Sensible Soccer Returns on PS2 and Xbox

"NOT.... to mention a host of one-off unlockables - such as comedy hairstyles, kits and boots"

WTF is this, why does kicking The ball sound like a car door slamming.

Should have stayed simple and should have been SWOS!!

Ah well thats what happens when you had a winning formula 15 odd years ago and you try and re invent the wheel :( there are bound to be things that arent quite right.

DJ

I can hadle the updated graphics but do we need the melon heads... Should have been done as a straight port of SWOS almost with a few tweaks here and there, and thus keeping down costs and being able to just charge about £19.... Nobody is going to pay full whack for this ...comedy angle or not..

yeah I heard this was a bargain priced game as opposed to a £30 game....

If it plays well it will be worth a laugh I reckon, the name Sensible shouldnt be on it though if the players have melon heads!

DJ

I think I'll buy it when it is available, if it's a mid-price title.

I like the cel shaded graphics as well as I already enjoy the silly animations described in Eurogamer's preview. The way things move pleases me (the way the ball can curve, for example).

I really hope its gameplay will be as simple and efficent as in the Amiga and Atari ST times. But I can't doubt a single second this won't be a fun, fast and addictive game. I'm impatient to start a four players game.

Yeah, the new preview from Eurogamer sounds as if they've nailed it!

Hopes are up now, hope it's as good as they say.

Anyone tried this yet? I know there is a demo on OXm this month.

Got the demo and its fucking amzing gives you so much freedeom of the pitch (something pro evo doesnt), the goalies are shit but thats jus for the demo. Looks like we have a modern classic on our hands, buy the demo yourself and see for yourself

Matt1234 said:
Got the demo and its fucking amzing gives you so much freedeom of the pitch (something pro evo doesnt), the goalies are shit but thats jus for the demo. Looks like we have a modern classic on our hands, buy the demo yourself and see for yourself

great stuff!!

how is th crossing??

I guess I need to give the demo another go then as my first impressions was that it was fuckin awful

Played the demo thought it was awful! this aint sensible soccer as I know it and always played, this is some cheap ass imitation! this is the biggest load of bollocks ive ever played, it doesnt play much like the original at all in my honest opinion. This is diabolical!

SWOS fans beware, stick to playing SWOS.

DJ

wot the hell are you people on how much have you actually played the demo???? Try playing it a bit more. I think this a quality game its just pure fun.

Matt1234 its nothing like the original at all, it plays shite in my opinion! its lost all the brilliance the original had.

DJ

djdoc360 said:
Matt1234 its nothing like the original at all, it plays shite in my opinion! its lost all the brilliance the original had.

DJ

did sensible software have anything do with this at all?

Will have to try the demo but I don't hold out much hope.... Can't for the life in me understand their logic..SWOS was an era defining game... Why not go with it and why oh why the stupid meekon look!! Just a pretty good port with few new touches would have been fine. God it's not going to break new ground no matter what they do!!

Codemasters are going to release a PC Demo next week, apparently the version given to PS2 and Xbox magazines is a couple of months old due to "Magazine Printing" lead times.

like i said before. i think a NDS and PSP version should of been developed. sensible on a handheld would be more exciting for me!

CWright said:
I guess I need to give the demo another go then as my first impressions was that it was fuckin awful

I completely agree, played it last night, it is very very bad. I wanted it to be great. I know people have suggested before, but why can't they just relase the original unchanged (well with a few tweaks hear and there, like a normal header and better free kicks) and put a massive player db behind it. I'm sure it would sell by the bucketload! Or maybe I should just dig my amiga out, hmmmm...

what you talkin about RichG...;)

Always digging my Amiga out and loading those 2 wonder disks up, love the challenge of starting up in the bottom flight and working my way up the leagues to the top flight and then getting an international job. A game from football fans made for football fans with the best they could get out of the technology at the time... When depth of play mattered more than marketing. Most players have won everything there is to win in PES and WE within a couple of weeks let alone months!!

Class game in a crappy little box(with what looked like a Peru player on the cover) with two floppy disks... oh and a 96/7 update....... fantastic!!!:applause: :applause: :applause:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom