The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

Probably specs wise, but the massive advantage apple has IMO, is having software and hardware built for each other.

i was pointing out the fact that those speed tests only just beat the samsung s3 which has been out for months.. so yea technology part of iphone 5 has been about a long time already, in terms of performance

and pointing out the fact how far behind the rival to the samsung s3 which is the iphone 4s was/is behind the pack.

i guess a fan boy couldn't read that once, so maybe twice?;)

the key to the comment was the iphone 4s.... look at the benchmarks of that

Last edited:
i was pointing out the fact that those speed tests only just beat the samsung s3 which has been out for months.. so yea technology part of iphone 5 has been about a long time already, in terms of performance

and pointing out the fact how far behind the rival to the samsung s3 which is the iphone 4s was/is behind the pack.

i guess a fan boy couldn't read that once, so maybe twice?;)

the key to the comment was the iphone 4s.... look at the benchmarks of that

My original post was just in annoyance to yours to be honest - specs in mobile are utterly redundant. The benchmarks of the iPhone 4S are far behind that of the S3, but it still runs iOS6 smooth as butter a year later. See where I'm coming from? Specs are not important when the software and hardware are so well intwined.

I'm just sick of people comparing the specs of the S3 (which DOES have the best specs for a phone on the market) to everything else - like a badge saying, 'This phone has the best specs. Therefore it is the best.'

That is true for a lot of things, but not in mobile devices and not to the average consumer.

does yours have scratches or dents or anything? at first glance mine looked fine but i have a little thing on the backside (where the glossy black is) where one can see white / aluminium

sucks!

seems like a lot of people got this. called apple, they said i should call again on monday to confirm getting an exchange (i want to switch to white now)

I think I will jailbreak my iPhone 5 when an untethered is available. Even if it's just to have a kill all running apps button and some quick access buttons and to add gestures support!

i will get a replacement phone within 5 days and can use my current black one until then

good support by apple

Nice. Are you going to purchase Applecare+? The replacement service is fast and convenient, and the agreement lasts for 2 years for $100 USD.

After using it over the weekend (black model), I've already got a couple of small scratches :CONFUSE: I dread to think what it will look like after a year of use.

This could be a big issue for Apple!

Other than that, the phone is absolutely phenomenal.

It's quite easy to get a replacement if you just walk into an Apple Store.

Now... I don't care about the iPhone 5... I want iMac news dammit. I want to buy a new iMac!

Back
Top Bottom