Spanish La Liga Thread

seriously, Barcelona need to change their style, they are extra excellent in possession to forbid opponents to attack them, so they forgot how to defend in their half, I have never seen Barça change the style and be good at it. when they're stuck, they're stuck. No solution, because they know only one tactic : possession.

It's good to keep the ball, but it's nothing when you can't defend even 3 vs 4 situations.
every counter by Madrid means emergency in Barça's area.
I am sure if Bayern players were in those counters, they would never show pity.

Very bad goalkeeping indeed, and very bad defending of the whole team. Barcelona needs first and foremost to throw out this board, one of the worse in history. After this, then we could talk about point 2 in the list ;)

Real did the basic tactic that works against Barcelona this year, wait back and run in a straight line in counter attacks. They studied where and how they could inflict pain and on the other side we all knew it was coming except our coach and our players.

The goalkeeping situation has been bad for years. Váldes is ok at beast, and Pinto wasn't even good at Celta.

But Barça's defense is the thing that always makes me scratch my head. Puyol has been having injury problems for most of the last two seasons. Piqué is too slow without a workhorse like Puyol on his side. Bartra is a sub-par defender, nothing more than a sub (at least at this point of his career). Mascherano is a 175cm defensive midfielder, that is not even very athletic (like Cannavaro or Cordoba, which allowed them to compensate their small sizes for the position). And yet, for the last couple of seasons they didn't bought nobody! Spending 60 to 100 millions on Neymar for a position in which they have so many options.

I am amazed with how Alves wasn't booked here...first he pushes Modrić when ball was out of play and than throws it into his face...and all that in front of the referee
YouTube - Pelotazo en la cara de Dani Alves a Modric | Barcelona 1-2 Real Madrid

Could you put as well the moment in which Sergio Ramos kicks Alves on the floor, the nazi flags in the Madrid fan zone or the racial monkey chants of the Madrid fans against Neymar and Alves?

It was a quite fair match compared to what we had the Mourinho dark years. The ref was quite good (Isco could have had a second yellow for handing the ball, but hey...), the players were hugging at the end and the loser team stayed in the pitch to honour the deserved champion.

well, Alves should have been booked in that incident too, because of his dive (or has he made a foul, I am not 100% sure what was given there) and than kicking Ramos' hand. Also, Ramos should have been booked because of him kicking Alves just like you said.

I haven't seen nazi flags so I will not comment on that for now. As for racial chants...those who did that should be punished.

I fully agree with last part of your post though.

crazy run :O

bbba2oksd.gif

This is absolutely amazing. Look how far out he's at one point.

Btw: Who's that Barca player dying in the middle after Bale scored?

I wish they did, so I could go to the stadium, stand up and applaud while Atletico players come out to the pitch. I think the whole stadium would be standing up and applauding them. They deserve it.

Now, Atletico is running out of gas and has Champions as well... I hope they don't end up drawning 1 meter off the coast.

Well Alex, i still think that in the end they will faill and Real Madrid will win it...a litle bit like Real Sociedad when they were so good and lost it...

That'd be heartbreaking. They made it this far, and they deserve at least one title to reward their efforts for the whole season.
It's true that their squad is a bit short to play on both fronts, but I think Atléti can cope with it.

Wow that should have bean goal of season , shame it only hit the post ... Aduriz, i think that would have bean even better than Ronney goal vs City?

Don't fancy watching that tbh :P

edit: nvm thought you were showing me Rooney's overhead.

Great effort by Aduriz

Last edited:
I was at the stadium with 3 friends who are Bilbao fans and we spent a great time together. It was an incredible overhead kick, he jumped very high and my friends jumped from their seats shouting and putting the hands on their heads.

The match was one of the best this season, with many open goal chances, posts, disallowed goals, intensity and good football by both teams.

If the players had played with this intensity the last months... Anyway I really want Bilbao to qualify for the Champions.

;) Yes I posted that on Facebook, it's true, I usually don't do selfies. They are my Cinema degree friends, and despite the defeat they had a great time. They're suffering because Sevilla is now only 3 points away and next match is Bilbao - Sevilla!

Bielsa went away last season and now it's Valverde managing, who is a very good coach and better person and he's in the list to be at Barcelona next year. I don't think he's prepared for that, but who knows, we said the same about Guardiola back at the time (though it only took 5 minutes hearing Guardiola to know he was someone special).

Bielsa asks his players for utmost intensity and lives football at a level few squads can endure for long. It's not a surprise that his teams blossom quickly and degrade quickly as well. I love the passion he has for football and how he conceives the sport as a perpetual race to get the ball and do something with it. Guardiola is a keen admirer of Bielsa, as many other coaches, and some say it's the most influential manager in the last 20 years.

I love the man. I think he agreed with Olympique Marseille for next season.

Last edited:
just looking over the last day fixtures. I must say it could go down to the wire! Barca vs Atletico ,fixture 38....lose and hand over the title in your back yard,or win and hand RM the title :BOP:

The title race is just as close as the EPL ! :BOP::WORSHIP:

Back
Top Bottom