Re: FIFA 10 Manager Mode Thread

Ive got a pretty decent balance I think, team set-up is:

------Reina-------
Skrtel-Carra-Agger
-------Masch------
Johnson-Aquilani-Reira
------Gerrard------
--Ngog---Torres----

Johnson never scores, but Aquilani and Reira get in on the goals frequently. Not that I score mahy anyway, but it's in balance.

Also another great example of this game; sent a scout out to look for midfielders and I get a report for a promising player: A goalie who goes by the name of ....... Well he didn't have a name, lets call him player Zero. Thanks for that scout! MM is so crap with all the bugs, I can understand some bugs getting in after 9 or so seasons but I'm still in my first season!

I was playing my MM with Leeds last night and got them into 4th in the championship, 13 games in.

This was enough to get me my 100% board confidence which I knew there was an achievment for. However no achievement came up. meh.

Next game ended and I got the achievement, so pressed the xbox button to check and it had unlocked about 4 other achievements.

Things like win the title in 5 countries. Win 100 online matches!

I am not an achievment whore, but it made me smile :)

Yeah many people have reported broken achievements like this, no surprise that yet another aspect of Fifa10 is broken!

I just had Kirkland sent off in a league match, and as I don't have a reserve keeper had to play the next league match with Figueroa in goal, who's rated 15 as GK, fortunately Fulham took pity on me and were shit so I managed to beat them 6-0 ;)

I just had Kirkland sent off in a league match, and as I don't have a reserve keeper had to play the next league match with Figueroa in goal, who's rated 15 as GK, fortunately Fulham took pity on me and were shit so I managed to beat them 6-0 ;)
i've never seen a keeper get sent off, even if they've taken me down for a penalty in a 1 on 1 situation.

i thought they'd said this had been fixed, also penalties for standing tackle fouls was suppose to be in, but i've seen plenty of blatent penalties and once again none are given.

My keeper made a foul outside the area, never managed to get an AI keeper sent off though :( I've rounded them loads of times and been brought down for a penalty but it's always a yellow card at the most.

Everytime i try to play manager mode i cant seem to buy any players in the first season....? Seems either i can afford the player but i cant afford the wages using Man Utd???

That's all there ever is :(

Finished my 2nd season safely with no freezes, actually had 4 players in team of the season, Figeuroa at LB (played most of the season), Van Den Borre at RB (played maybe 15-20 games), Kirkland at GK (played every match except 1 he was banned for) and Sturridge up front (played most matches and ended joint top league scorer with Rooney and Rodallega on 17), Sturridge was also young player of the year :)

my manager mode is still freezing really annoyed at ea.
its installed on my hard drive :(

if i am signed into xbox live it seems to work tho how the hell is this the case
does anyone know if ea actually recognise this major fault in the game and are they gonna do anything about it!

They don't recognise it and won't do anything about it.

I keep three saves, Paul 1, Paul 2, Nightly, obviously Nightly is only ever saved to once per session at the end, I keep auto save on but for the other saves I don't save the personal settings (maybe it's just me but every time I do a manual save it then asks me to manually save my personal settings again), I always cancel that now and so far no freezes.

started a new MM with leeds last week, what a joy this has been so far.

signed gradel and got rid of showunmi.

some very tight games and some upsets, the league table is very similar to it's real life counterpart.

progressing nicely in the cups and all is good, got the stamina just right i think, if anybody plays two games in a week then they have to be rested the following game.

Started a MM with my old favourites from Fifa 09 Rayo Vallecano yesterday, i think i must have played for about 9 hours. I was off school ill so what else could i do? Enough of the life story and onto the MM.

So basic 4-4-1-1 set up (this must be the main formation in spain because nearly every team uses it) signed Kazenga Lua Lua on loan as well as Sam Vokes on loan. So far Lua Lua has scored 5 from the right wing, although Vokes has only scored 3 in 15 :(

So onto the results, the expectations were to finish in the top 6 but i felt the squad was strong enough to push for promotion - and so far so good. I am sat second in the league just after the january transfer window 2 points behind numancia who are probably going to finish first come the end of the season. Had a terrific cup run as well. made it to the quarter finals where i met sporting (is it gijon??) from the top flight and they beat me 2-1 in the first leg, so in the second leg i cam out of the traps fyling and took an early 1-0 lead but try as i might i couldn't find another, so i decided to shut up shop and play for extra time. In the 89th minute one of their strikers, Bilic i think, popped up with a header and put me behind on aggregate: Rayo Out :(

*groans*

Finished the season 2nd with Pool and was about to start a new season when I got an offer in for Aquilani, I rejected ( or so I thought) and the next game I see Beni Noon in his position. Seeing at is was the beginning of the season I though the Ass. Manager was playing up again and messing about. Sadly after looking through the squadlist and transfer history Ive sold him to Villa for 14mil! FFS, my team is having really big problems keeping possesion now! I probably won't even be able to sign him in jan either :(

Anyone else experience this "bug" or did I just f#$k up?! :D

I played against Tottenham recently and they had both Gomes and Cudicini injured, had to play Alnwick in goal, if they're going to do contrived injuries they could at least stick with the "rules" of the game, keepers cannot get injured in Fifa10.........

Does anyone else have a lot of issues bringing up a lower level team to glory in Manager Mode?

I've taken up Leeds United, and it seems nobody wants to play for me. I can't sign anyone, I've had to rely on my scout for new players.

Also, it really seems I cannot sim a game. I would say for every 10 times I simulate it, I lose 9 no matter who the competition. It's really annoying.

Does anyone else have a lot of issues bringing up a lower level team to glory in Manager Mode?

I've taken up Leeds United, and it seems nobody wants to play for me. I can't sign anyone, I've had to rely on my scout for new players.

Also, it really seems I cannot sim a game. I would say for every 10 times I simulate it, I lose 9 no matter who the competition. It's really annoying.

Firstly, why are you siming games...:SHAKE:

Don't put players in your shortlist, they will never sign if you do this it's a known bug, you will also have to overpay players to get them interested in your club, even when I get Leeds to the Prem and have them there for a few seasons you'll find players are only a little interested in joining...

You need to get them up around the 70-80% interested mark, the clubs are usually reasonable on price unless you are trying to sign super stars!

I never touch any scout or negotiator setting to make the game harder as a pay off to never getting injuries, i have no trouble signing players though I do try to be realistic on who I try to get...

Firstly, why are you siming games...:SHAKE:

Don't put players in your shortlist, they will never sign if you do this it's a known bug, you will also have to overpay players to get them interested in your club, even when I get Leeds to the Prem and have them there for a few seasons you'll find players are only a little interested in joining...

You need to get them up around the 70-80% interested mark, the clubs are usually reasonable on price unless you are trying to sign super stars!

I never touch any scout or negotiator setting to make the game harder as a pay off to never getting injuries, i have no trouble signing players though I do try to be realistic on who I try to get...

I just got the game less than a week ago, I don't even know how to put players on my shortlist. I tried to sign a few players around the overall rating of 60 or so in the summer window, but not one of them would be interested over 35% unless I bumped up their wages way too high or gave them a ridiculous bonus for goal scoring.

I just got the game less than a week ago, I don't even know how to put players on my shortlist. I tried to sign a few players around the overall rating of 60 or so in the summer window, but not one of them would be interested over 35% unless I bumped up their wages way too high or gave them a ridiculous bonus for goal scoring.
Same in reality,didn't see many rushing to play for Burnley or Wolves when they came up.You just got to be prepared to spend the dosh pal.Also it always penalises you when you sim games.:))

Don't put players in your shortlist, they will never sign if you do this it's a known bug

Any other 'common' knowledge bugs/work-arounds like this? If you hadn't mentioned this, a few weeks back, I would've had no idea about this and keep being baffled by the rejections. Thanks for sharing this.

Where's that list with all the known MM bugs (even post patches) that was hanging around before, I'd like to review them.

=============================

I started a MM with Napoli on Legendary game setting difficulty and Pro board difficulty as they're a great team to start with cuz:

1) You can try to bring them back to glory days and build them step by step every year and original expectations are to finish in top half anyway so shouldn't be too hard.

2) They have some very good players who haven't even reached peak yet and can improve. Hamsik, Cigarini, Lavezzi, etc.

It was great fun but I got sacked half way through first season. At the beginning I was doing well, but I don't know what happened but it seemed like 7 matches or so into the season, the LEGENDARY difficulty went ABSOLUTELY crazy on me! Now I'm hardly the best player out there, quite average I'd say but I while 'Legendary' was always difficult for me and meant I had to work my socks off, I generally did fine. But about 7 matches into the season, I was getting SCREWED! Losing matches 5-0 and getting absolutely thrashed by similarly strength teams like Palermo, Genoa, Parma etc.

Ultimately I was sacked half way through season, not that I can blame them, in fact if it was real life, I would've been sacked probably a lot earlier (like Reja did) as I was languishing in relegation zone and had some really embarassing results.

Good news is, I had great fun and I noticed pretty much no bugs!

Once I'm sacked though, with my manager reputation being half a star, only Grimsby town offered me a job and some Aussie A-league team I think.

-----------------------------------

I decided instead to start a new MM with mid-table Swiss team FC Luzern and work my way up and finish a season quick since league only has like 10 teams I think and I wanted to just finish a season quick, see how I do with them and what jobs I'll get if any at end of season.

Just before the last and 4th friendly though, as soon as I press 'down' on controller to go to team-management from 'next' match, BOOM! Freeze!

Don't know if this has anything to do with my weekly wages suddenly being -$4566 thanks to last week's negotiations or having the minimum amount of players (squad size) cuz before last round of negotiations where these things happened, seemed to be working fine and I was excited about this MM.

--------------

So played half a season with Napoli, enjoyed it great and saw no bugs, then started my 2nd MM with Swiss team and can't even make it past friendlies.

Mid way through my second season with Rayo Vallecano, in the La Liga after managing to gain promotion last season. Started off well with a win against Espanyol on the opening day - then i went on a horrible run and i think i went 9 games without a win. Then i got the kick up the ass i needed, dumped out of the cup by Real Union, i was determined to stay in the leeague after this and really pulled my socks up. Just after the January window now, signed Nieto a RM purely for his burst of pace and crossing ability, he seems well worth it as he has already scored 2 and created a couple of goals. Finally, i am comfortable in the league now, sat in 14th spot with a nice 6 point gap between us and the bottom 3 - job well done :)

Sounds great. :)

Seems like you're having a lot of fun with your newly promoted side! Keep us updated.

Back
Top Bottom