Re: FIFA 10 Manager Mode Thread...

Re: FIFA 10 Manager Mode Thread

Any other 'common' knowledge bugs/work-arounds like this? If you hadn't mentioned this, a few weeks back, I would've had no idea about this and keep being baffled by the rejections. Thanks for sharing this.

Just watch loan deals. I cant sign anybody in my second season because I "already have 2 players on loan" :(

Think I am going to miss out on promotion to the prem, though I have an outside chance of making the playoffs.

I fear I will just give up on my MM once UT comes out though.

So there' a limit of 2 loans in per season in this game regardless of the league you're playing in?

I am not sure to be honest, but I got stuck not being able to sign anyone as 2 were loaned or on loan, I cant remember.

a bit of a pain as I had persuaded Robert Pires to join my leeds side only for me to have to reject him when he agreed.

Why it lets you do all the negotiating for a player only to tell you at the end you cant sign him is yet another MM bug I suppose :(

Finished my second season with Rayo Vallecano today :)
It was overall a successful season as we managed to avoid the drop, and finish comfortably in mid table (12th).
I really fancied a change of clubs and i managed to get my manager rating up to 2 and a half stars - yet the only teams that decided to offer me a job, where a handful os sides from the Coca Cola League 2 :(

Really? That's weird and fucked up in its own way then.

Cuz when we start with HALF a star as reputation, then you'd expect those League 2 clubs to be only ones interested as they're the weakest teams in the game database along with perhaps League of Ireland, etc. but at 2 and a half stars, more attractive clubs should be after you. I'm guessing you at least had offers from better League 2 clubs though than the likes of Grimsby town though! So perhaps promotion-seeking sides? Although that'd still be messed up... not a very good piece of news. :/

Yeah, i am not too familiar with the promotion chasing sides in the league, but from results and tables i've seen on sky sports and various other programs i know that Bury are up there challenging for promotion - so at least they made an offer :/

Any other 'common' knowledge bugs/work-arounds like this? If you hadn't mentioned this, a few weeks back, I would've had no idea about this and keep being baffled by the rejections. Thanks for sharing this.

Where's that list with all the known MM bugs (even post patches) that was hanging around before, I'd like to review them.

PLF, here's a link to longgg list of known issues... :P

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/11545766-post301.html

None, it's console talk.

Question;
I've recently been "spending" 10 pound on transfers every other week in MM, does that mean I'll soon be 2bil in debt?

PLF, here's a link to longgg list of known issues... :P

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/11545766-post301.html

Thanks Nick.

Although a few on this list (sadly only a few) have been fixed after thepatch such as the assist/GK clean sheet thing or players you loan out being sold from what I understand, etc.

And the fact that players you shortlist will never accept your offer if you bid for them without removing them from shortlist isn't mentioned in there. It's things like that which I'd love to know though if there's more of since we're stuck with this buggy mode which for now I suppose the best we can do is try to enjoy it and avoid things which result in freezes/more problems.

p.s. I wonder with all these random bugs and crashes, what's the longest manager mode any one has ever had with FIFA10 MM? (Not necessarily people on Evo-web but in general) 4 seasons? lool. Cuz by the sounds of everything I've read, you're REALLY lucky if you've played 3-4 seasons without a showstopper bug or it freezing on you altogether. If this is true, it sorta makes long-term planning (signing youngsters rather than better players) useless.

That's fantastic to hear.

Good luck with that buddy. Hope I haven't jinxed it. :P

Well i started my new MM with Boro last night,

first of all i'd like to thank placebo for getting the boro team spot on. like in real life i play well with them and create chances, but end up drawing or losing lol.

i played 5 games last night, the 4 pre-season games and the first league game before i went on clubs. the first was against forest where i played my strongest team and beat them 3-1 at home with the forest goal being a wonder volley from earnshaw outside the box, the second was away at the 'green arrrmy' and i played my subs/reserves to give them all a run out and see what they could bring to the 1st team. i absolutely battered them for possession and attampts on goal, but lost 2-1 due to an own goal. the third was at home to arsenal, where it ended up being damage limitation, i give away 2 penalties with diaby converting both and it ended up 4-1 to the gunners. last game of pre-season was away to eint. frankfurt and it was a scrappy 1-1 draw, same story of not converting chances.

after pre-season the board confidence was down a bit from the starting point, so not a great start to my career as a manager. the 1st 11 and subs for the first game of the season are as follows:-

Coyne

McMahon Wheater Mcmanus Naughton

Flood O'Niel Robson Franks

Killen Macdonald

subs: Lita, Miller, Aliadiere, Williams and Pogatetz

first game of the season is away to peterborough, it should be a win according to the odds at william hill, but it wasn't plain sailing. they didn't cause much of a threat going forward, but defensively they were on form. the midfield dropped deep in to the hole just infront of the back 4 and cut out most of the balls on the floor, i was left to long balls over the midfield and crossing and went close with a couple of headers. it got to 80 mins and i'm thinking this is going to end 0-0, in the 86th minute i get a freekick just off centre about 20 yards out. i completely mess up the power and kick it straight at the wall, but it sneaks through the wall at waist level and inside the near post. i'm relieved more than anything, i manage to get a second in injury time on the counter after they pushed bodies forward. it felt like a proper championship game, really enjoyed trying to break them down and changing the style of play.

next up is a battle of the promotion contenders with sheffield united visiting the riverside stadium......

Does the formation I choose, and customs tactics I select have any impact on the outcomes of my simulated matches in manager mode?

I have a manager mode team in La Liga. The problem I am running into is that in simulating games, I am winning far fewer games than I would expect to. Anyone have any ideas why this would be?

I have a 4 star team in La Liga. Granted I expect to be near the relegation zone, but my record is something like: 2 wins, 4 draws, 25 losses, giving me only 10 points in the league. Based on my teams player overall ratings in their positions, I would have expected to have about 25 points in the league at this point, putting me on par with the other teams who have the approximate player ratings I do.

I have been mixing and matching different formations, custom tactics, using the assistance coach (although when I choose the lineup myself I can get the players to have much higher numbers for their positions) and so far no change in luck in winning matches.

Have they got rid of fan appreciation? It was in Fifa 09's MM but i haven't seen it anywhere in Fifa 10's MM.

Ive got an MM suggestion thread here If you have any suggestions tell me, im going to PM the thread to Marcel Kuhn when it's more complete.

Also they should lessen the board's power. First you get a message you have a lot of money to go buy players and then they stop you from selling the deadwood as they don't want you to "rock the boat" too much.

Now for me with Liverpool it isn't such an issue, in the end it meant that a group of youth signings couldn't go out on loan. But I can imagine being a crap team and needing to replace half the squad only for it to get stopped.

Also what is the point of the "scheduling" after a match for the results? I ask this because when I was about to play the 38th game of the season most of the other teams had already managed to play theirs and finish the season (good job Marcel Kuhnt). Yet when I finish the match the game pretends to be "simulating" the results!

The more and more you see the more and more it looks like they have only added fake menu's and a shit load of bugs!

In the Prem with Leeds with zero money and zip wages from the board so I have had to loan a player for the first time ever!...

I tried to go for another loan player but was told I could not as I had 2 already. I can't remember is this a known bug or is my other loan player working in the club shop...:THINK:

My MM died last night in the fourth season with Leeds, just getting a small good squad together for the push in the Prem and all 4 of my saves had the same player vanish to be replaced by a no name, no stat, no face Keeper with a 92 rating and a six digit squad number... :RANT:

The save loaded but the game crashed when moving from the main screen to trying to play the match or go to the transfer screen... :((

Have loaded the season before in the hope that not signing the player that vanished will save my game...

Last edited:

I'm in my 3rd season now and all is stable, thus far, however the DB is now full of no name generated players, worried that if any AI teams sign one of them it could spell corruption :(

Had to restart my MM recently too. I was 3 1/2 seasons into it and it would lock the Xbox up completely as the game ends and the EA logo moves across the screen, just before showing the man of the match.

It seemed to only do it during the transfer window at first so I had to keep simming games to get through the transfer window. It got worse though and started crashing after almost every game, making it pointless to play...

Aaaah, lovely job Marcel!

I think I'm in my 4th season now, haven't had any problems yet, well besides someone laundering money at the club with 10 pounds being spent on transfers every week. I'll probably get the taxman round in the summer with a 1 million fine or something.

Had my first post match MM lockup last night, 3rd season, January transfer window, finished the match 3-0 then when I pressed to continue it froze, my internet had died around the same time so I'm hoping that was the reason, I have two saves plus a nightly save so I'll go back to one of the older ones just incase.

Back
Top Bottom