Sensible World Of Soccer (Xbox 360)

:lol:

No reason to moan about it, I already know what the game is like and what to expect :)

I'll keep your money Coopz ;)

Once again Bets are being taken as to when Dags gets fed up and starts moaning about it

I say before the new year @ 5/2
Nah he won't get fed up with SWOS, but I do predict aanother FIFA moan in the next 7 days, 5/1 odds on favourite :)

Quality :D

I still want that game where you start as a young player and have to work your way up to a top team.

That could be quite a cool feature, Ultimate Be A Pro mode, you start as an 18 year old at say, a League Two club, and you have a set amount of XP to allocate. Then depending on how well you play, and if you get picked you will get more XP to allocate. Then if you are good enough other, higher clubs get interested in you and buy you, and so on and so forth and you keep working your way up the ladder until you are playing International matches for your nation, or playing for your club in the Champions League final.

That would actually be amazing... :shock: One problem I see straight away though is the computer AI would have to be pretty much flawless. You never know though, I guess!

I've been wanting that game for YEARS! There was a game that had that style gameplay on the C64 or Atari ST but I can't remember the name. Not the best game in the world, but it had the right ideas.

You guys ever heard of NEW STAR SOCCER for PC? Exactly like SWOS but you're only one player. Everything you've just been speaking about is in the game, plus all the glitter like having a girlfriend, keeping her happy, buying yourself a house and a car and all that. It's a good little game, cheap as well (and there's patches that add all the badges and fix all the wonky names).

There's a new game being developed that's the same, FOOTBALL SUPERSTARS, but it's 3D, set in a football utopia and you get to play online, trial at real clubs, join real clubs, play real fixtures. If it works it's going to be a fucking phenomenon.

Last edited:
New Star Soccer is shit though isn't it? I'm sure I tried the demo and it was poo.

I've seen Football Superstars mentioned on Eurogamer before, looks great but whether it works well in reality ...

New Star Soccer is like SWOS but you're one player, so it divides opinion. I don't think it's shit but it gets depressing when the game is SO HARD, and you get subbed at half time. But if you stick at it then it's incredibly rewarding.

But I really hope Football Superstars works, I hope they get a talented team together because it's going to be massive. I can't wait to retire and become a manager. LIKE THIS GUY.

Just listen to the game's intro, it is a fantastic concept.

What if you could play football online with thousands of other people in 3 to 11-a-side squads, controlling a single player from the footballer’s perspective?

Play casually in the park with friends at first, then more seriously within a well-drilled team on well-tended turf.

Eventually, hard work and persistence may lead to you turning professional and earn you money with which you could buy the best that life can offer. Lead the life of a football superstar in a utopian world.

Your first international qualifier beckons...

Last edited:
Game is total pants.

Seriously, When you have something as beautiful as Fifa 08, how can you play this...???

Maybe I'm just to old to appreciate it...

When will they release a Speedking adaptor so I can use it on my Xbox 360? :D

Seriously, this game is really fun: it's worth paying 800 m$ points; it's a pure 2D pleasure, a real enjoyment for old fans of this series.

I just played a guy on Live who has completed SWOS already... What a fucking loser.

Thats very impressive and very sad at the same time. Some people really need to get out more

Oh, that's not too hard anyway. I wouldn't ever really class a football game as being completed until you've won every league and cup I suppose.

New Star Soccer is like SWOS but you're one player, so it divides opinion. I don't think it's shit but it gets depressing when the game is SO HARD, and you get subbed at half time. But if you stick at it then it's incredibly rewarding.

But I really hope Football Superstars works, I hope they get a talented team together because it's going to be massive. I can't wait to retire and become a manager. LIKE THIS GUY.

Just listen to the game's intro, it is a fantastic concept.
Maybe this game needs a thread.

Alright chaps - I'm away for X-Mas, but thought I'd check in and see how its going!

I'm on the beta list for that Football Superstars, really looking forward to it!

Oh, happy x-mas everyone!

Played it this morning for the 1st time on xbox live arcade. Love it!!! they have kept the same winning formula :) My only gripe is we cannot edit the original team and player names, we can only do Custom Teams.. :( So I have to live with Bryan Goggs!

I've lost my appetite for SWOS. I was saying to Tim yesterday, it's just all too easy now. Beating the CPU 4-0 consistently, sometimes even bigger scores. It's just not as fun when there isn't a challenge.

I can play on XBL but due to the bug where tackles/headers aren't properly recognised, as well as lag interupting play, and the crap ranking system, it's only good for one off games.

I've lost my appetite for SWOS. I was saying to Tim yesterday, it's just all too easy now. Beating the CPU 4-0 consistently, sometimes even bigger scores. It's just not as fun when there isn't a challenge.

I can play on XBL but due to the bug where tackles/headers aren't properly recognised, as well as lag interupting play, and the crap ranking system, it's only good for one off games.

Starting the New Year with a moan ;)

Nah, not a moan. Just a disappointment. You can see my record when you go to the achievements section of SWOS, it's just not challenging. Shame really, I used to love SWOS, still do. But it ruins playing if you know you can put four goals past a team without breaking a stride.

Back
Top Bottom