is gameplay.
So i guess it's possible to some point.

But in a football game it's more difficult to implement and maybe most people won't even like it that way.
Because they want high responsiveness and that always makes things less realistic overall in terms of animations etc but more user friendly.So even if companies gain the ability at some point to implement super realistic stuff like these,they won't because they will be considered unfriendly to casuals and hard to control and master etc.

But on the other hand,they HAVE to revolutionize their games at some point in terms of movement and animations and bring new stuff and ideas.We can't go another 20 years with the same clunky skatey poor foot planting shit.
One thing is for sure,the future will be very interesting to see..

Yeah, I understand and agree with you-

This probably won't make me win over any friends as it will a very unpopular comment but if you really want to see a photo-realistic football games where cutscenes and gameplay are seamless integrated with very high end LOD, with a lively environment, everything in motion, etc... then the company that decides to do that would have to do it only for PC. Very high-end PC. Which would have very low revenue as only so many people would be able to buy it and play it. But that's the only way. I don't even think next-gen consoles will be able to handle that type of pre and post processing with so many animations happening at the same time.

Don't take my word, go Youtube for GTA photo realistic mods (and such), and then compare that to the actual GTA game on consoles. Only very high end PCs are able to handle that.

If anyone is interested, there is
PES League Regional Finals Season 2: Europe - Co-Op, going live now:

Yeah, I understand and agree with you-

This probably won't make me win over any friends as it will a very unpopular comment but if you really want to see a photo-realistic football games where cutscenes and gameplay are seamless integrated with very high end LOD, with a lively environment, everything in motion, etc... then the company that decides to do that would have to do it only for PC. Very high-end PC. Which would have very low revenue as only so many people would be able to buy it and play it. But that's the only way. I don't even think next-gen consoles will be able to handle that type of pre and post processing with so many animations happening at the same time.

Don't take my word, go Youtube for GTA photo realistic mods (and such), and then compare that to the actual GTA game on consoles. Only very high end PCs are able to handle that.

As you mention "many animations happening at the same time"..
I remember the Fifa 14 E3 stage demo and how impressed I was by that. They showed the new power they have now with the new consoles and the possibilities like "not only two players jumping for a header after a corner" for example and more..
Now 6 years later what do we have in today's football games that we didn't have in the Ps3 Era?

Really disappointing as I remember I thought "yesss finally something new" back then. Now 6 years later... absolutely nothing new.. Things got even worse in some departments.

Spot on comment. I remember when I play RDR2 for the first time. The caracter and the horse feel so heavy. When get used to it, I notice the most beatiful animations for a horse that I ever see.

I always said that the main problem of PES is the communities. Imho, PES now is exactly what people was asking for. If they have followed the PES 2014 mentality, we would have a much more realistic game.

Not sure if I agree that its so difficult to create a proper football game with proper animations and the fact that only high end PC's could handle it.
Even if you look at RdR2, where you have huge world to render at the same time, living around you.
I dont agree that proper football game, contained by one pitch, with basically 22 characters is too much to ask for consoles.
Truth is - last 10 years they barely evolved.
There is not much difference between Pes clips from ps4 and ps3 days. Thats not system limitations - thats just lazyness.
"Just give them something, anything. It only has 12 months life cycle anyway."

Pes (or/and Fifa) 20 has to be fucking spectacular if I'm buying any of them this year.
That means deep gameplay,non scripted games,and fouls!
After being on 2k (three days ) the past 20 days,none of the football games is delivering what we should expect.
This one in particular,but the other game is shallow as well.
How hard can it be to make an offline game worth our money?
Or balance it out for both aspects of it?

If Konami dont gave up on PES, my guess is that this year we will only have a patched version of PES 2019 and they will focus on PS5.

Well, that would be the smart thing to do.

Not sure that is the smart thing to do. Sales are falling. I would of thought getting the game right with the fundamentals would be the right thing to do before the transition.

Perhaps you're right. PS5 its going to be cross gen anyway. Launching a good football game with PS5 would be a good business.
How I wanted to hear people saying "dude, did you see PES running on the new PS? Geez it looks the real thing!"

Hi Guys,
All of you that are unsatisfied with the gameplay, patch after patch.

Try the demo again and be mesmerized with it.

How Konami had a jewell, and how it has vanished in the final game.

Believe to see...

never forget in the demo, the ai goalkeeper is glued to line and never come out
also the most broken thing was ai 1on1 and then pass back
I would prefer the exe before dlc4

never forget in the demo, the ai goalkeeper is glued to line and never come out
also the most broken thing was ai 1on1 and then pass back
I would prefer the exe before dlc4

I know it. And it has another annoying bug. It's almost impossible to win a header inside the area.

However in defensive phase your teamates are much more colaboratives and there aren't unestoppable scripted ofensive plays by the AI.

But the point is, that ofensive gameplay feels amazing in the overall. And when someone plays aganist the AI, it's atacking the 70% of the match, in demo or final game.

The weight of the players, the ball control, the build-up, the dribbling, the shielding are really good, much more than the final game.
It's incredible satisfaying try to beat a defensive AI that it's agressive and makes mistakes (not like the ultimate perfect man-to-man passive marking of the final game).

I agree that demo isn't perfect and has a few terrible bugs, but in the overall, playing it, it's satisfaying. Playing any of the final game versions, isn't. And that's what it's all about.

I was scrapping my ML save, trying to finish my second season, after i decided to an other chance to the game and keep this save for a while running alive. So before January of 2020 i was 1st in my League, 5 points above second Bayern Munchen, and competing in 8 of cup and 32 of Europa League against Inter. I changed only two basic 11 in the winter transfer window, just decreasing the TS from 89 to 82. I even denied job offers from Juventus and Bayern (Despite i was tempted to make a project "make X team great again". I was undefeated in any competition until 31 January.
Something "infected" my team and from February and on i lost pretty much everything. Lost in Cup hands down to Schalke, lost to Inter 1-0 and 3-0 . In my league in May now, two games before the final turn i am again 5th, same position i finished the last (my first) season. For a reason i cannot win anything, from 9 goals against in 15 matches in first round , i went again to CPU wins 0-2 automatically in every game beginning, so the best i have resulted is some draws 2-2, 3-3 etc and some crappy victories 3-2. My GK and my Defense Line are all the same 4 as in the first round.

What annoys me only , is that my defending players are always one step back for a damn reason, no matter the timing i press :x:, my defender player always does an extra step to the wrong direction, in the most goal i concede it is 6 players (me) vs 2 players (AI), no matter how good i will contain them, they find the way to make the tap-in or take a rebound after hitting the post. In the same time my defenders lost the ability to catch-up, every CPu attacker with average to low speed stats are outrunning me while they carry the ball, or no matter stamina, fatigue or how i will run , supercancel etc, i can never catch them or when i catch them , it is always an unneeded automatic wrong step, or i will charge-tackle them but no collision animation is displayed, they just bounce me back like a supspension.
Meanwhile my attacking players, while they resembled Messi or David Silva in the first round, now they cannot outrun anyone, they cannot dribble not even a chair, their first touches are all heavy and time-wasting resulting to loosing the ball. In many occasions when i succeed to dribble some other AI control teamate will walk on my patch, crashing on me, resulting after in awkward situations where the ball is 50-50 away from both players, so i am fighting the bad cursor switch to take the closest player, but this struggle against the auto switching results to both players taking half step to the ball and half step behind. In this time an opponent defender comes in and intercepts the ball.

Finally despite any moaning or not, or any believing in momentum,scripting,handicap,boost etc, in the end i closed the PS4 two matches aways from season finale, cause i was pissed-off, i did not have any immersion to plan the next season , to schedule roster moves etc.

And the worst came when i looked at my home clock, cause i played a lot this day, from February to May in ML, i started thinking. "Why am i playing this game? Is it completely waste of time?":CONFUSE:

Last edited:
And the worst came when i looked at my home clock, cause i played a lot this day, from February to May in ML, i started thinking. "Why am i playing this game? Is it completely waste of time?":CONFUSE:

Yesterday I played 2014 - I wrote in the 2014 thread that Kaboul ran away from the ball.

Just now I am playing PES 2015 - just one exhibition match Spurs vs West Ham. The West Ham attacker takes the ball OVER the line but the game PLAYS ON, ATTACKER BRINGS BALL BACK ONTO PITCH AND SCORES.

I had actually held 14 and 15 in high regard til now so these past 2 days have been sad for me.

This leaves 13, 12, 11, 10, 5 for me. 14-19 are gone.

Also forgot to mention, relating to what others posted two days ago, about gamespeed. Although by now, i can predict when it is CPU's time to score, exactly when they start playing one-touch laser-guided passes, without even bothering to control it for a millisecond, it seems now that their passing speed or their one-touch passing is a little bit faster, denying some physics or foot planting in most cases. In my both games against Inter Milan in the Europa League , in the first 20 minutes, when they scored all their goals and killed the match, they had something like 85-15 ball possession against me, they were one-touch passing so fast that i could barely watch them. Pressing any button or giving any command input from me seemed so doomed, it was like i was the "cosmetic feature" of the game!
Especially since PES 2015 where the ball possession and controlling became "easier" for the Human-player, even in the worst scripted games against SuperStaR cpU in PES 2018, i cannot remember another game win or loss, where i had less than 40% possesion at worst.

Back
Top Bottom