The Retro-PES Corner

So good,must have seen it 5-6 times by now

Same, maybe even more.. every single time a re-run starts, I just can't help but watch it all again from start to end. It's perhaps the only tv show that I never get tired of no matter of. Humour, depth, brutality, incredible characters, tragedy.. it literally has it all.

Sorry for the retro-tv OT (good)fellas :D

Same, maybe even more.. every single time a re-run starts, I just can't help but watch it all again from start to end. It's perhaps the only tv show that I never get tired of no matter of. Humour, depth, brutality, incredible characters, tragedy.. it literally has it all.

Sorry for the retro-tv OT (good)fellas :D
Every character is top notch,I wonder how many from Goodfellas made the Jump to Sopranos?
Feels like 30% and upwards.
Just saw an episode of The office (us) when the boss tries to order gabagool, hilarious sopranos reference
Great stuff
Sorry for the off topic paisano!

Match Day 15

South Korea v Portugal

South Korea (4-2-1-3)

GK Sung K-H
CB Kim J-H
CB Kim C-H
SB Seo J-H
SB Sung P-S
DM Kang S-W
CM Kim Y-H
AM Lee K-I
RW Lee J-W
LW Lee J-J
CF Yoo G-H

Portugal (4-4-2)

GK C.Biai
CB Djalo
CB Justiniano
SB T.Esteves
SB G.Costa
DM D.Biai
CM Baro
CM B.Sousa
RM Pedro Neto
CF Fabio Silva
CF T.Rodrigues

The crowd are ready, the player's are ready, so without giving anything away, sit back and enjoy another great World Cup Youth match!

What a game of constant drama that was! The red card threw things wide open but the South Korean manager opted to remain defensive and play on the counter attack so as not to get exposed themselves to any Portugal counter attacks. There were chances galore across the whole game, both sides wasting chances to win the tie, none more so that Neto who with half the goal to aim at decided to hit it at the keeper late on. Portugal tired and by the end of 90 minutes it looked like South Korea would have the impetus going into extra time. However Portugal rallied and had a lot of shots during extra time and could and should have won it. It wasn't to be though and to penalties it went once again!

M.o.M Kang S-W one of a few South Koreans in the midfield that played well, he just about edged it.

Disappointment Nobody really although Pedro Neto will be having nightmares about his missed chance. That is if Miguel decides to pardon him.

A game that was always in the balance. South Korea had enough attacking threat to always be capable of nicking the goal that would win it, whilst Portugal despite 10 men also always looked like they could still win. End to end and missed chances led to a really great game to watch. Ultimately though Portugal evidently had not practised penalties having probably deemed them unlikely.

@mattmid
You tw*ts are a disgrace to the country! D. Afonso Henriques fought his mother's army to win us independence...for this? For that little f*ck Bernardo Sousa to commit that stupid reckless sliding tackle?!? How about you Pedro Neto, with an open goal you point your shot to the goddamn keeper?! Bial, what the hell was that, can't you handle the freaking ball? And you all can't score a single goddamn penalty except for Dantas who chickened out and pointed to the middle to be sure the ball wasn't off target? You're not worth the shirt you wore!

...what is that? You're going on vacation, huh? Spending time with your big-titted girlfriends and take pictures to post on instagram, heh? No way. All of you are going to spend this summer in Alentejo working in my farm until sweat comes out of your eyes. +40º degrees out there, good luck fellas.

Match Day 15

South Korea v Portugal

South Korea (4-2-1-3)

GK Sung K-H
CB Kim J-H
CB Kim C-H
SB Seo J-H
SB Sung P-S
DM Kang S-W
CM Kim Y-H
AM Lee K-I
RW Lee J-W
LW Lee J-J
CF Yoo G-H

Portugal (4-4-2)

GK C.Biai
CB Djalo
CB Justiniano
SB T.Esteves
SB G.Costa
DM D.Biai
CM Baro
CM B.Sousa
RM Pedro Neto
CF Fabio Silva
CF T.Rodrigues

The crowd are ready, the player's are ready, so without giving anything away, sit back and enjoy another great World Cup Youth match!

What a game of constant drama that was! The red card threw things wide open but the South Korean manager opted to remain defensive and play on the counter attack so as not to get exposed themselves to any Portugal counter attacks. There were chances galore across the whole game, both sides wasting chances to win the tie, none more so that Neto who with half the goal to aim at decided to hit it at the keeper late on. Portugal tired and by the end of 90 minutes it looked like South Korea would have the impetus going into extra time. However Portugal rallied and had a lot of shots during extra time and could and should have won it. It wasn't to be though and to penalties it went once again!

M.o.M Kang S-W one of a few South Koreans in the midfield that played well, he just about edged it.

Disappointment Nobody really although Pedro Neto will be having nightmares about his missed chance. That is if Miguel decides to pardon him.

A game that was always in the balance. South Korea had enough attacking threat to always be capable of nicking the goal that would win it, whilst Portugal despite 10 men also always looked like they could still win. End to end and missed chances led to a really great game to watch. Ultimately though Portugal evidently had not practised penalties having probably deemed them unlikely.

That third Korea pen. No VAR needed in the world of PES6.

:OT: on steroids this time dudes.

If a trillion trees are planted on a billion hectares of uninhabited land, this new forest equal to an additional quarter of global tree cover, will take out of the atmosphere more than 200 gigatonnes of carbon in photosynthesis and store it away.

Get planting people.....

:COAT::COAT::COAT:

@WhoAteMeDinner I can hear them now.... Nice idea, but where's the profit angle? Oh forget it then. :SHAKE::ROLL:

@mattmid , Yep matters mate, and the absurd part is that 200 gigatonnes of carbon extracted from the atmosphere is two thirds of the total carbon we have dumped into the air in modern times.

And right now, a football pitch sized chunk of Amazonian forest is being cut each minute.

That Jair Bolsonaro bloke is retro, but not in a good way.....

:NONO::NONO::NONO:

@rockstrongo , I still wince when I remember how that bloke died with the pool cue up his.......

:OH::OH::OH:
Orchestrated by the not so calm Phil "the Shah of Iran "Leotardo
Screenshot_20190705-193203~2.jpg

Who also spends five min explaining how stupid the Americans are.
"When my grandfather came from the old country...the stupid peasant at immigrations misspelled our proud family name Leonardo,and wrote Leotardo instead...now we're named after a ballet costume..."

Last edited:
Miggy, in the blizzard of late night postings on here last night, you may have missed my CR 7 post on strange footballers.

Would be very curious to find out how Cristiano's interesting family life is covered in the Portuguese media ?

:shiver::shiver::shiver:,

Last edited:
@WhoAteMeDinner: One of the sports channels on our Portuguese TV even has a segment on their news shows called "Planet Ronaldo", where they update us DAILY about whatever Ronaldo is up to. So you see, it's pretty bad. But then again, this is just TV trying to compete with social media and failing gloriously and laughably at it.

Here's our list from the other day, with a few extra that I thought of. Sorry, I didn't catch user names, but it's all here in the thread somewhere!

Missing/removed features from Pes from over the years.

1. Weather conditions.
2. Training rewind button!
3. Only being able to start a Master League with the Default Squad.
4. Mix and matching kits on pre-match screen!
5. Kicking the ball out for an injury.
6. Bandages and stretchers for injured players
7. Individual/Challenge training camp during summer window.
8. Kazuki Ito!
9. Rutted, sloped pitches. Penalty areas like ploughed fields.
10 home and away support - Playing a half empty Olimpico with Sampdoria Vs Lazio on a shitty December pitch
11. Arrows to dictate your players' attacking/defensive persuasion!
12. Dinosaurs vs ostriches vs penguins vs dog heads
13. Shot variety controls -
mail
then
mail
= Low shot,
mail
then
mail
= knuckle
14. Inertia
15. Ability to hire a variety of coaches in ML.
16. Half time scores during ML matches
17. Yellow-cross quality injuries (able to play but at risk of further injury)
18. Link feints (not enjoyed by all but I liked it!)
19. Gameplan option to set tactics based upon the timespan of the game.
20. Changing the hair of konami-made faces
21. A proper offline community mode.

I'm sure there are many more but not worth spamming up the thread. Such a shame that Konami treat their great legacy with such indifference.

Matchday #16 - Scotland (@Flipper the Priest) vs. Belgium (@Special4988)

OvxK4tk.png

TV Broadcast

Few were expecting such an unbalanced scoreline at the end of the 90 minutes of play, yet if you watched the match, you get the sense that such outcome was deserved - not so much because of a supposed total and undeniable dominance of Belgium's team over Scotland's, but rather because of how much more effective the former were when compared to the latter.

Scotland was always very competitive and had a few chances to score as well, only it was obvious that in terms of individual quality, their players are just a few steps below those of Belgium's squad. When it came to building up play, both teams were equally as skilled; only when it got to the creative process, Belgium's frontmen were much more capable to unlock the opponent's defense. And when you have a guy like Cuypers up front, you don't need that many chances to be able to score - all he needs is a bit of space and he'll work it out just fine.

Man of the Match: Cuypers. He took over this encounter and solved it single-handedly. Cuypers scored three goals but could've had scored a couple more as well, such was his uncommon ability to get himself on scoring positions with ease. Plus, whenever he was on the ball he showed enough technique to be able to participate in the creative process as well as any of the team's midfielders. Potential World Youth Cup MVP here?

Up: Leoni. Belgium's maestro was the torch that illuminated the team's offense. His superb passing ability and effortless class and skill when on-the-ball were a joy to watch. Save this exhibition of his and if your kid ever wants to be an attacking midfielder, show him this tape and he'll be alright.

Up: Belgium's midfield. Though Leoni clearly stood out of the bunch, Belgium's midfield completely dominated the encounter on both ends of the pitch. While the defensive units pretty much cleared up all that needed cleaning, Patoulidis, Openda and Leoni created a potent dynamic that Scotland was never able to neutralize.

Down: Wright. This might be a controversial choice. Scotland's keeper did make a couple of out-of-this-world saves that should get him among the goalkeeper's highlight reel of the whole WYC competition, yet he didn't look that good on at least two of the goals he conceded, which should've been easy saves to make.

Down: Scotland's centrebacks. Cuypers and Leoni were pretty much able to wreck Scotland's defense at all times, and the team's CBs never cracked the code to stop them. You can't be competitive if you're allowing too many clear-cut-chances to the opponent like they did today.

Last edited:
Just watched the Belgium vs Scotland game @miguelfcp @mattmid
My boys made me proud!

I want to give out my own rankings for each player, (since I am their manager ;))

Delanghe (G) 8/10 - Not much to do in the first half but made a few nice late saves
Lissens (CB) 8/10 - Won most of Ariel duels and had a solid game overall
Vandermeulen (CB) 9/10 - Bossed the backline. Immense performance
Nizet (RB) 5/10 - Too weak and poor decision making. Might get dropped to the bench next game
Kotchkarov (LB) 8/10 - Solid game. Got up the wings well to add width, but also performed well defensively
Masangu (DMF) 9/10 - What a beast this guy is. Helped control the midfield and played well in the "destroyer" role
Baiye (CMF) 9/10 - Who is now the 2nd of the destroyer brothers, (Masangu and him) played powerful and won many key tackles
Patoulidis (CMF) 8/10 - Professional performance. Did the little things that don't always get noticed. Did well to get numbers up the field in attacking play
Openda (AMF) 6/10 - With as much skill as he as I was disappointed in his performance. Poor decision making and just gave the ball away too much. I expect more from him
Leoni (AMF) 10/10 - This guy oozes class. Was able to get the ball to Cuypers on many key passes. He is what makes our attack tick. What a sweet goal as well
Cuypers (CF) 10/10 - 3 goals for a striker? :TU: Displayed deadly finishing. Pretty much a perfect game

Back
Top Bottom