Spanish La Liga Thread

this season is strange, every team of the trio (mostly RM & FCB) seems to push away the title.
so many chances thrown away, last two weeks the trio lost points.
it's strange in a top class league, these teams play cold.

Yeah on the other hand teams that NEEDED To get a win to avoid relegation did like Getafe. Of course they're still in danger....

Elche is now safe as well after draw against Barca. Race at bottom is almost even more interesting.

What happens is that Barcelona doesn't have the form, the will and the hunger to win anything. The players are to blame, all of them.

Xavi is playing crap, same as Iniesta and Messi. Cesc, at least, tries to do something... to no avail.

They don't deserve the title and I would bet money they won't win it on saturday.

What happens is that Barcelona doesn't have the form, the will and the hunger to win anything. The players are to blame, all of them.

Xavi is playing crap, same as Iniesta and Messi. Cesc, at least, tries to do something... to no avail.

They don't deserve the title and I would bet money they won't win it on saturday.

You said it all!

He he, thanks! It's a very good article, but it's skipping the most crucial part for most of the members and fans of the club: the attitude.

Loosing is part of the game and all teams can loose: valar morghulis. But, there are ways of losing. And ways of winning. Watching Messi walk less than 4 km in a lost match is excruciating. Watching Xavi and Iniesta totally ignoring defense, or Busquets playing at slow motion because he should have had surgery months ago and he didn't because he wanted to go to the world cup...

I have friends who work inside the club, and they all tell the same story. Players just lack the will. They have won so much they don't car much for what happens. It's a miracle they made it so far... walking.

Let's recap the Barcelona plan for the match at Elche: on wednesday they didn't train and had a barbaque (really). On thursday, due to Madrid lost points at Valladolid and being again in the title race, the team decided to concentrate together to do a... dinner barbaque. And on friday... they had the day off! On saturday they trained for 1 hour!

No wonder why on earth the team displayed so poorly against Elche on Sunday. If you don't train, if you are allowed to do what you want whenever you want, you turn into an spoilt child. And, even if they play for the team I passionately love, spoilt childs don't deserve any reward.

The article is good enough, but the reason why members of the club are so upset go even further than the pitch. There are many things this board is doing wrong, there have been unacceptable attitudes in the board, the bench and the pitch. How on earth can you configure a squad without any pure striker when your goal is to win it all? What's next, playing without goalkeeper? It's just arrogance.

There have been many times when the team has tried and has lost, there's no problem on that. But when you loose (or even win) without the right attitude and you're earning MILLIONS in this time of Spanish struggling economy, you can't expect people to be that blind.

Last edited:
Re: Spanish La Liga Thread << Atleti Champions! >>

Congrats Atléti. What a season! Winning the title on rival's turf is as big as it gets.

Last edited:

Wanted to watch it later but fucking Clive cunting Tyldesley fucking spoiled the fucking game whilst commentating on the FA Cup final.

TWAT

Congrats Athletico madrid. What a display of desire that I have said many times I envy seeing

I hope my team gets their shit together next season. They played in 2 nd gear this year

A truly cinderella story. Congrats to Atlético de Madrid and all their fans on this phenomenal achievement and a big :WORSHIP: to El Cholo Simeone.

Congratulations Atletico!

Incredible achievement facing two juggernauts in Barca and Real. Hopefully they can go one step further and claim the European Cup.

congratulations to Atletico. They had quite a constant run of form and they deserved it more than Real and Barca with their huge oscillations in form.

At least the trophy is back in Madrid, even though not at the stadium I wanted

Congratulations Atletico! It was great to hear all the Barcelona stadium chanting "Atleeeeeti, Atleeeeeeti" at the end of the match, making it sound that Atleti was the deserved winner and the best team of the season.

Simeone is a great coach.

PS: Barcelona played crap as usual. Players like Iniesta, Busquets Pedro are adding 0 value to the team. A revolution is needed this summer. I doubt the current board is able to do it properly.

Atletico Madrid will have to wait to be presented with La Liga trophy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...head-Spanish-FA-travelling.html#ixzz325E3wcso

Disgusting! If La Liga's darlings Boring Barca or Rip Off Real had won it, they'd fly the trophy right over to Messi & Ronaldo's house!

Farcical league.

CONGRATS ATLETI! I love you guys.

With your boring blind hate you don't even know what you're ripping off.

Villar, the president of the Spanish Federation, was away on a personal trip so no matter who would have won the league, they would have get the trophy at the start of the next season, as it happened to other teams all those years.

It's lame? Yes.
They should learn from the Premier League organization? Yes.

But this is Spain and the fact that the Spanish federation is lame and pathetic and can't even get things like this right doesn't give you a free card towards Barcelona and Madrid this time.

Back
Top Bottom