PES 5 Beta previews

Re: PES 5 Beta previews (updated!)

Hi gang,

Ok I have only played 5 games online so far so I will tell you my opinions and if you want me to do some vids / screenshots then I will. i have also got Pro Evo4 for Xbox Live adn Winning 11 8 LE so I can use then as examples.

1. Graphics are improved, there are a little crisper than the Pro Evo 4 ones and the pitches are also improved.
2. There are quite a few new animations, inlcluding flick ons and keepers etc.
3. Shooting is much more difficult as you can now hit the top stand with relative ease.
4. Online is 100% better than Xbox, however the gamep play is a lot slower and responses to movements are not as good as WE8 LE.
5. Running off the ball is improved but sprinting is a lot slower and its easier to catch people.

I will do some vids later and upload them, any other questiosn throw them at me and I will have a look at it.

Hello Stumpy, thank U to share your impressions !!

I would like to know if you try the new R2-shoot, the Controlled Shoot ??

If you have videos of differents shoots (L1, R1, R2 or Middle shoot) and some new moves ?!

Thanks amigo !! \(^o^)/

yup, i would like to see someone score a goal. is it that hard??

stumpy_uk said:
Hi gang,

Ok I have only played 5 games online so far so I will tell you my opinions and if you want me to do some vids / screenshots then I will. i have also got Pro Evo4 for Xbox Live adn Winning 11 8 LE so I can use then as examples.

1. Graphics are improved, there are a little crisper than the Pro Evo 4 ones and the pitches are also improved.
3. Shooting is much more difficult as you can now hit the top stand with relative ease.
4. Online is 100% better than Xbox, however the gamep play is a lot slower and responses to movements are not as good as WE8 LE.
5. Running off the ball is improved but sprinting is a lot slower and its easier to catch people.

I will do some vids later and upload them, any other questiosn throw them at me and I will have a look at it.

Not too happy about point 5 the way you say it's easier to catch people. I hope this doesn't apply to some slow defender being able to catch up with Henry cause that wouldn't be good. Has anyone else found this who have played it? Sounds a great game overall though. Have preordered it from YesAsia.

eagle_eye said:
Not too happy about point 5 the way you say it's easier to catch people. I hope this doesn't apply to some slow defender being able to catch up with Henry cause that wouldn't be good. Has anyone else found this who have played it? Sounds a great game overall though. Have preordered it from YesAsia.

this was the worst thing about PES4, if they havent improved it but even made it worse then im gona kick sum1 rite in the noots!

I want to know

- If theres is noticable differance in heading power between players. for example in pes4 ronaldo had around 60 point for heading, but he still managed to win 80% of the headers.

- The same for defensive skills, is there difference? In pes4 the defence points are really useless. Again i take ronaldo as example. He had very low defensive points, but he can take balls of players better than Nesta who has double the defensive points.

mashed_up said:
this was the worst thing about PES4, if they havent improved it but even made it worse then im gona kick sum1 rite in the noots!

You are right, it would be terrible, what is the point in having the speed stats if someone slower than you can catch up with you. If you are Henry and you go by someone then tough crap to them, they shouldn't be able to catch him unless you have also have a very fast player.

Is it just me or is it confirming the ability to have a multiplayer league (not ML)?

mpleague6pb.jpg

Last edited:

I would also like to know if there is more carding for pulling a players. In pes4 it happens too much when your 1on1 with the keeper and a defenders pull you from behind and the ref just only gives a free kick, while in real life it would be a red card.

I think it would be good to break away wif Henry and Leaving For Example Someone Like Roy Keane Chasing Back And Not Being Able To Catch You But From What I Have Heard He Probably Can Which Migh Make It Quite Unrealistic Dont You Think?

I hope the stats actually mean something this time around, for example..

Martins and his 99 speed/accel getting caught by the likes of Campbell and Staam, no WAY would this happen in real life.

Or someone with 97 balance getting "stumbled" by someone who is 174 in height and has 70 balance, utter bullshit.

I think that if someone with 90 balance is on the ball and someone with 80 balance runs into him, the guy with 80 shouldnt make him stumble all the time, this is bloody fake, and for me it destroyed the game.

I aint expecting much from this game, but I have to make do with it.

AndynJonny said:
I think it would be good to break away wif Henry and Leaving For Example Someone Like Roy Keane Chasing Back And Not Being Able To Catch You But From What I Have Heard He Probably Can Which Migh Make It Quite Unrealistic Dont You Think?

Agreed but from whati have heard this and the balance issue have been improved upon.

What's up with all the capitals??? :shock:

pesswede said:
According to this site pessverige.com three teams from nordic will be in the game..FC Copenhagen, Rosenborg and Malmo FF
That news is clearly stolen from my swedish PES site here:
http://www.pes.nu

Konami told me (exclusive) that three scandinavian teams will be licensed in PES5, but they couldn't reveal which ones yet. It was my guess that it will be those three teams. Not something Konami said.

Here are my impressions from a beta test of PES5 (in swedish):
http://www.level7.nu/texter/read.php?id=58328

APX said:
is there still slowdown when theres lot of players on one place like corners when playing from wide camera angle ? is wide camera angle changed in some ways ?
In the PES5 beta I played there were no slowdowns.

stumpy_uk said:
Hi gang,

Hello man!

I just would like 2know if a "breath bar" were in Pes5. It would be interesting not to run always at the same rythm.

Thanx for answerin'

Can anyone confirm or deny that slow defenders can still catch up with Henry or someone fast if they are running after them in the Beta version. Thanks.

Thanks pilgrim for your informations !!
So, 3 new licences teams in PES5... good news !!

Could you confirm the licence of Bundensliga, Celtics Glasgow and a famous nation team ?
I'ts what we read last week on the magazine PSM2 english issue.

Thanks in advance !! ;)

eagle_eye said:
Can anyone confirm or deny that slow defenders can still catch up with Henry or someone fast if they are running after them in the Beta version. Thanks.
I tried playing with Inter and Martins is really fast. A lot faster than many defenders and I think this aspect of the game were much more balanced in PES5 than in WE8LE.

KAiWAi said:
Thanks pilgrim for your informations !!
So, 3 new licences teams in PES5... good news !!

Could you confirm the licence of Bundensliga, Celtics Glasgow and a famous nation team ?
I'ts what we read last week on the magazine PSM2 english issue.

Thanks in advance !! ;)
I can confirm Celtic, Glasgow Rangers, Chelsea and Arsenal. My Konami contact also said they are working on getting more teams from Premier League licensed in the game.

Regarding Bundesliga; Konami is about to make an announcement on licenses soon...

pilgrim said:
I tried playing with Inter and Martins is really fast. A lot faster than many defenders and I think this aspect of the game were much more balanced in PES5 than in WE8LE.

That's great thanks.

"Regarding Bundesliga; Konami is about to make an announcement on licenses soon..."

Yes... it's probably why Seabass come in Leipzig in 2 weeks !!

pilgrim said:
Here are my impressions from a beta test of PES5 (in swedish):
http://www.level7.nu/texter/read.php?id=58328

Hi Pilgrim you should try and get this Beta test of yours translated to english ,because it was the best and most promising test i read so far
really written with lot of heart and i can see from your words that you are a true winning eleven/ pro evo player so probably easier for you to feel the differences =) beyween the versions loved the preview
and looking forward to playing the game in a few days :)

donthomasso66 said:
Hi Pilgrim you should try and get this Beta test of yours translated to english ,because it was the best and most promising test i read so far
really written with lot of heart and i can see from your words that you are a true winning eleven/ pro evo player so probably easier for you to feel the differences =) beyween the versions loved the preview
and looking forward to playing the game in a few days :)
Thanks a lot Don Thomasso!
I thought about writing it english, but haven't really got the time to do that at the moment. Perhaps you'd like to translate it? ;)

Förväntan
Man kan knappt ha högre förväntningar på ett spel. Jag spelar WE8LE ett par gånger i veckan, men efter att ha testat PES5 ger till och med det en något besk bismak av vetskapen om hur bra den här serien kommer vara i höst. Om inte mina intryck efter tre timmar var helt felaktiga så har Konami verkligen fått till det i år.

This is taken from level 7 i try a small translation of the summary of his impressions

Expectation
You can hardly have higher expectations on a game .I play wele8 a couple of times a week , but after my testplay of PES5 even the we8le game gives me a bad taste when i know how good this PES5 will be this autumn
If not my impressions after 3 hours of play was completely wrong ,then Konami really have got it right this year

Do you lot know there are now 17 teams in Serie A (in real life) thos season?....wonder if it's going to be like that on PES5.

pilgrim: don´t forget now to ask about the replay function when the ball goes out ;)

Back
Top Bottom