PES 2020 Rumours Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But is the mobile game superior to console? (I recall someone commenting it was good - okay - but is it better than console version? in what way, etc?)

I haven't tried (yet) but if it delivers, then surely we should be shifting our play to the mobile platform?

with recent advances in mobile gaming I'd happily shift if that's where the game I'm after is.

so who has tried it and can comment.
PES Mobile has the myClub mode only. Players cannot play ML, nor a single match by picking the teams you want.

But is the mobile game superior to console? (I recall someone commenting it was good - okay - but is it better than console version? in what way, etc?)

I haven't tried (yet) but if it delivers, then surely we should be shifting our play to the mobile platform?

with recent advances in mobile gaming I'd happily shift if that's where the game I'm after is.

I've tried and except it has only myCub, it is what it is "a mobile game", nothing more that i can take it serious. At least in my ~5inch phone. I do not know how different is the experience in a +10inch tablet.But in the phone it is only for mobile fun, especially with these uncomfortable controls, both of them :the button type and the smart touch way .
It's a bit offtopic but it's no wonder Pes console version has been abandoned more and more while the mobile version has received a big graphic update.

1. Monster Strike - 130.2 billion yen - XFLAG
    Fate/Grand Order - 120.4 billion yen - Aniplex
    Knives Out-Tokyo Royale - 73.7 billion yen - NetEase
    Puzzle & Dragons - 70 billion yen - GungHo Online
    Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle - 46.1 billion yen - Bandai Namco Entertainment
    Granblue Fantasy - 33.9 billion yen - Cygames
    Pokémon GO - 32.1 billion yen - Niantic
    Power Pros - 30.3 billion yen - Konami
    LINE: Disney Tsum Tsum - 29.2 billion yen - LINE Corporation
    Blazing dance of civil war -KIZNA- - 27.9 billion yen - Sumzap Inc.
    LINE Manga - 27.3 billion yen - LINE Corporation
    LINE - 27.3 billion yen - LINE Corporation
    Professional Baseball Spirits - 25.3 billion yen - Konami
    The Idolmaster: Cinderella Girls Starlight Stage - 22.5 billion yen - Bandai Namco Entertainment
    Bang Dream! Girls Band Party! - 22.1 billion yen - Craft Egg
    White Cat Project - 21.3 billion yen - Colopl
    Lineage 2 Revolution - 19.7 billion yen - Netmarble games
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 - 15.7 billion yen - Konami
    Star Dragon Quest - 15.6 billion yen - Square Enix
    LINE Poko Poko - 15.2 billion yen - LINE
Only counting Japan, Pes 2018 mobile earned them roughly 125 mln €, while Pes 2018 sold about 200.000 copies thus earning them just 12 mln € if we calculate every copy has been sold at 60 €. This is the power of microtransactions.

There are also many other Konami games up there with much more earnings. Are you still asking yourself why Konami doesn't care anymore about console games and treats console Pes as a secondary project right now?

Sadly this is the future for Pes.

You summurise 18 ps4/pc/xbox revenue only with physical copies? There are also digital copies and microtransactions in there . I dont know what platform has more earnings, but the difference is not so huge as you calculate/estimate. And the mobile even if it has better treatment, still suffers from bugs that pc games had in late 90s.
My opinion is that the mobile platform is less demanding, so you can fan servise/support without as much effort needed as in consoles and pc. And even in this list they are still low enough and below their baseball mobile version.

Last edited:
PES Mobile has the myClub mode only. Players cannot play ML, nor a single match by picking the teams you want.

Thanks. So to me that is a let-down BUT then the question is how does MyClub play on mobile? Good matchmaking? Good ranking system? No lag quitting? Innovative comps and leagues and stat tracking?

I play offline mainly because online on PC/console have flaws but if MyClub on mobile is a different (better) beast then I'd give it a chance.

I've tried and except it has only myCub, it is what it is "a mobile game", nothing more that i can take it serious. At least in my ~5inch phone. I do not know how different is the experience in a +10inch tablet.But in the phone it is only for mobile fun, especially with these uncomfortable controls, both of them :the button type and the smart touch way .

Sounds like a larger tablet and a controller attached wouldn't make much difference and that increased game population and microtransaction revenue is what konami are after.

I think I'll give it a miss.

Thanks. So to me that is a let-down BUT then the question is how does MyClub play on mobile? Good matchmaking? Good ranking system? No lag quitting? Innovative comps and leagues and stat tracking?
Maaaate. It's about as good as you think a mobile game's going to be. It's got none of that stuff. It's myClub-only, it's got horrible controls, and the matches only last five minutes (you can't play longer games).

But the gameplay is very similar (which always makes me wonder what the hell is the point in a PS4/Xbox/PC running it - they are doing nothing with their processing power).

Mobile gaming is not the future - not for guys like us. They will always present a watered-down experience for commutes. They're alternate versions - not the best versions.

You summurise 18 ps4/pc/xbox revenue only with physical copies? There are also digital copies and microtransactions in there . I dont know what platform has more earnings, but the difference is not so huge as you calculate/estimate. And the mobile even if it has better treatment, still suffers from bugs that pc games had in late 90s.
My opinion is that the mobile platform is less demanding, so you can fan servise/support without as much effort needed as in consoles and pc. And even in this list they are still low enough and below their baseball mobile version.

Around 200.000 copies is the total (digital included) that Pes 2018 sold in Japan. Microtransactions could bring more thanks to Myclub and Free to play Myclub, but mobile Pes requires way less money invested on it.

Pes mobile is a good game and it shows they care about it, they even adapted the Pes console engine to mobile, that should tell you how much effort they are putting into it, compared to the almost non existant effort they put on console Pes. Of course Pes mobile doesn't control as good as console versions, but that's because of the platform limitations.

What i'm saying is: they are trying to take advantage of the mobile platform as much as possible. It looks and moves really great for a mobile game, while Pes on console looks and moves like it's stuck at the start of Ps4 generation.

Around 200.000 copies is the total (digital included) that Pes 2018 sold in Japan. Microtransactions could bring more thanks to Myclub and Free to play Myclub, but mobile Pes requires way less money invested on it.

Pes mobile is a good game and it shows they care about it, they even adapted the Pes console engine to mobile, that should tell you how much effort they are putting into it, compared to the almost non existant effort they put on console Pes. Of course Pes mobile doesn't control as good as console versions, but that's because of the platform limitations.

What i'm saying is: they are trying to take advantage of the mobile platform as much as possible. It looks and moves really great for a mobile game, while Pes on console looks and moves like it's stuck at the start of Ps4 generation.
Our thoughts seem to follow different paths, but in the end we don't disagree.
They are trying to take advantage of whatever brings the most money with the minimum cost/effort.Microtrans,mobile, whatever.
If this was to sell Funk-Pop figures of Minanda and Castolo, they would sell such figures. They just follow the most greedy paths of our era.It's their No 1 priority.

Pro Baseball Spirit by Konami - 2019.

D5Hd6isX4AEG3WY.jpg

D5Hd6OhWkAAkx-1.jpg

Wonder if it's using the FOX Engine?.
The crowd looks miles better than in PES, there seem to be actual cloth physics, and the shadows are better too.
Even players hands are better than in PES (which are strangely out of proportion, too big!).
The hand are the first thing I noticed being better. :LOL:

If it was offering ML and/or league and cup modes, it might be quite a decent game.

But since it´s myclub only, I haven´t touched it for a while, even I play offline only.

All in all though, it´s not bad, as long as you use and get used to the advanced controls.

Technic-wise it´s not a bad mobile game, but no way better than the console version.

PES started losing its essence when they decided to stick with "PES" as the name of the game.
Winning Eleven was such an iconic name that should have been the definitive one. That right there is the exact moment when the heart and soul of the game started to slowly fade away.

I mean think about it, the only place in the world where Football/Fútbol/Futebol is called SOCCER is... well, over there. And PES isn't even aiming at the american market. No signs of MLS or the US NT (there never were any).
I would totally understand it if a football game aiming at the Italian market, with the Serie A and Serie B and Italy NT were licensed was called "Calcio!".
But if a game was called Calcio and their only license was the Chinese Super League, then... uh... something's sort of wrong from the get-go.

PES started losing its essence when they decided to stick with "PES" as the name of the game.
Winning Eleven was such an iconic name that should have been the definitive one. That right there is the exact moment when the heart and soul of the game started to slowly fade away.

I mean think about it, the only place in the world where Football/Fútbol/Futebol is called SOCCER is... well, over there. And PES isn't even aiming at the american market. No signs of MLS or the US NT (there never were any).
I would totally understand it if a football game aiming at the Italian market, with the Serie A and Serie B and Italy NT were licensed was called "Calcio!".
But if a game was called Calcio and their only license was the Chinese Super League, then... uh... something's sort of wrong from the get-go.
You have a point but i think that for most people it's just a name.It doesn't change much.
I'm sure that almost nobody knows what every letter from the word FIFA stands for but they still play it.

But i also would prefer a name without the word soccer in it.Winning Eleven is surely a better name.
Having a word that only one country in the world uses to describe this sport is just weird and wrong.

Maybe they thought PEF would sound retarded so they choose PES instead.With this i agree lol.

You have a point but i think that for most people it's just a name.It doesn't change much.
I'm sure that almost nobody knows what every letter from the word FIFA stands for but they still play it.

But i also would prefer a name without the word soccer in it.Winning Eleven is surely a better name.
Having a word that only one country in the world uses to describe this sport is just weird and wrong.

Maybe they thought PEF would sound retarded so they choose PES instead.With this i agree lol.

Winning Eleven was emblematic. It represented something. Without the word "football" in it, you still knew what it was all about.
Who knows, perhaps the day they decided to switch to just PES was the same day they made the decision to drift away from the Sim approach as well.

Maybe marketing-wise “Winning Eleven” seemed more immature. Truth is it sounds a little bit like a “Captain Tsubasa” chapter title. Or a stand alone manga. :)

Winning Eleven was emblematic. It represented something. Without the word "football" in it, you still knew what it was all about.
Who knows, perhaps the day they decided to switch to just PES was the same day they made the decision to drift away from the Sim approach as well.
Well, remembering that usually the 'LE' versions of Winning Eleven used to be considered the best ones, I think they did a good thing ditching that name.

I mean, would you imagine the reaction at the release of Winning Eleven 18 Lite Edition (styled as WE18LE of course) only featuring MyClub?
It would have instantly killed all the 'LE' legacy (and all the magic we are still used to associate to the 'LE' thing).

This way, at least, the 'LE' legacy is still (and will forever be) intact.

Sincerely, I do not know. Well I asked via twitter to him if we could have some teaser this week and just did not give an answer he liked. I think we can have news

It will be either this or next week but I think it will be next week as I heard rumors about a announcement on the 15th of May.

If that is done in reverse, I'd much prefer it instead. The problem with KONAMI's approach this gen is that they are anchoring tactics/styles as their base, and forgetting about the very basic fundamentals of the game. I wrote about this in PesUniverse community article here:

https://www.pesuniverse.com/community-spotlight-the-priorities-of-pes-2018-and-beyond/

It's a shame it's still not there, and I'm skeptical that it will ever rid of itself of the poor priorities.

I agree with that sentiment.

Who's the member with the signature along the lines of "Lygaard: Remember The Boots"?

Anyway. That. (If you don't remember, he was teasing a "huge" license related to the colour of a pair of boots - and it turned out he was trolling us all. We are a joke to these guys. Believe me. This is nothing.)

Of course it's nothing.

Remember the "REALLY" hint that made everyone go mental before PES 2019 thinking Real Madrid and Bernabeu would be licensed?.

Can't keep falling for the same tricks over and over again.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Unfollowed him on Twitter after the fake teasing. Honestly i don't follow any official Konami accounts, only Pes community guys and Asim that is finally avoiding talking Pes on his personal account.

Pro Baseball Spirit by Konami - 2019.
Wonder if it's using the FOX Engine?.
The crowd looks miles better than in PES, there seem to be actual cloth physics, and the shadows are better too.
Even players hands are better than in PES (which are strangely out of proportion, too big!).

Looks dire if I'm being honest, shows how far Konami/Japan is behind. They can't seem to get past that waxen uncanny valley look. Reminds me of those sex dolls.

Not that graphics are the problem in PES of course, but I still think FOX engine was a terrible, short-sighted mistake. Imagine these developers trying to get to grips with Unreal Engine in the space of a year or two (if indeed that is what they are moving to), it's going to be another broken mess that requires years of catching up to patch all the holes.

true but out there are thousands of unreal pros and maybe 20 that can program FOX

konami should outsource PES to a big stdudio and olny publish the game!!! thats the way to go IMO

cant be that we get in a period of a year get just 4 updates where they fix NOTHING

Looks dire if I'm being honest, shows how far Konami/Japan is behind. They can't seem to get past that waxen uncanny valley look. Reminds me of those sex dolls.

Not that graphics are the problem in PES of course, but I still think FOX engine was a terrible, short-sighted mistake. Imagine these developers trying to get to grips with Unreal Engine in the space of a year or two (if indeed that is what they are moving to), it's going to be another broken mess that requires years of catching up to patch all the holes.
FOX was a bad choice for PES. But it was built cheap in house from Kojima, and cheap thinking is Konami today. Hopefully there next one allows for realistic player movement and 3d grass.

Could it have had (oh dear I'm getting lost with the grammar, you brits are so complicated) something to do with Schalke?
He teased a White Adidas shoe with blue strips. Hypothetically hinting that it would be a team wearing white with blue strips. It was the same period he teased a photo from Bernabeu.
Think is clear what he fake teased.

And since you mentioned Schalke, it was already in 2018, but it was in shadows, the same treatment Bayer Leverkusen has this year: only two kits, starting players having their cyber face in gameplay screen,
All this Schalke hype this year, was a teenager trick to provoke BvB, who abandoned them lately.
Don’t be surprised if the same happens with Schalke in the future and they suddenly start praising Leverkusen.

Don’t know if this quote exists in English, but these marketing guys have no hype-limits, they tend to : “go fishing without bait”.

Last edited:
Well, seems like there was a reason Asim was not talking about Pes anymore, he resigned from Konami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom