PS2 HDD Utility >> > www.hdloader.com

This almost sounds too good to be true.
Considering I know nothing about how to fiddle about with the innards of a console, is it really as simple as it sounds to install a network adaptor and HDD without any hiccups?
I'm using a flip-top lid and Swap Magic 2.0 for my imports (i.e WE games :mrgreen: ) so if i was to get the necessary parts (network adaptor, 40GB+ Maxtor IDE HDD, and HD Loader) and install them, then can you really just copy any game you want to the HD? If this is true i'll definitely be getting me some of that!

After having a quick look around, i reckon i can get HD Loader for £20, the network adaptor for about £23, and a 80GB Maxtor IDE HDD for £45. Does anyone know if this is the cheapest way of getting all three, or are there any bundles going for cheaper?

ps - are rental versions of games any different from the retail copies? ;)

last question before i order the hdd loader! Can you put the games through pc on your hd (we/pes patched games for example)? Without the need to burn them? grts

Elite said:
last question before i order the hdd loader! Can you put the games through pc on your hd (we/pes patched games for example)? Without the need to burn them? grts

no that is not possible. it has nothin to do with hdloader. hdloader is a ps2 disk that can only be used in ps2 and when ps2 is on and connected to a tv and you can only install games by swapping... in another words, no. :twisted:

danGerMouse said:
This almost sounds too good to be true.
Considering I know nothing about how to fiddle about with the innards of a console, is it really as simple as it sounds to install a network adaptor and HDD without any hiccups?

It's only a matter or putting the HD in the Network adapter, then screwing the Network Adapter in. (If the HD fits without modification, Maxtor ones do.

You have to put in HD Loader everytime you want to play a game off the HD, although you could just keep it in!

danGerMouse said:
ps - are rental versions of games any different from the retail copies? ;)

Always works for me, although you can't go online with them (DNAS problem) and I don't condone piracy :twisted:

Got it,
Installed a 700 kb on a memory card so I boot the hd loader from the mem card now so no more booting from the tray from the odd time I install a game.

We7int menus load ALOT faster.

My installed one is the www.ps2ownz.com version-'

Got a dms3 chip so things are easy for me
www.dms3.com

did this
Installed dev exploere (www.dms3.com) (installed via a cd)
Put 700 kb hd loader on a cd
Installed hd loader
Press triangle to boot hloader
Boot games
Works now when enabled atad and m16 : ) wonderfulllll

soman said:
Got it,
Installed a 700 kb on a memory card so I boot the hd loader from the mem card now so no more booting from the tray from the odd time I install a game.

We7int menus load ALOT faster.

My installed one is the www.ps2ownz.com version-'

Got a dms3 chip so things are easy for me
www.dms3.com

did this
Installed dev exploere (www.dms3.com) (installed via a cd)
Put 700 kb hd loader on a cd
Installed hd loader
Press triangle to boot hloader
Boot games
Works now when enabled atad and m16 : ) wonderfulllll

You have the hd loader on a mem card please explain how thanks

oh I have a messiah 1 with an old ps2 will I have any probs

The chip has to be able to boot stuff from the Memory Card. Theres a 700 kb version of hd loader floating around, just an elf file.

there is one thing bad about it.

u can't play games onlines with the DNAS thing. (and now, almost 99% of the games are with DNAS) so that's why i wont be buyin this thing.

soman said:
The chip has to be able to boot stuff from the Memory Card. Theres a 700 kb version of hd loader floating around, just an elf file.

You can use the Memory Card exploit, I have a tutorial but don't know whether I'm allowed to post it.

Games Discussion mods? do I have permission

wolvesfan said:
You can use the Memory Card exploit, I have a tutorial but don't know whether I'm allowed to post it.

Games Discussion mods? do I have permission

Any decision on if this can be posted or not ?

please PM me i need a link on how to get my HD Loader to boot from MEM card, I have paid for my copy and have been using it for a while but having to put the disc in to play is getting annoying.

I have DMS3 chip so I asumme I can get it too boot without a disc in drive, THANKS

If you have a V9 than you still need a disc in your drive when bootin from MC... any disk but you still need it. Newer systems have some sort of bug, authentication problem and unless you have 'some' disk in your drive, hdloader won't get past the loading screen... :lol:

yet but can someone just explain to me how the hell I get HDD Loader onto mem card please.

I bought my version but I take it i need to get this small version???

if the files are so small anychance someone can just email it to me please.............

harvy2001@hotmail.com

*goes to ebuyer and checks up the prices*

what bout this

im sure it will work, but i thought i better check

my ps2 is going through some upgrades, online and this :D

sounds fun :D

nufc_fan123 said:
*goes to ebuyer and checks up the prices*

what bout this

im sure it will work, but i thought i better check

my ps2 is going through some upgrades, online and this :D

sounds fun :D

Heeeeeeee m8! I bought that one and it works GREAT! grts.. Been using it for the last 4 days grts :mrgreen:

SO can you patch WE7i and burn it to a CDRW and then copy that to the hard drive? Cuz you can't normally run CDRWs.

And can't UK people do any of this? I have a UK console, can't I use a US hard drive?

RuneEdge said:
SO can you patch WE7i and burn it to a CDRW and then copy that to the hard drive? Cuz you can't normally run CDRWs.

And can't UK people do any of this? I have a UK console, can't I use a US hard drive?

only if your ps2 can read cdrw or dvd+/-rw............

Yeah. Mines can cuz read CDRWs. I have the new PS2+ version.
But I'm in the UK so can I use a US harddriveon a UK console?

This is great! I tested PS2OWNZ version with my leftover Seagate 40G drive. Of the titles I tested, all except Football Kingdom were installed and run successfully.

However. it seems there's a bug -- on each bootup, the first title installs without a hitch but the program emits an error (sth like "not enough disk space") on the subsequent titles I try to install. Strangely, give it a second try and it installs normally.

In addition, each title seems to consume more disk space than its given size.

Does anyone know if you can plug in a harddrive into the UK network adaptor?

Back
Top Bottom