Re: FIFA 10 Manager Mode Thread...

Re: FIFA 10 Manager Mode Thread

My MM froze mid game last night, as I have auto save off as the game wont work with it on I lost about five games...:(

It seems more unstable since that last update even though they said it was nothing to do with MM?...

I'm going to look at deleting my squad files, I'm not sure how that will affect my MM though?... :CONFUSE:

I'm going to look at deleting my squad files, I'm not sure how that will affect my MM though?... :CONFUSE:

IIRC that's the worst thing you can do, if you delete the squad file that existed when you started MM you end up with 12 GK's in your squad with random numbers for names and OR's of 10 or something.

the gameplay of fifa 10 is brilliant, except for poor refereeing decisions, but the manager mode is awful.

eg. when playing as man utd, in one season, on 3 seperate occasions i played a cup and league game on the same day and my squad was knackered.

also, whenever i try to buy a player, it says on negotiation history that my squad is full, despite selling lots of the fringe players at the start of the season. no idea why it does that

once as liverpool, i was top of the league, in the league cup final, but i lost in the 3rd round of the FA cup and got sacked :E

also, whenever i try to buy a player, it says on negotiation history that my squad is full, despite selling lots of the fringe players at the start of the season. no idea why it does that

Are you bidding for numerous players at once? If you have say a squad of 38 which then has room for 4 more players (IIRC) if you bid for 6 players every single bid will fail with "you're trying to hog all the talent" or "your squad is full" or shit like that, sadly they're incapable of common sense programming where it lets you bid on all 6 players but then only lets you sign 4 of them once your offers are accepted........

No but you can't bid for more players at once than would make your squad full, so if 4 players signed would max out your squad that's all you can bid for.

The Yanks are at it again with my club;
- 60+ mil in the bank,
- +0,5mil every week in income
- 1st in the league and into the knockout round of the CL

And what are the board comments........

"You shouldn't be spending more then you are earning"

Honestly, like the rest of the MM, I'm pretty sure everything Marcel Kuhn(t) added is nothing more then generic menu's that have no relevance to the actual game you are playing. I got these messages a week after a transferwindow.....when I didn't buy or sell or loan anybody!

Well after having to recently restart my manager mode after 3 1/2 seasons because it was locking up after matches, it is now doing it with my new team after only half a season :(

Getting pissed off with it now. I never mess around with squad files or anything, I've always just left it as default. I'm wondering if its got corrupt somehow and ifs there's a way I can reset it?

If not, the question is what to do till Fifa 11? I need something that is an 'ongoing' game ie a Manager Mode.

Do I:
a) Go back to Fifa 09 Manager Mode?
b) Buy World Cup 2010 and play endless qualifying campaigns?
c) Return to PES after 3 years and play 2010 Master League?

Decisions...

I know it sucks I've not passed halfway ever and it seems to get worse once it's happened, I can't go back to 9 and i can't see me doing WC's over and over and over until Oct/Nov... :ANX:

Last edited:

So through the process of elimination you're suggesting to go back to the dark side again? Have you tried it? I've only played the demo and while its clunky, I would maybe get used to it after a while...

I've not even rented it TBH, I found the demo clunky too and though I liked the fact you could ping off great strikes far easier than FIFA I found that even with just the demo time it was a little too easy...

It took me months to swap to FIFA from PES and though I think I'd make the transition back a little quicker I'm not sure 2010 is the game to do it on...

The next installments of both are going to be very interesting but as for WC I'll rent it to get my WC fix then go back to buggy 10...

Got somewhat bored of 10 and gave pes a go last week. Downloaded the latest optionfiles and stuff so it was all pretty complete. And the game is good untill you kick-off. It's shocking how many animations it seems to be lacking, in such a way that you think it's still in the beta stage.

I haven't been able to get back into it because I can't time anything anymore. It's becauce the animations are so crappy that it means "close" control is having the ball being kicked 2m ahead of you with every touch. If you're enjoying fifa there is no going back to pes. Everything just seems off, and I really don't know why they were all raving about the player likeness graphically because close up you can see the facepainting technique on the lesser known players. And by that I mean the rest of the team besides Torres and Gerrard.....

My MM has frozen... once again. This is after 4 games into my second season. It's actually disgusting.

Got somewhat bored of 10 and gave pes a go last week. Downloaded the latest optionfiles and stuff so it was all pretty complete. And the game is good untill you kick-off. It's shocking how many animations it seems to be lacking, in such a way that you think it's still in the beta stage.

I haven't been able to get back into it because I can't time anything anymore. It's becauce the animations are so crappy that it means "close" control is having the ball being kicked 2m ahead of you with every touch. If you're enjoying fifa there is no going back to pes. Everything just seems off, and I really don't know why they were all raving about the player likeness graphically because close up you can see the facepainting technique on the lesser known players. And by that I mean the rest of the team besides Torres and Gerrard.....

It's a tough one, it seems poles apart like Fifa did moving
from Pes the first time, I'm just not hating Fifa enough to put the hours in to change back...:PIRATE:

My MM has frozen... once again. This is after 4 games into my second season. It's actually disgusting.

And once it happens it seems to happen all the time it's like a Fifa worm...:R1

A quick question to those still battling with 10's MM, does your goalkeeper always get a crap rating 4-6 every game?...

It seems to make no difference in the game he has, he can make save after save and never put a foot wrong and he is always top on saves and percentages in the league but gets crap match ratings?...

I was wondering if the fact virtually all long clearances go straight to an opponents head counted against him?..

I keep meaning to play a game where I just roll the ball to the nearest defender all the time...

I usually opt for short passes and he still usually gets a 6, so don't think it makes a difference really.
I had a game last night where I won 4-0. Rooney got a hat-trick & an assist and got a 10, while Evans made 3 or tackles with some dodgy passes and not only got a 10 rating, he also got MOTM. The rest of the team got mainly 5s & 6s...

Do you find that the team of the year is a bit suspect as well? For example, I played 2 youth players for 2 or 3 games in the league cup and they made it as one of the top defenders & strikers, whereas my 30+ goal & 10 assists striker was nowhere to be seen...

Do you find that the team of the year is a bit suspect as well? For example, I played 2 youth players for 2 or 3 games in the league cup and they made it as one of the top defenders & strikers, whereas my 30+ goal & 10 assists striker was nowhere to be seen...

Completely broken and has been as far back as I restarted playing Fifa from Fifa07 on PS2.

Argghhh.... f'n froze on me again!

Started a manager mode with Watford. Got rid of who I wanted, brought in some really good players who already showed their quality within their first few games, and then boom!!! Today , I load up and both my saves, freeze as soon as it loads and I press 'down' and it goes on 'team management'. With 1 week of transfers left which I think has something to do with it because last time I started an ML as well, it was fine for friendlies and for the first games of season and then for whatever reason, as soon as that last week of 'transfer window' is left and about to be done, it freezes in the same manner.

Really disappointed as I was having a LOT of fun with this! Had studied the squad fully and made necessary changesand was doing really well too (undefeated in first 4 games) and I thought this would be the beginning of me building an eventually great team out of Vicarage park.

But not to be, like last one I started, it doesn't even get past 1st season! F'n freezes on me real quick.

And I gotta say tho, although the mode has a lot of limitations and could be a LOT better, honestly, if it didn't freeze on me like it has recently, I'd be happy enough. I find the mode fun and improved and really like it. If only it weren't for these crashes and show-stopping bugs, I could deal with some of the other shortcomings.

Now I'm not even gonna bother starting another one tho I really want to, cuz what's the point? I don't know when it'll freeze on me and it might be within the first matches! :(

Yep, it's a crap shoot PLF. There seems to be no reason to it, the more seasons you play the more no named players pop up which can't be good but once you have a freeze they seem to come more often...
EA really foiked up this year and I fear we'll only get a patched up 11...

Yeah I mean I would start a new one if at least I knew what is it that in particular is causing this freeze (because I only get THIS freeze as well where it loads up and everything but as soon as I press down and it goes on 'team management', lockeD!

But since I don't know what's causing it and can see it happening again and again right at beginning of 1st season, yah not feeling motivated right now.

Seems like there are more x360 problems than ps3 with this freezing crap apparently. My friends who play on this ps3 have never experienced it.

Do your plays ever sign new contracts when there's still like 10 months left or is it always declined? I'm guessing this is another known bug or something?

Cuz I just started a new game with Feyenoord and several players including star men have less than a year left. When I try to offer them new terms and great ones, right away it always says 'declined'.

Known bug, they never sign new contracts, just let them expire and they auto-accept new ones during the close season, in fact it's a good policy to sign players on high 1 year contracts to attract them to your club, then at the end of the season they always sign new ones for far less.

I see.

Well today I load up my Feyenoord save and surprise surprise, as soon as it loads and I press down, it freezes on team-management. Don't know what the hell the problem is but this is the ONLY way it's ever crashed on me. Always the case, now it seems no matter what team/league, etc.

Funny thing is, it's only when game is loaded. So if I were to just keep on playing last night, it'd be fine. But as soon as I save and turn off, next time I load, Boom! :(

The worse thing is when you start again PLF and get a decent run you get lulled into a sense that everything is going to be okay and then bang.. four seasons in and for no reason it blobs again...:RANT: :P

My MM was still fine after 3.5 seasons.

Only thing I do is keep more than one save, and always re-save over the personal settings each time I save to a second save.

Back
Top Bottom