Setting up your PS2 for online play

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEENIO16!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

You asked the perfect present! You will get crazy when you start playing online and YES! That will work. I just advertise you to turn off PC when you play online on PS2 as it can cause some lag because of the Windows processes that always use internet traffic. Good games. My PS2 nick is Notty, I am in English Free Lobby 01/02, hope we can play. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Artist said:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEENIO16!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

You asked the perfect present! You will get crazy when you start playing online and YES! That will work. I just advertise you to turn off PC when you play online on PS2 as it can cause some lag because of the Windows processes that always use internet traffic. Good games. My PS2 nick is Notty, I am in English Free Lobby 01/02, hope we can play. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Thanks alot matey! Great. I cant wait now, I think ill be setting that up later aye :P Cant bloody wait. My nickname will hopefully be Keenio16. I hope to be playing you all soon! Woohooooo.

Love ya all :D

Keenio16 said:
I cant wait now, I think ill be setting that up later aye :P Cant bloody wait. My nickname will hopefully be Keenio16. I hope to be playing you all soon! Woohooooo.

Love ya all :D

More meat for the SONY machine.... :(

Happy Birthday Keenio! Your set up looks fine, but as you'll find out, it's not quite as simple as that. Don't get your hopes up, but similarly don't get too discouraged if things don't work straight away.

We'll all get there one day....... I hope!

Ok, for those of you with this -612 error (and looking on the web, it appears quite a popular error), this is what BT have told me to do. I assume this applies to the Voyager 205 Router/Modem ONLY.

To get in to the Router:

Start -> Run ->telnet 192.168.1.1

Then type admin as Username and Password

Then type: create nat rule entry ruleid 35 bimap lcladdrfrom 192.168.1.35 lcladdrto 192.168.1.35 (Then Press enter)

Finally type exit and you're done.

Anyone got any (useful) comments on whether this will work? I think my problem is with the firewall, in which case this might be useless.

Anyway, I'll try it when I get home to night and let you know.....

This might come in handy too:
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Last edited:
T Butcher fan said:
To get in to the Router:

Start -> Run ->telnet 192.168.1.1

Then type admin as Username and Password

Then type: create nat rule entry ruleid 35 bimap lcladdrfrom 192.168.1.35 lcladdrto 192.168.1.35 (Then Press enter)

Finally type exit and you're done.

Well blow me down! It only fecking worked!!!

Just logged on the EG, to play..... absolutely fecking no one! Where is eveybody!?

Might try Pro Evo if I get no bites.

I spoke to soon! Stuck on that Testing network environment screen.

Tried port forwarding but I've probably done it wrong. On my PS2, it said Pro Evo was on UDP 3768, not sure if that had anything to do with it???

Sod it, wasted so much time on it today I can't really be bothered to try anything else.

EG works fine, that will do for me!!!

Last edited:
Hiya everyone. I posted on here few days about getting my PS2 online. I have boguth everything now and the only problem is that I havent got an ethernet port on my tower so I cant set up my router yet untill I get a ethernet to usb converter. So... My mate told me I could set it up without the router, but it means that I cant go online on my PC at the same time.

I have tried to set the thing up but when im on the netwrok disc thing and it is searching for my connections and that. I cant find anyhting...? I dont know what im doing wrong. Can anyone help me by giving me a thorough step by step guide? It would be a great help...

Thanks alot guys...

If you don't have a way of connecting a ethernet cable then I'm afraid it's not possible. The method your friend was probably talking about was Internet Connection Sharing, but you still need to attach a ethernet cable to your pc. So until you can do that it's not gonna work :(

Well you'll need to set up internet connection sharing on your pc, there's some instructions in the first post. But it's been a while since I did it, and even then I didn't connect it to my modem as I had a ethernet port on my pc. But the principles should still be the same mate ;)

ci20050324_homer.jpg

Good point T Butcher fan, sorry Keenio16 I forgot that if you have a ethernet port on your modem you can just do the direct connection setup. Just realised what I said last nite lol.....I'm a dumb fuck sometimes :lol:

All you need to do is plug a straight ethernet cable from your modem to your ps2. Then set it up either with your network access disk or the pes5 disk, no need to mess about with that Internet Connection Sharing ballache lol.......sorry for the confusion...sometimes brain not work good :drunk:

One of the main reasons why I love Forums. Everyone is such a massive help... I love you all, in a nice way lol.

Thanks again

Hiya everyone. I am really having troubles getting my Playstation online at the minute. I have been told I can do it by putting my Ethernet cable into my modem and then my Network adaptor but when I try and get connected it says 'Detecting Network Settings' and then 'Unable to determine Network Settings... Choose from the next screen(s)' But I dont know what im suppose to put into the next screens? One time I did actually get all the boxes to go green but I cant remember what I done then, to what im doing now? (Dont ask me why I got rid of the settings then). lol. I wandered if you all could help me. I have used the link from T Butcher fan and chose Connection types and then direct connection. And from those guides it still wouldnt work. I know this is taking the Pi** loads but I want it sorted so I can rip you all online lol. NR. I just would really like this sorted. Is there any things that I should be doing that are obvious and I am missing out? I will tell you what I did...

*I turned off my Modem and my Playstation,
*I put the Ethernet into my Modem and then into my Network Adaptor,
*I switched on my Modem and then my PS2 (Switched on in that order),
*Inserted the network access disk and then chose Get connected,
*I chose Auto set up and then... 'Detecting Network Settings' and then 'Unable to determine Network Settings... Choose from the next screen(s)' This came up.

Any ideas people??

P.S. This is the ethernet cable I have:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5837131327&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

(But really I cant be that can it? If I ave got all the boxes green before? I hope this has made sense to you all and I know im a noob, but aye? I cant help it can I :lol: )

Yeh as long as it's a straight ethernet cable, which mean the wires at both ends are in the exact same order, then that shouldn't be the problem. I never did a auto setup I don't think, think I went through all the questions. Maybe try that and see if you have any luck, also maybe make sure your firewall isn't affecting it....if you have one that is :)

Im sure I have one lol. So what do you suggest I do? I do not know the answers to the questions they ask and also I dont know how to find out if my Firewall is affecting it? I know im a right pain. Im really sorry mate.

If you have a firewall, then (rightly or wrongly?) I would assume you have a modem/router. In that case, perhaps your firewall is stopping your PS2 from receiving the information you require.

I had that problem and had to create a DMZ (De-Militarized zone) so that information could pass straight through to my PS2 (But keeping the PC protected).

As you have a different router to me, I can't tell you how to do it. Look at my previous posts though, I think I left a link where you could pick which ISP and modem router you had and it would give you instructions.

I'm sorry I can't be more help - I've only learnt these things in the last 5 or 6 days myself. If you go on the playstation forum, they will be able to help too, but have all the facts (ISP, Modem/Router Model etc.) ready when you first post.

Ok then mate, your such a big help. Your a credit to yourself and this forum. Thats again mate. Wish the world was full of people like you :)

Keenio16

Hello everyone, I got it working lol. FINALLY. But... lol (Theres always a but) anyway, I dont know whether or not my pin is being sent to me and also it says in the Network disc book says I do not need to register with Central Station if I have already registered my Console with PS2registration and I have done that. So how to I play online with Pro Evo?It asks for a user ID and password? If I have one of these were do I find it? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Could someone tell me if I can play online from USA? thanks. I really want to play online huhu :(

Hey guys, is there any way I can play online on my PStwo with a wireless internet connection...?

Cheers, Russ

No you can´t. It´s really a shame that PS2 has not hardware to use an wireless conection :(

Back
Top Bottom