The Master League adventures thread

Hey guys! I'm back with the now second episode of this Newcastle ML series. Episodes are short, as I know that 7-9 minute videos are not going to be watched. This one is 5 minutes long, which I think is pretty good. I also made an intro that I'll be editing every episode, it's pretty basic but I like it :)

The first five months of Vieira in charge of Newcastle have been tense, but we've seen a more attacking team, Saint-Maximin, Dubrávka and (with no doubt) Joelinton being our best players. We've also seen Longstaff winning a place every weekend, and he's becoming a pretty good player under Vieira.

Now, we have the January window approaching, where Newcastle will try and splash the cash on a good midfielder, as Jonjo Shelvey and Ki Sung-Yueng are not performing.

Take a look at the video here!

I had a great session in my ML last night. One of those 'just one more match before bedtime' sessions :D

I got a little complacent after going 3-for-3 in the beginning of season. I won two games 4-1 and one 2-0. I was getting cocky. I was beginning to think that maybe I need to up the difficulty from Pro to TP. So of course, in the 4th match, I lost fair and square :(

So the next match was the first of the cup against Lille from Ligue 1 (I'm playing in French Ligue 2) and I thought: okay, gotta pull my self together! So I put together the best starting 11 I could, no major injuries or significant down arrows to put me off and I even had the Team Spirit on an all time high of 63! I was sure I could put up a good fight. However, as soon as the game kicked off I could feel my players struggling to string passes together or even put themselves into good playing positions. Something that hadn't been a problem during the previous 4 games, even with a much lower Team Spirit. Lille slotted in an early goal through a really good play. And I had such a hard time getting back in it. They were forcing me to try a lot of shots from outside the box. And of course, using Classic Defaults from TheMidniteKid's PES United team, they just couldn't put them in. And Lille continued to pressure me. Luckily, Ivanov was pulling off some magnificent saves! But by the middle of the second half it all started to feel really scripted. I had a gotten a few open chances by some carefully placed passes and through passes but even when I asked my CF’s to slot in what would have been a walk in the park in earlier games, they just couldn’t come through. And of course the Lille keeper was performing super human feats when my forwards finally managed to kick the ball somewhere between the goal posts. As if the COM just wasn't going to let me score. I just as I was beginning to think: "man, the guys on Evo-Web are right, this game is a scripted mess on ML and it's going to suck the life out of me" I scored the equalizer in the 84th minute!!! I couldn't help but think that if I was controlling the opposing team, I would have thought that the match was scripted in favor of the human player :LOL::LOL::LOL: They had significantly more possession and at least twice the chances. And when the game went into overtime, I scored to 2-1 in the beginning of the first half of overtime. This is when I started to play much more conservatively, passing it around in my own half, carefully avoiding any unnecessary risque and I was able to fend them of and secure the win.

This was the most tense battle I'd had in PES 2020 so far and reminded me why I love PES in the first place. And this is why I personally don't mind the scripting in ML - just like I don't mind catch up in my driving games. Nothing is more boring in a driving game than lapping the opponent AI because you've figured out how to take a couple of perfect corners on the track. Or getting in front of the pack and just coasting home for the remainder of the race because you know the AI is never going to catch you. It's why I prefer arcade racers like NFS Hot Pursuit or Racedriver GRID. At the end of the day I'd like a challenge and a good gaming experience. I'm the same way with football games. I want to feel like every game could be a potential challenge. Otherwise I'll just find what works and keep doing it again and again. Just like I did in Kick Off, Sensible Soccer and the first FIFA games. There were certain times during the matches that you knew: If I come at the goal at this angle, it's a certain goal. That's why I need scripting to keep things interesting. Sure, it's a bitch when it's the reason for my loss in that important match but it's also all the more satisfying when, as in the story I described above, I overcome those odds and come out the winner.

Sorry for the OT :BLUSH:

On another note: Am I the only one who finds the locker room cut scene a little unnerving? The fact that you can't hear the managers voice but you can hear his footsteps and the clapping of hands? Makes the whole scene look like a freaky mime show... :CONFUSE::SHOCK:

So far, so good. We are through at UEFA Europa League, 1st in the table 2 points ahead of 2nd and everyone is healthy and ready to play. That draw was a 90 min goal. Sampdoria were like a wall, we should have scored 1 more to play safer.

tQ4Mwou.png

I just won a game under these conditions:

wbxkcRF.png
06kCMCj.png

AZUdlja.png

I thought to myself "Aw shit, just Alt+F4 this and start from the beginning." However I gave it a try and it worked out pretty well. Manual controls while only being able to navigate with the information the radar gave me.
Apparently I tabbed back into this game at the worst moment and caused the graphics to black out. Only the LED sideboards were illuminating the place.

So if we can recreate this. This is the next way of increasing difficulty without suffering too much handicapping :D

So if we can recreate this. This is the next way of increasing difficulty without suffering too much handicapping :D

Damn! That´s a good way to play on Regular without looking too easy!

Now seriously, I´m having a blast with this game! I understand some guy´s frustration here with some moments of the game. I do see them and I can´t deny they´re happening, like ocasionaly players ignoring an easy ball. Had a wonderfull session today, with unexpected results all over the place. Fucking love it! And this is after a game were I´ve scored to most stupid own goal ever. CPU crosses the ball, my RB is at second post, completely alone. I press the shoot button all the way hoping for a powerfull clearence. My player jumps for the ball, and with a perfect head movement "a la CRonaldo" hits it into the net. It was exactly like he forgot wich side was he playing against, and scored a beatifull header.

I thought, "ok, this is not something I can let go", but it was so hilarious at the same time, I just let my RB live with the shame for the rest of his days, and tried to make the comeback. I lost the match 2-1.

All the matches today were quite hard, but I´m fighting in the 5th spot and man, the players I have, I know them so well now! I even got an offer to manage Feyenoord, a far better team than mine, but it left me thinking... I´m so familiar now with my team, I want to keep with it and see how far can I take my lads in the league.

It´s awesome when I sub some player, and it works! Late on one game I subed in a MC, Larsson (?) who has a really good mid to long range. I was winning 2-1 but CPU was leaving lots of gaps on the midfield looking for a goal. Larsson gets the ball, has some space and shoots a mid range one. 3-1. End of game.

Love the damn game and I just want to keep playing!

Unfortunately my ML has come to a premature end.

The Botafogo SP manager was today found drowned in a pool of his own piss from the copious amounts of coffee he was smashing down his neck.

A source close to club said 'I'm surprised he lasted this long with that bald freak following his every move around the facilities'

Botafogo SP partners, Nescafe, have yet to issue a statement on the matter.

Joelinton

No no you got it all wrong its actually Jolteon, Yago Pikachu's cousin.

No shit those pokeplayers are everywhere this year!! I know this game is from Japan but come on comani!

Shitpost aside I like editing and it would be ok if it was longer. I remember watching one Polish guy few years ago where he'd do a massive 20+ minutes compilation of the entire season with his comments and great editing. Those things work very well. I never understand people who upload every single game from start to finish, that is way too much.

God I wish I had power to edit things...otherwise, I'll keep watching!

I had a great session in my ML last night. One of those 'just one more match before bedtime' sessions :D
This is my life now to be honest, I promised myself to go to bed earlier since I get up at 4:30AM to go to work but...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeh well :BRMM:

It's a good game this one innit?

@ianni

Never play safer. AI does it all the time in my Kosovo NT games and they get smacked and concede in the last minutes. PES Is not a safe bois game. It's all out attack!

THESE COLOURS DONT RUN

All the matches today were quite hard, but I´m fighting in the 5th spot and man, the players I have, I know them so well now! I even got an offer to manage Feyenoord, a far better team than mine, but it left me thinking... I´m so familiar now with my team, I want to keep with it and see how far can I take my lads in the league.

Konami added that option yes, but as ML ancients, could we ever abandon our starting team? I had this idea for a ML campaign when I switch between leagues every year and travel the world, but in a regular game, no way!

Stay with your bros. I went from 1,5 star default team to Serie A contender now and while you will be behind others for quite a while bc not enough cash and low club team ranking = difficult to sign quality players, it is so worth it!!

The Botafogo SP manager was today found drowned in a pool of his own piss from the copious amounts of coffee he was smashing down his neck.

PES is the dark souls of football games confirmed :WASTED:

I will post screenshots after a session later today, I don't even have time to do it, that's how good this goddamn game is!

I have an idea though, since we have a lot of activity and regular posts, it is difficult to keep track of some stories, maybe its worth considering opening a proper ML Corner? Or even some sort of Story Mode (whats the story man) section where people could post their Masterleagues and tournaments, be it CPU or players or mixed, and all sorts of PES-related stories, like a fanfic corner of sorts. This thread, a staple of this forum, could remain the big one when you just wanna pop up and do a quick post of whats the story man (im irish) in your game currently. And knowing talents of some people, with graphics and video editing, there could be quite a few compelling stories to follow!

I will give some examples. Neoseeker is dead and bodied, but if you look at PES 2015 they had special SOMS [Story of my Season] tag for their in-game stories. Look this link up to see what's up: https://www.neoseeker.com/forums/76848/?tag=soms

Ancient pesleague.pl had a bustling community of PES stories back when I joined in 2011. Today, it's been reduced to a rubble. If you were to look through those threads you will see a variety of styles, from graphical masterpieces, to very swift summaries of what's going on atm, and it's all good. While the currently existing Careers section is dead http://forum.pesleague.pl/index.php/board,787.0.html you can look through the vast archives http://forum.pesleague.pl/index.php/board,790.0.html and while all of it is in Polish, you have eyes so you can see pictures, I guess :FISH:

There are more places like these I'm sure, although they are dying. It's the age of youtube, and while videos have tons of merits (I wish I had capability to record, and edit, and do it properly and even full-time but I have literally fuckall atm), the classic text and photoshop formula has its charm and magic. There is enough space for both in this world.

I'm just putting it out there. Please consider! Sincerely, Saintest of Angelos :BY:

I would definitely follow the stories if a proper topic was created. I would like to see a topic, where everyone who wanted could create a sub topic, each one with their own story. Much easier to follow and organized. I would probably make my own ML story this year.

I would definitely follow the stories if a proper topic was created. I would like to see a topic, where everyone who wanted could create a sub topic, each one with their own story. Much easier to follow and organized. I would probably make my own ML story this year.

Basically a subforum, Evo-Web PES(&FIFA?) Stories, anything related to this games, could even be online campaigns (FUT, myClub), everyone can start a thread and just have a go at it.

Requires quite a bit of organizing though, and proper rules. Let's give it some time!

I jumped straight into Master League with PES 2020 and had a bash with the Thai League, Superstar and default players, normal transfers and normal budget... and I've played nothing else!

Now, this would be a good challenge to see how you go with just default players and not make any signings as the default team's overall rating of 67 is the same as Buriram United's, the highest in that league, from the get go. However, I like to wheel and deal in the transfer market too much. One thing I do like about this year's is that you can set your bar low in terms of where you think you will finish. Saying I'd finish top half just takes a lot of pressure off as it's given me a season to get to grips with the game this year on SS level.

First season after a wobbly start I managed to steady things, particularly as team spirit began to rise and my glut of new signings became more cohesive. My mid season objective was to finish higher than 10th, I managed to get us to sixth. I scored very few goals but comfortably had the best defensive record in the league...some of that could also be attributed to the fact that there was some horrendously wayward shooting from opposition strikers.

One major criticism I had of last year's ML was how you really struggled to get enough money into your salary budget, and this is really difficult when you only start off with about £300k. I'm pleased to see that has changed, gate receipts alone in matches were enough to fund a couple of players in the window. However, not that I'm complaining here but for the second season they've given me a war chest, about £8m! I'm going for a place in the AFC Champions League (so second or top), so this time I've had to boost the squad more, starting with getting Robin van Persie (no idea why he's still in the game but hey) out of the BT Sport studio and over to play for Chainat Hornbill!

I usually start my ML campaigns in Ligue 2 and stick with the side, build it up and chase European glory with it. However, this time round I'm going for a bit of a nomadic career and see where it takes me.

On a serious note, loving how hard it is this year in the transfer market.

I blew my whole wage budget and got Abel Hernandez on a free transfer.

Other than that, proper difficult on the Brazil 2nd Division to buy players. Even loans are crazy money but that reflects real life which is good.

The best thing though, is stats matter. I've signed a couple of players who have low overall rating but the stats in 1 or 2 areas are good, so they do the job I need. Got a winger, he's rapid and can dribble but he can't do anything else. His crossing is rubbish, his passing ain't great so I bring him on around 65mins and run at the tired defences. Works a treat.

Also signed a big lump up top just so I could get a few knockdowns off him. He's toss at everything but he can jump and is physical, so does the job while Hernandez picks up the pieces.

Into season 2, finished 12th first season, owner wasn't overly chuffed but kept me on. Managed to add to some good signings to the team, so looking strong for a promotion tilt.

Enjoying something different while I await a full OF so I can start a proper journeyman save.

Can´t wait to get back to my Twente ML campaign. It´s not that hard to get some money after all. I´ve been signing younsters and selling old guys. Started just with about 300mil and I´m now with somethign like 2.5 M. Like I said, I´ve been fighting for the 5th maybe 4th place, and things are looking good.

About player stats, I´m starting to choose mainly guys with lots of special traits, and boy, these do make a diference!

Love reading your stories guys. Keep them coming.

@rockstrongo how’s your Roma save going?

@Chris Davies You still playing on Professional and enjoying?
Hey buddy!
I've given it a break,played like a maniac,one season in 4-5 days:)
And now I've rediscovered FIFA 18,so having a season or two of that,really waiting for the October update.
Kits are all over the place etc.
But I'll be back at it then
You?
Enjoying it,or more online at FIFA?

Hey buddy!
I've given it a break,played like a maniac,one season in 4-5 days:)
And now I've rediscovered FIFA 18,so having a season or two of that,really waiting for the October update.
Kits are all over the place etc.
But I'll be back at it then
You?
Enjoying it,or more online at FIFA?
Both games are very good this year but both very flawed.

Same as every year I guess? It’s a shame Konami don’t nail the Serie A kits from Day 1 that really annoys me!

N36rjvG.jpg

Oddio, it's 2023 already!!! I am old! :PIRATE: It's been one hell of a ride for Rossoneri. Having barely avoided relegation to Serie C in 2018, Kings of Lombardy were to be restored to their former glory by an eccentric Sanmarinese entrepreneur and ponzi master, Maurizio Calciopoleone. A first year in the office, and Milan is back where it belongs, in Serie A. Desperate battle for relegation turned around in late stages of 20/21 season with the team climbing out of the table bottom and reaching 13th place. Despite meager investments, and reliance on free agents otherwise known as unwanted players, supported by Italian and Brazilian youth, Rossoneri made a bid for Euro-spot in 21/22 season, and their campaign ended with a bronze medal, behind Intercazzonale and Juventus the old whore both of which we are not a fan of! :RANT:

mc2Igsp.jpg

Gates of Champions League opened before Italian underdogs, with one caveat - big bad Frenchie bois guards the path. It's evil Monaco, the Russian money-laundering state and a racing track at the same time. You must fight fire with fire they say, and so Milan's new signing, a big Frenchie DMF man Lucas Tousart opened the goalbags in the first game. Monaco turned out to be unimpressive afterwards. 3-0 in France, 2-0 at home, and Rossoneri are back where they belong!!

And right into the group of death they go :COAT: Atletico, Liverpool and Benfica got drawn together with us into Group C. Opening game with Liverpool, despite being very even, ended with 0-2 loss and arrogant English people became even more arrogant on that day. Two weeks later we pop into Lisbon to turn some lights off and Estadio da Luz gets shut down after 1-4 crushing victory for Milan and a night of rioting in LIsbon.

We were competing for the second spot, no doubt. Liverpool was way out of reach. Two electrifying clashes with Atletico were the talk of Eurotown during November. A heated 1-1 draws, including red card for Gimenez for hacking Leo Ceara down, a blistering fucking free kick slap in the face from Saint Renato, a longshot from Mr. Fortnite himself, and heaps of fouls, personal duels, and incredible saves. Great for the neutrals, but we are kinda screwed now! :OOOH:

6w5FzIg.jpg

We lose to Liverpool, again, and our chances to get through are slim. Thankfully Europa League spot is safe. Final CL game against Benfica was one of the first I can say was truly awful this year. Two horrendous AI defenders mistakes and we lose 1-2 at home. At least we go through to UEFA Cup (rip never forget) and will face off against Young Bernie's Boys in a few weeks. There are three other Italian teams involved, so perhaps we'll bring some silver to Italy at last??

aJ6a6Jy.jpg

Even if European campaign is bit disappointing so far, it's obvious that Milan is punching way above its weight. We are going strong at home front. Opening 1-0 win against Viola is a miracle since they're the best attacking AI team in Serie A. Draw with the whore of PIemonte was annoying because if it wasn't for Szczęsny they would be dead and bodied. And then we started cruising. Bad teams are really bad this year and I appreciate this so hard. Serie B newcomers are usually so far behind you just hold R1 and run at them and then they die and that's literally it. Weaker teams will give you some trouble every now and then, but otherwise we have a great track record and don't drop points too easily.

Let's talk about Derby games. With Milan you get that cutscene buildup two games before Inter and you are being asked to win all games beforehand. In earlier seasons I wasn't able to and Inter would have a relatively easy time against me. This time we crushed Lazio and Udinese and lo and behold, Inter is a pile of shite. I sure hope games before big derby don't determine the big derby themselves. That would be horrible :FAIL:

8276Tgl.jpg

A crisis has set in around November, after Atletico games. I think it might be lord konami at long last coming back to test me with his scriptures. Am I truly worth of clincing the title? That sneaky fuck. Had some awful games, with Napoli, with Torino, losing goals due to defenders being paralyzed by ninjas with tazers. Even then we held on, we truly did, didn't drop too many points, Juve had a few draws thankfully, and we are on top so far. I can't drop my balls now, in this campaign The Whore gets around 100 points every season so no place for mistakes. And we still have UEFA Cup and Coppa Italia going in the background. Gotta get as much silver as possible and sell it on the market, we are absolutely drained financially. Don't do what I did, don't start with small budget - it works in PES 5/6 because you get points for every match and prices are linear, here you get way less cash monthly and prices are exponential.

Also don't buy any fraud players. Attacker named Favilli is such a loser and cheater, big man, big physical stats, and he can't do anything. Got sold to Southampton this winter after horrible four months in Milan, fuck off and never come back again!

coNh7tN.jpg

You will find other relevant stats and pictures in the spoiler at the end should you fancy looking at em. Did I tell you I took over Kosovo this summer? They are a fantastic side and we will win EURO ITALIA 2024 I am telling you. I am telling with my mouths! I want to bring Vedat Muriqi, the big tank of Kosovo from Fenerbahce so hard, but they are 100 positions in club ranking above me and reject any and all negotiations. He's a proper physical attacker, not like that twig Favilli, do me a favour and never buy Favilli he's just bad.

Unlike Kosovo! We shit on everyone in exhibition games, including Ireland which got smacked 3-0 (whats the story maaaan :DUMMY:). Romania thought they could defend their result and ended up going from 1-0 to 1-3 in 10 last minutes. Costa Rica thought one goal advantage is enough and look, Kosovo are just comeback champions, maybe that's where the scripts are being written, idk it feels good to do this to AI!

8gdAGmB.jpg

And thank you das ist alles and now for the extras in the spoiler!!!

7d6Oud3.jpg

1tqPDYy.jpg

EkALOA4.jpg

I would love to get one of those central attackers, either my worst nemesis Viola's superkiller Augustin or my favourite Kosovo player of all time, Shah Muriqi himself!

qciMUpf.jpg

1UFbTdK.jpg

At long last I did the thing! go me:BOP:

N36rjvG.jpg

Oddio, it's 2023 already!!! I am old! :PIRATE: It's been one hell of a ride for Rossoneri. Having barely avoided relegation to Serie C in 2018, Kings of Lombardy were to be restored to their former glory by an eccentric Sanmarinese entrepreneur and ponzi master, Maurizio Calciopoleone. A first year in the office, and Milan is back where it belongs, in Serie A. Desperate battle for relegation turned around in late stages of 20/21 season with the team climbing out of the table bottom and reaching 13th place. Despite meager investments, and reliance on free agents otherwise known as unwanted players, supported by Italian and Brazilian youth, Rossoneri made a bid for Euro-spot in 21/22 season, and their campaign ended with a bronze medal, behind Intercazzonale and Juventus the old whore both of which we are not a fan of! :RANT:

mc2Igsp.jpg

Gates of Champions League opened before Italian underdogs, with one caveat - big bad Frenchie bois guards the path. It's evil Monaco, the Russian money-laundering state and a racing track at the same time. You must fight fire with fire they say, and so Milan's new signing, a big Frenchie DMF man Lucas Tousart opened the goalbags in the first game. Monaco turned out to be unimpressive afterwards. 3-0 in France, 2-0 at home, and Rossoneri are back where they belong!!

And right into the group of death they go :COAT: Atletico, Liverpool and Benfica got drawn together with us into Group C. Opening game with Liverpool, despite being very even, ended with 0-2 loss and arrogant English people became even more arrogant on that day. Two weeks later we pop into Lisbon to turn some lights off and Estadio da Luz gets shut down after 1-4 crushing victory for Milan and a night of rioting in LIsbon.

We were competing for the second spot, no doubt. Liverpool was way out of reach. Two electrifying clashes with Atletico were the talk of Eurotown during November. A heated 1-1 draws, including red card for Gimenez for hacking Leo Ceara down, a blistering fucking free kick slap in the face from Saint Renato, a longshot from Mr. Fortnite himself, and heaps of fouls, personal duels, and incredible saves. Great for the neutrals, but we are kinda screwed now! :OOOH:

6w5FzIg.jpg

We lose to Liverpool, again, and our chances to get through are slim. Thankfully Europa League spot is safe. Final CL game against Benfica was one of the first I can say was truly awful this year. Two horrendous AI defenders mistakes and we lose 1-2 at home. At least we go through to UEFA Cup (rip never forget) and will face off against Young Bernie's Boys in a few weeks. There are three other Italian teams involved, so perhaps we'll bring some silver to Italy at last??

aJ6a6Jy.jpg

Even if European campaign is bit disappointing so far, it's obvious that Milan is punching way above its weight. We are going strong at home front. Opening 1-0 win against Viola is a miracle since they're the best attacking AI team in Serie A. Draw with the whore of PIemonte was annoying because if it wasn't for Szczęsny they would be dead and bodied. And then we started cruising. Bad teams are really bad this year and I appreciate this so hard. Serie B newcomers are usually so far behind you just hold R1 and run at them and then they die and that's literally it. Weaker teams will give you some trouble every now and then, but otherwise we have a great track record and don't drop points too easily.

Let's talk about Derby games. With Milan you get that cutscene buildup two games before Inter and you are being asked to win all games beforehand. In earlier seasons I wasn't able to and Inter would have a relatively easy time against me. This time we crushed Lazio and Udinese and lo and behold, Inter is a pile of shite. I sure hope games before big derby don't determine the big derby themselves. That would be horrible :FAIL:

8276Tgl.jpg

A crisis has set in around November, after Atletico games. I think it might be lord konami at long last coming back to test me with his scriptures. Am I truly worth of clincing the title? That sneaky fuck. Had some awful games, with Napoli, with Torino, losing goals due to defenders being paralyzed by ninjas with tazers. Even then we held on, we truly did, didn't drop too many points, Juve had a few draws thankfully, and we are on top so far. I can't drop my balls now, in this campaign The Whore gets around 100 points every season so no place for mistakes. And we still have UEFA Cup and Coppa Italia going in the background. Gotta get as much silver as possible and sell it on the market, we are absolutely drained financially. Don't do what I did, don't start with small budget - it works in PES 5/6 because you get points for every match and prices are linear, here you get way less cash monthly and prices are exponential.

Also don't buy any fraud players. Attacker named Favilli is such a loser and cheater, big man, big physical stats, and he can't do anything. Got sold to Southampton this winter after horrible four months in Milan, fuck off and never come back again!

coNh7tN.jpg

You will find other relevant stats and pictures in the spoiler at the end should you fancy looking at em. Did I tell you I took over Kosovo this summer? They are a fantastic side and we will win EURO ITALIA 2024 I am telling you. I am telling with my mouths! I want to bring Vedat Muriqi, the big tank of Kosovo from Fenerbahce so hard, but they are 100 positions in club ranking above me and reject any and all negotiations. He's a proper physical attacker, not like that twig Favilli, do me a favour and never buy Favilli he's just bad.

Unlike Kosovo! We shit on everyone in exhibition games, including Ireland which got smacked 3-0 (whats the story maaaan :DUMMY:). Romania thought they could defend their result and ended up going from 1-0 to 1-3 in 10 last minutes. Costa Rica thought one goal advantage is enough and look, Kosovo are just comeback champions, maybe that's where the scripts are being written, idk it feels good to do this to AI!

8gdAGmB.jpg

And thank you das ist alles and now for the extras in the spoiler!!!

7d6Oud3.jpg

1tqPDYy.jpg

EkALOA4.jpg

I would love to get one of those central attackers, either my worst nemesis Viola's superkiller Augustin or my favourite Kosovo player of all time, Shah Muriqi himself!

qciMUpf.jpg

1UFbTdK.jpg

At long last I did the thing! go me:BOP:

Absolutely loved reading this! Great story, thank you for taking the time to do that and keep us posted!

Stupid question. This old grandpa who is present while signing good players in cutescenes and is constantly hanging out around the office, ballin with his smarthphone, is the team owner?

Update: I was in January window with 30m transfer budget and 1k wages bugger. I tried some loans to good players and they all came without charging me any salary

Stupid question. This old grandpa who is present while signing good players in cutescenes and is constantly hanging out around the office, ballin with his smarthphone, is the team owner?

He's the mafia official who will drown you in your own piss, same as that poor Botafogo lad few posts above.

Update: I was in January window with 30m transfer budget and 1k wages bugger. I tried some loans to good players and they all came without charging me any salary

I've heard that it's borrowing team who pays the salary this year though...didn't do any loans myself this year, but it's confusing!

I played to the end of S4 and won it all, Serie A, Coppa Italia, and Europa League. Off to S5 today!

He's the mafia official who will drown you in your own piss, same as that poor Botafogo lad few posts above.

I've heard that it's borrowing team who pays the salary this year though...didn't do any loans myself this year, but it's confusing!

I played to the end of S4 and won it all, Serie A, Coppa Italia, and Europa League. Off to S5 today!

It's definitely the parent club that pays the wages. The only budget hit if you borrow loan players is your transfer budget. Also it's states that you are paying the wages of players you loan out to other teams. Loans are useful in the first season or two when your wage bill is hand-to-mouth from each months budget update!

It's definitely the parent club that pays the wages. The only budget hit if you borrow loan players is your transfer budget. Also it's states that you are paying the wages of players you loan out to other teams. Loans are useful in the first season or two when your wage bill is hand-to-mouth from each months budget update!
Or when you end up with some dozens of millions € in transfer budget, and a wage budget, that can hardly buy you a high-end PC!!! :P

Last edited:
ML up on the D pad for Red Attack - 1 of my CB acts like a 2nd CF ? WTF I don't even have any of the 2 click for Join Attack (which I thought was only used to go up for corners). In the cpu box I only play offline, I have player on the ball cpu defender comes in and knocks it off my players toe and it rolls to the side my player is about 5-6 yards from the byline and soon as the ball has been knocked away, not far sometimes to the side sometimes towards the byline. As soon as that happnes ALL my players in or just outside the box Turn Tail and head back to their "starting positions" come on in a real game my team mates would be pressing not given the opposition, time and space to clear the danger.

Talking of time and space , what the ---- is it when the cpu team gets a throw in, apart from the player I control just about every other one of my team mates are nowhere to be seen,in real life at throw ins, the team that has the throw in, their players are marked up tight, not a thing in pes it seems. L1 needs FIXED badly, 3-4-5 x to hit it to get it onto the player I need it to be on to close down cpu player on the ball. See it all over the pitch, ex- when cpu player just inside his own half in the centre circle heading into my half, hitting L1 to get a player in my half to come to close down, not on, its jumping between my CF and AMF 6-7 yards behind the cpu player making his way into my half of the pitch.

CPU-AI whatever, over riding my input to pass the ball to a team mate > inside my player on the ball. This team mate is inside to my right about 12 yards from the player I have on the ball, I directly face him, point the LS at him and hit a short tab of the pass button. This is over ridden and the player on the ball turns slightly to face slightly forward and hit a pass some 25 yards toward my CF who as soon as I hit pass and let go the control icon above him appeared and the ball went to him. So fecking annoying and breaks up the move I was trying to play. This was a thing a few years ago but seem to have been worked out of the game in the last 2-3 years, now back again in 2020.

One other thing that was a hot topic a few years back that they were going to fix , mostly your CF behind 5+ yards behind the line of the back 4 when your attacking, the amount of times my player is in an offside position is beyond it and this was something we were told would be fixed. I am not saying no offside, but why the ,.... would your CF be yards beyond the back 4 when his team is attacking.

Anyone know when the Data "Gameplay" Pack Fix is coming out ?

For those who have updated rosters, a very good free agent, former Dynamo Kiev and current Dnipro in reallife is
V. Supriaha.

He has decent stats, good potential and he is free in ML ;)
I bought him and he is leading the Top Scorer board both in my team and my league.
(of coure i used base copy to give him a proper face, cause his default one is generic and sucks a lot ;) )

I got a little complacent after going 3-for-3 in the beginning of season. I won two games 4-1 and one 2-0. I was getting cocky. I was beginning to think that maybe I need to up the difficulty from Pro to TP. So of course, in the 4th match, I lost fair and square :(

So the next match was the first of the cup against Lille from Ligue 1 (I'm playing in French Ligue 2) and I thought: okay, gotta pull my self together! So I put together the best starting 11 I could, no major injuries or significant down arrows to put me off and I even had the Team Spirit on an all time high of 63! I was sure I could put up a good fight. However, as soon as the game kicked off I could feel my players struggling to string passes together or even put themselves into good playing positions. Something that hadn't been a problem during the previous 4 games, even with a much lower Team Spirit. Lille slotted in an early goal through a really good play. And I had such a hard time getting back in it. They were forcing me to try a lot of shots from outside the box. And of course, using Classic Defaults from TheMidniteKid's PES United team, they just couldn't put them in. And Lille continued to pressure me. Luckily, Ivanov was pulling off some magnificent saves! But by the middle of the second half it all started to feel really scripted. I had a gotten a few open chances by some carefully placed passes and through passes but even when I asked my CF’s to slot in what would have been a walk in the park in earlier games, they just couldn’t come through. And of course the Lille keeper was performing super human feats when my forwards finally managed to kick the ball somewhere between the goal posts. As if the COM just wasn't going to let me score. I just as I was beginning to think: "man, the guys on Evo-Web are right, this game is a scripted mess on ML and it's going to suck the life out of me" I scored the equalizer in the 84th minute!!! I couldn't help but think that if I was controlling the opposing team, I would have thought that the match was scripted in favor of the human player :LOL::LOL::LOL: They had significantly more possession and at least twice the chances. And when the game went into overtime, I scored to 2-1 in the beginning of the first half of overtime. This is when I started to play much more conservatively, passing it around in my own half, carefully avoiding any unnecessary risque and I was able to fend them of and secure the win.

This was the most tense battle I'd had in PES 2020 so far and reminded me why I love PES in the first place. And this is why I personally don't mind the scripting in ML - just like I don't mind catch up in my driving games. Nothing is more boring in a driving game than lapping the opponent AI because you've figured out how to take a couple of perfect corners on the track. Or getting in front of the pack and just coasting home for the remainder of the race because you know the AI is never going to catch you. It's why I prefer arcade racers like NFS Hot Pursuit or Racedriver GRID. At the end of the day I'd like a challenge and a good gaming experience. I'm the same way with football games. I want to feel like every game could be a potential challenge. Otherwise I'll just find what works and keep doing it again and again. Just like I did in Kick Off, Sensible Soccer and the first FIFA games. There were certain times during the matches that you knew: If I come at the goal at this angle, it's a certain goal. That's why I need scripting to keep things interesting. Sure, it's a bitch when it's the reason for my loss in that important match but it's also all the more satisfying when, as in the story I described above, I overcome those odds and come out the winner.

Sorry for the OT :BLUSH:

On another note: Am I the only one who finds the locker room cut scene a little unnerving? The fact that you can't hear the managers voice but you can hear his footsteps and the clapping of hands? Makes the whole scene look like a freaky mime show... :CONFUSE::SHOCK:
What a good read, imo!! Thanks for telling us that little story. :APPLAUD:
Makes me remember that game from last night, when I was down by 1 against Livingston (who scored with their first shot on target)?!?!?! I thought: man, freaking AI... :RANT: only to hit the equalizer in min. 60ish and the 2:1 winner late in the game (through super sub Defoe)! :D that felt so good!! I was mad till that equalizer and so damn happy at the end. What a game we have!! :)

Last edited:
Below is a nice goal, with an "oldPES-feeling" from my current ML adventure with Blookrows and ML defaults.
Quick Description: I am down 1-2 against Olympiakos and the additional time is +3 minutes. On late 93 minute, around 93'30'' my attack is deflected and the ball is clear behind my midfield line. Passing to my one CB, the other CB is moving forward cause of ALL-OUT-ATTACK order. I make a desperate cross, cause i was sure the match will be ended instantly, manual :l2:+:circle:, cause i don't need a high one, i want a sharp-razor cross in the heart of the opponent penalty box, thats why i used manual. My CB crosses with his left (bad) foot, my other CB who is extra-frontman jump alone for the alley-oop header , passing to my CF in the center of the heart of the opponent defense. Olympiakos defender smashes my CF down after ball control and the ball bounces to my RWF who is left footed. In calm mind, both me and the player, takes one quick touch , under pressure, to finish/weight the shoot and smash the ball in Olympiakos goalpost!!
Nice goal , a tence moment, nice climax from the game , with the camera taking shots from the crowd in the ground, the fans waving the flags. although PES is not famous for its presentation, there are moment like this, where some scenes build-up a nice atmosphere and a climatic celebration!!! A nice 10/10 moment for me! Good battles inside the penalty area, good decision, good execution, everything went perfect!! I was also lucky enough!!!

Last edited:
Below is a nice goal, with an "oldPES-feeling" from my current ML adventure with Blookrows and ML defaults.
Quick Description: I am down 1-2 against Olympiakos and the additional time is +3 minutes. On late 93 minute, around 93'30'' my attack is deflected and the ball is clear behind my midfield line. i pass to my one CB, the other is moving forward cause of ALL-OUT-ATTACK order. I make a desperate cross, manual :l2:+:circle:, cause i dont need a high one, i want a sharp-razor cross in the heart of the opponent penatly box, thats why i used manual. My CB crosses with his left (bad) foot, my other CB who is extra-frontman jump alone for the alley-oop header , passing to my CF in the center of the heart of the opponent defence. Olympiakos defender smashes my CF down after ball control and the ball bounces to my RWF who is left footed. In calm mind, both me and the player, takes one quick touch to control and an other quick touch under pressure to finish the shoot and smash the ball in Olympiakos goalpost!!
Nice goal , a tence moment, nice climax from the game , with the camera taking shots from the crowd in the ground, the fans waving the flags. although PES is not famous for its presentation, there are moment like this, where some scenes build-up a nice atmosphere and a climatic celebration!!! A nice 10/10 moment for me! Good battles inside the penalty area, good decision, good execution, everything went perfect!! I was also lucky enough!!!

Actual RUGBY TACKLE on your guy by the penalty spot there. ARGHHH!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom