PES vs. FIFA - Fanboy Fight Thread......

Re: PES vs. FIFA - The Thread

I do, I have that all the time in PES. I press pass, the guy takes three steps, and then he's ran into the defender.
personally, that has never happened for me. the only times the player doesnt pass when i press pass is when the ball isnt near his feet (ex. when ur running down the wing with r1)

i could be a completely wrong about this but ive always thought the reason this happens is cause he doesnt have the ball near his feet.

ive recently played fifa 07, and noted that the problem it has, its that isnt a football sim, i believe is some kind of sport that only exists in some of the EA developers head, very similar to footbal, but isnt football. The day that EA decide to develop a football sim, whit all de licenses, mo-cap, etc. it will rock.

Until that day, i will stick to PES.

It's amazing to see people falling for the FIFA hype.
EA promises so much every year but doesn't deliver.
FIFA is like a supermodel, gorgeous to look at, but nothing under the surface.

aagree! Dont believe the EA hype! Other ea sport games have also no chance against the 2k series....but so many people buy it,because the ea games are looking better. I am 100% sure so many user here will play or buy fifa 2008 and than after 1 mounth sell the game because it dont have the motivation of a pes game. It is every year the same: PES have better motivation and gameplay!

Fifa = Tekken
PES = Virtua Fighter

Last edited:

YES, YOU MUST LIKE PES AND HATE FIFA. FIFA IS NOT FOOTBALL, FIFA IS AN EA SPORT THEY MAKE UP, IF YOU LIKE FIFA YOU STUPID PERSON. PES IS FOR MAN AND REEL FOOTBALL PERSONS NOT LIKE FIFA FIFA FOR BOYS AND SILLY MANS WHO DON'T PLAY THE REEL BEAUTY GAME.

GO PES

His Sig makes me laugh, Tekken is miles better than virtua fighter

For those that love, love, love PES with a closed mind it doesn't deliver, for those who love football games before loving one specific game it can and often does deliver, for myself it certainly delivers, Fifa 07 next gen was a fairly decent football game, UCL next gen was a fairly good football game, from what I've seen so far of Fifa 08 I hesitantly will guesstimate it'll be a "very good" football game, the proof of the pudding is of course always in the eating so like any intelligent being I will make my final judgement when I've played both of them and seen confirmed content of modes/leagues/manager modes for both of them :)

One could quite easily make an argument for saying that Konami promise so much every year but don't deliver, certainly from my own gaming perspective as someone who only plays singpleplayer career/manager mode in football games Konami have failed to deliver since PES3 on PS2, every year they promise updates and improvements to ML and every year they fail to deliver other than one or two minor additions such as changing development curves from pre-defined to random.......

YES, YOU MUST LIKE PES AND HATE FIFA. FIFA IS NOT FOOTBALL, FIFA IS AN EA SPORT THEY MAKE UP, IF YOU LIKE FIFA YOU STUPID PERSON. PES IS FOR MAN AND REEL FOOTBALL PERSONS NOT LIKE FIFA FIFA FOR BOYS AND SILLY MANS WHO DON'T PLAY THE REEL BEAUTY GAME.

GO PES

JayD do you realy think i am a pes fonboy? :)

I think Fifa is a good footballgame for people who like better grafics,more leagues,better animation.....but for people who prefer better gameplay they should buy PES :)

@Placebo

My Fifa 2007 problem is: After 2-3 weeks playing fifa 07 offline against the stupid com and the every time same scripted goals,crosses... I decieded to play some matches online. BUT this game is not playable online. BUGS BUGS BUGS.

@dazfeeder

thats why you play fifa :lol: Tekken is a buttonsmashing game with no skill. PES is like VF. First you need to lern play the game and than you can play against good players.

In Fifa you need learn the bugs and than you can play against good players. :lol:

Last edited:

aagree! Dont believe the EA hype! Other ea sport games have also no chance against the 2k series....but so many people buy it,because the ea games are looking better. I am 100% sure so many user here will play or buy fifa 2008 and than after 1 mounth sell the game because it dont have the motivation of a pes game. It is every year the same: PES have better motivation and gameplay!

Fifa = Tekken
PES = Virtua Fighter

Agree with the first part, but not the second...

I mean, PES is better than FIFA, but Tekken is way more fun than Virtua Fighter... :P

Now serious...
FIFA 07 (next gen) really seems like a football match, until you try a shoot or a cross, then you see that old FIFA, with player shooting in strange movements, always trying curved shots, trapping in the chest instead of headin the ball...it's pretty disappointing. But they are really in a good way, the passing is really good, the pitch size, the tempo, I think FIFA 08 may become a really good football game.

PES6 in Xbox 360 is ridiculous. I mean, the flow of the game is still good, but the game is too unrealistic, the body balance is everything...the shooting is screwed (not as much as FIFA though). There is nothing about next gen in there. But KONAMI knows how to do the thing, and when they realize that FIFA is approaching, they'll get their lazy ass from the chair and start working...

I believe that FIFA still needs some seasons to be stablished as a great game to play, and PES2008 will get back to PES standards...

@Placebo

My Fifa 2007 problem is: After 2-3 weeks playing fifa 07 offline against the stupid com and the every time same scripted goals,crosses... I decieded to play some matches online. BUT this game is not playable online. BUGS BUGS BUGS.

Maybe I was fortunate then that I came into next gen quite late so even though I bought Fifa 07 it was only about a month before UCL came out so I got that and played it much more than 07, UCL at least I never felt I was doing the same "scripted goals, crosses", can't comment on the online play because I don't play games online, did you try UCL next gen?

I bought Fifa 07 360 second hand for $30SG and sold it last week for $30SG so I was well pleased about that :)

His Sig makes me laugh, Tekken is miles better than virtua fighter

Actually, the beat'em up hardcore fans prefer VF5 by miles. It's a lot harder to master, and very rarely does a novice beat an expert. Unlike Tekken, where anyone can just pick Eddie Gordo and mash the buttons and win.

GO PES

how theatrical ,
i bought both fifa and pes last year and imo pes is the better game.
fifa bores me after one week, whereas pes rewards me months after purchasing.
i am stating my opinion, is that ok?.
one word against fifa and thefore i am a closed mind fanboy?
hardly,
grow up.

@dazfeeder

thats why you play fifa :lol: Tekken is a buttonsmashing game with no skill. PES is like VF. First you need to lern play the game and than you can play against good players.

In Fifa you need learn the bugs and than you can play against good players. :lol:

Lol i dont Finesse in Fifa or use any of the bugs, If you dont believe me watch Xleague on tv and see for yourself, I would murder you at both games becuase it is actually possible to like and be good at both games

@ The power and jonestm

You are right about 07' while it was nice at first the bugs really got to me and I sold it a few months in because of them. But UCL was different and a big improvement in terms of removal of the bugs and made for a much better game and I see this improvemnt continuing with 08'. FIFA and EA are on the right track with their 'NEW' engine.

Also FIFA needs to be mastered, it's no longer pick up and play. Set all the assistance bars to zero and then learn to play a totally free game, once mastered it really gives a new lease to football games. If you approach it like PES the game will not play well. Learn it and after a while you may be suprised.

Lol i dont Finesse in Fifa or use any of the bugs, If you dont believe me watch Xleague on tv and see for yourself, I would murder you at both games becuase it is actually possible to like and be good at both games
Applause for this guy. It is possible to love both Rock music and Trance is it not? If not then I should seriously reconsider my options!

Both games have shortcomings, both games ARENT as good as getting some lads together, going down the local footie pitch or astroturf pitch and having a game :) thats realism :)

At the end of the day its your choice, you choose PES because you think it feels more like what you PERCEIVE as real football. Some people choose FIFA for the exact same reason and NOT because they are RETARDS or people who aint good enough to play PES.. honestly some of the responses ive had back at me are unbelievable at times.

Actually, the beat'em up hardcore fans prefer VF5 by miles. It's a lot harder to master, and very rarely does a novice beat an expert. Unlike Tekken, where anyone can just pick Eddie Gordo and mash the buttons and win.
VF is too hardcore where it takes ages to get the hang of the game. Tekken has the right balance between being easy for beginners and also very indepth if you want to play it at tournament level.
And if you lose to a novice using Eddie Gordo, you only have yourself to blame, not the game.

Neither game has the Argentinian League... what a joke! Only Boca and River, no Racing Club, no San Lorenzo, no Independente, no Newells...

:lol: Take a look @ esl and how they play fifa07.

@VF5 and PES6 you have no chance against me..i promise you :8):

:lol: Take a look @ esl and how they play fifa07.

@VF5 and PES6 you have no chance against me..i promise you :8):

The Power do you have a 360? What's your gamer tag? I would like to challange u on live to a game of PES6.

Yep i have a xbox360 but i dont have pes6 for xbox360, because i play the game online only @pc.

Ok, I have read all the posts in this topic, it was though to make a decission...but FIFA came out as the winner! Congrats FIFA fanboys.

Yep i have a xbox360 but i dont have pes6 for xbox360, because i play the game online only @pc.

well then i would beat you at 360 as you dont even have the game, Pc yeah you would prob win because i play proper football and dont score with cutbacks

Applause for this guy. It is possible to love both Rock music and Trance is it not? If not then I should seriously reconsider my options!

Both games have shortcomings, both games ARENT as good as getting some lads together, going down the local footie pitch or astroturf pitch and having a game :) thats realism :)

At the end of the day its your choice, you choose PES because you think it feels more like what you PERCEIVE as real football. Some people choose FIFA for the exact same reason and NOT because they are RETARDS or people who aint good enough to play PES.. honestly some of the responses ive had back at me are unbelievable at times.

Lol I love metal and trance music too

Back
Top Bottom