PES 2020 Rumours Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the real issue here, Micro transactions are fine if the user was in control of the game and bought what he wanted and it gave him exactly what is expected, But having shady mechanics that dilute stats and makes the game basically a RNG despite Konami sending trolls to defend it.

Rigging the game and making it act in a certain way without an explanation is borderline corruption on behalf of these gaming companies IMHO. Remember most of the users are kids and are being exploited due to their love of the game of football.

The likes of Incas/Jenkey have proven through the years that the game can be fixed easily and made to represent the beautiful game and have a level playing field, But these companies are deceiving their customers and it's time to take them on.

No more scripting!

Today I played a little 2017, with all player stats at 40...everyone ran, tackled, passed, dribbled, etc. like the game with default stats.

Today I played a little 2017, with all player stats at 40...everyone ran, tackled, passed, dribbled, etc. like the game with default stats.

The only 2 values that feel like a true 40 is stamina and body control. I tested all 40's and 40's stamina couple of years ago. Enjoyed what lowering stamina and body control at 40 did, but it wasn't enough to get the game playing the right way.

Here was the stream I did in 2017:

PES issue, especially in 19, is that over-agile player with the dribbling the ball right under the player's nose and every step is a touch on the ball. I'm hoping some smoother and more concentrated animation of dribbling and ball possession, in general, can be addressed.

The only 2 values that feel like a true 40 is stamina and body control. I tested all 40's and 40's stamina couple of years ago. Enjoyed what lowering stamina and body control at 40 did, but it wasn't enough to get the game playing the right way.

PES issue, especially in 19, is that over-agile player with the dribbling the ball right under the player's nose and every step is a touch on the ball. I'm hoping some smoother and more concentrated animation of dribbling and ball possession, in general, can be addressed.

Indeed, also the feeling of weight (both for the ball and players) is severely lacking from the game and may have to do with that (the typical complaint of big physical defenders feeling the same on the ball as Messi). The last PES that had a real sense of weight was 2015.

Right know I'm bouncing back between 2012 and 2017, and whenever I come back to 2017, the difference is atrocious. It makes 2017 feel like a cheap amateur game.

I used to decrease explosive power and speed (not atm due to many ML restarts), and decreasing those two made the game much better -at least for me. Around -20 to both for all players. At normal game speed. + Inca's magic and no other mods to gameplay/exe.

It's no different from gambling - despite the best arguments - and should be subjected to the same regulations. See.
In fact it's worse than gambling simply because with actual gambling at least their is a chance of a physical payout with things like betting and slot machines. In game purchases like loot boxes and FUT packs have no physical/financial reward.

What really baffles me is that they could still sell/charge for new/extra content and get a few more bucks out of it instead of profiting off of desperate kids, teenagers and adults with a game mode. What I mean is, they could put out free DLCs and payed DLCs. Free DLCs could come with basic updates while payed ones could really take the game to a different level of customization and authenticity.
I mean, who wouldn't pay extra for a DLC that comes with a Stadium Editor or with brand new cameras or gameplay sliders or such and such?. It probably would still feel like we're being charged for something we should get for free, but at least it would be something tangible, something to really improve everyone's game (ON and OFFline). And I'm sure they would still get a lot of money out of that because WHO does not want additional content that makes the difference?

I mean, who wouldn't pay extra for a DLC that comes with a Stadium Editor or with brand new cameras
Who wouldn't? 99% of people.

This is where we're completely out of touch. Nobody outside of this forum is going to pay for that stuff. Even amongst those who'd be interested in it, there'd be a lot who'd say it's "disgusting" that it's not included free, and wouldn't pay it.

Can you IMAGINE saying to your typical PES/FIFA player (and the typical PES/FIFA player is someone who plays online, and plays myClub/FUT), "hey, wanna buy a stadium editor" and their response being "YES! I've been waiting to spend five hours a night editing / importing shit instead of just putting the disc in, pressing 'play' and tiki-taka-exploit-spamming my way to a 10-0 win against some old fart"...?

If they went a step further - and stripped out single player entirely, selling it back to us as DLC - then lots of us would pay for that (or want it, but would be too "disgusted" to pay for it). But when I say "lots", I mean about 10% of their audience AT ABSOLUTE MOST.

(Just because we moan on Twitter and we see others moan on Twitter, don't go thinking there are lots of us - there aren't, not in comparison to the people who just buy it, play it and stop playing it without ever having the desire to moan about it on social media. We are a dying breed. The future is online.)

But stripping out single player would assign a true value to it (from a company perspective) and they would instantly be able to see if it's even worth carrying on making single player content in PES - and I imagine they'd realise that it isn't (and they KNOW it isn't, which is why the ML hasn't been significantly changed in a long old fucking time).

A separate revenue stream for it, though, would at least mean that they HAD to work on it in order for us to consider buying it each year.

Last edited:
Who wouldn't? 99% of people.

This is where we're completely out of touch. Nobody outside of this forum is going to pay for that stuff. Even amongst those who'd be interested in it, there'd be a lot who'd say it's "disgusting" that it's not included free, and wouldn't pay it.

Can you IMAGINE saying to your typical PES/FIFA player (and the typical PES/FIFA player is someone who plays online, and plays myClub/FUT), "hey, wanna buy a stadium editor" and their response being "YES! I've been waiting to spend five hours a night editing / importing shit instead of just putting the disc in, pressing 'play' and tiki-taka-exploit-spamming my way to a 10-0 win against some old fart"...?

If they went a step further - and stripped out single player entirely, selling it back to us as DLC - then lots of us would pay for that (or want it, but would be too "disgusted" to pay for it). But when I say "lots", I mean about 10% of their audience AT ABSOLUTE MOST.

(Just because we moan on Twitter and we see others moan on Twitter, don't go thinking there are lots of us - there aren't, not in comparison to the people who just buy it, play it and stop playing it without ever having the desire to moan about it on social media. We are a dying breed. The future is online.)

But stripping out single player would assign a true value to it (from a company perspective) and they would instantly be able to see if it's even worth carrying on making single player content in PES - and I imagine they'd realise that it isn't (and they KNOW it isn't, which is why the ML hasn't been significantly changed in a long old fucking time).

A separate revenue stream for it, though, would at least mean that they HAD to work on it in order for us to consider buying it each year.

(...)It probably would still feel like we're being charged for something we should get for free, but at least it would be something tangible, something to really improve everyone's game (ON and OFFline)(...)

Plus, Chris... Need I remind you that games like Batman have been selling their DLCs with simple character costumes?.
And there's more:

Clearly, season passes and DLC content aren’t going away any time soon. A recent report by SuperData revealed that DLC and micro-transactions would make up more than 50% of digital console revenue for 2017, further supporting the importance of expansions in the vitality of game developers and publishers. EA’s fiscal year for 2016 showed that it sold a total worth of £920 million in DLC, a rise of 13% from 2015. In EA’s case, it made 59% of total net sales, which amounted to £3.7 billion. Ubisoft by comparison, made £650 million in digital revenue, representing 50% of its total sales, up from 32% in 2015. Activision holds position at the top with a phenomenal £3.75 billion in digital revenue, 74% of the £5 billion total revenue in 2016.
(Source: https://www.gamesradar.com/the-rise...ers-are-finding-new-ways-to-charge-for-games/)

Now that was from 2017. Just a year and a half ago. Not a decade.

Like I said in my previous post, it's not that I'm supporting or wishing to PAY for DLCs. It's just that I'm against FUT and MyClub, I'd rather people spent their money on something that would actually make EA and Konami work hard to create and be innovative and people would get something big in return. Since they are not doing it for free, maybe they would do it for money.

Plus, Chris... Need I remind you that games like Batman have been selling their DLCs with simple character costumes?
If you released kit DLCs for PES/FIFA, a lot of people would snap that up. Definitely. But an EDITOR? No way, absolutely no chance. Your core audience doesn't want to do any work - and importing other people's kits is STILL WORK! The vast majority don't do that. They play it as it comes. People want to buy a game, not a dev kit to make their own. They can't be bothered. Let's be honest, who can blame them?

I'd rather people spent their money on something that would actually make EA and Konami work hard to create and be innovative and people would get something big in return.
I'd rather that too. But it's not the world we live in. People in general treat PES and FIFA like you or I would treat a mobile phone game, or Pacman... They buy it and if they like it, great. If they don't, they don't have anything to say about it. They're not passionate about it. It's just a game.

Buying a stupid kit and "standing out" and/or trolling your opponent, that's something people will pay for. But anything that involves work... Try explaining how much work we've done in our lives, for free, to put all the latest kits (and even the right damn footballs) in the game - leaving ourselves with no time (or inclination) to actually PLAY THE GAME. They will laugh in your face.

We are not the normal. We are the offline, and we are doomed.

(The motto of House Evo-Web right there...)

As I say, I truly think our only hope is that football games are split into "PES ONLINE" and "PES OFFLINE", at which point there are two development teams and the potential is there for a lot more work (on both sides).

But as things stand, both football game developers are doing nothing for offline. EA tried "The Journey" and it was huge in year one, only for everyone to get bored of it by year two. (Because it was linear, boring crap.) Since then, they said getting the UEFA license was "enough" of a change for the career mode. As for PES, well, look at the ML.

It's a huge sign of what's to come. I bet you within the next three years, there's a statement from someone in either camp along the lines of "you should be grateful there's any career mode at all".

Last edited:

One of the most impressive things about '17 is the AI and their diversity in play. I don't think i recall seeing AI as sophisticated as they are here. There was even spontaneous attempts at "F*** it!" shooting from outside the box!

I dunno whether it's just because i haven't played it or seen it in motion for a couple of years but is the inertia i'm seeing in the video a result of the tweaks or was this game a bit more representative of realistic player momentum and physics than '19 is currently?

Hoping for the best.
Tanvir left best of luck to him another is there God knows when that day will come for real.
Konami if you really want to hire, see the brilliant editors working on your half ,,,,,,, game. Hire them .. and if u need suggestion do look this evo web forum. Guys are brilliant. Well behaved, logical people knows what they are talking about. Taking suggestions from here will really help the game to be far more superior. For once in your life do the needful. Make 2020 gorgeous and brilliant in all aspects.

Hire them
I hope not.

A lot of these guys are good and decent people, who love Pes (some of them are also assholes).
But Im afraid the minute Konami officially hires them, they might turn into brown nosing Daniels, who lie so much that they start believing their own bullshit.

I hope Konami will work with them, but as advisors, so they can stay true, independent and speak out loud about issues.
As it stands im noticing worrying trend there. The more carrots is being dangled in front of them, the less they talk about issues, while praising this piece of shit that Konami delivered this year.

Fifa 20 and PES 2020 are mere copy+paste jobs until PS5 comes next year.

I still wish to know what that little 'thing' that'll make us want to buy it this year. Last year was UEFA license on Fifa and they definitely don't have any bigger license than that to announce at E3/Gamescom. Didn't buy PES 2019 so not sure what was their main selling point, but you really do feel now that in 2020 is the year of monumental changes, surely.

Both games developed primarily for consoles that were at the most, just over 2 t flops and reports suggesting PS5 is touching possibly 13. That's a whole load of power. Way better animations, AI, visuals and all-round everything.

The past 5 years at least.
It was on decline for a good while now but it was never that bad. I know some people here are hammering pes17, but 17 in compare to 19 is a masterpiece.
Suppose good thing is that I dont think it can get any worse than that..

It was on decline for a good while now but it was never that bad. I know some people here are hammering pes17, but 17 in compare to 19 is a masterpiece.
Suppose good thing is that I dont think it can get any worse than that..

I believe it can. Been playing 2012 lately, and when I went back to 2017 it was simply unbearable. I haven't played 2019, but imagine that would disappoint me even worse.

I can understand why people are praising Fifa 16 and 19 (with slider tweaks and some file tweaks here and there). The essence of PES 2012 is very similar to those games (a real feeling of weight and unpredictable physics). Sure none of those games are perfect, but man PES 2012 felt more organic and humane.

P.S. I really hope the could go back to the old card (special abilities) system.

QyjUq0G.jpg

Sure?

:D How come no one posted the yearly vid yet?!
Not Rush Football again, its like Deja Vu every year.
:D Football Kingdom is next :D I love this time of the year :D It's hilarious.

Whatever.. Konami has to understand and realize what they did with PES 2018 animations and what's wrong with them in PES 2019. For me, PES 2018 has the smoothest and most natural animations in every PES, even in every football game... ever, but somehow they screw them in PES 2019.
I do not know what Konami's touched in PES 2019 but they have to figure out what it is to fix it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom