The Retro-PES Corner

OF Laziale 2020 is here!

Amazing OF for PES08 PSP/PS2. I checked the database and the level of detail is, as always, immense. Might come helpful for your work too @geeeeee ;)

Thanks so much miguel that’s much appreciated. :)

It looks great! I will try to contact them and see if they would mind me copying some of their faces or kits (if that is possible)

I still have a bit to do on my one yet. I decided to give the clubs a break and go onto the National Teams.

So far I am up to Slovakia in the European section.

I still have about 30 National teams and 27 club teams. That is quite discouraging after counting them but I am hoping to get the stats for all players complete by the end of Feb. After that it will be the cosmetics (faces, kits etc...) but at least I can start a ML and the cosmetic changes will still take effect.

I was hoping to get it done by the end of the year before the transfer window but oh well. Do I add the transfers or stick with the squads from the start of the season? Decisions decisions.

Hopefully once it is complete then updates for next season will not take as long.

Man I wish I could try those OF on the pcsx2. Laziale's one and yours too geeeee which must really be some legendary work. But i'm a lost cause. Seems I really can't convert them no matter what. Well I guess I'll watch your videos guys :) .

Man I wish I could try those OF on the pcsx2. Laziale's one and yours too geeeee which must really be some legendary work. But i'm a lost cause. Seems I really can't convert them no matter what. Well I guess I'll watch your videos guys :) .

I don’t know anything about the PS2 emulator but i thought i would ask a few questions.

Is there an option to have a virtual memory card?

If so, have you tried installing an option file on that?

When you play PES2008 does it create an option file?

If so, could you please upload it for me.

I was hoping to get it done by the end of the year before the transfer window but oh well. Do I add the transfers or stick with the squads from the start of the season? Decisions decisions.

Ah the eternal question. :)

Actually on the positive side I have done 103 club teams and 24 national teams.

I don’t feel so bad now. :)

Now there's a glass half full! :)

This was the AI against me earlier in the 1979/80 English 1st Division Option File that's almost finished.

One of the best finishes I have ever seen in PES6 or any PES come to that. Just so composed and clinical, yet a deft and precise touch at the same time. Add in the fact it was a volley as well and wow. I watched it back for about 2 minutes during the replay!

This was the AI against me earlier in the 1979/80 English 1st Division Option File that's almost finished.

One of the best finishes I have ever seen in PES6 or any PES come to that. Just so composed and clinical, yet a deft and precise touch at the same time. Add in the fact it was a volley as well and wow. I watched it back for about 2 minutes during the replay!

Great finish that one.

It kinda reminded me of this finish by Kalvin Phillips that I posted a few months ago.

Beautiful.

Are you using any gameplay patch to make the game slower or is it the rain effect?

@geeeeee: :)) I'd copy it anyway and then mention them on the credits.
That's always an issue. As soon as one thinks the work is done or almost done, a wild transfer window appears...

@Madmac79: If you had a PSP with PES08 you could use it to play the OF on both a PS2 and PSP, which comes in very handy...
Plus, I never tried it myself but I believe you can use these PSP-PES-dedicated OFs on the PPSSPP emulator.

@mattmid: That finish was good but that font looks amazing!

So my Pes 2011 journey kept going.

I unfortunately lost my most important titles; after a good head to head with me and Inter, Fiorentina won the Serie A and following some not good performances I slowly faded away in the last league games, catching with more than some struggle the third place (good to avoid CL preliminary turn).

In CL I did an epic match against Barça, I won 0-1 at Camp Nou (after the 2-2 of the first game) (also worth noting this magnificent right missile of CR7 from 35 meters or something which almost vanified what I did:
and advanced to the semifinals, where I found in some kind of international derby, Liverp.. ehhr Merseyside Red, which unfortunately eliminated me in an heart pounding double face off; I lost the first game 2-0, with a great Gerrard proving why he was elected best player of the CL, then in the return match I almost believed I could make it when I performed a perfect 2 goals come back, only to have a Jarolim pass error in defense condemn me in the overtime.

Only joy of this season came from the Italian Cup, which I finally won against the same Napoli who beat me to it in the previous season and constitutes the first trophy of this ML. Scored this beauty in the final:

Which definitely made me fall in love with Toristao, a fake player who I bought just to cover a void, but that now will stay with me till the end.

Anyway, they must hate the Coppa Italia or something at Konami cause they didn't even gave me a proper Cup.. just the medals LOL:
a bit weird :D.

Season ended and since I finally had some money, I hired 5 stars coaches wherever I hadn't one and put to maximum the other things like the fan club. Now I have a club working at his full potential.

Then the market came.

Out Oscar Cordoba (he was "desperate for a move" probably cause he never saw the field as a second keeper), Jarolim (he pays the CL error :D, never went crazy for him) and Aubameyang (simply disappointing), plus guys like Ceciu (retired) and El Moubarki (end of his contract).

In Milner, Cavani and Van Der Sar from the youth team as the new second.

Then after I thought that no good offers would have ever come for my players.. here they come with 40 fucking millions for Walker :SHOCK:.
Had to accept it, promoted another fake legend (Virota) as the appointed right back and searched for a world class midfielder.. tried for Pjanic, but they asked me a crazy 60 millions plus that would have polverized my finances; had for a moment the Dinho temptation, but resisted it; Iniesta didn't even want to treat with me and I finally settled for Modric in the last market day (still have to line him up).

In the meantime I started the new season with a draw, a loss against Roma at Olimpico stadium and finally a victory against Inter in my own field.

I have abudance in the attack compartment (Schwarz, Lukaku, Cavani and Sanchez for two shirts) and I'm somewhat short in the others, with just 3 central defenders, not a single classy midfielder after my three starting ones (Milner, Modric and Ramires) and no true substitutes on the sides. Wanted to play some 3-5-2 but I'll probably stick with 4-3-1-2. Will be a fun but surelly hard season :).. this game is perfect for some good emergent storytelling.
Really got the Pes 11 itch reading up on your adventures.
Will be pulling out my PS3 later on (where is it?)
And giving it a go again,loved my Blackpool ML ,probably the best I've had on a Pes game ever.
You're on pc right?
If anyone has some links for a option file and or kits ,give me a shout

Beautiful.

Are you using any gameplay patch to make the game slower or is it the rain effect?

The average speed of the players is probably a tad lower than default but other than that no, speeder is set at 1.0.

@mattmid: That finish was good but that font looks amazing!

It's a font from Reichi's tool, it does look great doesn't it, the only problem is that on the team selection screen 10 and 11 seem to be out of line for some reason.

Ive
Love to see posts like these!

What are the major differences between 10 and 11?
Haven't played 10 that much Chris,but from what I remember it feels much older than 11.
11 feels fresh and new,very responsive (in a good way)
Pretty close to both 12 and 13.
Plus I think the assisted passing (only option ) is pretty damn good.
It's truly a good solid game.

Ive

Haven't played 10 that much Chris,but from what I remember it feels much older than 11.
11 feels fresh and new,very responsive (in a good way)
Pretty close to both 12 and 13.
Plus I think the assisted passing (only option ) is pretty damn good.
It's truly a good solid game.

Definitely a solid game, and menus were very unique from what I can remember. What put me off it was the catch up bug was very much evident. Will be buying after I finish battering PES 10.

It seems 17, 13, & 11 are the most favored of the post PES 6 era...

Definitely a solid game, and menus were very unique from what I can remember. What put me off it was the catch up bug was very much evident. Will be buying after I finish battering PES 10.

It seems 17, 13, & 11 are the most favored of the post PES 6 era...
Yeah can't really speak for Pes 10 didn't play it them,but got it a few years back.
I know that Konami /Bhatti loves their talk of 3 year plans,to me 11-12-13 has a lot of similarities.
Great games all of them,my favourite is probably 12.
17 is a gem,I should really ho back and play it more often.
Nice to see you're enjoying your Pes 10 mate.

I'm on PS3 on all these retro games,and I never felt that the games feels outdated,but good how outdated the PS3 feels,I'm usually on Xbox X,but the noise,no way to stream/record etc.
That's my only issue playing older games

Is there a list available of the PES titles that were different on PC compared to console versions?

I'm just wondering if e.g. PES 2010 is the same game on PC as it is on PS3 - and if PES 2017 has ever been confirmed to be different on PC compared to PS4.

Is there a list available of the PES titles that were different on PC compared to console versions?

I'm just wondering if e.g. PES 2010 is the same game on PC as it is on PS3 - and if PES 2017 has ever been confirmed to be different on PC compared to PS4.
Well the PS3 port of PES17 on PC doesn't do good to this great game graphically compared to the PS4 version, despite the incredible modding options available, unfortunately. If you are asking in terms of pure gameplay, I can't say much. Feels quite similar to the PS4 version but the graphical downgrade hold me down to play it thoroughly on PC.

Last edited:
Old gen (08/13) are exactly the same games on both pc/ps3-X360.

Pretty sure 2014 was the same on all the platforms, don't remember much about 15 and 16 but 17 was graphically a very downgraded version on pc (but I don't think there were major differences gameplay wise). 2018 onwards is all the same or minimal differences.

Yeah can't really speak for Pes 10 didn't play it them,but got it a few years back.
I know that Konami /Bhatti loves their talk of 3 year plans,to me 11-12-13 has a lot of similarities.
Great games all of them,my favourite is probably 12.
17 is a gem,I should really ho back and play it more often.
Nice to see you're enjoying your Pes 10 mate.

I'm on PS3 on all these retro games,and I never felt that the games feels outdated,but good how outdated the PS3 feels,I'm usually on Xbox X,but the noise,no way to stream/record etc.
That's my only issue playing older games

Thanks man. I usually go from PES to PES these days, and glad to come across a forum like this to keep my football fix in tact.
Going to give 17 a go at the weekend, its one I have not put much time into, then go back to PES 5 for a rattle lol.
Sometimes you just got to appreciate all the great football games that still hold so much weight and are fun to play. Even have a career mode in FIFA 16 going at the minute, surprisingly fun from a complete PES fanboy perspective.
Let me know how 11 goes bud!

Thanks man. I usually go from PES to PES these days, and glad to come across a forum like this to keep my football fix in tact.
Going to give 17 a go at the weekend, its one I have not put much time into, then go back to PES 5 for a rattle lol.
Sometimes you just got to appreciate all the great football games that still hold so much weight and are fun to play. Even have a career mode in FIFA 16 going at the minute, surprisingly fun from a complete PES fanboy perspective.
Let me know how 11 goes bud!
Will do mate!
I have careers going on FIFA 17 (4th season) Pes 18 (3 seasons) and Pes 17 (9 seasons) atm.
Feel there's a lot of good stuff up to maybe FIFA 19/Pes 18 (though I like it).
Thank God for that
Tip is to play Pes 17 on -2 game speed,pretty fast game

Yes,Pes 11 holds up just fine,really a good and solid game.
Animations are 10 years old,so sometimes it feels a bit outdated,but really a good game.
My issue is that I'm playing it on a old gen machine I absolutely hate (wish I had my old 360 instead) and that takes away a lot of the satisfaction, especially that shitty controller.

And while at it I popped in my Pes 17 again,and shit man...this game is so good.
Some small issues, stumbling and some catch up bug,but that aside,the best game since Pes 5 for me,and obviously the best after 17 as well.

I'm 9 seasons in on my ML (probably have 2 ML with 5-10+ seasons before)
Just a joy playing this game,I'm on TP and PA0 and I feel there's no limit what you can do on the pitch,plus a superb CPU AI.
This will (again) be my go to game til I get a 360 for Pes 10-14.
Had lost faith in football games,didn't play any between Oct and now simply because the newer ones are shit.

One thing I like with Pes,no matter which version it is (except 20 ) is the choice I have as a coach to stay for as long as I want.
FIFA has a system where you get fired,which is fine,but since the CPU and their decisions/goals are complete bonkers you'll end up moving on or get fired a bit to early.
I like to build my squad during a 3 year period,and not get hit with "ok next season you'll have to win the league and champions League+ sign and play 10 kids or You're fired!
Bit exaggerated,yes I know,but I want the choice,and with Pes I do,maybe have a team for 15 seasons,building it up,winning,maybe rebuilding after a few bad years etc.

But back to topic,for you guys on pc,Pes 2011 is really a good game,well worth a go.
Pes 17,best game outside the classic,not even a competition there!

You can use PS4 controller directly for PS3, very easy.
And i think theres probably a way to connect your Xbox controller as well

You can use PS4 controller directly for PS3, very easy.
And i think theres probably a way to connect your Xbox controller as well
I've tried to see if I could use my Xbox controller ,but so far I haven't found any solution (there is one with some dongle, Max something)

Btw for PES 10 lovers, there is also a game called Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai Blue no Chosen, which for me a better PES 10. But you guys have to deal with Japanese character names tho (menu in English)

Lol what a name. When PES 10 was released, and even now it was never regarded as a decent or indeed one of the better PES's.
Yet when I go back to play it, it just plays so fantastically well, end to end stuff and endless entertainment :)

Back
Top Bottom