Spanish La Liga Thread

so, we're on our way to have another thrilling end to La Liga season as Atletico has slipped today away at Levante (lost 2-0). If Real Madrid wins tonight against Valencia and than again on Wednesday in re-arranged match against Real Valladolid they will be on equal points with Atletico and 3 in front of Barcelona 2 matches to go.

If they all win in their penultimate match than all 3 of them will go in last game with chance of winning the title, with Atletico and Barcelona playing against each other.

Last time 3 teams were fighting for title until last minute was in 2006/07 when Real won on better head-to-head results against Barcelona.

This is a pretty amazing season of football..i even see the humor in United s season. Still hope Atletico take either the title or the CL..if one of the two..then the latter please.

Atléti have won one and draw the other game against Real Madrid.

Great game so far. Both teams playing lights out. Both Keeprs have been sensational.
Best league in the world!

so...Real Madrid has ruled themselves out of title fight...they really know when to screw things up

so now, if Real wins on Wednesday against Valladolid and all 3 of them win in match 37 than Barca has to win against Atletico and Real has to win against Espanyol to win the title. They are really not in good position now as they don't depend on themselves only, but it is still doable...although I really doubt it.

Yeah, but if they are minutes away from giving the title to Real, I will bet you that the afición will start chanting for them to lose.

this title race is doing my head in...im not even a supporter . I just like Bale n Ronaldo after hating them for so long :P

The awesome last-minute heel goal by Ronaldo can give them the title. Without that goal, Barcelona would have turned the main favorite, depending only by himself. Plus, it puts Barcelona against in the race for the title, so they will make it tougher for Atletico. Maquiavelic!

Right now, I think Real Madrid will win the title if they win all their games, Atletico can suffer too much pressure and Barcelona doesn't deserve the title at all. If they had played with a minimum of intensity, they would be champions by now. But if you don't run...

Best La Liga season in decades! We used to win the last-minute titles in the 90s...

By the way, I'm a bit of a moneyball guy always looking for statistics. Real Madrid is the only team that has been awarded 5 5-minutes stoppage time in the league when loosing or drawing. Barcelona has had only 1 4-minute match and the rest below 3. I wonder why is that.

Besides, in stoppage time, Real Madrid has won 4 additional points and Barcelona has lost 4, which shows the difference in spirit and willpower of both teams and may decide the league if Atletico can't make it.

Is pep going back? Now, that Barça has a temporary transfer ban that lasted 2 weeks :LOL: .This has been a very exciting run to the title. We could appreciate how good Barça title wining run in the past. So, we have 2 Spanish clubs in the CL final and another in Europa final. Spanish are making headlines :SHOCK:

RM still to me look like individuals (NT squad ) I still want them to win the CL. So we can move on and kill that obsession 'la decíma'

Should be some finale.

All 3 can win it still, unbelievable.

So many if's and but's.

Obviously dependant on Real winning in a couple of days though.

FD

Madrid season in La Liga has been slightly worse... Barcelona had a great first round, it's in the last months that poor performances started to happen too often. On the other hand, Madrid has been doing them more regularly. I think that both teams are suffering from physical and mental tiredness, they are burned.

Real Madrid has had these form dips regularly yet grinded out results for a long while. They're just a tad less lucky at the moment. Barcelona has been consistently great-to-fantastic for several seasons but after the humiliation against Bayern last season they have shown less consistency, or should I say regular mortal consistency.

Maybe it's an end of an era or perhaps just a phase between two eras. Anyway, I still hope Atlético takes the double due to the modern fairytale it would be. I wouldn't cry if Barcelona shambled to a victory either, it's not undeserved after all.

it's official. if barcelona wins their last game, they get the title. but of course, atletico is a much tougher opponent than elche...

I really predicted Atletico and Barcelona to lose points today, and I was sure of that, so I was hoping RM would win to revive their hopes, but, they threw their chance again, what pisses me off that in the last three games; we could have won and be first of the table easily and not depend on any other team. Fuck.

Back
Top Bottom