The Retro-PES Corner

On one hand, these games are undeniably challenging, entertaining and realistic enough to feel like football, regardless of the technology that was used to build it. That's the mark of a real classic. I mean, no, I can't start a Pokemon Blue save and expect it to have 2019 graphics; but if one accepts that platform and plays the game as it is, it'll be impossible for him not to enjoy himself as he did in the late 90s when it was released. He'll live to see the day when his grandson calls him to say: "you know granpa, I wasn't expecting to say this but that Pokemon Blue game you told me about...it's goddamn amazing!".
It's a terrific quality to have, Sometimes it actually comes with age but to finally break out against the hive mind of "Grafix are everthink!1!" is a powerful existence. To not only enjoy games the way you remembered them all over instead of scoffing at them for being "out of date" but also to be able to experience classics we missed out on when we younger and have the maturity to appreciate the mechanics and limitations of their day.

It took me until last year to finally make the effort with Resident Evil 1-3 when 5 years ago i would've snubbed it due to it's controls. Now having more patience and a fascination for the past i recognise the controls were the correct way to play it all along, The way the creators intended it.

Yet, despite the actual undeniable value of some of these games, there's also the subjective aspect of the experience. I for example am completely biased when it comes to ISS Pro Evo because it was my first ISS/PES on the PS1. People will say I'm nostalgic; if so...who cares? The thing is, while they are playing the game of PES20, I'm not actually playing a game of ISS Pro Evo. That is not a game anymore: it's a time machine that not only allows me to travel back in time but also gives me the opportunity of playing a fantastic game of football while I do it. (Yes, my time machine has ISS Pro Evo installed on it, why do you ask?) We're talking about playable memories here, and no modern game can even begin to compete with such a potent idea like that.

Which brings me to the point about this also being a subjective experience: it's not about playing the most modern of games just because they're modern; it's not about playing what game reviewers recommend; it's about you playing what you want and like to play. Maybe you're biased, maybe you don't know any better, but...who cares? It's your call and yours alone.
Precisicly. There's something about us as a society where we have this obligation to rebel agasint anyone who doesn't agree with us or share our vision. If you think PES 2020 sucks, Then everyone should share your sentiment or you're a stupid bigot scum right? Why is there so much passion.. Fear about being isolated with your opinion, Your taste? Why can't we be contempt, Own it and make peace with it?

I personally really, really enjoy PES 2020. You go to other parts of the internet and if you didn't p[lay it yourself you'd swear blind they'd released the worst and most insulting football game since Red Card Soccer or something.

I think gaming culture, Especially in regards to this willy war between which is the worst game between PES or FIFA... People have just forgotten how to focus less on the things they enjoy the least in their games and more about the things they actually love about them.

About your PES2010 adventure, man your commentary was already fantastic but you're clearly stepping up your game judging by that video. Bravo!
I have mixed feelings about PES10. The soundtrack is definitely amazing, probably my favourite among all PES games; the ML was an instant classic indeed. I replayed the game a while ago and found that it plays a very PES-5-like, patient, scrappy game when you're using really weak teams, and turns into a galloping fest most of the time when using great sides. I wouldn't say this is a vapid ex-girlfriend of yours, she's got a great ass and a beautiful singing voice but she's no Ana de Armas, vis-a-vis, ISS Pro Evolution...:COOL:
Oh and the lighting. It doesn't quite show on the stadiums you use there, but here you get to see it:
Thanks for the kind words Miguel. I'm glad you didn't hate it and at least recognised it's strengths even if it's not your favourite. That's not only cool but it's also what's amazing about Retro PES. There's a game out there for everyone, That strikes the right chords for every bodies personal interpretation of what a football game should be.

I don't think any sporting franchise has seen so much variation between iterations in regards to vision. The developers were true artist's and romanticists in this regard. It was never about what a smooth cat PES was. PES was never the Elvis Presley of presentation, It wasn't always stylish, Sexy and charismatic. It was Buddy Holly, It was goofy yet charming, Ernest and functional yet this visceral period of PES like the latter, Was sadly short lived.

PES 10, a game I thought I would never revisit until watching your videos bro!
Me too Marty. It's strange yet exciting and emotional journey i'm on right now. I haven't played PES 2010 since PES 2011 demo launched whereas most of the other Reto PES's I've dipped in and out over the years since their releases. I'm having the time of my life right now with it.

It's like @miguelfcp put perfectly. These games, We don't just go back to them because their good games, But they're time machines, We pop them in, The menu's and watermarks form, The opening chords of the games soundtracks chime and your instantly back to a fonder time in your life.. Your teens, Your child hood... The warmth of your TV and the company of you're friends. The good memories that will die with our bodies come flooding back and you're smiling inside. Retro gaming is'nt just this novelty and a distraction where you play for 5 minutes and joke about how we ever put up with this shit once upon a time.

It's theraputic.

Felt like firing up some Retro Pes. I did a game in my Pes 11 (pc) ML. Lost against Udinese and now I'm 1 point from Fiorentina (the first).
Now it's CL quarter finals time against Barcelona, who builded up some interesting team:
View attachment 27958
A bit fun to see Guarente and Antonini in an otherwise godly team, even if CR7 as the main forward is perhaps even stranger.. but whatever, will be fun trying to tame those three fork guys. They also still have Dinho in the bench ready to bring some more unpredictability.

Anywayt the transfer market algorythm in 11 is quite interesting because at least in my experience big teams often end up doing realistic sign ups and constructing fun to watch rosters.
So this is what a myClub team in 2011 would look like? :SMUG:

I've also uploaded Episode 2 of my World Cup. The animations and some of the goals in this game are truly a thing to behold. To me PES 2010 represents the end of an era, The last true PS2 framework edition of PES. You know what i mean right? It seems like Konami was always trying to create a version that carried over of what made PES 5/6 great to the PS3 generation and it took them 4 years but they nailed it before the catch 22 of having to re-invent the wheel again to remain in the fictitious competition against FIFA to be considered contemporary.

We get our first glimpse into who will participate in the final 16 as some nations qualify and some nations arrange early flights home. The likes of Mexico, Japan, And even favourites Argentina are on the verge of elimination on Match Day 2!

It's a terrific quality to have, Sometimes it actually comes with age but to finally break out against the hive mind of "Grafix are everthink!1!" is a powerful existence. To not only enjoy games the way you remembered them all over instead of scoffing at them for being "out of date" but also to be able to experience classics we missed out on when we younger and have the maturity to appreciate the mechanics and limitations of their day.

It took me until last year to finally make the effort with Resident Evil 1-3 when 5 years ago i would've snubbed it due to it's controls. Now having more patience and a fascination for the past i recognise the controls were the correct way to play it all along, The way the creators intended it.

Precisicly. There's something about us as a society where we have this obligation to rebel agasint anyone who doesn't agree with us or share our vision. If you think PES 2020 sucks, Then everyone should share your sentiment or you're a stupid bigot scum right? Why is there so much passion.. Fear about being isolated with your opinion, Your taste? Why can't we be contempt, Own it and make peace with it?

I personally really, really enjoy PES 2020. You go to other parts of the internet and if you didn't p[lay it yourself you'd swear blind they'd released the worst and most insulting football game since Red Card Soccer or something.

I think gaming culture, Especially in regards to this willy war between which is the worst game between PES or FIFA... People have just forgotten how to focus less on the things they enjoy the least in their games and more about the things they actually love about them.

Thanks for the kind words Miguel. I'm glad you didn't hate it and at least recognised it's strengths even if it's not your favourite. That's not only cool but it's also what's amazing about Retro PES. There's a game out there for everyone, That strikes the right chords for every bodies personal interpretation of what a football game should be.

I don't think any sporting franchise has seen so much variation between iterations in regards to vision. The developers were true artist's and romanticists in this regard. It was never about what a smooth cat PES was. PES was never the Elvis Presley of presentation, It wasn't always stylish, Sexy and charismatic. It was Buddy Holly, It was goofy yet charming, Ernest and functional yet this visceral period of PES like the latter, Was sadly short lived.

Me too Marty. It's strange yet exciting and emotional journey i'm on right now. I haven't played PES 2010 since PES 2011 demo launched whereas most of the other Reto PES's I've dipped in and out over the years since their releases. I'm having the time of my life right now with it.

It's like @miguelfcp put perfectly. These games, We don't just go back to them because their good games, But they're time machines, We pop them in, The menu's and watermarks form, The opening chords of the games soundtracks chime and your instantly back to a fonder time in your life.. Your teens, Your child hood... The warmth of your TV and the company of you're friends. The good memories that will die with our bodies come flooding back and you're smiling inside. Retro gaming is'nt just this novelty and a distraction where you play for 5 minutes and joke about how we ever put up with this shit once upon a time.

It's theraputic.

So this is what a myClub team in 2011 would look like? :SMUG:

I've also uploaded Episode 2 of my World Cup. The animations and some of the goals in this game are truly a thing to behold. To me PES 2010 represents the end of an era, The last true PS2 framework edition of PES. You know what i mean right? It seems like Konami was always trying to create a version that carried over of what made PES 5/6 great to the PS3 generation and it took them 4 years but they nailed it before the catch 22 of having to re-invent the wheel again to remain in the fictitious competition against FIFA to be considered contemporary.

We get our first glimpse into who will participate in the final 16 as some nations qualify and some nations arrange early flights home. The likes of Mexico, Japan, And even favourites Argentina are on the verge of elimination on Match Day 2!

Love the Henry analogy about Irish blood boiling :APPLAUD: You got a download link handy? Thanks man, keep up the good work.

@slamsoze: Vanden Borre was the man in early PESs, what a statsheet for a 17-year-old! I don't trust PES4 that much when it comes to player ages; for example, there are lots of 20-year-olds on the National Teams who were not 20 at all at the time...very odd.

@Madmac79: Another interesting thing about retro-PES: re-writing history as we move along on a long-term save. What if Ronaldo did a "reverse-Figo" and joined Barça from Real? What if Vidic and Piqué formed a legendary duo in Barça? What if Barça had spent so much money on Ronaldo that they had no other option but to play Antonini as a starting RB? :DD

@MafiaMurderBag: If you think about it, gaming - which to me is definitely an art - is the only art in which is not culturally acceptable to experience any but the most recent titles. If I say I'll be watching Gone With The Wind, or Psycho, or Once Upon a Time in the West, no one bats an eye; if I say I like a Rembrandt or a Van Gogh no one cares, if I listen to the Beatles that's only natural because their music is amazing...but God forbid that I play a game that was not released in the current year or decade!...
I guess this happens because of gaming being a much more recent art form than the others. Over time people will realize, much like on the other arts, that consuming the latest thing just because it's the latest thing while ignoring everything that came before it doesn't make any sense.

That reminds me of the classic modern-PES "meme" of people criticizing Konami on twitter because of Neymar's tattoos, or Messi's beard, or whatever it was :D . If 15/20 years ago we were just glad to be playing a solid football simulation in which you couldn't even run in more than 8 directions, as technology improved, so did the demands of the fanbase. In a decade we'll hear the younger fans complain that the grass in PES30 doesn't smell like the real thing, and that virtual Mbappé's voice isn't quite there yet.

Yep, you nailed it there. It'd be a shame if the whole PES catalog was totally forgotten, sacrificed to the almighty [insert latest iteration here], given how much variety the series has. Each game provides its own version of what football is to the artist; if you'd ask Salvador Dali, Picasso or Rembrandt to paint the exact same object, each painting would turn out to be totally different still. That's the beauty of retro-PES right there.

About the "playable time machines" that these games truly are, what you wrote (and the way you wrote it) is exactly why I don't understand why 'pff it's just nostalgia" is so often used as a way to dismiss this retro-gaming venture. I am glad to have the opportunity to feel nostalgia, it must mean I was able to produce amazing memories along the way. It's a good thing. Instead, it's used as a dismissal: hurry, someone help this man, he's not being 100% objective when it comes to assessing the value of a videogame! Help him, he's...feeling!

----

Well put, PES10 really feels like a PS2 PES game, never thought about that one. Your videos are inspiring me to play a bit more of it. If I recall it properly, last time I played I did a World Cup save with North Korea, even posted here on the thread about the adventure. Never managed to achieve my goal of winning the Cup - if possible against the USA in the final - so I have unfinished business there too...

miguelfcp, also do you know how to use option file for PSP? For example i want to use geee's PES 2008 PS2 or Chenghis's WE10 PS2 one for my PSP, what should i do?

Wow the competition that I play with my brother on PES2008 PS2 just gets tighter and tighter.

We are now 2 games into the Quarter-Finals of our competition that started in August 2017. We won’t finish it until the new year and cannot wait.

After playing 174 games, my brother (a) has won 88 and I (g) have won 86, he has scored 243 goals and I have scored 228.

There will be no third place play off which means there is only 5 games left. Which means i have to win 4 of them to win. Great stuff.

I really wish I had recorded all these games to look back on because there are so many fantastic moments, scrambles, professional fouls, football funnies, bloopers, wonder goals, tap ins, off the line, come backs, collapsing, etc...

I have attached a PDF file of the games so far. Not sure if it will open but if so, enjoy looking at the results. :)

PS Amount of shots in brackets.

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:a5c7d792-f1df-4268-90d8-16b5336b25bc

@Pavel08: If you want to transfer an option file from PES08 PS2 to PES08 PSP, a good way to do it is to turn on both games on each console and then you can transfer data from one version to the other. So in your case, if you have @geeeeee's OF running on a PES08 PS2, connect a USB cable to the PSP with PES08 and you can transfer the OF.

I usually work with PSP PES OFs. If you get one, all you need is to download the file, connect the PSP to the PC, insert the file on PSP/savedata et voilà, it's good to go.

Wow the competition that I play with my brother on PES2008 PS2 just gets tighter and tighter.

We are now 2 games into the Quarter-Finals of our competition that started in August 2017. We won’t finish it until the new year and cannot wait.

After playing 174 games, my brother (a) has won 88 and I (g) have won 86, he has scored 243 goals and I have scored 228.

There will be no third place play off which means there is only 5 games left. Which means i have to win 4 of them to win. Great stuff.

I really wish I had recorded all these games to look back on because there are so many fantastic moments, scrambles, professional fouls, football funnies, bloopers, wonder goals, tap ins, off the line, come backs, collapsing, etc...

I have attached a PDF file of the games so far. Not sure if it will open but if so, enjoy looking at the results. :)

PS Amount of shots in brackets.

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:a5c7d792-f1df-4268-90d8-16b5336b25bc

Great stuff :) Amazing how close it is, most of the games must be very tight affairs. Oh and come on Shakhtar, you can make the semis, can't have the trophy dodgers getting through. :D

I guess this happens because of gaming being a much more recent art form than the others. Over time people will realize, much like on the other arts, that consuming the latest thing just because it's the latest thing while ignoring everything that came before it doesn't make any sense.

Of course the irony here is that it is very much the 'art' ie the graphics that is the supposed turn off to playing retro games. Yet you would never hear, oh what are you doing looking at a Picasso? I've got a 4k resolution picture here, don't look at that old thing.

Vanden Borre and Vincent Kompany were two of the best young defenders in an LMA game I used to play along with a Slovak R.Vittek, wonder what happened to him, guess I'll ask my friend Google.

@Pavel08: If you want to transfer an option file from PES08 PS2 to PES08 PSP, a good way to do it is to turn on both games on each console and then you can transfer data from one version to the other. So in your case, if you have @geeeeee's OF running on a PES08 PS2, connect a USB cable to the PSP with PES08 and you can transfer the OF.

I usually work with PSP PES OFs. If you get one, all you need is to download the file, connect the PSP to the PC, insert the file on PSP/savedata et voilà, it's good to go.

I dont have a PS2 tho, so its more tricky. Can you send me the newest PES 2008 PSP you have with PSD stats?

@Pavel08: I don't have any PES08 OF with 19/20 rosters, and the one I play is a database filled with classic teams. It's OF Laziale Classic, here's the link if you want to give it a try:
https://www.4shared.com/s/fF-hiGgwO

Here's their page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/cate...ile-Laziale-PES-2008-Ps2-Psp-527607957333633/
They haven't released any updates for a while but while I was browsing it I found out they're updating their non-classic database for the 19/20 season!

79278633_2643970939030647_9089687181152223232_o.jpg

79386351_2643973695697038_2884637045450342400_o.jpg

79385680_2643974499030291_6850929911834607616_o.jpg

:WORSHIP::WORSHIP::WORSHIP:

@martyl2: I know I always say this, but regardless of one's opinions about retro-PES, getting a genuinely entertaining game like that for less than 8 pounds is a steal.

@mattmid: That brings me to an unpopular opinion of mine: we'll live to see people playing retro games precisely because they're not as realistic as the modern ones. This is one of the interesting things about trying out, for example, the huge variety of PS1/PS2 football games: because they didn't have the technology to accurately copy the real deal, each had to make do with the limited tools they had; and so each produced their own "versions" of football according to their vision. Hence we had everything, from the crazy Picassos to the down-to-earth Rembrandts, football for every taste really.

Had a fantastic quarter final in my 2011 ML against Barça.

They scored their first goal.. with Antonini, on a confused box action.

Then I draw with a great outside shot with Shimizu; then, when I was starting to press them back, Iniesta scored me this magnificent goal with 15 virtual minutes left or something:

normally I would be mad, but this time I almost get up from my seat to clap.

Luckily I draw again in the final moments with Schwarz so I'll have a chance at Camp Nou.

They played a lot of tiki taka; Ronaldo was a true problem but luckily he couldn't score. There really is a lot of "personality" around in this game, no doubt.

Now I'll have the Fiorentina match, vital for the title, and the return game with Blaugrana just after.. looks like somebody scripted it lol. Gonna be tough :D

Last edited:
@Pavel08: I don't have any PES08 OF with 19/20 rosters, and the one I play is a database filled with classic teams. It's OF Laziale Classic, here's the link if you want to give it a try:
https://www.4shared.com/s/fF-hiGgwO

Here's their page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/cate...ile-Laziale-PES-2008-Ps2-Psp-527607957333633/
They haven't released any updates for a while but while I was browsing it I found out they're updating their non-classic database for the 19/20 season!

79278633_2643970939030647_9089687181152223232_o.jpg

79386351_2643973695697038_2884637045450342400_o.jpg

79385680_2643974499030291_6850929911834607616_o.jpg

:WORSHIP::WORSHIP::WORSHIP:

@martyl2: I know I always say this, but regardless of one's opinions about retro-PES, getting a genuinely entertaining game like that for less than 8 pounds is a steal.

@mattmid: That brings me to an unpopular opinion of mine: we'll live to see people playing retro games precisely because they're not as realistic as the modern ones. This is one of the interesting things about trying out, for example, the huge variety of PS1/PS2 football games: because they didn't have the technology to accurately copy the real deal, each had to make do with the limited tools they had; and so each produced their own "versions" of football according to their vision. Hence we had everything, from the crazy Picassos to the down-to-earth Rembrandts, football for every taste really.

Wow big thanks for this. It has PSD stats too which is the most wanted feature for me.
Btw do you know any option file for other PSP version with PSD stats?

Anyone else here like PES 2014 PS3/PC like me?
Default version it suck i know, but with anything after 1.12 patch it play so nice, for me best PES PS3
Also its skill moves system is very similar to PES 2020 which is nice for a guy that mainly play PES 2020 online and with friends for me. No need to re adapt with older skill moves system like other retro PES.
Only downside for me is that you cant turn off player development in ML. I personally hate player development in Ml so its pretty bad for me.

Default version it suck i know, but with anything after 1.12 patch it play so nice, for me best PES PS3
Also its skill moves system is very similar to PES 2020 which is nice for a guy that mainly play PES 2020 online and with friends for me. No need to re adapt with older skill moves system like other retro PES.
Only downside for me is that you cant turn off player development in ML. I personally hate player development in Ml so its pretty bad for me.

I lovef pes2014 for pc, found it two yeats ago, but the PTEpatch i found was from semi-dead and quedtionable links.
Resulting me having random crashes during ML matches.

@Pavel08: You're welcome. As for other PSP OFs, I know PES PSP (and PS2) still gets edited a lot mainly by South American players, I've seen some patches (not OFs, but patches really) on Youtube and one of the most well-known is Bomba Patch, which is updated to the current season as well:

I don't know if it has PSD stats, it probably doesn't because I've seen that Brazilian patchmakers have a tendency to really overpower the players from Brasileirão... :DD

Having laboured with this years game pes 2020 and getting fed up with its bs I decided to play PES 3 again and every time I come back to it after a couple of years break I instantly see how genius it is again

Can only laugh how a game this old vs 2020 has

Fun and random AI variation, injuries,
players being stretchered off and coming back on with bandages
flares in the crowd,
plenty of fouls,
a satisfactory feeling of scoring,
a challenge on the highest level without the cpu breaking your own players,
the ability to be creative when attacking almost pushing the games boundaries to see what you can pull off and it often obliges with the right timing and input,
combine that with matches feeling different and stats being noticeable you have a little gem of a football game that never gets old every time you come back

Having laboured with this years game pes 2020 and getting fed up with its bs I decided to play PES 3 again and every time I come back to it after a couple of years break I instantly see how genius it is again

Can only laugh how a game this old vs 2020 has

Fun and random AI variation, injuries,
players being stretchered off and coming back on with bandages
flares in the crowd,
plenty of fouls,
a satisfactory feeling of scoring,
a challenge on the highest level without the cpu breaking your own players,
the ability to be creative when attacking almost pushing the games boundaries to see what you can pull off and it often obliges with the right timing and input,
combine that with matches feeling different and stats being noticeable you have a little gem of a football game that never gets old every time you come back

The second best PES after 5 imo...
3 simple reasons why as alluded to above - a deep satisfaction in scoring goals; every match being different; and all the little nuts and bolts that transforms to the complete package.
For whatever reason Pes 20 just does not feel fun, and do not have the variety we would come to expect at this time of year. I've even been playing FIFA 16 recently and there is just so much more variety in plays and goals when we're talking more modern day iterations of footballing games.

I'll be happy to sit down on Xmas day with a quality game of PES 5, and to know there are plenty of great retro football games that still provide that football experience we need (PES 3,4,5,6,10,13 & FIFA 16)

I am back working on my old project after a couple of years away too much work went into it to give up for good I still have all the data and its is a good 70% done but it will now be for the PC version as I no longer have a PS2 a shame since we will lose the Ennio Tardini stadium converted from WE7I but a small price to pay

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-3-master-league-serie-a-b-95-96.70733/

a complete 95-96 database all clubs are done kits 100% stats 100% ect just need to fix and do a lot of player appearances I wouldn't want to give a timescale for a release but can only say soon but I don't want to rush it I was so meticulous with every detail in the 2 years I worked on it and don't want to lose that as I want everyone to enjoy a well done patch. I hope people will be as interested once it is released

I am back working on my old project after a couple of years away too much work went into it to give up for good I still have all the data and its is a good 70% done but it will now be for the PC version as I no longer have a PS2 a shame since we will lose the Ennio Tardini stadium converted from WE7I but a small price to pay

a complete 95-96 database all clubs are done kits 100% stats 100% ect just need to fix and do a lot of player appearances I wouldn't want to give a timescale for a release but can only say soon but I don't want to rush it I was so meticulous with every detail in the 2 years I worked on it and don't want to lose that as I want everyone to enjoy a well done patch. I hope people will be as interested once it is released

really looking forward to this.

Was playing a bit of ISS Pro Evo but after 20 years, the disk is in pretty bad shape. It makes some weird noises and now the menu music even stutters. Thankfully there are emulators out there, and the likes of ISS PE2 work fine for me on PCSX2 - will have to get ISS PE too at some point.
Lost in a case there was, among a couple of random game disks, Pro Evolution Soccer 2 for the PS1, a game I probably played not more than half a dozen times ever. I don't even remember buying it...anyway, fired it up last night for a session.

The game's noticeably slower paced than ISS Pro Evo - on the default game speed setting that is, as one can tweak it freely. Beyond a few animations here and there, it looks and plays virtually the same - which is great. Has anyone played this? I must've skipped for I played a lot of PES2 PS2 back in the day instead.

@Fabri55: I still do. Player vs. player is a one-of-a-kind experience.

@SerieALegends: I'm definitely interested, keep up the good work man.

Was playing a bit of ISS Pro Evo but after 20 years, the disk is in pretty bad shape. It makes some weird noises and now the menu music even stutters. Thankfully there are emulators out there, and the likes of ISS PE2 work fine for me on PCSX2 - will have to get ISS PE too at some point.
Lost in a case there was, among a couple of random game disks, Pro Evolution Soccer 2 for the PS1, a game I probably played not more than half a dozen times ever. I don't even remember buying it...anyway, fired it up last night for a session.

The game's noticeably slower paced than ISS Pro Evo - on the default game speed setting that is, as one can tweak it freely. Beyond a few animations here and there, it looks and plays virtually the same - which is great. Has anyone played this? I must've skipped for I played a lot of PES2 PS2 back in the day instead.

@Fabri55: I still do. Player vs. player is a one-of-a-kind experience.

@SerieALegends: I'm definitely interested, keep up the good work man.
PSone PES 2 was my main game back then. Didn't have ps2 and PES was not a thing for PC at those days.
Can't remember details on comparison, it was very similar to PES 1 for psone gameplay, in the usual KONAMI fashion, something a little bit more OFF and something else a bit more ON.
Very good game euther way, classic 9/10. And the "we wilk rock you" intro also present. As well as the "we are the champions" ceremony.

Been playing the hell out of Winning Eleven 2014 on Xbox as of late. To me it's perhaps the sweetest game Konami has done, plays beautifully and the way a more polished PES 2014 should have played.

One of the most anticipated projects! Waiting for any news

might be a long shot but does anyone know an editor for WE7int the japanese version? I found a patch that has all serie A teams in a league for ML but want to transfer the player data to pes 3 usually you can use WeOptEditor 1.29 (PES3 & WE7 Edition) to copy and paste players between files but it wont open

Most people at Christmas buy the new Fifa and PES...only people on this forum understand orders like this :WORSHIP:thank you
That's what i'm talking about. Screw what the popular consensus is, Indulge in your own curiosities. What did you think to it then? Must've turned up by now?

Had a fantastic quarter final in my 2011 ML against Barça.
I've not taken as deep a dive as i would've liked in PES 2011 yet but i do know that the game is indeed a carrier of the PES magic gene that was a formulative part of the PS2 era despite being an ancestor of modern PES as we know it today. My favourite thing about PES 2011 was the more mature art style and presentation, Konami started to distance themselves from the wacky, charming menu presentation of 09 & 10 and went for a slightly smarter Gran Turismo style look with the menu's having their own emblems and icons. And of course the great underground soundtracks of this period.

Still plays really bloody well too, Only thing i really dislike is the crowd noise seems so bloody flat and anti-atmospheric.

I returned to PES 2014 earlier this year before PES 2020 was released as i was curious how much Fox engine PES had evolved. It's no where near as polished and responsive as it went on to be but as far as the vision for a pure footballing simulation because the tech finally allowed it, It was the closest Konami came to recreating it. A fascinating prototype if you will but the game was rushed and thus wasn't of a standard customers were used to, Suits at Konami got cold feet on the sim direction and had embraced the culture of formulating fast paced, instantly gratifying addictive gaming and the very wholesome nature of micro transactions and here we are now. PES 2014 remained a relic of what could've been had they held of a year to present the new engine.

@Pavel08: You're welcome. As for other PSP OFs, I know PES PSP (and PS2) still gets edited a lot mainly by South American players, I've seen some patches (not OFs, but patches really) on Youtube and one of the most well-known is Bomba Patch, which is updated to the current season as well:
That looks pretty amazing, It's like life beyond our solar system, There's other like minded civilisation out there somewhere in our galaxy that shares our same sentiments & ideals. In this case it's not so much Star Trek but more South America and preserving and updating retro PES titles. Especially with in game tools, Now that's commitment.

I've not taken as deep a dive as i would've liked in PES 2011 yet but i do know that the game is indeed a carrier of the PES magic gene that was a formulative part of the PS2 era despite being an ancestor of modern PES as we know it today. My favourite thing about PES 2011 was the more mature art style and presentation, Konami started to distance themselves from the wacky, charming menu presentation of 09 & 10 and went for a slightly smarter Gran Turismo style look with the menu's having their own emblems and icons. And of course the great underground soundtracks of this period.

Still plays really bloody well too, Only thing i really dislike is the crowd noise seems so bloody flat and anti-atmospheric.

Nice timing! Despite really liking much the new Fifa, I went under a Pes 2011 frenzy and basically played it to death under all those festivities. Wanted to do a bigger post with all my progress plus some videos I saved, perhaps I'll do it somewhere in the next days; anyway, I truly appreciate this chapter beyond words. Many find it easy, but I've just started my fourth season and even if I'm starting to fight for the big ones, I still have to truly crack it; especially since, if you let pass enough time, teams start to build really nice rosters and it surely makes things more interesting.

If I'd have to point at a single thing, I'd say that shootings and finishes are SO addictive. The ball physics sometimes looks very weird but it's also probably the most free/stats driven of the whole saga. You see some seriously unparalleled random trajectories here.

And yeah, the general style of the title is truly something. As I already said, the game is very Pes-y in lot of things yet sometimes feels like it was developed by somebody else.

Back
Top Bottom