The Retro-PES Corner

Guys. who know for any program which can edit database of PES4? I try dkz 0.59 but it can't . Version 0.92 are only for pes6,pes5 .? anybody?
Hello mate....We8i optionfile editor is the program to edit database for pes4.Its available on internet for free..

Started a master league with the default squad on PES 3 after I spent a few days modding it really enjoying it so far

PES 3 has this weird thing where it looks kind of stiff and on rails but plays so smoothly and almost anything can happen each match it was always a personal favourite of mine and each time I go back over the years it's as enjoyable as ever

Last edited:
Thank you very much bro. Do you know where can find maybe DKZ 0.82b?

I will look on my PC tomorrow I remember about a year ago I downloaded some really old DKZ studios I'm sure one of them was an 0.8 version cant promise I have them still but I'll let you know

UPDATE- i only have 0.59, 90, 92 sorry

Last edited:
As much as I like both PES5 and WE9LE, I do prefer ISSPE (played too little of ISS PE2 but it seems to play very similarly to its predecessor). Regardless of how limited its technology feels nowadays - and even compared with PES5 -, overall, the game just works as a whole and "feels" like actual football, whereas PES5/WE9LE play fantastically on some areas and then disappoint with things such as the attacking AI, or the horrible L1+Triangle pass.

Even modern PESses suffer from this inconsistency: I don't know if this still happens nowadays but a couple of years ago there was a PES in which everything looked great, powerful graphics, realistic animations and all that jazz; but then you jump on the pitch and there's this absurdly huge space between the defensive and midfield lines when a team is defending. Sometimes the midfield would sit on the halfway line and the defense would sit really close to the box. Any real-life football manager on any level of football would have a seizure if he saw his team doing that for even a second, let alone all game long every game.

This is just an example of how it means little to have all the bells and whistles if the football experience the game provides just doesn't respect the basics of how the sport itself is played. The great thing about a game like ISS PE (probably ISSPE2 as well) is that you mock the player models, dismiss the graphics but it's impossible not to enjoy its gameplay because the platform it provides, however limited it might be for today's standards, is polished all around. Whatever the game does, it just manages to work as a whole.

---
Have you played any PES3 recently? To me that game has to be on anyone's retro-PES list, even if for just a quick visit. It's one of those that defy the passage of time, mainly because of what I said above regarding ISS PE.

I express my ringing endorsement of this post!

Colour me controversial, but I think that PES5 and WE9:LE are overrated. In for a penny, in for a pound: I also think that the differences between the two are overstated.

Still in my top three saying that. PES3 on top of the pile. For a game of its time and as rigid the randomness is beautiful. It's the me of PES - peak condition in the autumn of 2003 but still charming, vibrant and bundles of fun in 2020.

Behind that it's one of the PS1 canon. You couldn't fit a fag paper between the gameplay of the four Pro Evolutions. PES2 would take it were it not for the uneditable Oranges. Nostalgia makes me plump for ISSPE2 in the end. I almost proposed to that game.

@Flipper the Priest: It's tricky because I really like PES5 and WE9LE, even with their flaws. Subjectively it's one of the best PES ever for me; objectively, not at all. Sometimes you get flashes of brilliance in both and for a few seconds you truly believe you're witnessing the Holy Grail of football gaming, but overall it's just not as consistent of a simulation as ISSPE or PES3.

----
I'm already finishing the 2nd season on my PES3 ML with Puerto - 14 league fixtures in a season goes by like a breeze, particularly when you're enjoying it on a fantastic game like PES3.

Puerto sits on top of the league with just 4 matches to go until the end of regular season and has only one defeat so far, plus two draws; in turn practically guaranteeing our presence on the promotion play-offs which will be played after the regular season ends - this is another quirk of PES3: you have to play a playoff between the relegated D1 teams to find out in which division each of those 4 (?) sides will play next season. As far as I'm aware this was scrapped in PES4, but I'm not sure.

Despite our apparent dominance we haven't been as stellar as our stats suggest; we struggle to win almost every match and more often than not our offensive production is inferior to our adversaries. Still, we have the most goals scored and less conceded.

Our main issue at this moment is the imbalance of our squad. After all those pre-season trades and players sold, we have a starting-11 of decent pro players (all past Puerto players except for Ivarov) and then a (short) bench with the Valenys and the Stremers and the Zamenhofs and the Huylenses and...Jankauskas, the only Puerto player not regularly on the starting-11.
This took a toll mostly on our D2 Cup participation: we played the first team on the first leg and won 1-0, then played most of the bench players on the 2nd leg and lost 2-0. On the D2 League, whenever a first teamer is injured/suspended, all hell breaks loose.

Now it's time to steer this ship onto the playoffs. After that, come what may, I'll be looking towards finally replacing Ivarov to complete the objective of fielding an all-Puerto starting-11; then, more Puerto players of any level will be needed for me to get rid of the remaining Defaults and build a somewhat balanced squad for the first time in this save.

well that was the most epic PES 3 match and then the worst moment ever lol..

Played Messina at home and I played so bad by HT they had 7 shots to my 0 and only GK and defending kept it 0-0 and in the second half Minanda scored a 65th minute half volley bottom corner from the edge of the box. Still playing badly I go down to 10 men when I give away a penalty

their player steps up I save it but the rebound falls straight to him so in desperation I slide in and snap his body in half..another penalty ffs then he gets taken off on a stretcher haha second penalty taker steps up i stand in the middle saved again! goes out for a corner I make no subs and all my players are dead (decent stamina system) I change formation to more defensive hold on till the final whistle for an epic 1-0 win

then the game crashes to desktop with Exception Code: c0000005 and my soul left my body... still heres a nice picture I took seconds before my game crashed of Minanda relieved and trying to walk off the pitch with 2 dead legs

minUntitled.png

Here is the semi final between Netherlands (Andy) v Cameroon (me).

The head to head is Andy 89 v Gary 88 so if I win it will all be on the Final. That’s quite amazing after playing some 177 games over the course of 2 and a half years.

Netherlands 1 v Cameroon 0 so my brother won the head to head :CRY:

Fantastic, the pitch seems great too. Would love to see more screens of your game.

I can do for sure if I can fix the game having some issues with it crashing but agreed it does look real good on PC for such an old game

Last edited:
Btw anyone here had experience with pes 2012 or 2013? Which is better in your opinion?
Pes 2011 is a amazing game but sadly the dribbling is a bit annoyed for me. Also the old button system for feint doesnt help either.

Btw anyone here had experience with pes 2012 or 2013? Which is better in your opinion?
Pes 2011 is a amazing game but sadly the dribbling is a bit annoyed for me. Also the old button system for feint doesnt help either.

Dribbling is better in 12. A fun game, although things like inconsistent shooting overshadowed it for me.
13 is more refined, and overall a more complete game.

Last edited:
Hi guys, do you happen to know if there is a 'Stats Rewriting Script' for Mac that allows you to copy and paste stats into the old PES editor?

I have it for my PC and have been using it for years but I am thinking of doing my editing on my Mac now.

Thanks

@mattmid: If that works nicely, might as well start editing everything on PES5 and then whatever is edited could always be available to play on both PES5 and 6 rightaway. One work could immediately be playable on these two.
(there's also the ingame OF import tool but I never tried it!)

@mattmid: If that works nicely, might as well start editing everything on PES5 and then whatever is edited could always be available to play on both PES5 and 6 rightaway. One work could immediately be playable on these two.
(there's also the ingame OF import tool but I never tried it!)

If the PES5 editor had the csv import I would :) @PeterC10 Is it possible to 'place' it in there being as the code is supposedly pretty much the same in both editors? By place it in there of course I don't mean literally, but I mean a fairly straightforward task rather than hard work.

It would be great if somebody was able to because then every single patch for pes5 or pes6 could be transposed onto the other game fairly simply (OF wise at least). Unfortunately I have no idea how to do it myself.

Back
Top Bottom