PES2010 discussion thread

it really kills the game for me...the lack of calls for those blatant fouls and penaltly, is really frustrating....the gameplay is amazing. The shooting need tweaking, cause that delay when you shoot is really annoying,you find some space to shoot but its all pointless since it take 5 hours for the player to set himself up to take a shot at goal, the animation is just too slow, and the way you cant strike a ball first time is annoying, the player always seem to take a touch first then take a shot...

You can strike a ball first time, I've done it plenty of times :). It's not that the dribbling or ball control is too slow, the game is simulating how players would take touches to control the ball or set themselves up for a shot. It's a combination of ball physics, the control system and player stats. Use R2/RT more for close control if you're finding it difficult, that helps a lot.

You can strike a ball first time, I've done it plenty of times :). It's not that the dribbling or ball control is too slow, the game is simulating how players would take touches to control the ball or set themselves up for a shot. It's a combination of ball physics, the control system and player stats. Use R2/RT more for close control if you're finding it difficult, that helps a lot.

Amen. PES 2010 isnt some crash, bang, whallop arcade game, it's a true simulation. Ref's aside, the game is outstanding if you know what looking for.

Yep, I had to go in and download the DLC first, then copy the edit file over. Working fine now.

Doing a World Cup with my mate, I've just scored a stoppage time goal to qualify Ukraine, brilliant! My mate is Wales and needs two goals against Finland to go through but it's not looking good.

Brilliant game :D

Lami, can you recommend a good chants pack? I've got an OF which has Championship teams in.

Edit: Incidently, the refs are utter garbage. I've had two players sent off now. One was from my defender not even touching the player (replays show he was a foot or so away), the other was a tackle from the side where a booking might even have been harsh. Terrible decisions and does take away a lot of the shine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I had to go in and download the DLC first, then copy the edit file over. Working fine now.

Doing a World Cup with my mate, I've just scored a stoppage time goal to qualify Ukraine, brilliant! My mate is Wales and needs two goals against Finland to go through but it's not looking good.

Brilliant game :D

Lami, can you recommend a good chants pack? I've got an OF which has Championship teams in.

It's a case of collecting the chants from here, there and everywhere Dags. I have all the Championship Teams chants, all Premier League and the best of Europe so far stored on my PS3 HD. Konami only allowed 64 slots though for chants, so I just change them as and when I need them. The only plus point to this is that the game remembers where you last put the chants which is pretty good, and assigns them to the correct teams.

Try this thread for starters .....

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55069

Also, I have just downloaded the Tommeson chant pack for the PC. It has thousands of chants for pretty much all teams, domestic and national. They are all Adx. files though, but I have downloaded a converter for free to convert them to MP3. I'm just on with that though, it's a work in progress.

Chants are a HUGE must though, brings the game to life. As does the Broadcast Camera 1.

Edit- The Refs are shite, ironically though, usually the other way. You can murder someone without even a warning.

Last edited:
Don't know. Haven't played it much really. It's a very good mode that I wanted for a long time but playing the same team every time when not in the first team instead of playing other team's reserves has bored me.

It's a case of collecting the chants from here, there and everywhere Dags. I have all the Championship Teams chants, all Premier League and the best of Europe so far stored on my PS3 HD. Konami only allowed 64 slots though for chants, so I just change them as and when I need them. The only plus point to this is that the game remembers where you last put the chants which is pretty good, and assigns them to the correct teams.

Try this thread for starters .....

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55069

Also, I have just downloaded the Tommeson chant pack for the PC. It has thousands of chants for pretty much all teams, domestic and national. They are all Adx. files though, but I have downloaded a converter for free to convert them to MP3. I'm just on with that though, it's a work in progress.
Chants are a HUGE must though, brings the game to life. As does the Broadcast Camera 1.

Edit- The Refs are shite, ironically though, usually the other way. You can murder someone without even a warning.

Go on jimmy! who would have thought it,jimmy getting all computer tech :SHOCK: only joking m8 ;) nice to see the usual faces around.

When it comes to chantpacks i dont bother because for pc they are too repetitive and are often too LOUD, and some can be racist or crude.what i do is go into edit mode and change the default chants for chant patterns ie liverpool=british pattern barca=spanish pattern ect. I think these chants are better and sound like the ones konami used before pes2008.

I don't suppose there's an editor to edit PS3 OF's on a PC as opposed to doing all the work on the console?

Problem with Xbox Live 360 Pro Evo 2010

Hi

Can anyone help?
I am trying to enter competitions on my xbox live within the online option on Pro evo 2010.

However, it said i need to go to system settings - options and then download the updates. I did this and downloaded the updates apart from the demo (1gb file - not enough memory).

However, when trying to enter competition it says i do not have the most upto date downloads?

Can anyone help, i have just began playing and only hold a 1month gold membership trial, would this affect this or is there any easy answer?

Thanks in advance,

Very frustated Jay

Have re-bought PES 2010 and I'm selling FIFA WC. FIFA is not enjoyable for me anymore, I'm just picking holes in it constantly, the defending is abysmal, the player switching is a farce and it just doesn't move or feel like a football game to me.

Even though I feel I've done everything in PES this year (played it for 4 months solid) I'd rather play some exhibition matches or my own world cup with a solid game than 'manage' with a new game that's so infuriating.

My mate came around on Saturday and we spent about 7/8 hours playing PES 2010 and FIFA WC. My mate is the same as me in that he's been a FIFA fan for a few years now, since PES went really downhill.

I've been converted back to PES over the last few months so straight away I put him on PES in an exhibition game. He wasn't overly enthusiastic and didn't look like he could be bothered, FIFA's been the better game for a while and the PES 2010 demo was awful.

He plays his first game and he actually got on really well with it, commenting on how the speed of the game is better, the flow is better and it just felt more fun.

So then we went over to FIFA WC (which he hadn't played yet), and had a game on that. Asking him which game he wanted to do a tournament in, there was no hesiation, PES.

So we spent hours doing a (failed) World Cup, then doing some Champions League games. Had tons of fun with it and there was far more excitement and "out of your chair" moments in those hours with PES than we'd had in FIFA for a long time.

Wouldn't be surprised if he goes and buys PES now.

@DagsJT - I had a similar experience with my mate a few weeks ago. He used to be a big PES fan but gave up on it after PES6 and has played Fifa solidly since. We played some games of Fifa10 followed by some PES2010, but we had the more laughs playing PES and I think he was really surprised by it. He said it was more of a football game and there was something about it. I expect to see him playing PES now.

Does anyone know what the all the FIFA WC adboards look like? I've seen some on youtube etc but I don't have a console, just PC.
Screenshots of the new ones would be nice!

Have re-bought PES 2010 and I'm selling FIFA WC. FIFA is not enjoyable for me anymore, I'm just picking holes in it constantly, the defending is abysmal, the player switching is a farce and it just doesn't move or feel like a football game to me.

Even though I feel I've done everything in PES this year (played it for 4 months solid) I'd rather play some exhibition matches or my own world cup with a solid game than 'manage' with a new game that's so infuriating.

Matt, you seriously need to join this PEEL site mate, it's awesome fun. The best thing I've ever done. It's my heaven. :)

You can test the waters by going online and into EU08-Any4 Lobby. Everyone from the site hangs out there, and you can play proper football with proper people, with great connections. Not cut-backs, no sprint whores, no cheap goals and no Premium Teams. PES at its very, very best.

I had my second league game of the season last night and got my first win with the mighty Lille.

Check here .....

http://peelcommunity.ipbfree.com/index.php?showtopic=7127&st=0&#entry47918

Dags, did you get the chants sorted ?

I grabbed Festa's pack that had Prem, Turkish and Olympiakos chants but haven't installed them yet. Not sure if I'll get around to it tonight as I've got a lot of studying to do but I'm sure I'll sort it out no probs :)

Matt, you seriously need to join this PEEL site mate, it's awesome fun. The best thing I've ever done. It's my heaven. :)

You can test the waters by going online and into EU08-Any4 Lobby. Everyone from the site hangs out there, and you can play proper football with proper people, with great connections. Not cut-backs, no sprint whores, no cheap goals and no Premium Teams. PES at its very, very best.

I had my second league game of the season last night and got my first win with the mighty Lille.

Check here .....

http://peelcommunity.ipbfree.com/index.php?showtopic=7127&st=0&#entry47918

Dags, did you get the chants sorted ?

Will do Jimmy. I need some practice first before I take you lot on though :TU:.

Just play as Shakhtar Donetsk. Jimmy can't handle them.:))

:LOL:

I still cant Jamez. :CONFUSE:

Seriously,you dont need to even join the league,play in the lobby with some of the members and you'll soon see how throughly enjoyable PES is to play online. These guys arent superstars, just fair players who play for fun with lesser teams.

The idea of not having to play as just the top teams sounds brilliant but do you really have fun online still despite the woeful decision to set the AI to regular?

The idea of not having to play as just the top teams sounds brilliant but do you really have fun online still despite the woeful decision to set the AI to regular?

There are rules bud, and one of them is the AI is set to Top Player, Randon Arrow Conditions as well. We only play friendlies in the lobby, not ranked matches, that way we can set it to these conditions. In the league, the home team writes up the match report. Mange Tout, everyones a winner. ;)

Check the site out and you will see, just click the link in my signature, and if you want to check out the main site to see the league tables etc, it's all there.

Studying done, going to have my tea and squeeze in some PES before settling down to watch 24 and Chuck :)

So my HD TV has gone to be fixed and will be away for 3 to 20 days so I'm back to playing on a SDTV. And I now have a big problem. The speed of the game somehow has increased immensely.

Everything zips around at a super fast pace and it's become terrible to play. I'm having to pass the ball asap because the ai players are super fast and close me down in seconds and when a loose ball happens by the time I've seen it and pressed a button the ai has already reacted and is walking away with the ball or my player has controlled the ball and so he stands there locked in a 'control the ball and then adjust to shooting animation' giving the AI plenty of time to intercept/tackle.

I've lost count of the amount of goals I've missed out on scoring because I can't keep up with the pace and my player has controlled the ball before I can react and hit shoot.

:(

I have no idea why it's happened but has anyone else found this? Could it just be because the sdtv is much smaller in size and its just my eyes are fooling me into thinking its quicker as there is less space on screen?

Back
Top Bottom