Real football vs PES simulation ***Where has Konami gone wrong?***

PES 2011 is the ONLY football game which beats PES5/WE9 in pure realsim,

PES 2011 is still not the finished article like PES 5 WE9 was.

sorry if im abit off-topic. this is actually my first post, if a sound mad or angry, im not, its just my english is not very good.

intresting, comparing PES2011 to the real life.
i have played this game for almost 3-4 months PC and ps3.
finished 3 seasons. and my answer is PES2011 is nothing like real life.

People keep saying this game is better than PES5. but this is 100% wrong.

how is it better? lets see..

AI? PES5 AI is 10xtimes better than PES2011. no questions about that.

player individuality?
in PES2011 i have only noticed CR, messi and couple of good driblers like arshaven. but the rest all look the same, play the same, shoot the same.On the other hand in PES5, players plays so different, you can tell this guy is pirlo from his accuracy of shooting, you can even tell the difference btw two good driblers
like arshaven and messi. but can you in PES 2011? absolutly not.

teams indiviuality?
players like walcout, eto who are so fast that is so hard to catch up with are broken. even the weekiest asian team defender can catch up to them. so teams who depend on fast players for counter attacks are useless. while on PES5/WE every team plays like in real life. this is a prove that PES5/WE9 are more realistic.

atmosphere?
well PES2011's has no atmosphere at all. no question about that.

goals?
no statisfaction when scoring in PES2011, it became so limited like FIFA.
while on PES5 in 2 games you can do wonders that you can never do in PES2011.

freedom?
well this is the only strong point in PES2011... but incase you guys forgot, PES5 is all about Timing. if you got the timing right for thorugh balls, lofted through balls, long pass etc. you have freedom, if your not good at timing well sorry go play fifa :SMUG: which has more freedom than PES2011 if you prefer freedom.

therefore, PES2011 is absolutly not better than PES5/WE9
ye it looks like real life, but its plays nothing like the real life. not to mention half of my goals are own goals -_-

so i think we need to admit that PES2011 is still far from comparing it to real Football.
if in PES2012 konami fixed the problems i mentioned above, it will be an amazing game and for sure it will beat PES5/WE9...

well we have lots of time till that day to come, and my advise to you people is to play WE9LE.

its an improved Version of PES5, its btw 5 and 6, and its absolutly the best Winning eleven title i have ever played interms of gameplay, player movments are just so realistic, passing/shooting. if you got the timing rights, you will enjoy your own freedom. Player AI are Superb. defence and attack is ballanced. italian/german teams have a damn great defence that takes skill to pass them.

play WE9LE for couple of days. ye you will get frastrated in the first 3-4 matchs especially if you are coming back from PES2011 or fifa. i was hella frastrated, but when i got used to it again. Man what a relief. BEST FOOTBALL GAME EVER!!

Last edited:
Are people making advertising revenue from WE9LE or something? Do you guys also watch repeats of the Serie A back in the 90's because to me that's better football than is around now.

sorry if im abit off-topic. this is actually my first post, if a sound mad or angry, im not, its just my english is not very good.

intresting, comparing PES2011 to the real life.
i have played this game for almost 3-4 months PC and ps3.
finished 3 seasons. and my answer is PES2011 is nothing like real life.

People keep saying this game is better than PES5. but this is 100% wrong.

how is it better? lets see..

AI? PES5 AI is 10xtimes better than PES2011. no questions about that.

I've been playing quite a lot of WE9 again and i haven't changed my opinion, infact I'm noticing some of PES 2011 flaws in the game

I scored a goal and had a few chances where the AI just didn't seem interested in the ball and ran away from it even, had a strange thing when the Ai was through on goal and passed backwards :CONFUSE: on top player mind you!

In general the AI is very predictable and there's a big flaw I noticed in the defensive AI, if the full back gets caught out up field it's very easy to exploit the space behind and score because the center backs sit unrealistically deep. This isn't the case of PES 2011.

The player runs in PES 2011 which everyone complains about are nowhere near as bad as in WE9, With PES 2011 you have the manual pass to put ball in space for players to run onto, but with the rigidness in WE9 it’s annoying you prevented from trying certain passes because of the lack of freedom.

player individuality?
in PES2011 i have only noticed CR, messi and couple of good driblers like arshaven. but the rest all look the same, play the same, shoot the same.On the other hand in PES5, players plays so different, you can tell this guy is pirlo from his accuracy of shooting, you can even tell the difference btw two good driblers
like arshaven and messi. but can you in PES 2011? absolutly not.

Pirlo because of accuracy of shooting???

Well anyway, the player individuality in PES 2011 is miles ahead of any game, Every player runs differently and dribbles with the ball different due to their stats with dribble accuracy, technique and foot frequency generating how they dribble. On WE9 players are different but it’s not as extreme.

On PES 2011 there’s players I simply do not touch the sprint button with (xavi) because there’s no point, they are all about passing, where as on WE9 I been able to beat players with pretty much anyone using the fake shot, most player can run to an extent.
I could go on but it helps if you get to full grips with the dribbling system which I’ll explain later

teams indiviuality?
players like walcout, eto who are so fast that is so hard to catch up with are broken. even the weekiest asian team defender can catch up to them. so teams who depend on fast players for counter attacks are useless.

Sorry mate this is 100% wrong, i mean completely false, I’ll prove it!

Walcott can't break away from a defender? your not using R1+R2 or tapping the R1 button.

YouTube - Rubber banding? Tap R1 to stay ahead!

There.. I'm doing a goal comp and there's one where Krasic just leaves the defence from the halfway line for dead if you want more. it's just a lot harder to break away from defenders in PES 2011, that's all!

. while on PES5/WE every team plays like in real life. this is a prove that PES5/WE9 are more realistic.

Sorry but this absolutely is 1000% wrong, every team in WE9 has this predictable setup really, you attack, they drop very deep and their two center backs stand in the 6 yard box for some reason. The AI attacking wise is mostly predicable but do vary with the individuality to an extent but they don't play like their real life counterparts!

To show just how far ahead PES 2011 is tactically, look at this Barca formation i and another created.

Give this to barca and play against them in a 15 mintue or more match. They play quite scarily how they do in real life. You will not have hardly any of the ball, they keep it, pass you to death and when you get tit they swarm on you, they play a crazy high line which compresses you play. Just what they do in real life.

I tried to give Barca these tactics in WE9 and they just DON'T keep the ball, it's easy to dominate them and all they do is score the odd cheap goal against the run of play.

The tactics aren't NOWHERE NEAR, NO EVEN CLOSE to being as deep as PES 2011. Again, it's not WE9's fault, just PS2 vs PS3 that all

atmosphere?
well PES2011's has no atmosphere at all. no question about that.

It’s crap, I know

goals?
no statisfaction when scoring in PES2011, it became so limited like FIFA.
while on PES5 in 2 games you can do wonders that you can never do in PES2011.

? Not really a point, it’s just your opinion.

freedom?
well this is the only strong point in PES2011... but incase you guys forgot, PES5 is all about Timing. if you got the timing right for thorugh balls, lofted through balls, long pass etc. you have freedom, if your not good at timing well sorry go play fifa :SMUG: which has more freedom than PES2011 if you prefer freedom.

WE9 is very restricted compared to PES 2011, after a few games going back to it, not being able to put balls into space, it's why the game is pretty hard. it's how the game is balanced to be which i don't mind since it's still very fun and this is a game from back in 2005/06

PES2011 is absolutly not better than PES5/WE9
ye it looks like real life, but its plays nothing like the real life. not to mention half of my goals are own goals -_-

so i think we need to admit that PES2011 is still far from comparing it to real Football.
if in PES2012 konami fixed the problems i mentioned above, it will be an amazing game and for sure it will beat PES5/WE9...

You didn’t really mention the real problems which is crap refs because of the shit player collisions, jerky animation transition and not enough animations along with a few AI hiccups here and there. Thing is, for me PES 2011 strong points are that good they blow every other game away!

well we have lots of time till that day to come, and my advise to you people is to play WE9LE.

its an improved Version of PES5, its btw 5 and 6, and its absolutly the best Winning eleven title i have ever played interms of gameplay, player movments are just so realistic, passing/shooting. if you got the timing rights, you will enjoy your own freedom. Player AI are Superb. defence and attack is ballanced. italian/german teams have a damn great defence that takes skill to pass them.

I’m playing it now, its fun, not as realistic as PES 2011 but very balanced and solid. Everything fits together within the game and it feels complete where as PES 2011 is not the finished article and is work in progress. I dunno, I’m disappointed with the Ai on the game atm maybe because I’m used to PES 2011, WE9 where the center backs sit in the 6 yard box and defend as if it’s the last minute all the time, strange attacks from the AI who just don’t hold onto the ball enough

Played online and again it's fun but very automated with the AI off the ball which is annoying, also again it's a bit to easy to geta run on goal if a full back gets caught up field.

play WE9LE for couple of days. ye you will get frastrated in the first 3-4 matchs especially if you are coming back from PES2011 or fifa. i was hella frastrated, but when i got used to it again. Man what a relief. BEST FOOTBALL GAME EVER!!

I not really frustrated when playing We9, I just accept it doesn’t give you the same freedom of PES 2011 and it’s very rigid! Still fun though.

Last edited:
Are people making advertising revenue from WE9LE or something? Do you guys also watch repeats of the Serie A back in the 90's because to me that's better football than is around now.

I know, a swarm of people have come here bigging up WE9! It's a great game but is someone paying them or something? :CONFUSE:

Agree with you on Serie A in the 90's much, much better quality football that what we see now! football in quality is going downhill imo!

Klash i must confess the AI disappoints me a lot too in WE9LE. It is just downright strange at times, especially in attack, and defence suffers from that old chestnut, the computer knowing when you're about to dribble forward and tackling perfectly as a result.

If my internet connection was better i'd play online more often because, unsurprisingly considering it's a sports game, the game opens up much more when you play against a real person. Much less strange attacking and annoyingly accurate defending.

Klash i must confess the AI disappoints me a lot too in WE9LE. It is just downright strange at times, especially in attack, and defence suffers from that old chestnut, the computer knowing when you're about to dribble forward and tackling perfectly as a result.

If my internet connection was better i'd play online more often because, unsurprisingly considering it's a sports game, the game opens up much more when you play against a real person. Much less strange attacking and annoyingly accurate defending.

yeah, online is great, bit annoying with your players being pulled everywhere even when you don't press any buttons.

Found it incredible that PES 2011 still has the same issues that WE9! they have improved them since but people are criticizing PS 2011 for player runs and defenders not intercepting passes when it's 10 times worse in WE9!

Need to show you this van Persie goal, van bommel could of easily intercepted the pass but literally ran away from the ball :CONFUSE:

I think people are basing the defenders cutting out passes on We9 when the defenders sit really deep!

Still a GREAT game though!

id love to see new types of goals scored,whether it be individual dribbling skills like this goal

YouTube - Jorge Troiteiro ''New Messi'' score incredible goal ! (Burgos CF) 17-05-2011

or shots catching the keeper off his line like this one

YouTube - Lechia - Wisła 0:3. Michail Sivakov (Siwakow Сівакоў)

or the 1st one here
YouTube - Best long range soccer goals ever

or lobs like these that could be done in the older ps2 games

YouTube - Top 10 Lob Goals (New!!!)

id love to see a touch of finesse added to the shooting in pes 2012 so that players with the right technique,shot accuracy and curling technique could score these types of goals if the opportunity presented itself and players playing the game would be rewarded for the quick thinking necessary to score those type of goals

if i could judge the by the last two days of online matchs i would rate it 2.0 out of 10. It's been terrible this weekend. The cursor has never been so terrible and the ai has never been so retarted.

if i could judge the by the last two days of online matchs i would rate it 2.0 out of 10. It's been terrible this weekend. The cursor has never been so terrible and the ai has never been so retarted.

What annoys me is the 'refgular AI' Policy for online ranked and MLO matches.

It's just a mess of game, really at times!

You keep saying this but where does it show as Regular on MLO ? It feels nothing like Regular Ai. I'm almost positive it's set to Professional. It certainly feels that way, it's nothing like PES 09 or PES 10 in this regard.

You keep saying this but where does it show as Regular on MLO ? It feels nothing like Regular Ai. I'm almost positive it's set to Professional. It certainly feels that way, it's nothing like PES 09 or PES 10 in this regard.

i gave a reason for this, but i think i lost my post :CONFUSE:

bare with me a second.. Yup it's gone, i'll put it in the 2012 thread.

Last edited:

almost unplayble, lag, cursor issues, 99% chosing barcelona or madrid, all the cheap tricks exploited (silly pass fror free kicks, long balls from kick off, low crosses, a zillion ball through).

And worst of all, i am having serious issues in the lobby, game freezes for some reasons.

Anyone has tried community mode? is it any good?

And MLO, what's the point of being in the worst division with default players and play agaist messi ronaldo?

give me a fantasy football kinda game, X money and we make a team. No point in rewarding those teen agers that play all day long.

One of the things i hate most is not only the cursor system but also how badly, slowly and wrongly the ai moves to go towards the goal that's not in possession (a loose ball i guess...)

ABout he game freezing, i've been loosing some points because of this, but i think the problem is my disc, not the game.

Back
Top Bottom