Re: FIFA 10 Manager Mode Thread...

Re: FIFA 10 Manager Mode Thread

Thanks for advice Placebo.

I'll make sure to save the 'personal' settings each time as well then.

The worse thing is when you start again PLF and get a decent run you get lulled into a sense that everything is going to be okay and then bang.. four seasons in and for no reason it blobs again...:RANT: :P

I know what you mean bro but hey guess you been luckier than I have. I mean the longest I've ever gone is HALF a season!! If I could have a mode go 3 or 4 seasons, I'd be grateful! :D Of course I can understand how heartbreaking that must be when you've advanced a team to that stage, built an empire almost and then suddenly BOOM!

Because despite all the shortcomings and unfulfilled promises and Marcel's hype, etc. , like I said before, I DO really enjoy it! The football on the pitch is fantastic (okay it's not perfection but it's the best football game I've ever played still) and then all I need is the 'manager' feeling of building a team, getting rid of deadwood, keeping the right balance of youth/old, etc. which I love doing.

So I really love this mode. Without it, I can't just do friendlies or play with friends, not same. But so far, no luck.

If it doesn't crash on me, I'm a happy man. I can live with the shortcomings, they're good enough for me and FIFA11 is still too far away tho!

Congrats :) I'd love to play this again but too many changed have happened in real life for me to start from scratch again :(

Well I'm into my 11th season now and I think this is as far as i will get, the board has gone crazy as I now must win everything, a couple of losses in the league and the confidence is hammered, I have had to have one restart for the first time ever that was not down to the game freezing or a glitch..

I was knocked out of the League Cup, which was not a even a board priority as there is only three and they were win CL, win the league and win the FA cup?..

Man, I doubt even Man United or Barca put that pressure on the Manager, anyhow, after the game I lost virtually all my Board confidence and despite still being in Europe and heading the Premiership by five points (which I had won the season before along with the FA Cup and Community Shield), and also beating the second place side Man City 4-0 in the next game, the board decided "They did not like the direction I was taking the club and in accordance with article 99.4 blah.. blah... your services are no longer required"...

I was gutted, but on restarting and winning that game it seems clear unless you win EVERY game in every competition you are doomed, this makes 15 seasons impossible in my book, I'd love to see what would happen if you were only in the Championship at this stage, it may be like this because over the last four or so seasons I have won all the trophies there are apart from the Europa Cup, but still it's crazy to be expected to just win everything all the time.. Hey ho! roll on 11... :P

I'm amazed you've been able to make it so far, I don't think I've made it beyond season 3 with FIFA 10!

You know, one of the issues I see mentioned quite a lot on the forums, and is a big issue for me, is the general playability of FIFA's MM in the past, and I'm not talking about bugs. The biggest issue seems to be that people frequently will end their careers as the game world becomes increasingly populated by fake players. I think we all know why fake players suck as they are now so I won't go into that.

Anyways, it'd be a good thing to ask about when you get your lucky hands on CM next week - how do they plan to extend the appeal of CM? I'm sure one answer will be they have already done so by combining MM with BAP but I'm talking from the perspective of a fan of MM (I dunno about you but I couldn't care less about BAP-style play).

An obvious solution is to bring greater realism to the fake players but I'd like to suggest an additional, more radical, solution: multiple world reset options. One option would be to reset the entire world except for your manager. What'd be nice about this is that you'd then be able to manage, say, barca with their current roster and not have a gimp of a manager. It would solve the problems of a) managing a top club but not having clout in the transfer market because you have low rep; and b) you wouldn't be stuck with a barca full of fake players or an unrealistic squad due to the computers transfers.

Another option would be to reset the game world, like the first, but in addition to your manager, your current squad/club remains the same. This would solve the problem that I frequently that once you a half dozen seasons or so into the game, though you may like the progression of your current club, it is not that enjoyable playing against an unrecognizable Liverpool or Arsenal team. Not only might you be playing against many of the dreaded fake players, but also we,re at the mercy of the computer's transfer decisions, though I suppose that's meant to be improved this year.

I know these suggestions may not sit well with the ultra "realist" crowd but these would be only options, and anyways, as I mentioned, the MM as it has been already suffers from a lack of realism as the seasons progress. I'd love to hear other ideas on how to sustain, and improve, the mode's enjoyment level.

Hey, I'm at work, and can't check it, but do you know if you can search players by nationality in MM? It's always a bitch trying to find all clubs with danish players, and just thought that it may be possible through MM.

Thanks,

You cannot search by nationality in MM. I'd like that option too.

From the screenshots we've seen of 11's Career Mode so far, it doesn't look like it will be in there either. Shame.

detailedsearch.jpg

You cannot search by nationality in MM. I'd like that option too.

From the screenshots we've seen of 11's Career Mode so far, it doesn't look like it will be in there either. Shame.

detailedsearch.jpg

Yeah, I saw that screenshot as well, but there is a scroll-bar, so probably more options available.

Thanks for the answer though, I've never used the search in MM (or at least can't remember I've used it). Back to scouring wikipedia for updated danish transfers then...unless Fifa 11 adds it.

I assumed the scroll bar was for the list of players on the right. When Marcel talks about his searches in the article I don't think he mentions any settings other than the ones you can see in the window.

Nah, the scroll bar is for the search parameters. They still have age range, and maybe value not visible in that list.

Fingers crossed then, in that case.

I've often wanted to search by nationality. When managing a small club I always feel it's slightly more realistic to look for players of the same nationality as your club, particularly when bringing in younger players.

Can you ask them if they feel ashamed that Fifa10 was released with a manager mode that was fundamentally broken in just about every way when they knew that they were never going to release updates to fix it?

Fingers crossed then, in that case.

I've often wanted to search by nationality. When managing a small club I always feel it's slightly more realistic to look for players of the same nationality as your club, particularly when bringing in younger players.

I'd really like this too. Especially after playing the WC game and no where does it mention what club team players are at!

Can you ask them if they feel ashamed that Fifa10 was released with a manager mode that was fundamentally broken in just about every way when they knew that they were never going to release updates to fix it?

Or you could skip the question and go straight to shoving a pie in someone's face.

But maybe do that AFTER you get all our questions answered.

Yeah make sure it's after.

You could end with;

"Wow, it's been a great day and thanks for letting me come over. Now one last thing.......FIFA10.....*smack*.

Bye."

Into my 12 season now with Leeds, there is a distinct lack of top quality players now (nearly all retired and no one has grown to fill their boots) and the number of no names means every team seems to have at least one in the starting 11... :ROLL:

Missed out on the fourth title of my career by a point in the last game of the season, losing 2-1 to Liverpool and lost in the semi final of the FA cup to Man City, with a clear dive on the edge of the box, giving City a free kick which they scored in the 90+ minute to sink me...

Went on to beat Real Madrid in the CL final though 2-1 after leading for most of the game and conceding in the 88min, but then escaped the penalty lottery with a great curling finish 3 Min's from the end of extra time...:P

Will I make 15 before 11... :PIRATE:

Last edited:
LMAO,

Sounds like uh....fun? :D

Has anyone ever made the 15 seasons though? You should ring up Guiness! We can have The One Show around just as you finish the last match of the 15th season!

My average is prob 4 or 5, although never made it pass two last year. Just can't stand playing anymore once teams are full of fake players and the world no longer resembles the real one. Also, I'm always coming up with new ideas of "what would I do with team x" and it makes more sense to start fresh.

I would've played but the freaking game kept crashing/freezing so yah I never even got to do more than 2 season in FIFA10!

Had a Penalty shoot out the other night and only one player in there line up had a name, the first four and the keeper were all blank...:D
I should have put the commentary back on, I've no Idea how this works with the no names as I have it off all the time...:SS

Last edited:
Nick, do you know how the money income works in FIFA11 CM? Is it still only sponsor income after winning a game or do we now have the ticket sales, new sponsors, season tickets, shirt sales, etc etc...?

Nick, do you know how the money income works in FIFA11 CM? Is it still only sponsor income after winning a game or do we now have the ticket sales, new sponsors, season tickets, shirt sales, etc etc...?

No I can't remember seeing a sponsor screen at all :THINK: That does not mean there isn't one I spent a hell of a lot of time taking notes so I may just have missed it...:P

The Board set us a budget and goals when we signed the contract at the beginning and this then altered as you went on depending on your performance, as I recall the ticket price was in the staff screen on 10 and that has gone.
I don't remember any other screen to change figures except altering the TF budget by reshuffling your kitty to wage budget, this you can do three times a season. This will be a blessing for us lower league guys...:PIRATE:

Thanks, and it's indeed a welcome feature. I'm thinking of starting my career at Sheffield Wednesday. They're in League One now and I want to bring them back to the big guns in the Premier League (unless another bigger club wants me... sssshhhhh). :)

Back
Top Bottom