The Retro-PES Corner

Love to see posts like these!

What are the major differences between 10 and 11?
10 was the last version with the PS2 mechanics as a backbone, '11 was the first to introduce more contemporary mechanics like the 360 dribbling & aiming for passing, Power bars on passes and crosses and more liberated ball physics and of course MOTION BLUR!

Definitely a solid game, and menus were very unique from what I can remember. What put me off it was the catch up bug was very much evident. Will be buying after I finish battering PES 10.
I haven't tested yet but i'm sure they patched that out and of course, The rainbow flick exploit, If anybody remembers that scandal on demo release and launch...
Is there a list available of the PES titles that were different on PC compared to console versions?
PES 2008 - PES 2014 was all identical to their PS3 counterparts (Except actually being better visually & FPS wise on PC if anything.

PES 2015 to PES 2017 was the period in which the games were downgraded PS3 ports to the PC when people wanted the more contemporary PS4 ports on the PC. The equality was finally enforced PES 2018 onwards.

Thing is, EA did the same bloody thing up until FIFA 12 (or was it 13?) on PC, Giving us these Frankenstein ports that was quite frankly insulting.

FIFA 11 on PC was basically FIFA 10 on PS3 & FIFA 10 on PC was basically FIFA 06 on PS2... :CRY:
Btw for PES 10 lovers, there is also a game called Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai Blue no Chosen, which for me a better PES 10. But you guys have to deal with Japanese character names tho (menu in English)
Now the question is, Is this really a better game then PES 2010 or was this just placebo born out of the gift that was WE9:LE?

If i recall, The Winning Eleven games after WE10 was basically identical and was released at the same time and would be the same code. So that would be the same for WE 2010. I remember this being one of the first times there was a frenzy about making a JP account and downloading the WE 2010 demo over the PES 2010 because not only did it have Japan national team (i extra demo team over the 4 available to us) But because people swore blind it was different code.

This would continue up until last year even with PES 2020, People claimed depending on what region you'd download it from, It would be a better demo, Each build being more refined than the last...

The only reason WE9: LE is really that good is because it was literally a newer build of PES 5, released in between 5 & 6, For Korean's only for some reason.

Don't really know where to put this - and it is of zero value... but... it happened...

I spent yesterday redownloading and reinstalling all the PES games I could find on PC. That's PES5, WE9LE, PES 10, 11, 12, 13, 17. Plus PS4 versions of 17 and 20 for good measure.

All this (and a good few hours work of installing, updating, patching) just to find a combination of gameplay and Master League that sucks me in. We must be absolutely mental here.

Anyway. PES5/WE9LE took me back. Fun, but I'm just too used to modern comforts (i.e. less rails) to enjoy them long-term. Weirdly, though, I much prefer ISS PE2 to them both - I'm sure it's purely a nostalgia thing, but also, it's slower, and I feel like I'm building attacks as a result (instead of just spraying the ball everywhere in a bit of a panic)!

PES 2010 I barely remember - it was good fun, but my God, the passes are like rockets! The overall pace (player speed, acceleration etc.) probably isn't too bad, but the pace of the ball totally distorts things and there's no speed selector!

It improved a little in 2011 (which has a speed selector but you can only increase the speed), and more in 2012 (which was my favourite at this point - slower speed, more responsive, bit more variety from the AI), but then I got to 2013.

I remember the midfield being non-existent and far too attack-focused, but coming from the previous games, the ball speed / physics were a revelation. The ball bobbles crazily sometimes (much like FIFA 20, weirdly) but passes take time to move, which gives players time to move into position. Playing as Crystal Palace vs Bournemouth, they were packing their defence so that I couldn't break through, and I had to work to create chances (most of the time losing patience and hitting a shot whenever I saw half a chance from the edge of the box).

There were no easy pass options to take - and it was a grind to make it through. I've always thought of PES 2013 as a great arcade-fun PES, but playing the earlier games first, I've realised that's a pretty bad reduction of the experience. Maybe it's just the teams I chose in each game (and I didn't play them all for long, only an hour or so each), but I had to use my brain more (and had time to think about what I was doing) when playing.

Coming from the modern games, it's difficult to accept the moments where your player just locks up during 50/50s (in some poor attempt at providing "physicality") and there's nothing you can do. But the killer is, this still happens in PES 2020, IMO. And the AI puts more passes together in 2013, to create a move that gets them up the field, than in 2020 (they don't just lump the ball to a winger or striker, over and over and over).

Jumping to PES 2017, I was immediately comfortable. On PS4 it definitely feels a little better to me - less "stiff" in certain moments. It almost felt like 2013 with better AI. Again, I was having to build attacks a little more, even though the AI "read my input" less and let me beat them - and when the AI got the ball, I just love the fact that they pass sideways, backwards, dribble inside, give the ball away when a player takes too long to make a decision, get sent off for terrible tackles...

The biggest compliment I can give it is that when the AI score, I'll occasionally go "wow", and it's not because of the shot - it's because of the things they did on the way to scoring. When they score in PES 2020, well. Usually I'm just angry.

I put 2020 on afterwards, and my first game was 2-2 at half time. Both AI goals coming immediately after I scored (and before the game I dropped the difficulty below Top Player just to see if helped). Much like this guy reported on Twitter:

Both AI goals were just pumps from defence to wing, back to a midfielder, pass to a striker, 180- turn and bang, goal. My defenders miles away from the opponents, nothing I could do to stop it (and someone will reply and say there is, but the problem is the laser-accuracy of the AI more than anything else, combined with passive defending). But my goals were similar.

There were way more shots per match than in the earlier games - because pass accuracy is higher, and the midfield doesn't exist. With Klash's tactics I bet the game sings, but in all honesty - and this is my issue, I guess - I just can't be bothered inputting them all when 2017 gives me a wonderful experience that doesn't really suffer in comparison (all I miss is improved animations, whereas I gain a more interesting AI, and even UEFA licenses)!

2020 feels close to brilliant, for me - but dribbling is worse* compared to the older games, pass accuracy doesn't take as much of an attribute penalty, and I really don't like the AI. It doesn't really play much football, they ping-pong way too much (especially when you're winning) and it's just dull, to me.

*What I will say about dribbling is that, playing as Wolves, it felt great to get the ball to Adam Traore and terrorise a defence - even more so than earlier games. But "ordinary" players should be able to dribble too (by which I mean move past a defender using the left stick, using the space available, instead of the defender just sucking up the ball every time). Maybe then, games would be less about passing around like Man City, and have much more variety (which PES 2017 does, and which is why I really love it).

In short... I've started a 2017 ML, and I've kept 2013 installed. The rest have gone. As for 2020, when Konami release the final DP and someone makes an option file with all Klash's tactics, I'll try again. Until then, no thanks.

(Bonus content: Comparing all the above to FIFA 20, on slow, I enjoy FIFA on-the-ball more than any of the PES games I tried. Truly. But I can't get past the AI's ping-ponginess, nor AI defenders just standing there watching things unfold. I'm going to reinstall FIFA 19 one night and see if it's too easy, and see what it's like when your defenders have brains...)

get sent off for terrible tackles...

This was the only part of PES2017 I didn't like. Making a slide tackle was a red card waiting to happen. They seemed to launch in two footed from great height in a near assault. The only way I found to use was to slide (jump!) a little way ahead of their run so as to land on the grass rather than into a player and sort of end up lying in front of them and nicking the ball as long as you timed it right. Other than that though I did enjoy 17 and it's easily the most I've played of a modern PES.

Where did you find 10/11/12 for the PC Chris - were they demos? Those sort of passed me by a bit and 2011 I don't think I even played the demo.

This was the only part of PES2017 I didn't like. Making a slide tackle was a red card waiting to happen. They seemed to launch in two footed from great height in a near assault.
This is true, can't deny it. But it doesn't affect every game, and when you look at the stats at the end of a season, you see a realistic amount of yellows and reds - compared to either current game, where even a foul is like gold dust, let alone a penalty.

The amount of fouls you commit pales in comparison to how many the AI commits - but I don't know the answer to this, because you can't MAKE the human player foul, other than making standard tackles much more risky, and that becomes frustrating (every "easy" tackle becoming a risk, to the point where you just never tackle).

If pacing was a little different and there was no "catch-up" - if you knew a faster player was about to break away and you had to take a risk with your tackle, or you'd never catch him - you'd be encouraged to do it a little more, and in fairness I do think there's more of a pace difference between players in 2020. But then I just find the AI in 2020 so simple, predictable and boring to play against...!

Where did you find 10/11/12 for the PC Chris - were they demos? Those sort of passed me by a bit and 2011 I don't think I even played the demo.
I've bought them in the past so just dug them out. I don't even know if demos of them all are available!

Don't really know where to put this - and it is of zero value... but... it happened...

I spent yesterday redownloading and reinstalling all the PES games I could find on PC. That's PES5, WE9LE, PES 10, 11, 12, 13, 17. Plus PS4 versions of 17 and 20 for good measure.

All this (and a good few hours work of installing, updating, patching) just to find a combination of gameplay and Master League that sucks me in. We must be absolutely mental here.

Anyway. PES5/WE9LE took me back. Fun, but I'm just too used to modern comforts (i.e. less rails) to enjoy them long-term. Weirdly, though, I much prefer ISS PE2 to them both - I'm sure it's purely a nostalgia thing, but also, it's slower, and I feel like I'm building attacks as a result (instead of just spraying the ball everywhere in a bit of a panic)!

PES 2010 I barely remember - it was good fun, but my God, the passes are like rockets! The overall pace (player speed, acceleration etc.) probably isn't too bad, but the pace of the ball totally distorts things and there's no speed selector!

It improved a little in 2011 (which has a speed selector but you can only increase the speed), and more in 2012 (which was my favourite at this point - slower speed, more responsive, bit more variety from the AI), but then I got to 2013.

I remember the midfield being non-existent and far too attack-focused, but coming from the previous games, the ball speed / physics were a revelation. The ball bobbles crazily sometimes (much like FIFA 20, weirdly) but passes take time to move, which gives players time to move into position. Playing as Crystal Palace vs Bournemouth, they were packing their defence so that I couldn't break through, and I had to work to create chances (most of the time losing patience and hitting a shot whenever I saw half a chance from the edge of the box).

There were no easy pass options to take - and it was a grind to make it through. I've always thought of PES 2013 as a great arcade-fun PES, but playing the earlier games first, I've realised that's a pretty bad reduction of the experience. Maybe it's just the teams I chose in each game (and I didn't play them all for long, only an hour or so each), but I had to use my brain more (and had time to think about what I was doing) when playing.

Coming from the modern games, it's difficult to accept the moments where your player just locks up during 50/50s (in some poor attempt at providing "physicality") and there's nothing you can do. But the killer is, this still happens in PES 2020, IMO. And the AI puts more passes together in 2013, to create a move that gets them up the field, than in 2020 (they don't just lump the ball to a winger or striker, over and over and over).

Jumping to PES 2017, I was immediately comfortable. On PS4 it definitely feels a little better to me - less "stiff" in certain moments. It almost felt like 2013 with better AI. Again, I was having to build attacks a little more, even though the AI "read my input" less and let me beat them - and when the AI got the ball, I just love the fact that they pass sideways, backwards, dribble inside, give the ball away when a player takes too long to make a decision, get sent off for terrible tackles...

The biggest compliment I can give it is that when the AI score, I'll occasionally go "wow", and it's not because of the shot - it's because of the things they did on the way to scoring. When they score in PES 2020, well. Usually I'm just angry.

I put 2020 on afterwards, and my first game was 2-2 at half time. Both AI goals coming immediately after I scored (and before the game I dropped the difficulty below Top Player just to see if helped). Much like this guy reported on Twitter:

Both AI goals were just pumps from defence to wing, back to a midfielder, pass to a striker, 180- turn and bang, goal. My defenders miles away from the opponents, nothing I could do to stop it (and someone will reply and say there is, but the problem is the laser-accuracy of the AI more than anything else, combined with passive defending). But my goals were similar.

There were way more shots per match than in the earlier games - because pass accuracy is higher, and the midfield doesn't exist. With Klash's tactics I bet the game sings, but in all honesty - and this is my issue, I guess - I just can't be bothered inputting them all when 2017 gives me a wonderful experience that doesn't really suffer in comparison (all I miss is improved animations, whereas I gain a more interesting AI, and even UEFA licenses)!

2020 feels close to brilliant, for me - but dribbling is worse* compared to the older games, pass accuracy doesn't take as much of an attribute penalty, and I really don't like the AI. It doesn't really play much football, they ping-pong way too much (especially when you're winning) and it's just dull, to me.

*What I will say about dribbling is that, playing as Wolves, it felt great to get the ball to Adam Traore and terrorise a defence - even more so than earlier games. But "ordinary" players should be able to dribble too (by which I mean move past a defender using the left stick, using the space available, instead of the defender just sucking up the ball every time). Maybe then, games would be less about passing around like Man City, and have much more variety (which PES 2017 does, and which is why I really love it).

In short... I've started a 2017 ML, and I've kept 2013 installed. The rest have gone. As for 2020, when Konami release the final DP and someone makes an option file with all Klash's tactics, I'll try again. Until then, no thanks.

(Bonus content: Comparing all the above to FIFA 20, on slow, I enjoy FIFA on-the-ball more than any of the PES games I tried. Truly. But I can't get past the AI's ping-ponginess, nor AI defenders just standing there watching things unfold. I'm going to reinstall FIFA 19 one night and see if it's too easy, and see what it's like when your defenders have brains...)

I usually hate the cheesy motos, but for real "Pep Guardiola ruined PES" is something i have adapted to. Every PES since PES 2011, with exceptions like PES 2017 mentioned above, and every newer version being worse, ending to PES 2020, pushes you to just pay a tiki-taka oriented football and mostly with ONLY :x: passes (the most safe ones) and very occasionally with through passes :triangle:.

Speaking about 2020 especially and the defensive inevitable moments, the best defence i could suggest for a modern PES is the "PEP-style" again. Just keep the possession and pass the ball around. Maybe it is unrealistic when you are Watford against ManCity and you have 70% possession, but the AI warping combined with their passing accuracy, still most times over 90%, even for worse teams, makes it too dangerous to let them have the ball and try to defend.

Finally, i know your post @Chris Davies was focused on gameplay, but since 2020 was the year of ML!!!!!!! and offline content improvements!!!! and IF you played ML on all games, how did you find the ML content in PES 2010, 2011, 2012? ( I am asking this , cause i started a ML save on PES 2010 last summer and in the beginning i spent almost 30 minutes on off the pitch staff).

(...)

(...)

As much as I like both PES5 and WE9LE, I do prefer ISSPE (played too little of ISS PE2 but it seems to play very similarly to its predecessor). Regardless of how limited its technology feels nowadays - and even compared with PES5 -, overall, the game just works as a whole and "feels" like actual football, whereas PES5/WE9LE play fantastically on some areas and then disappoint with things such as the attacking AI, or the horrible L1+Triangle pass.

Even modern PESses suffer from this inconsistency: I don't know if this still happens nowadays but a couple of years ago there was a PES in which everything looked great, powerful graphics, realistic animations and all that jazz; but then you jump on the pitch and there's this absurdly huge space between the defensive and midfield lines when a team is defending. Sometimes the midfield would sit on the halfway line and the defense would sit really close to the box. Any real-life football manager on any level of football would have a seizure if he saw his team doing that for even a second, let alone all game long every game.

This is just an example of how it means little to have all the bells and whistles if the football experience the game provides just doesn't respect the basics of how the sport itself is played. The great thing about a game like ISS PE (probably ISSPE2 as well) is that you mock the player models, dismiss the graphics but it's impossible not to enjoy its gameplay because the platform it provides, however limited it might be for today's standards, is polished all around. Whatever the game does, it just manages to work as a whole.

---
Have you played any PES3 recently? To me that game has to be on anyone's retro-PES list, even if for just a quick visit. It's one of those that defy the passage of time, mainly because of what I said above regarding ISS PE.

Finally, i know your post @Chris Davies was focused on gameplay, but since 2020 was the year of ML!!!!!!! and offline content improvements!!!! and IF you played ML on all games, how did you find the ML content in PES 2010, 2011, 2012? ( I am asking this , cause i started a ML save on PES 2010 last summer and in the beginning i spent almost 30 minutes on off the pitch staff).
Firstly, I 1,000% agree with your post. Nailed it. PES 2020 is just "pass your way out of every situation versus the AI's 90%+ pass accuracy or die".

Secondly - I did play in the ML in 10, 11 and 12. It's really difficult, when the gameplay isn't quite modern enough for me to enjoy, to let go of the features we had back then.

Hiring staff, managing facilities, sponsors...! In PES 2010, from what I read beforehand, your players' development is tied to your coaches (so if you can't afford good coaches, your players stagnate). Then in 2011 & 2012 you get the same features but with "dynamic player development" (where their form affects their growth).

From all this, to what we have now. Cut-scenes that don't affect anything. Wowee.

You can't change jobs in any of those games, which is a pain. But I'd take that restriction any day, to have all of that back, and a stadium editor on top...

From my point of view 09-11 have some evident flaw and bug but there is much more general freedom, while 12 and 13 are surely more generally polished in a lot of things but also a bit more on rails, especially 13. By the way there is a lot to enjoy in all of them, it just depends on your gaming philosophy or simply what you prefer at the moment. For example yesterday I gave a quick re-try to Pes 10 with Smoke patch and it was truly lovely in a lot of things. Also looking forward to revive once more Pes 3 and 2017 sooner or later.

@miguelfcp see Miguel, Pes5/WE9 in all his incarnations is my most played title ever, no doubt I'll pick it up again somewhere in the future, however I agree, it's not a complete package for a lot of reasons. I see it as the ultimate "set your own goals" field tho, where it provides you a fantastic environment to set specific challenges like building a team a way, handicapping yourself or experimenting with stats.

@slamsoze I totally agree. Misplaced passes are such a basic and huge part of football that they really should be the key to the whole game engine.

My team's game against Gillingham last week the two team's pass completion percentages were something like 52 and 55. (maybe if we stopped hoofing the fucking thing it would improve - just saying!) Now admittedly we don't have the same quality players as the top level but can you imagine a modern PES ever having levels anywhere near that low, even if you knocked all the stats down, especially seeing as the stats appear to have little effect these days. But can you imagine the ebb and flow of the game with figures even in the 60's. It would generate natural counter attacks, final ball misplaced passes that make you tear your hair out in the stand regularly in real life and much more besides.

Weirdly, though, I much prefer ISS PE2 to them both

I don't think it's weird. It happens to me too. I think the main reason being, besides nostalgia, is that playstation 1 ISS/PES/WE were very simple: 8 directions in movement, no special abilities (which meant the game relying more on stats), slower tempo, simpler ball physics which made the game more realistic, a real sense of weight, power headers and much more.

The simpler a game is mechanics and football fundamentals wise, the better experience (old and new gen).

Had 4 games on my ML last night all of them Vs bottom teams in my Serie A ML (Pes 17) with Milan.
My Milan 9 seasons in ISA monster team,but breaking down crap teams is so tough, especially now on -2 game speed,pretty much even things out Vs bottom teams.
All games have gone to the 80-90th before I score.
Played Frosinone who was a nightmare breaking down,plus at the end going fw with full force,they were obviously lethal on the counter as well
This game is a tough one,yeah I win 90% of my games (as I should) but most games are tough as hell.
Really liking it.

After reading up on your Pes day @Chris Davies
I really like Pes 12,to me that game is a bit more fun than 13,but like I wrote before,I'm having issues enjoying those on PS3,I'd probably treasure those games if I played them on a 360 or a good PC.
But it's fun trying all old games again,lots of goodies there.
Never felt an issue playing Pes 5-6 on my shitty laptop though,maybe because I'm playing them with my Xbox controller

Had 4 games on my ML last night all of them Vs bottom teams in my Serie A ML (Pes 17) with Milan.
My Milan 9 seasons in ISA monster team,but breaking down crap teams is so tough, especially now on -2 game speed,pretty much even things out Vs bottom teams.
All games have gone to the 80-90th before I score.
Played Frosinone who was a nightmare breaking down,plus at the end going fw with full force,they were obviously lethal on the counter as well
This game is a tough one,yeah I win 90% of my games (as I should) but most games are tough as hell.
Really liking it.

Nice mate. Whats your best settings for PES 17?
Played a few games there PA1 Basic Shooting, albeit enjoyable but at times I feel it lacks the variety of Fifa 16 which I am playing at the minute as well. Or maybe I have not get it set up right.
Any up to date option files?

Played a few games there PA1 Basic Shooting, albeit enjoyable but at times I feel it lacks the variety of Fifa 16 which I am playing at the minute as well. Or maybe I have not get it set up right.
Any up to date option files?
No clue on option files since I'm on Xbox.
It's stiffer than FIFA 16 for sure.
I'm playing TP 20 min PA0 and -2 game speed basic shooting
Yeah I like a lot,been my go to game since it came out basically

Last edited:
Just played another match of my PES 2017 ML on Superstar. Yeah, I think it's going to be too easy, sadly. But, the AI had a really bad day at the office - and I just love to see them make a mistake... (Although three is a bit much!)

Love the last one especially, the last replay shows you the keeper punching thin air and it looks pretty realistic.

I usually hate the cheesy motos, but for real "Pep Guardiola ruined PES" is something i have adapted to. Every PES since PES 2011, with exceptions like PES 2017 mentioned above, and every newer version being worse, ending to PES 2020, pushes you to just pay a tiki-taka oriented football and mostly with ONLY :x: passes (the most safe ones) and very occasionally with through passes :triangle:.

Speaking about 2020 especially and the defensive inevitable moments, the best defence i could suggest for a modern PES is the "PEP-style" again. Just keep the possession and pass the ball around. Maybe it is unrealistic when you are Watford against ManCity and you have 70% possession, but the AI warping combined with their passing accuracy, still most times over 90%, even for worse teams, makes it too dangerous to let them have the ball and try to defend.

Sorry but i think its exaggrated. You can play basically everything you want against AI. not only tikitaka everything will definitely work after some practice.
Also in competitive PES scene recently tiki taka can never works. Lukaku still dominant in PES, not David Silva or De Bruyne

Anyone know how to fix stuttering with PES 3 in Windows 10? I have a AMD RX 570 card

Played a few games there PA1 Basic Shooting, albeit enjoyable but at times I feel it lacks the variety of Fifa 16 which I am playing at the minute as well.
Try as I might, I just can't get into FIFA 16. I've been trying to put my finger on it, and I think it's because the AI (though way less hectic and direct than every FIFA since) keeps possession a little too easily, and doesn't really take a risk. When I get the ball I'm taking advantage of space, whereas when they get the ball they tend to keep hold of the ball just a little too much for my liking. The ball doesn't change hands (or feet) very often and in a 15 minute game, you don't end up with much happening. (Or I don't!)

(In PES 2017 I've had a few games where not much has happened, but with the ball changing sides often - it's just been that the midfield has been packed with good defensive players.)

Every subsequent FIFA's AI doesn't know what "possession play" means, and is far too hectic, with psychic first-time passing no human team could do. And yet, I can't help but feel FIFA 20 with sliders is a better overall balance. If only they hadn't removed the defenders' brains... I've lost track of how many times I've conceded from switching to a CB and having to "wake him up", then just running past the striker and leaving a 1-on-1. It looks, and feels, absolutely shit.

(I reinstalled FIFA 19 to get intelligent defenders back, including a secondary press that works and is useful again - another huge issue I have with 20 - but alas, the ball physics and general responsiveness is worse than I realised in comparison!)

So I met up with my brother yesterday to play the last 5 games of the Lews Cup 2017-2020 that has been going since mid 2017.

Before the days play we had played 174 games, he had won 88 and me 86. We were midway through the quarter finals so only 5 games left which meant I had to win 4 to his 1 in order to win the ’big’ prize of a handshake.

Already through to the semi finals were the Netherlands and Slovenia.

Next up was Bayern Munich (my brother) v Cameroon (me).

Enjoy the highlights...

Bayern 1 v Cameroon 1 (Cameroon win on pens)
Andy 88 Gary 87

I will upload the other games over the next week.

PES3 ML - Puerto - "The Puerto Challenge (?)"

Season 2 is here. After having had a decent first season with a team still totally filled with Defaults except for Deco - though we couldn't clinch promotion to the D1, it was time to shake things up and begin actively pursuing the Puerto players I need to complete one of the first objectives of this save: to field in a starting-11 filled exclusively with past FC Porto footballers.

Given the lack of PES Points to invest, I relied on trades mostly. That way I was able to trade away most of our starting-11 and some bench/reserves for the kind of players I needed. One of those deals included swapping King Minanda for Carlos Secretário - and since "Secretário" is Portuguese for "(male) secretary", I traded a King for a mere secretary...

As the pre-Season 2 transfer window was coming to a close, and after I had already gotten almost an entire Puerto starting-11, someone puts in an offer for Njorgo, Harty and Iouga. Apparently their agents promoted Njorgo as "The New Tore Andre Flo", Harty as "The New Roy Keane" and Iouga as the..."Old Iouga"; the bait was taken. Good riddance!

As a result, I suddenly had a butt-load of PES Points to spend, but little transfer market clout: I put in a couple of generous offers for Maniche and Fernando Couto which were promptly rejected. It was time to focus on littler fish, so I ended up bringing in Jankauskas as our first Puerto bench player to fix our lack of attacking options after all these trades left us with only Miklos Feher and Huylens as natural strikers for two starting-11 ST positions.

Ivarov was the last default player on our starting-11, so I tried both Vitor Baia and then a cheaper option, Ovchinnikov - both rejected.

---

The squad on the beginning of S2:

GK: IVAROV, KELSEN, ZAMENHOF, Leibniz (Growth Player)
CB: Jorge Costa, Argel, Jorge Andrade, STREMER, VORNANDER, Lavisse (Growth Player)
RB: Secretário, NACHDECAL
LB: (absolutely no one)
DMF: Peixe
CMF: Paredes
AMF: Deco
SMF: Ricardo Fernandes, XIMELEZ, Melo (Growth Player), Marco Ferreira
ST: Miklos Feher, jankauskas, HUYLENS

It's completely unbalanced, I know. I opted to renew all of the Defaults' expiring contracts beforehand, because I didn't know whether we'd be able to bring in new players at all and they can be useful for trades. Since I was rather successful in this transfer market, now I have a lot of junk, particularly on the GK and CB positions.

As for the midfield and strikers, I have a lot of PES Points in the bank so on the winter transfer window I'll have to fix it. For now, we'll have to "make do" or, in typical Portuguese fashion, with a bit of "desenrascanço" this squad shall be fine.

Starting-11 (4-4-2):
GK: Ivarov
CB: Jorge Costa, Argel
LB: Secretário
RB: Jorge Andrade
DMF: Peixe
CMF: Paredes
AMF: Deco
RMF: Ricardo Fernandes
ST: Miklos Feher, Marco Ferreira

Only one Default to go and I'll complete my objective of fielding an all-Puerto 11.

So far, after four D2 matches played, Puerto has won three and drew one, sitting currently on top of the table. This is the season we're going up!

@geeeeee Great game!
What a save from Neuer near the end!

As for the midfield and strikers, I have a lot of PES Points in the bank so on the winter transfer window I'll have to fix it. For now, we'll have to "make do" or, in typical Portuguese fashion, with a bit of "desenrascanço" this squad shall be fine.

:) I thought you were going to say in Portuguese fashion fill it with neat and tidy passing midfielders! :)

@geeeeee Great game!
What a save from Neuer near the end!

:) I thought you were going to say in Portuguese fashion fill it with neat and tidy passing midfielders! :)

Yes it was a great game and the keeper made a good save but he made a couple of howlers too. Gifting their equaliser and then making a mistake for their winning penalty.

Here is the last Quarter Final

Shakhter Donetsk (me) v Southampton (my brother)

Shakhter Donetsk 0 v Southampton 1
Andy 89 Gary 87, only one game away for my bro to win the head to head

I am actually enjoying making the videos because with retro PES there is less cut scenes, everything is quicker, so you can whizz through the match and edit pretty quick.

Also, when using AverMedia to record the PS2, the display when playing is HD quality so the picture is sharper. It’s a shame that in the recording it does not come out like that.

Now the question is, Is this really a better game then PES 2010 or was this just placebo born out of the gift that was WE9:LE?

If i recall, The Winning Eleven games after WE10 was basically identical and was released at the same time and would be the same code. So that would be the same for WE 2010. I remember this being one of the first times there was a frenzy about making a JP account and downloading the WE 2010 demo over the PES 2010 because not only did it have Japan national team (i extra demo team over the 4 available to us) But because people swore blind it was different code.

This would continue up until last year even with PES 2020, People claimed depending on what region you'd download it from, It would be a better demo, Each build being more refined than the last...

The only reason WE9: LE is really that good is because it was literally a newer build of PES 5, released in between 5 & 6, For Korean's only for some reason.

WE 2010 Samurai was released 5 months after the latest 1.03 patch for PES 2010 released
Its too long since i last play so i cant say what the different is, but i remember back in the day, after i played WE 2010 samurai for the first time, then i cant go back to PES 2010 PC anymore, for sure better game

Anyone can upload a Option File for PES 2011 with PSD stats for current 2019-20 season?

Back
Top Bottom