The Master League adventures thread

Yes they are on 1v1 (goalkeepers glued to the line)

They have had so many great players,Batistuta...omg!
One of my favourites as well,Ronaldo at Inter was so good too, Maradonna in Napoli.
The 90s and Serie A was brilliant.
Thanks mate

Yeah, Serie A was amazing, even in the early 2000...
I'm planning to play my ML in Italy but I don't know what team yet (I accept suggestions) I want to play in D2, maybe I'll do the same as the guy playing with Milan, I like his ideia.

There's a few fun teams to play as.
Obviously the big ones,but also Atalanta/Sampdoria,and Genoa.
It's a tight league with Juventus/Napoli then Inter/Atalanta Lazio/Roma and Milan.

Yeah, Serie A was amazing, even in the early 2000...
I'm planning to play my ML in Italy but I don't know what team yet (I accept suggestions) I want to play in D2, maybe I'll do the same as the guy playing with Milan, I like his ideia.
I'm contemplating doing the same, Milan but with the defaults so starting in serie B. Already played a few matches in a test ML in that setup. also got an Arsenal save going but I always go for the English leagues so maybe time for a change of pace. As others have stated the San siro pitch really looks...off though. I'm on PC so I'm sure mods will fix this but still. I love those kits though.

Also with stats mattering again leagues really play differently now. Championship is way faster than serie b in my experience. Serie b is easier though...perhaps a bit too easy.

Vs SPAL 2-1
Then Vs AC Milan at home,no matter team I've played so far,90% of my goals are 70+ min and fw.
Takes that long to grind down a defence or make their formation a bit out of line due to fatigue.
Milan was very tough I had 1-1 (from 0-1) in the 70th minute before Kalinic scored on nice little dink in to the box
At the end when Milan pushed up,I counter attacked on them and made it 3-1!
Lovely game

I'm pleased to see I'm not the only person that hits the post perfectly like that and has to score the rebound. This is just about my only gripe with basic shooting.

Love to see a ML with Roma, I'm not italian but I started to follow Roma because of Batigol, Totti and Montella on CM01/02... Keep going mate!

I don't have PES20 yet but it seems sometimes the keepers still glued on the line =X

They certainly do rush out at times (I've not enough data to identify the trigger yet, I suspect it depends on the defenders positioning) as I've had to score little dink chips over a rushing keeper. I like the 'stress' when one on one as I hope they rush and when they don't I suddenly have to change my mind. It adds excitement to the scenario.

New ML Episaode up on PESFX Blog

WAqfGzK.png

I'm contemplating doing the same, Milan but with the defaults so starting in serie B. Already played a few matches in a test ML in that setup. also got an Arsenal save going but I always go for the English leagues so maybe time for a change of pace. As others have stated the San siro pitch really looks...off though. I'm on PC so I'm sure mods will fix this but still. I love those kits though.

Also with stats mattering again leagues really play differently now. Championship is way faster than serie b in my experience. Serie b is easier though...perhaps a bit too easy.

Yeah, I loved what he did with Milan, it's a great idea. I was thinking doing this with Brescia but I have to decide what team to manage yet. Championship it is a possibility but I love italian football hehe.

I'm pleased to see I'm not the only person that hits the post perfectly like that and has to score the rebound. This is just about my only gripe with basic shooting.

They certainly do rush out at times (I've not enough data to identify the trigger yet, I suspect it depends on the defenders positioning) as I've had to score little dink chips over a rushing keeper. I like the 'stress' when one on one as I hope they rush and when they don't I suddenly have to change my mind. It adds excitement to the scenario.

Yes, I just played the demo and this annoyed me a lil bit but I agree with you, it's not the worst thing.

After three straight losses and a drop from 1st place to 4th I finally got a win in.
3-1 Vs Genoa away
Man of the match Mikhitaryan (spelling) strong in the ball,great finisher!

And i have United trying to target Dzeko,so I had to re negotiate his contract and have a higher release clause in!
Also had a draw Vs Sampdoria,a physical game that left Sampdoria with 10 players at the end with a late red card.

So, after 12 matches, one point and only one goal scored, I think it´s safe to say Superstar is, well, a rather stupid dificulty. At least in terms of realism. I´m trying to play the game based on basic football concepts, but on Superstar it´s just not possible. My team is rather weak, ok, but still, playing against my rival this morning, a similar team, and I had absolutely no chance. They press like maniacs, run like maniacs and pass like maniacs, all the freaking time. Worst thing, they are 100% perfect on every single aspect of their tactics. No way, I won´t accept that for realistic gameplay.

Tried TP, thinking I would regret beacause I really love PA1 this year, and things could get to easy. But nope, really enjoyed it... a lot! Very well balanced matches, against similar teams. They still press hard sometimes, but they are not effective robots anymore, lots of scrambles and bad passes both for me and CPU. More fouls, maybe because I feel more confident and risk a bit more of close control and holding the ball (wich, on SS, is nearly impossible). Stats are pretty good too.

Got a first win against VVV and a draw against Walwijck. Really nice matches to be honest. Maybe I´m set to a proper ML now, though this first season has long gone down the drain lol.

Time flies!
33 games in.
3rd place.
I'm out of the cup (semi)
Also out of EL (last 32)
Been simming quite a few games.
It tough now that I'm all in on TP PA0,but oh so fun.
Just beat Lecce 3-1.
If I'm not sacked,I'll rebuild my squad (Def) properly next year.

Yeah, I loved what he did with Milan, it's a great idea. I was thinking doing this with Brescia but I have to decide what team to manage yet. Championship it is a possibility but I love italian football hehe.

Yes, I just played the demo and this annoyed me a lil bit but I agree with you, it's not the worst thing.
Think I'm going with championship after all now that klashman had released his tactics. I'm liking playing as Milan but with stats mattering again, Serie B is way easier in comparison to the championship. I haven't lost a game yet and am not getting that slow, grindy feel that I'm looking for in ML. So, I think it's back to Arsenal then and starting again , for real this time.

Back to the Serie A chat guys, I loved the Inter side with Ruben Sosa.

Also I had a soft spot for Parma and Fiorentina back then.

We have an Italian football show in the 90s which I was addicted to called Gazetta Football Italia presented by the superb James Richardson who is now on BT Sport. His knowledge of Italy and the Italian game is second to none as far as English guys go.

Check out this episode if you’re bored, I watched this show every single Saturday morning as a youngster:

We have an Italian football show in the 90s which I was addicted to called Gazetta Football Italia presented by the superb James Richardson who is now on BT Sport. His knowledge of Italy and the Italian game is second to none as far as English guys go.

Check out this episode if you’re bored, I watched this show every single Saturday morning as a youngster:
Loved Serie A very early on,lots of Swedish terrace culture is from there and south America,and that's where my interest came from.
The mid nineties and up to the mid 00, Serie A was outstanding,remember Milan's early 90's team that were unbeatable.
Always had a thing for Roma ,seen them quite a few times live as well.
Nowadays it's mainly TV for me,though I try to go to Rome at least once a year.
My girlfriend doesn't share this ,TV is occupied Sat- Mon every week,like a kid:)

Always watched this too and played serie a in championship manager 97/98. Bierhoff from Udinese was always my first signing for 7.25 mil.

So many great names back then. Ronaldo, Del Piero, Inzaghi, George Weah, Batistuta, Conte, peruzzi, Tachinardi could go on all day lol. Will definitely start a serie a when I pick up the new PES

He presents The Totally Football Show podcast now, and the Fantasy Premier League podcast. The former is fantastic, don't know about the latter.

First season with Roma done!
3rd place (Inter won Napoli 2nd)
Semi in the cup,last 32 in the EL

Same goals for this season,a CL spot!

Two players out Jesus (CB) and Kalinic (CF)
Mats Hummels,Nabil Fekir and T Werner in.

Started the season with a CL qf round Vs Liverpool,won the first leg 4-3.
And the season premiere in the league Vs Empoli ended 2-1 me.

any news about national team manager offer (next year 4th August) ?
So you are missing Euro 2020 ?

You do get international offers. Due to my poor showing in my first Championship season, I didn't get an offer until the summer. It's possible you could get offers before the Euros I expect, but the offers I did get at that point weren't for European teams.

He presents The Totally Football Show podcast now, and the Fantasy Premier League podcast. The former is fantastic, don't know about the latter.

And the Totally European Football Show which comes out on a Tuesday to compliment the Monday/Thursday Totally Football Show. I think it's on the same feed but is just about the European games from the past weekend.

If you're into some retro Serie A themed fun, the he also does Golazzo too. That's been off for a few months but is coming back soon (next month I think)

All good podcasts to listen to, helps make the commute to work a bit less shit.

Restarted my ML save with Hijos del Anexo now that I have Castolo and the others at the team. Also I improved the OVR of my team mates so we can carry out the team to La Liga and try to win everything. I'll play with everything set to Normal aside Budget, set to Very Large so I can pay all salaries without problems. It will be 12 mins, FuMa, Professional. Also I have another ML with Real Madrid and thinking about starting another one with Betis in the future. This game.

Sorry, I saw that we can't choose 'classic mode' or 'challenge mode' starting ML... Can club dismiss us or we can choose to continue our adventure with the same team? Thanks.

I was in last place with Twente after 12 matches with only one point, and only one goal scored. Still employed lol. But I did receive some news from the boss that the media were already speculating about my way out.

I was in last place with Twente after 12 matches with only one point, and only one goal scored. Still employed lol. But I did receive some news from the boss that the media were already speculating about my way out.
Looks like you'll only get sacked after the season (from what I've read)

My Milan side is flying considering I’m in Super Star.

Drew 0-0 away at Roma but controlled the entire match.

Then I beat OB in the Europa League away from home 3-1. Rebic is a beast! And because my CFs have both been terrible I’ve risked him there (even though he’s best at SS).

Next up was SPAL at San Siro. Controlled the first half but made silly mistakes in second half. Rebic was in beast mode again though and we sneaked a 2-1 win.

Unbeaten and only two goals conceded in my four competitive matches so I’m happy!

My Milan side is flying considering I’m in Super Star.

Drew 0-0 away at Roma but controlled the entire match.

Then I beat OB in the Europa League away from home 3-1. Rebic is a beast! And because my CFs have both been terrible I’ve risked him there (even though he’s best at SS).

Next up was SPAL at San Siro. Controlled the first half but made silly mistakes in second half. Rebic was in beast mode again though and we sneaked a 2-1 win.

Unbeaten and only two goals conceded in my four competitive matches so I’m happy!
Next up,a bunch of tough games (scripted)?
I grinder out a 2-1 win vs Empoli at home for my first game (s2)

Next up,a bunch of tough games (scripted)?
I grinder out a 2-1 win vs Empoli at home for my first game (s2)
Hope not mate. I’m enjoying this winning feeling! ;)

I’m slowly getting better at this game. Patience is more key than ever - knowing when to play the final killer pass is important. I’m really enjoying it I have to say.

Hope not mate. I’m enjoying this winning feeling! ;)

I’m slowly getting better at this game. Patience is more key than ever - knowing when to play the final killer pass is important. I’m really enjoying it I have to say.
I lost it a few times when playing it,but never really because of ai,I obviously blamed the ai for my short comings,but 90% is probably down to me being shit or rushing it,and quite frankly playing it the way I played my last football game (you know which one) and it doesn’t work doing that.
All the best game n your career mate,remember,if and when it hits,it’s only temporary,it’ll go back being really good again!

I´m trying Professional with PA0 now. Feels very good too. Way more patient approach from CPU, really like it, and they´re more human like in reactions and decisions. A bit less agression and less fouls I supose, but only really made a match and a half. It´s competitive though.

This game is so good! Sometimes I´m fighting to break the CPU deep defense, and all of a sudden, I find my self counter attacking with an isolated striker, with only the keeper to beat. Never saw that in the last couple years. But again, playing on Pro is so calm! Not that speedy and stressful experience. I might actually stick with it!

Back
Top Bottom