Sony PlayStation

I would have thought Curry's deliveries would be essential such as washing machines , cookers etc . I understand ps5 isn't but if they are delivering I don't see any issue

I think it will like last time, warehouses for Shopto, Amazon, Scan will stay open.

As I hope they do, as I want my Ps5 and AMD 5900x processor

How much is Sony paying these reviewers to bang on about the controller?

Sounds good, but I guarantee it will be a feature switched off after 20 minutes.
Just like the time I bought a 3D monitor really wanting one and it was good for 10 minutes and never used 3D features again.

cant wait to lay my hands on the new DS!
10 more days to go... for the us guys! :APPLAUD:

edit:

The US get the console earlier..
That explains why on Amazon all my shipping dates changed.

Spider-Man and my 2nd controller are being delivered next week and my PS5 a week later.

The US get the console earlier..
That explains why on Amazon all my shipping dates changed.

Spider-Man and my 2nd controller are being delivered next week and my PS5 a week later.
well, that was known for some time now. accessories coming a week earlier in europe!
and good so... perfect for the hyped crowd! :LOL:

its gonna be a long week for some! 🤣

well, that was known for some time now. accessories coming a week earlier in europe!
and good so... perfect for the hyped crowd! :LOL:

its gonna be a long week for some! 🤣

TBH, I haven't been paying attention.. Just when it went on sale, so I got one.
I also watched the taking apart video, so if the console is noisy, I can take it apart and change the thermal paste.

And it is not going to be a long wait for the console, there are no games coming out + They are also coming out on PS4.
Spider-Man is the only game I have purchased, and even that is running at a very disappointing 30FPS - So the next gen has hardly arrived.
There will be other games that I will purchase down the line, as the only reason I buy Sony consoles is they have the best exclusive games.

Last edited:
VR?
Sounds really cool.
TBH, I haven't been paying attention.. Just when it went on sale, so I got one.
I also watched the taking apart video, so if the console is noisy, I can take it apart and change the thermal paste.

And it is not going to be a long wait for the console, there are no games coming out + They are also coming out on PS4.
Spider-Man is the only game I have purchased, and even that is running at a very disappointing 30FPS - So the next gen has hardly arrived.
There will be other games that I will purchase down the line, as the only reason I buy Sony consoles is they have the best exclusive games.
Same here - i got one because i got some unexpected free shares from work that covered 3/4 of it plus 7% discount through work and i know if i didn't buy it now something else would get in the way :) . Sell my Ps4 pro too for 130 quid ish and its all paid for

Don't worry i am sure it will be fixed by the time there are some actual games to play.

But that is an absolute joke..

Can you imagine buying a PC, but being told only one SATA port works..
Fixed!? it was officially announced like this weeks ago!

any official announcement out yet regarding ssd’s that will work with the PS5 (performance wise)?

Fixed!? it was officially announced like this weeks ago!

any official announcement out yet regarding ssd’s that will work with the PS5 (performance wise)?

As stated, I have been paying very little attention to the PS5 launch - There are no games.

What do you mean performance wise?
SSD's in the real world are very similar, it is only in benchmarks that you see a difference in performance or if your doing mass file transfer.

M2 vs SSD is the main part to view quickly - And that is NVMe SSD against a SATA SSD - In theory the NVMe SSD is 10x faster than the SATA SSD.
Some games perform much better than others, but main difference is 10-20% - If you had a PCIe 4.0 SSD vs PCIe 3.0, the difference would be even smaller.

Last edited:
The PS5 SSD is quicker than everything on the PC market at the moment except the Samsung 980 Pro.
But the architecture on the PS5 is better, so that the bandwith can be extended using compression, pushing the bandwidth further than that achievable on the PC at the moment.

The PS5 SSD is very fast, but the reality will be different.
You should see very similar performance on PS5, with any NVMe SSD drive.
I was going to put a Samsung 970 EVO Plus in my PS5 - But also since the PS5 is not my main gaming machine 1TB should be fine.

Last edited:
It’s 825GB...
similar ain’t the same! So there are no ssd‘s out yet matching the speeds?!
I will wait till Sony is officially announcing some ssd‘s.
I‘m good.

It’s 825GB...
similar ain’t the same! So there are no ssd‘s out yet matching the speeds?!
I will wait till Sony is officially announcing some ssd‘s.
I‘m good.

As stated the real world difference, you won't even notice.
Sony will probably announce that you can use pretty much any NVMe SSD with the PS5, but the benchmark performance will be slower.

The reason the PS5 SSD is so fast is down to the unique architecture.
But since the expansion is NVMe, no matter what drive you put in there it will be slower than the main PS5 SSD.

As stated the real world difference, you won't even notice.
Sony will probably announce that you can use pretty much any NVMe SSD with the PS5, but the benchmark performance will be slower.

The reason the PS5 SSD is so fast is down to the unique architecture.
But since the expansion is NVMe, no matter what drive you put in there it will be slower than the main PS5 SSD.
So let’s see what their official word is on that soon.

667GB available for use in the ps5 via ign.

Embargo lifted for ps5 today, more reviews coming in. Same as with the xbsx, hard to judge with few games. But reviews are very positive. One differentiation is the dual sense so hope devs take advantage of that.
Seems like ms and sony put out great consoles, gamers win. Read a good comparison if MS console is netflix with the games, sony is like a cinema with 3D audio and dualsense.
Less than a week people

PS5 Tells You How Long You've Played Games--Including Previous PS4 Play Time
You can finally show off how many hours you've spent playing your favorite games.

Among the many changes and improvements you'll find in the PlayStation 5's new user interface is an enhanced profile page. Perhaps most notably, this includes a list of your played games along with details on when you last played them and how many hours you've spent with each one.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/p...ncluding-previous-ps4-play-time/1100-6484146/

Last edited:
PS5 Tells You How Long You've Played Games--Including Previous PS4 Play Time

They could show me that right now on the PS4 if they wanted. Surely this feature will come over there as well.

I need to know how many books I could have written instead of playing The Witcher 3.

Back
Top Bottom