Sony PlayStation

The ability to just take the external drive from the PS4 and plug it into the PS5 with no hassle is brilliant. When the time comes, I will just put the PS4 games I want to keep on that, and they will be ready to go on PS5.

The PlayStation 5 has a hidden Web browser; here’s how to find it
Twitter login backdoor lets you hop around to any site with a convenient link.
Officially, the PlayStation 5 doesn't include a Web browser, marking an apparent software downgrade from the PlayStation 4. But Ars has discovered the PS5 does actually include a limited, hidden Web browsing interface that you can use to load up generic websites on your TV in a pinch.
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020...as-a-hidden-web-browser-heres-how-to-find-it/

Got the controller out the box.

The weight of it is very nice, buttons feel pretty good.
The size and feel of it is certainly nicer than the PS4 Dualshock, and overall an improvement without actually using it.
Might try it on my PC later, so I can see what it is like in a couple of games.

Downsides are the buttons on the front look pretty cheap.

However the controller feels a massive improvement over the PS4 Dualshock.

Last edited:
@bsmaff why are you making yourself look like this!?^^ i dont get it.
Come on now. He has an opinion and he's making a joke out of it, and a fair joke to make. Towards either new console, by the way. I could easily say "why are you making yourself look so sensitive?"

You did this to me a few days ago, following up a generally positive post I made, when I said that in cross-platform games I can't imagine the DualSense implementation will mean "missing out" (i.e. in PES/FIFA, having the triggers become harder to push when someone's tired, which is nice, but not something to buy a console for - my bet is that going forward, it'll mostly be first-party titles that really use it to full effect). You said:

@Chris Davies at least one example for every genre i named above was shown/written about! do you want sources?

I ignored your response because I didn't want to drag the thread down, but I don't know if you realise how oddly confrontational that is (just like your post above). I have an opinion about cross-platform implementation going forward. The Xbox has had haptic triggers for years now, and I completely forgot, because after year one, very few games use them (certainly the games I play, anyway). So that's my feeling. Please don't start confronting people because they're not as positive as you are. We don't all have to love something. We're not forcing you to dislike something.

Come on now. He has an opinion and he's making a joke out of it, and a fair joke to make. Towards either new console, by the way. I could easily say "why are you making yourself look so sensitive?"

You did this to me a few days ago, following up a generally positive post I made, when I said that in cross-platform games I can't imagine the DualSense implementation will mean "missing out" (i.e. in PES/FIFA, having the triggers become harder to push when someone's tired, which is nice, but not something to buy a console for - my bet is that going forward, it'll mostly be first-party titles that really use it to full effect). You said:

I ignored your response because I didn't want to drag the thread down, but I don't know if you realise how oddly confrontational that is (just like your post above). I have an opinion about cross-platform implementation going forward. The Xbox has had haptic triggers for years now, and I completely forgot, because after year one, very few games use them (certainly the games I play, anyway). So that's my feeling. Please don't start confronting people because they're not as positive as you are. We don't all have to love something. We're not forcing you to dislike something.
see, i did not judge his comment as trolling, as i think or hope he isnt! but then its just plain wrong what hes writing! and i dont want users making false statements and other do believe them! like i want to be corrected for the greater good when i say something that isnt correct!

same with your comment!
" But in reality, other than a few sports games making the triggers harder to push when your players get tired, the only solid implementation seems to be the stuff in the Astrobot game (which is designed to show it off). So I'll get over it, I'm sure. "
its incorrect!
if you wouldve at least added "so far" or "afaik"...

i may not have noticed how my posts came across confrontational! all i want, and i am repeating myself here, that we talk the facts!
think of the PES thread... if id say its all good AI wise... lets take another example: if id say you cant play PES 11vs 11 then this would be hammered on! and right so, because its a false statement!

i wont stop correcting comments if they are obviously wrong! if you cant see the good in that... well, ok!

* but you can do me a huge favor, as english isnt my native language: how do i approch such a situation in a more non confrontational way?

and again: i just mean good! :BYE:

edit: love or hate whatever you want, im with that! but get the facts straight. thats all i wish for.

edit2: see, you did better here (imo), as far as i understand the english language: "my bet is that going forward, it'll mostly be first-party titles that really use it to full effect " :TU:

edit3: and just to be sure... please dont tell me my request (*) is cocky or something... i really want to know and get better in that regard!! :))

Last edited:
My comment was made as a joke.
It was not my intention to make anyone angry or upset with the comment.

However it is my opinion of 'BOTH' the new consoles that at the moment they have zero games available at launch, well certainly none that interest me and it is without a doubt IMO the worst console launch in history.
I can not remember a single console launch where you would not buy a single launch title - Like now.
Spiderman is the only game I am buying for the PS5, but I would of bought that anyway on PS4.

The Xbox is full of games with graphical improvements and not much else, and I can't think of a single exclusie game which is available from Day 1.
The PS5 is very similar again with very little games on launch, and zero that interest me. I have bought SpiderMan Ultimate Edition, but this is available on PS4 - Although graphically this does look much better on PS5 and I really hope that the PS5 gets rid of the incredibly bad draw distance issues and LOD of the PS4 version, which completely ruined the immersion for me when swinging through the city on PS4 Pro.

Both new consoles have their selling points.
Xbox is the superior machine and comes with features which for me are better Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos sound.
PS5 comes with 3D sound?? and until proving otherwise a gimmick controller - Which I feel that since the Xbox won the power war, Sony feel they need to win the gimmick war.
Both consoles are also light and day more powerful and better than the PS4/Xbox One, the SSD and the fact they now have proper processors in them make them well worth a purchase.

In the future however, and the reason why I have bought a PS5 is the Naughty Dog exclusives will make the PS5 a better console for myself, as multi platform games will always be played on PC.

I will make sure that from now on in this thread, I will stick to facts and not post anymore jokes incase some people find them offensive and misinformed.

Last edited:
If you're a PC/Console gamer then the next gen launch is garbage (IMO) and severely lacking in quality titles, though if you're a Console only gamer or more Console with some PC then you're probably quite happy right now :)

No point picking up a new console right now. Will wait until all the bugs are dealt with, folders are added, web browser is added, actual next gen games arrive and the PS5 is redesigned so that it doesn't look like a kids toy. Roll on black PS5 Pro.👍

I don't play my PS4 enough to justify going out and spending a months rent on a PS5 especially when there's nothing enticing on there for me right now unless FIFA 21 is literally footballing utopia which is unlikely too.

But the video's of what we have so far is nice but I'm aroused by the loading times, responsiveness of the menu's and that controller especially.

It's just always funny how cutting edge the current gen feels when you first get it versus how unacceptable the basics such as navigation feel at the end of it's cycle.

Back
Top Bottom