The Master League adventures thread

They put me so much pressure because of the derbi... But it went quite well. In fact, I think we won it and the last games because of Caicedo's injury that left me with only one pure FW, so I went 4-4-2 to 4-1-4-1 and play some magic triangles. And something clicked. We went 4-1-4-1 against Roma but counter-attacking them.

asg9IeS.png

We reach November. Lucas Leiva got injured, but we will get him back soon.

RIBoYxn.png

6GOofFU.png

October was great. I started to see our flaws and our pros, and I think we can do a very good season. I'll try to win Europa League and at least get into Champions League. I need to improve in defense so we don't get scored that much.

Last edited:
So I just went through my first full ML season and the awards are just a bit...... :CONFUSE:

Arzani POTY:

Lev1OpS.jpg

raH7jGt.jpg

Must have been an epic 3 games......!

I recently finished my first season with Twente, on 17th place, worst defence and worst attack on the league, and my GK made it to the best 11 of the competition...:?

I think I will now change the level to top player when playing against big clubs
See when I do this, it ruins my experience because the big team don't beat me by being more intelligent - they beat me because my players get worse, start to feel laggy, stop tracking runs they would usually track etc... It's really unsatisfying.

But then, as others have said, Professional is too easy. :(

Serie A bois, a quick question: how the hell is Juventus losing points in your game? Juve in my game is unbeatable unless I'm facing them, if I want Serie A title I will have to aim for 100 points in 38 games!!

Crazy.

Still too lazy to put screenshoters on my USB but we are in Season 4 now. Got 3rd place in last season. In UEFA CL qualifiers we met Monaco and smashed them 2-0 / 3-0. We are in group of death with Liverpool, Benfica and Atletico.

I also took over Kosovo NT and these boys are pure power. Easily won our first exhibition games with Albania and Macedonia (of Northern kind). Opened the league with 1-0 against Viola (big game) and 0-0 against Juve (lucky bastards).

Remember Moncini? He got sold because he's just bad at this point and won't even get better. I brought Favilli from Genoa and looking into acquiring a Kosovo's supertank, Muriqi. If you ever wanted a Koenigtiger on a football pitch, there you go https://www.pesmaster.com/v-muriqi/pes-2020/player/121112/

It seems we'll be having a Kosovian (Kosovite???) colony in Milan soon enough as well :D

Hey! I'll start posting here. I discovered this entire forum (evo-web, including mods and everything) about a year ago and it's truly amazing.
Here I'll leave you the presentation of my Master League series (it won't have any commentary, but I believe it ended up being a pretty well edited video to be the first one! haha)
A new manager joins Newcastle after the takeover has been completed, take a look to see who he is.
(The only signing of this transfer window will be Nathaniel Chalobah on a 1-year loan, with a 13 million € optional buy clause)

Really cool man!

Where can I download Vieira as a manager?

Well the game gave James Forrest the nickname 'The Dragon' and he took his place in the team for those 3 games so kind of.....

Not all heroes wear capes!
Hahaha, pretty accurate comment. On subject now, since the individual titles system was introduced, I don’t remember to have been awarded with first place title, except for one or two times. I had top notch players but most times they won second place.
It makes me wonder, ok for the team of the season the game was bugged due to ratings possibly but for this? It really concerns me, if it is also so shallow.
With much respect and love to Arzani!

Last edited:
Hahaha, pretty accurate comment. On subject now, since the individual titles system was introduced, I don’t remember to have been awarded with first place title, except for one or two times. I had top notch players but most times they won second place.
It makes me wonder, ok for the team of the season the game was bugged due to ratings possibly but for this? It really concerns me, if it is also so shallow.
With much respect and love to Arzani!

Yeah, it looks like they have focused on stats % so it isn't really taking games played into consideration. I mean Arzani won it in the SPFL with only 3 games against lower league teams as part of the rotation that the ML story suggests.

playing with Velez in the Argentina Superliga - if yall lookin to poach some excellent young south american talent, look no further fellas

Any standouts in particular you can recommend?

Well after 2 seasons I'm now in the Premier League (through play-offs). I won the first 3 games, then lost 3-0 to Newcastle :( then beat the current champions, Liverpool 3-2. I thrashed Brighton 5-0 so decided to switch up to TP (I always start on Pro, PA0 with ML defaults and up things as I progress). I beat Watford 2-1 after that and it didn't feel too cheat-y in any way, just move variety in their approaches and I think less space in midfield. So at this point I can increase difficulty instead of switching to manual shooting :)

Also scored my first scissor kick in this game and had my first freekick blocked by the AI wall jumping.

As a follow up on this. Really sad actually :(
I had a great season on TP. Got into the Europa League, semi final of the FA Cup and was very pleased with my squad progress.

However, the start of season 4 (and I suspect now I'm considered a threat) how the game played on TP has changed dramatically.

Note, my team has improved, bot in individuals and stats but also team spirit. However, the start of season 4 and now every thing has become a grind.
It's still possible to win games, but they are very similar, all attrition and chasing down closed off defences who try to play on the counter and I've started to see the handicapping ramp up.

I switched back to Pro (almost exactly 1 season after changing to TP) and it's better. There is still more attrition than any season before and I can still see handicapping. But at least the games are a more interesting competition.
Interestingly, even the teams that attack me, I have found they are a greater challenge on Pro than they were on TP the previous season.

I'm still enjoying the game, but not as much and I worry monotony might set in sooner, rather than later.

Luckily, there is still the gameplay mod people (PC only I'm afraid) doing magic that might be worth testing. I also haven't resorted to the Klashman tactics changes (as they were ready for my first ML) yet which alter greatly individual team setups.

Finally, I have a huge project I won't to kick-off around creating a randomised Pes DB (once I find the right tool/collaborator) so that might occupy me if I don't want to play again until the patch (IF that happens).

As a follow up on this. Really sad actually :(
I had a great season on TP. Got into the Europa League, semi final of the FA Cup and was very pleased with my squad progress.

However, the start of season 4 (and I suspect now I'm considered a threat) how the game played on TP has changed dramatically.

Note, my team has improved, bot in individuals and stats but also team spirit. However, the start of season 4 and now every thing has become a grind.
It's still possible to win games, but they are very similar, all attrition and chasing down closed off defences who try to play on the counter and I've started to see the handicapping ramp up.

I switched back to Pro (almost exactly 1 season after changing to TP) and it's better. There is still more attrition than any season before and I can still see handicapping. But at least the games are a more interesting competition.
Interestingly, even the teams that attack me, I have found they are a greater challenge on Pro than they were on TP the previous season.

I'm still enjoying the game, but not as much and I worry monotony might set in sooner, rather than later.

Luckily, there is still the gameplay mod people (PC only I'm afraid) doing magic that might be worth testing. I also haven't resorted to the Klashman tactics changes (as they were ready for my first ML) yet which alter greatly individual team setups.

Finally, I have a huge project I won't to kick-off around creating a randomised Pes DB (once I find the right tool/collaborator) so that might occupy me if I don't want to play again until the patch (IF that happens).

Don't like to say I told you so, but ............

Just wanted to let you know that I've read everyone of your episodes and really enjoyed them! Keep 'em coming! :COOL:

In fact, you inspired me to start my first ever "fantasy" ML in PES even though I've been playing since the ISS days. I even went and designed my own kits and everything! I'll post some more on here once I get the hang of the whole taking screenshots and videoes on the PS4 thing (I've only owned a PS4 for a couple of months and have never before had the inclination to share anything from my console. Until now, that is :P)

Don't like to say I told you so, but ............

...well I'm pretty sure you didn't tell me so. You said TP just instantly felt unbalanced, yet it worked fine for me for an entire season (and until the 'change' was the best game-play experience I've had).

I prefer to have loved and lost...(and hope for an October reunion).

...well I'm pretty sure you didn't tell me so. You said TP just instantly felt unbalanced, yet it worked fine for me for an entire season (and until the 'change' was the best game-play experience I've had).

I prefer to have loved and lost...(and hope for an October reunion).

I said Top Player felt unbalanced due to the stats strangling, then posted observations from someone who worked with the devs that backed it up.
I also stated professional was the purest unaltered level.

I said Top Player felt unbalanced due to the stats strangling, then posted observations from someone who worked with the devs that backed it up.
I also stated professional was the purest unaltered level.

...and I repeat, I'm glad I tried it out for myself and didn't listen to your advice as I would've missed out on 1 whole season of glorious football.

PS. As per MY post. Pro still has handicapping. It's just not as pronounced as TP (for me). The handicapping seems more related to ML itself. I would not call Pro a pure experience at this point (in the ML). It did NOT have this handicapping until season 4 (after 1 year of playing on TP).

...and I repeat, I'm glad I tried it out for myself and didn't listen to your advice as I would've missed out on 1 whole season of glorious football.

PS. As per MY post. Pro still has handicapping. It's just not as pronounced as TP (for me). The handicapping seems more related to ML itself. I would not call Pro a pure experience at this point (in the ML). It did NOT have this handicapping until season 4 (after 1 year of playing on TP).

Fair enough mate, FYI my 'told you so' comment was intended more as a playful, tongue in cheek comment than any self entitled know it all post, as we had a little back and forth I was being humorous, guess it gets lost in translation when you can't add tone to text messages.

Fair enough mate, FYI my 'told you so' comment was intended more as a playful, tongue in cheek comment than any self entitled know it all post, as we had a little back and forth I was being humorous, guess it gets lost in translation when you can't add tone to text messages.
Yes, smilies only go so far :ANX:
However, I wasn't suggesting you were being facetious at all. I just wanted to be clear that other should still try TP if they want and not be put off, as it did give me the greatest experience of the ML so far, if only for one season.

I´m playing TP on my ML and together with PA1 is the best experience for me. I tried Pro with PA0 and while it makes me think I´m more in control, I can´t stop thinking about the more friendly gameplay on PA1. I will try it again for sure, but my ML with Twente is going pretty well now with these settings.

I´ve brought some new players for the second season and things do look diferent now. I´m winning more matches using each´s player strenghts, and I´ve lost a couple ones, against bigger opponents, always with a challenge.
Yesterday I won the derby against Heracles 2-1. Really tough match as they pressed me all the time, I had no time on the ball. They had like 8 shots and then, on my first oportunity, I scored. Felt really good! They kept pressing but the stamina was playing tricks on them, and my super sub Moscardeli scored the second. They still had one goal scored with a defence mistake from my team, but it was enough for the 3 points. Lots of fouls on this one, as the CPU was struggling to stop my counters.

Than I had Ajax, with whom I lost 3-2. My team is still pretty weak on defence, so I simply couldn´t stop their attacks. It was chance after chance. After being down 2-0, they played slower, and I suprised them with two good goals. But they put their foot on gas again, and I couldn´t avoid the third goal, as I had to push my team to the limit, so they were really tired.

Feyenoord next. Great game, very even match, but they had the edge with their 3 faster and better forwards. Still, counter attacking them gave me a first goal. Then, on another attack, I was one on one with the keeper, getting the lob ready to punish him, and their CB fouls me. Red card, just outside the box. Didn´t score on the FK, and they started to push more and more. Had a couple more chances, but their LB´s were very fast and strong, and they kind of stoped my flanks, so I couldn´t do much more. Also, some mistakes on my defence let them score twice and win the match. Again, my defence couldn´t cope with their attackers. It almost felt a bit like scripting, but I guess it could happen in real life, so I swallowed my pride and let it go.

It´s been a really balanced experience, and that´s what matters to me. Gameplay is felling good, results are quite good as well, so I´m ok with it.

I´m playing TP on my ML and together with PA1 is the best experience for me. I tried Pro with PA0 and while it makes me think I´m more in control, I can´t stop thinking about the more friendly gameplay on PA1. I will try it again for sure, but my ML with Twente is going pretty well now with these settings.

I´ve brought some new players for the second season and things do look diferent now. I´m winning more matches using each´s player strenghts, and I´ve lost a couple ones, against bigger opponents, always with a challenge.
Yesterday I won the derby against Heracles 2-1. Really tough match as they pressed me all the time, I had no time on the ball. They had like 8 shots and then, on my first oportunity, I scored. Felt really good! They kept pressing but the stamina was playing tricks on them, and my super sub Moscardeli scored the second. They still had one goal scored with a defence mistake from my team, but it was enough for the 3 points. Lots of fouls on this one, as the CPU was struggling to stop my counters.

Than I had Ajax, with whom I lost 3-2. My team is still pretty weak on defence, so I simply couldn´t stop their attacks. It was chance after chance. After being down 2-0, they played slower, and I suprised them with two good goals. But they put their foot on gas again, and I couldn´t avoid the third goal, as I had to push my team to the limit, so they were really tired.

Feyenoord next. Great game, very even match, but they had the edge with their 3 faster and better forwards. Still, counter attacking them gave me a first goal. Then, on another attack, I was one on one with the keeper, getting the lob ready to punish him, and their CB fouls me. Red card, just outside the box. Didn´t score on the FK, and they started to push more and more. Had a couple more chances, but their LB´s were very fast and strong, and they kind of stoped my flanks, so I couldn´t do much more. Also, some mistakes on my defence let them score twice and win the match. Again, my defence couldn´t cope with their attackers. It almost felt a bit like scripting, but I guess it could happen in real life, so I swallowed my pride and let it go.

It´s been a really balanced experience, and that´s what matters to me. Gameplay is felling good, results are quite good as well, so I´m ok with it.

I hope it continues for you for as long as possible :)

I hope it continues for you for as long as possible :)

Oh I think it will. I still see this PES version as the best ever. I have as much fun and rage at the same time as I had with PES 5 back in the days. Like I said, it gives me balance, I have easy matches, I have tough matches, and really hard ones. I haveall kinds of stats from mach to match, I have fouls here and there, I have CPU red cards, I have CPU mistakes and PA1 mistakes as well. I have shots going over, hitting the post, deflected etc etc. I have no catch up bug, and I have players diferences noticeable. Even at it´s worst, it´s pleasent for me. And sometimes, it gives those wow moments. It´s not perfect, but very close to it.

Any standouts in particular you can recommend?

Thiago Almada is my personal favorite. 18 years old AMF/SS, short but already elite dribbling attributes in the high 80s, think he is 72 overall at the start. Messi like feel to controlling him.

Maxi Romero 20 year old striker, was in PSV last season and I believe was a bit of a ML legend in previous years. 76 or 77 overall to start. Great finisher

Robertone and Dominguez also very solid young CMFs

I just won a game under these conditions:

wbxkcRF.png
06kCMCj.png

AZUdlja.png

I thought to myself "Aw shit, just Alt+F4 this and start from the beginning." However I gave it a try and it worked out pretty well. Manual controls while only being able to navigate with the information the radar gave me.
Apparently I tabbed back into this game at the worst moment and caused the graphics to black out. Only the LED sideboards were illuminating the place.

Back
Top Bottom