The Master League adventures thread

I´m trying Professional with PA0 now. Feels very good too. Way more patient approach from CPU, really like it, and they´re more human like in reactions and decisions. A bit less agression and less fouls I supose, but only really made a match and a half. It´s competitive though.

This game is so good! Sometimes I´m fighting to break the CPU deep defense, and all of a sudden, I find my self counter attacking with an isolated striker, with only the keeper to beat. Never saw that in the last couple years. But again, playing on Pro is so calm! Not that speedy and stressful experience. I might actually stick with it!
PAO on TP is even better,way more random play,CPU screwing up passes more,you win 50/50 battles way more,shooting/through balls etc,so much better.
Professional feels more on rails,but it's much better (tlo me) than on PA1 regardless.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Using PA1, I tried TP and it felt miles better than SS, more errors, even more fouls because the referees are not that infuenced by the scripting. But I felt that with time, PA1 on TP would become eventually too easy. Maybe that´s the sweet spot, TP with PA0. I always felt that using PA0 makes the CPU a bit more forgiving, I might try it out tonight and see how it goes.

I just can't get a flow going with manual passes. When it comes to quick 1-2's the angle has to be perfect. Add some enemy pressure into it and all I can do is slow build-up play that (in contrast to Chelsea's real tactics) don't focus the middle, so I have to go wide, but it's not as fun. Might drop to PA1 to give me a little bit of relief.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Using PA1, I tried TP and it felt miles better than SS, more errors, even more fouls because the referees are not that infuenced by the scripting. But I felt that with time, PA1 on TP would become eventually too easy. Maybe that´s the sweet spot, TP with PA0. I always felt that using PA0 makes the CPU a bit more forgiving, I might try it out tonight and see how it goes.
That's how I've seen it since starting on PA0 on Pes 13,gameplay is a bit calmer,maybe because you take some time passing the ball.
One good thing this year is how the players positions their bodies when passing,makes the PA0 passing a bit "easier".
I think you'll like it

I just can't get a flow going with manual passes. When it comes to quick 1-2's the angle has to be perfect. Add some enemy pressure into it and all I can do is slow build-up play that (in contrast to Chelsea's real tactics) don't focus the middle, so I have to go wide, but it's not as fun. Might drop to PA1 to give me a little bit of relief.
When it clicks it clicks,still screwing up my self,crossing is the hardest,but to me it's a great way to play

My reports after season 2, now in Serie A:

Superstar is ridiculous. Extremely entertaining in the back - defending against SS AI is a great fun to be honest and some players, especially the ones who ripped me a new asshole like Freddy Chiesa or Sansone are a joy to watch, even if you're the one getting beaten :D Up front however it was a misery, I had a grand total of eight goals scored after 20 Serie A games :OOOH: it feels impossible, but I choose to believe I, we, simply have to learn and adapt to new game, there's new controls, new tricks, new AI, new everything.

I moved back to Top Player after 25th fixture and it was actually somewhat sad, it's noticeably easier. There were many games where I'd hold onto a meager 1-0 or 2-1 lead, I only got trashed by Inter (0-3), I ended up going with a cunt spearhead formation - 4-3-3 all centre attack with 2xSS and 1xCF to simply pierce through the middle of defence. And it worked, sometimes it was very ugly, but bloody efficient!

Our campaign ended on 13th place. San Marino on the other hand is making a history, sitting atop of their World Cup Qualifiers group, having beaten Czechs (1-0), Belgiumians (2-1), drawn against Denmark (0-0) and recently losing to Czechs (1-2). And in comparison NT games feel way, way easier. Canny explain it!!

For all its faults and inconsistencies, I have very, very few scripting incidents with this game. Pleasant surprise.

Cutscenes are boring as all hell already.

A budget recommendation from me, I thought that small budget will be a fun challenge, but its not PES 5 days. Player prices grow exponentially now and it shows! Don't start with 2M of euromonie in Serie A. You will be fucking dead and bodied. I can only afford maybe one quality player now and since I sold rest of default team, I have 16 players left and no money to fill the holes :BRMM: I will have to resort to free agents again, maybe I'll take 3 and not the best ones available.

Also I got rid of Quagliarella, I know Felix is only 16 but what a waste of human flesh!! Totally useless. Still, cashed 20 millions in, a reimbursement for terrible ML setup choices.

Otherwise I'm happy with my team. Serie B leaders are growing. Cassata took the armband from Giorza since he's the true leader of this Milan. Universal midfielder, well, I don't even think CMF is his nominal position. The whole pitch is his home, he's everywhere and does everything. He's my true hero so far. Works very well with Renato Sanches, these two really grind the enemy down in the middle of the park. Just gotta add quality DMF behind them and voila, Italy is going to die :BOP:

As of now we just gotta keep filling the holes, cheat a little bit with free agents...I will be going up to Superstar again, relegation battle is actually a lot of fun :BRMM:

@rockstrongo are you using the latest patch? I uninstalled the game including option file etc... and went back to vanilla version but i don't see much difference. One thing that I see a lot on vanilla and patched is the ball played to the CPU striker through the middle, he plays it back to the midfielder and then runs forward for the return pass. It happened a lot in the 3 games i tested in ML tester in the championship on top player. I was hoping that would happen less on vanilla.

Anyway, i am thinking of installing all new patches and option files again and include klashman’s tactics. Will probably go for Wigan or something.

Good to hear the positivity in here. :)

Well after 2 seasons I'm now in the Premier League (through play-offs). I won the first 3 games, then lost 3-0 to Newcastle :( then beat the current champions, Liverpool 3-2. I thrashed Brighton 5-0 so decided to switch up to TP (I always start on Pro, PA0 with ML defaults and up things as I progress). I beat Watford 2-1 after that and it didn't feel too cheat-y in any way, just move variety in their approaches and I think less space in midfield. So at this point I can increase difficulty instead of switching to manual shooting :)

Also scored my first scissor kick in this game and had my first freekick blocked by the AI wall jumping.

@rockstrongo are you using the latest patch? I uninstalled the game including option file etc... and went back to vanilla version but i don't see much difference. One thing that I see a lot on vanilla and patched is the ball played to the CPU striker through the middle, he plays it back to the midfielder and then runs forward for the return pass. It happened a lot in the 3 games i tested in ML tester in the championship on top player. I was hoping that would happen less on vanilla.

Anyway, i am thinking of installing all new patches and option files again and include klashman’s tactics. Will probably go for Wigan or something.

Good to hear the positivity in here. :)
Hey pal.
Suprisingly positive right?
I haven't played anything else than 1.1 since im digital this year.
I've enjoyed it a great deal so far.
Can't really say I've seen what you've described,or haven't noticed it .
Wigan?
You've been there before right:)
I need a break from it,not that I don't liked it,but I've been playing the crap out of it!

I want a ML save in every top 5 european league for now, so I can play here and there every now and then :)

Which teams would you recommend me for Serie A? I thought about Napoli, but I don't know which team I would choose if I played at Ligue 1. For Premier maybe Arsenal.

I know they have power but at least they are not like the best of the best of each one. What do you think?

I want a ML save in every top 5 european league for now, so I can play here and there every now and then :)

Which teams would you recommend me for Serie A? I thought about Napoli, but I don't know which team I would choose if I played at Ligue 1. For Premier maybe Arsenal.

I know they have power but at least they are not like the best of the best of each one. What do you think?

Napoli is a great team and surely a good choice. Very strong in any role. Milan should be fun if you want a roster to rebuild or strong youngsters to grow :) . Lazio or Roma would also be a good choice if you want great teams with flaws here and there.

For Ligue 1.. I'm playing a custom plain league with random bad/medium/strong teams (haven't done something like this since Pes 5 I think :D) and I've picked up Monaco and I suggest you to give them a chance.. beautiful stadium, I love the kit and the team is quite good, look out especially for Gelson Martins which is a damn arrow :D..

Napoli is a great team and surely a good choice. Very strong in any role. Milan should be fun if you want a roster to rebuild or strong youngsters to grow :) . Lazio or Roma would also be a good choice if you want great teams with flaws here and there.

For Ligue 1.. I'm playing a custom plain league with random bad/medium/strong teams (haven't done something like this since Pes 5 I think :D) and I've picked up Monaco and I suggest you to give them a chance.. beautiful stadium, I love the kit and the team is quite good, look out especially for Gelson Martins which is a damn arrow :D..

Milan is played here, also Roma I think... Maybe Lazio with Milinkovic-Savic as my main asset, that would be lovely.

Oh, that's true, Monaco could be a very interesting side to play with. Thank you!!

Last edited:
I said it multiple times. Please don’t give up on manual!!
Ok, give PA1 a try and see how it flows. You’ll notice it will be much easier but the same time you are loosing that rewarding feeling of passing on manual!
Most of your passes will reach your mate... but you can’t put the ball ahead of them or behind them. Manual gives you so much more opportunities, imo!

What difficulty level are you playing on?

If you really dont want to play as MIlan (what the hell is wrong with you) pick Atalanta, they're in Champions League this year and have quite a team for Serie A, had some good games against them.

Also fuck superstar. I can't defend it anymore. Manual shooting literally breaks down, I have occasions, but scoring is just impossible. Went back to top player. AI loses some of its character but I can at least score.

Also San Marino lost the rest of WC Qualifier games and we ended the group at 3rd spot and got kicked out of manager role for the best results in history :(

So i reinstalled the update plus pesuniverse OF. Started a tester ML with Fulham.

Top Player
FUMA
15 mins
-1 Speed

Highlights of my final game of the day v Brentford.

Check out the double super sub as Mitrovic scores a very typical Mitrovic goal for my first win.

I love the two deflected shots in the second half. One from both teams. Really enjoying the randomness at the moment. Although i am conceded too many turn and shoot goals from the CPU. Getting enough fouls though.

So i reinstalled the update plus pesuniverse OF. Started a tester ML with Fulham.

Top Player
FUMA
15 mins
-1 Speed

Highlights of my final game of the day v Brentford.

Check out the double super sub as Mitrovic scores a very typical Mitrovic goal for my first win.

I love the two deflected shots in the second half. One from both teams. Really enjoying the randomness at the moment. Although i am conceded too many turn and shoot goals from the CPU. Getting enough fouls though.

I've been a bit more patient in defending ,instead of putting pressure on the striker who has its back turned,I've stood there,trying to follow him,and usually your defender sticks his leg out when they shoot

I'm not and I'm kinda angry about it because I have Sky and Dazn has the rights. It's kinda infuriating to not have all the games on a single platform, especially when a big match you really really would have loved to watch arrives. Sorry for the ot/rant lol
I agree. I subscribe to BT Sport, Sky Sports and Premier Sports (for Serie A and La Liga). All of it costs me a small fortune.

Just saw, He’s a big boy now isn’t he?

Inter have superior players for sure but I don’t rate Lukaku at all. Watch him score a hat trick now I’ve said that :LOL:
Naw I think Lukaku won't be the the real threat
Wingers with pace,Stefano Sensi has been brilliant so far.
Milan has gone clean so far,3 out of 3.
Yupp,Ronaldo likes his food:)
IMO the best striker of all times

I agree. I subscribe to BT Sport, Sky Sports and Premier Sports (for Serie A and La Liga). All of it costs me a small fortune.
Last year I paid €45 for both Serie A and La Liga (Strive,Scandinavian suppliers of those leagues) for a whole season.
All games,magazines highlight shows etc.
They've sold their rights but I'm still paying way less than a PL package (La Liga +Serie A €10 a month roughly PL €45)

Naw I think Lukaku won't be the the real threat
Wingers with pace,Stefano Sensi has been brilliant so far.
Milan has gone clean so far,3 out of 3.
Yupp,Ronaldo likes his food:)
IMO the best striker of all times
Ronaldo had everything, he didn’t have a flaw in his game at all. The perfect striker.

My favourite striker in recent times with Thierry Henry and Van Nistelrooy.

I said it multiple times. Please don’t give up on manual!!
Ok, give PA1 a try and see how it flows. You’ll notice it will be much easier but the same time you are loosing that rewarding feeling of passing on manual!
Most of your passes will reach your mate... but you can’t put the ball ahead of them or behind them. Manual gives you so much more opportunities, imo!

What difficulty level are you playing on?

Haha no worries, I've been playing manual only since FIFA 11. I've become a very casual player, who just wants to grind his ML/Career team to see where the ratings of the youth players can go - so going Professional has been my highest difficulty, yet. FIFA 13 was my peak when I was one of the top manual players in 1v1 online.

I would never go back to assisted passing, but I feel limited sometimes... in FIFA it was the throw in length which was way too far, in PES it's the shortest available passes which also are too far. I want to be able - if I tap the button slightly - to only tap the ball on the pitch so it almost doesn't move.

Back
Top Bottom