PES2010 discussion thread

Re: PES2010 News & Rumours thread

I didn't bother with 1.04 because it would ruin my option file. Unless there are gameplay changes i.e. referees/penalties, I wont bother again.

Hope that rumour is true and they add some more missing players :)

Yeah like Maxi Rodriguez has just disappeared off the face of the earth after the last DLC. He's left Athletico, but he has got lost somewhere on the way to Merseyside ? :CONFUSE:

I hope updated national team! kits, players and formations.

2010 is the W.C.'s year.

sorry but dont get your hopes up...i would be the happiest man on earth if they finish the trasnfers...+kits, formations, national teams...ehh too much to ask

all the transfers are done? i see the big ones yes, and they updated lineups, even wolverhamptons, and maybe they added face to zubar?

ehhh ENKE KONAMI!!!:RANT::CONFUSE:

Last edited:
How do you add custom chants on the 360 version? When i goto Edit teams then select Chants, it allows you to change the Chants stance or something but i don't see an option to import chants.

How do you add custom chants on the 360 version? When i goto Edit teams then select Chants, it allows you to change the Chants stance or something but i don't see an option to import chants.

You cant add Custom Chants on the Xbox 360 unless your console if flashed and your using a 'back-up' version of the game. There is no way to import chants via the option files on the Xbox 360.

Yesterday my HD tv broke so now i have to use an old Standard Definition 15" tv and Pro Evo looks remarkably better on this screen than my old HD one. You can't see all the bad animations because the screen is fuzzy.

The speed feels perfect too which is strange. Not too fast like usual.

It reminds me more of when i used to play PES 5 before HD tv's were prominent rather than playing PES 2010.

Try it.

Last edited:
Yesterday my HD tv broke so now i have to use an old Standard Definition 15" tv and Pro Evo looks remarkably better on this screen than my old HD one. You can't see all the bad animations because the screen is fuzzy.

It reminds me more of when i used to play PES 5 before HD tv's were prominent rather than playing PES 2010.

So what do you think? Did KONAMI do well this year?

So what do you think? Did KONAMI do well this year?

I like the game, feels like a throwback to PES 5/6 much more so than 2008/2009. I like the tactical feel of the game and the way it limits you to a certain extent because it is very much attribute driven. I don't mind that it is less fluid because of that, in Fifa i feel like i can do anything at any moment and that it doesn't matter which player i am controlling and the limitations i should have in certain situations.

...but PES is still too fast, too many back heels, too many bullet headers, long shots are always aimed towards goal they never balloon wide, AI defence stands off you too much 25 yards out from goal

and the animations are just awful, they let the game down more so than any other factor.

I think the game has the basics right, but it should never have taken this long to get to that point as everybody is quick to point out.

7/10 from me.

I am thinking of getting the PC version of the game as there are some changes I would like to try out, but to do this on the PS3 would take ages and there looks like some really good editors out there.

Does anyone know if there still level of detail editors for the PC version? I have done a quick search, but cant see any or it may be included in with the editors.

Also, anyone know which patch seems best for the PC and if anyone cracked adding crowds to new stadiums?

I am thinking of getting the PC version of the game as there are some changes I would like to try out, but to do this on the PS3 would take ages and there looks like some really good editors out there.

Does anyone know if there still level of detail editors for the PC version? I have done a quick search, but cant see any or it may be included in with the editors.

Also, anyone know which patch seems best for the PC and if anyone cracked adding crowds to new stadiums?
I had the same thought so i DL PES 2010 demo for PC just to see if i was able to run the game. It didnt and that is why i left the pc to play on xbo so i dont have to tweak the game in so many different ways. The game should run smooth and i have all recomended specs. It says good, ok, good and good in the settings.

So how is online for this game? has it changed? is it smooth with no lag? I haven't been online for ages...

Horrible

The lag is annoying simply because you can't switch quick enough but it doesn't happen all the time and is nowhere near as bad as 2008 was for me per say. The reason online is unplayable is that the AI on your team is set to regular so most of the players on the pitch make terrible decisions. In addition the quick players can easily just run past the players you aren't controlling and more often than not when they do they can take a shot an open shot in which your awful keeper does his best not to come off his line or attempt to save with any conviction.

TO TAKE THE BISCUIT THERE'S NO INCENTIVE TO PLAY AS ANY TEAM BUT THE TOP 5 TEAMS! :RANT:

In fairness i can't imagine how bad the other teams would be considering the AI issue.

Atleast FIFA 10 tries to hide the lag so it looks smooth still. They do however still refuse to ackowledge the momentum swings that everybody who has played FIFA online has noticed but hey atleast it is playable.

Last edited:

Try it.

Second this completely. I stopped playing PES 2010 in HD because the rigid animations were quite jarring. I play on my decent flat screen 21" Phillips CRT and the game looks very very good, you don't notice the animations as much because they are blurred out, the game seems to be smoother.

Online for me is variable, I've had nights where I've played 10 games pretty much all smooth, and other nights where 1 game is laggy, the next smooth etc.

Its been worse in previous versions TBH. On the 360, things improve if you put the Xbox's IP address into the DMZ, you host more games as well.

Last edited:
Think it's the best version, way ahead of FIFA, for me it even surpasses PES 5/6.

Sorry m8, i have to disagree there.pes 5/6 were far superior in terms of gameplay,if thats your point? in terms of graphical quality pes10 blows the competition out of the water.:))

Pes edit patch seems to be most peoples favourite.

Sorry m8, i have to disagree there.pes 5/6 were far superior in terms of gameplay,if thats your point? in terms of graphical quality pes10 blows the competition out of the water.:))

Ignoring the outdated and rigid animations the game has far more depth than it is being credited for.

AI and tactics
Player individuality
Ball physics
Ball control, first touch, dribbling system

are all superior to the older games. I think once 2011 comes out and it is compared back to 2010, people will see what Konami were trying to do and realize that the game was better than they initially thought.

In PES 5 and 6 you could score certain goals by the doing the same things over and over.

This is not possible in PES 2010.

Comparing PES 5 and 6 to PES 2010 is a disgrace.

In PES 5 and 6 you could score certain goals by the doing the same things over and over.

This is not possible in PES 2010

Comparing PES 5 and 6 to PES 2010 is a disgrace.

Its more possible because imo the defensive AI is still not as hard as in pes5.dont get me wrong i still get loads of enjoyment from pes2010 but i think/hope pes 2011 is gonna be truly amazing.

@shorty alien,agreed you make some good points there,but when the refs are clearly broke,it counts for little.

Its more possible because imo the defensive AI is still not as hard as in pes5.dont get me wrong i still get loads of enjoyment from pes2010 but i think/hope pes 2011 is gonna be truly amazing.

well, I think he made a good point there, in PES 6 e.g. you could score everytime by running then turning 180° and passing in the middle, well.

In PES 2010 it's not that obvious, imo (still don't think it's a great game)

Last edited:

@shorty alien,agreed you make some good points there,but when the refs are clearly broke,it counts for little.

That is a sticking point definitely, and they've mentioned it in the press conference for 2011. I suppose it makes the game flow but there are blatant fouls and penalties that aren't given :CONFUSE:

it really kills the game for me...the lack of calls for those blatant fouls and penaltly, is really frustrating....the gameplay is amazing. The shooting need tweaking, cause that delay when you shoot is really annoying,you find some space to shoot but its all pointless since it take 5 hours for the player to set himself up to take a shot at goal, the animation is just too slow, and the way you cant strike a ball first time is annoying, the player always seem to take a touch first then take a shot...

Hoping to get my game today on the PS3. I've read that some option files don't work with DLC. Does that mean I can still update using the patch but not go into the DLC section in the game and things should still work?

And what OF do most people use? The Championship patch sounds the best but Chimps/Gerds sounds good as well?

Well i do not think PES2010 is easier than PES6 or 5 not at all.

Its the first time that i have struggeled winning the World Cup with smaller teams.
When you pick Brazil yes you will find it pretty easy. But i doubt you can take Thailand to the final and win it.

Back
Top Bottom