Sensible World Of Soccer (Xbox 360)

I know but you'll have quitters, moaners, terrible unplayable lag against certain people, and in-fact I can't play a single person on PLAYER MATCH - it gets to the players walking onto the pitch and quits out.

With the teeny weeny bit of lag anyway it makes it a totally different game (any more lag than the very best and it's unplayable because that's how SWOS is), I just played some guy called "cantona ooh ahh" and he was hitting shots from the half-way line... And scoring them... I don't know how but I've never seen anything like it, the goalkeeper was letting them in, and then the second half there was literally two seconds worth of lag. So that's quickly put me off playing it online. Great for a single-player career though.

Last edited:
How do you not lose money in a career? I always used to lose money every week on the Amiga, and the 360 is no different :( It seems I barely make money from my home games, never making a profit. If I sign a player straight away, we always lose more money than we make, so I'm always in a negative balance.

Not sure on the money thingy... who are you?

Doing ok in my Career so far - Lee Clark (ex Newcie) at Hartlepool. Already had a great left back come through from 'Trial' and got a couple of promising wingers I am persuing in reserve games.

Just lost 6-0 to Arsenal though in the 1st round of the Cup! Nice gate receipts though :)

Loving the memories flooding back of 10 years ago!

I'm Great (team in Ghana) who I joined after I led Hearts (Ghana) to second place but had bad money problems :) Took Great to 1st place in my second season during which I unearthed a quality trialist LW who had pace to burn! He eventually signed a contract and become our most expensive player at 450k :D

Got £2m for the following seasonn which I used to buy a MC, RW and ST and just started my third season with a 2-0 win but unfortunately lost my quality LW to injury for three games :(

Edit: Right, someone needs to offer me a job abroad. This is getting silly now. Won my third season by some margin, goals for was 40 or so and against was 5. Same teams is getting a bit boring :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Sensible Soccer on my mega drive but can't find the career mode. Is it not the same as Sensible world of soccer?

Well there's a lot of people enjoying it so it's a good job you don't work in games ;)

Career mode is fantastic fun, online is a bit crap I think which is a shame (it's much too fast to play without at least a little bit of reaction time lag, and people have figured out that if you quit before 90 minutes then the score isn't recorded - nice one Codemasters). But the single-player stuff is as brilliant as it ever was.

FA Cups controlling all the teams so that when you play someone, your mate controls the opposition and tries to knock you out... What a brilliant game, so much fun. EA, Konami, get your fucking act together. The career mode in this (and the cup options, see above) beat the shit out of your games.

It's still got that "one more game" feel to it as well :) Spent AGES on it last night thinking I'll just squeeze one more game. Next thing I had four games left to the end of the season, might as well finish the season now :)

I just need to get out of Ghana ;)

Well there's a lot of people enjoying it so it's a good job you don't work in games ;)

Career mode is fantastic fun, online is a bit crap I think which is a shame (it's much too fast to play without at least a little bit of reaction time lag, and people have figured out that if you quit before 90 minutes then the score isn't recorded - nice one Codemasters). But the single-player stuff is as brilliant as it ever was.

FA Cups controlling all the teams so that when you play someone, your mate controls the opposition and tries to knock you out... What a brilliant game, so much fun. EA, Konami, get your fucking act together. The career mode in this (and the cup options) beat the shit out of your games.

Got mine up and running just need an upto date 05 or 06/07 hdf image and a joystick to USB adapter and i'm away, how anyone could play with keys is beyond me?

If you play on PC you could grab the PC version from Underdogs (Google it), DOSbox (Google it) and you can get an 07/08 patch - which is absolutely fantastic - from SYNCHRONATED.

Works great with joysticks and everything (although saying that I had to plug in two to get just one to work). Doesn't support online play, you need the Amiga one for that, but I've never liked the Amiga emulators (and it looks like playing it online will always incorporate a bit of lag anyway, which is no good for a game like SWOS - thinking about it, I wonder if that's another reason why the reaction times in FIFA are slow, so that the internet can cope with them...).

I managed to get that Synchronated updated into my SWOS HDF image, can't stop playing this game, brings back so many good memories. I fell victim to that "one more game" thing last night, played it til 3 this morning! :lol:

Played it at my mate's last night after hearing a few people raving about this - poor game, really looks/feels it's age. How anyone can say this beat's FIFA 08's manager mode baffles me - it's crap! I don't like the tiny men, the view, the graphics, the general early 90s feeling of it all - we played FIFA after it and laughed at how crap SWOS is! Maybe the fact that I hated the original games doesn't help mind. I noticed someone say this would make a good mobile phone game - my sentimants exactly.

All my opinion of course - no offence intended. :)

:lol: Fuckin hell, this is making me feel old now! The fact that I DO get it, and used to play it and like the new version :)

I was pissed at them having the old data.

But when I booted it up and all the names are fake too its just crap.

As usual nostalgia should be left back in the past.

The names are kind of annoying, personally I'd have preferred completely fake names.

Why can some people not look past the names and just enjoy the game for what it is?!?!?!?!?

Its fucking superb

Oh aye CW, it is a great game :D And the names are okay for me at the moment with me playing in Ghana and not knowing anyone anyway :p

Though saying that, I have bought players from Europe and I know their real names. I've just gotten used to calling them by their real names tho.

Why can some people not look past the names and just enjoy the game for what it is?!?!?!?!?

Its fucking superb

Shut up you tard. :mrgreen:

The fake names are terrible if you try and start a career.

It wouldent be so bad if they were similar to there real life name but they arnt.

Add to that having to flash back to 96 to remember who was there in the 1st place.

I wouldn't say the names are terrible. Annoying but certainly not a game-breaker.

Dont get me wrong the core game is still enjoyable to a certain extent.

But I have Fifa why would I play this instead?

The odd game here and there but nothing more.

Its all about opinions tho.

Dont get me wrong the core game is still enjoyable to a certain extent.

But I have Fifa why would I play this instead?

The odd game here and there but nothing more.

Its all about opinions tho.

Because SWOS's career is better than FIFA, the core gameplay itself is more "fun" as opposed to "realistic" (which surely fun is the most important), there's less bugs, it responds better and the AI doesn't cheat.

All my opinion of course :)

Once again Bets are being taken as to when Dags gets fed up and starts moaning about it

I say before the new year @ 5/2 :)

Back
Top Bottom