The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

Indicators are only meant to be used to let other road users know where you are going.
If there are no other cars around, then you don't need to indicate.

My main gripe though with driving and annoys me a lot is middle lane hoggers.
They should be forced of the road Mad Max style and then their cars burnt at the side of the road, then made to walk to their destination.
And what is it with 80% of them always being women in Land Rovers?

My main gripe though with driving and annoys me a lot is middle lane hoggers
Or fast lane hoggers. I dont usually drive around 8, when all the 9-5'ers go to work, but when I do - its hilarious at times.
Im driving along 2 lane motorway and fast lane be jammed. And they all go around 80km/h. At the same time - slow lane is empty, so Im on a slow lane doing 120 and passing them all by..
Insanity.. just coz you're on a fast lane - doesnt mean you will get to your destination faster.. it doesnt work like that.. :LOL:

Indicators are only meant to be used to let other road users know where you are going.
If there are no other cars around, then you don't need to indicate.
But A) how do you know with absolute certainty that a car isn't about to fly around the corner, B) nobody has 360-degree vision so you never know for sure, and C) what is the issue with whacking an indicator on anyway, just in-case? I find it the most stupid thing in the world, why WOULDN'T you do it just in-case? In his case it's just the pig-ignorance of a 74-year-old...

But A) how do you know with absolute certainty that a car isn't about to fly around the corner, B) nobody has 360-degree vision so you never know for sure, and C) what is the issue with whacking an indicator on anyway, just in-case? I find it the most stupid thing in the world, why WOULDN'T you do it just in-case? In his case it's just the pig-ignorance of a 74-year-old...
I suppose its down to where you are.
In the city, yeah, makes sense. There are also cyclists and people and whatnot.
But when you are driving outside the city at 5AM, pitch black, then you see all the cars around you from a mile.
I had this discussion with the wife when she was learning to drive and trying to prove me wrong (as usual).
We were on a bridge, at the big roundabout with exits onto the motorway. On our own. And when I got to my exit I just took it, without indicator.
- you should have indicated there, you know?
- why do we indicate?
- to show other road users where are we going
- do you see anybody here?
- no, but...
- well there you go. I know where Im going..
:LOL:

Having said that - When someone has a habit of doing it and does it in the right circumstances - fair enough. Doesnt bother me at all. Going back to my first post - only a misleading, pointless indications are pissing me off.

That is the way I used to feel about it.
But when I was doing my advanced driving, I was told that there is no need to indicate if there are no other road users around.

A) If you have good observation, you will know exactly what is around.. I know this sounds bizarre when doing my advanced driving it absolutely massively changes the way you observe and view the road.
I bet there are thousands of people when driving who just watch the car in front and react to that, rather than what is going on beyond the car in front.

B) Same really as point A, if you approach roundabouts correctly and look around (check mirrors) and plan for the roundabout or junction ahead you should know what is around.

C) What if you own a BMW or Audi and didn't buy the optional extra? On BMW's I believe they must be 100k each as never seen one to have them.

folks :

- you need to indicate - as chris pointed out someone else on a bike - or an unmarked cop car - could come speeding up behind you at crazy speeds and you wouldn't have time to register that and indicate - so indicate always. this makes sense - I don't care too much what the law or an advanced instructor says - this simple move could save your life or someone else's (as could keeping your lights on in the dark). Even if your awareness/observation skills are good, will you have the insight to ever tell that your skills have become crap as you get older or will you leave that for an accident to happen first.

- if you need a letter to tell someone that you can see when you're actually blind, then I agree with slamsoze - look for a greek doctor. the more hair oil the better. [that's a joke btw].

I saw driving being discussed and went to pitch in with my pet peeve before checking what had been mentioned previously in case I was doubling up. Lo and behold, it's my pet peeve that got the ball rolling! Well, kinda.

Both when driving and moreso when cycling, it boils my piss when people don't indicate when exiting a roundabout. Just that split second where you slow down or stop (quicker to stop at roundabouts on the bike after a few near misses) because you think someone's going right, before they continue straight without indicating.

Roundabouts are a strange beast. Doesn't help people seem to be taught differently. I was taught the 12 o'clock rule. Anything straight ahead or left - left hand lane. Anything to the right of that - right hand lane. But I've heard others go by the first exit rule, whereby you approach in the left hand lane only when taking the first exit only. The highway code isn't particularly clear on the matter to be honest.

Anyway. People who put milk in their tea when the tea bag is still in. Tea bag in, boiling water in, four minutes, tea bag out, sugar or sweetener in, stir until dissolved, milk in, stir. That's a cup of fucking tea.

Time wasting. It's a genuine tactic in League 1 and 2 and refs do nothing about it and it drives me mad. I'm not just talking about late on holding onto a narrow lead, I'm talking about right from kick off.

Wycombe Wanderers I'm particularly looking at you. They have it down to an art form. Throw-ins, free kicks constantly delayed. Any momentum built up by the opponent and a man goes down needing the physio on. Anti football at its worst. Their Saturday games are lucky to finish by 5pm if they are ahead.

So simple to stop too, just book the first player to do it early on.

People that still don't use, display battery level by % percentage, in their mobile phones. Like my mother (60yo+)

Bonus @ my mother: old people that have switched on, Bluetooth, location, mobile data, wifi and about 20 applications running in the background, while they use the phone only to make dials.

Bonus @ my mother2: old people making video calls, assuming that you must face the screen and not the inner-camera, showing me the roof of the their house, instead of their faces.

People that still don't use, display battery level by % percentage, in their mobile phones. Like my mother (60yo+)

Bonus @ my mother: old people that have switched on, Bluetooth, location, mobile data, wifi and about 20 applications running in the background, while they use the phone only to make dials.

Bonus @ my mother2: old people making video calls, assuming that you must face the screen and not the inner-camera, showing me the roof of the their house, instead of their faces.

People who think 60+ is old! Now that pisses me off.

I walked 50 miles in 4.5 days last week, while You were sat tap tap tapping away. :P

People who run Marathons. Poor Pheidippides ran 42 kilometers to deliver some news, and then promptly died from exhaustion. Many years later, people decided running 42 kilometers was not a big deal, and millions have done so without dying, thus disrespecting his memory, every time they do so.
My soft spot. Just for the record, although now this heads more towards "the random crap", right before the battle of Marathon, he did the Spartatlon aka run from Athens to Sparta and back. This is 2x240km in less than two days.

Last edited:
Starting and ending every email in a conversation with a greeting and sign off.

"Hi B. Did you get X? Best regards, A"

"Hi A. Yes, I did get X. I'll forward it to you. Best regards, B"

"Hi B. That's great, thanks. Best regards, A"

Aye, cos that's how normal dialogue goes(!)

Starting and ending every email in a conversation with a greeting and sign off.

"Hi B. Did you get X? Best regards, A"

"Hi A. Yes, I did get X. I'll forward it to you. Best regards, B"

"Hi B. That's great, thanks. Best regards, A"

Aye, cos that's how normal dialogue goes(!)
I even see this shit here in this forum.
Some people write their post and then put their name in the end and ''best regards'' etc like they're writing a letter to their favourite artist or something lol.
Like...we know your fuckin name mate..we can see it in your avatar..no need to write again this shit in every fuckin post..duh..

Should have used a bike or got the bus.
Should have stayed at home. Even after a marathon around the shops, i wouldn't be doing much for a while.

Back to The things that piss me off..... 1. Just a recap on people who come around to see you without phoning....

I sometimes get (when they do then decide to use their phone) "i came round to surprise you but you're not in" (obviously) "i am a bit pissed off now because i have come for nothing" or words to that effect.

Why are they pissed off? they obviously like surprises as to give me one. You would have thought they would be delighted by their surprise at me not being there.

2. The Post Office, for posting junk mail through the door. (sometimes even without any letters) My answer to this is, post it back to them in the mailbox. Dont worry about a stamp or an address as The Post Office don't seem to mind where they post it.

3. A UK TV Retailer , who shall remain nameless ( think Vindaloo, Madras, Korma e'ct)

Back in april i bought my new tv (sams song 55") I had it delivered during lockdown.....where i live its called ******** Mews, branching off from ******** Close. (same name) The idiot delivery driver delivered it to the wrong house! and because he had texted us to say he would be 5-10 mins dropping it off he left the TV on the step at the right number but wrong road, knocked at the door then pissed off.

After Around 20mins i am thinking "wtf is this TV Then?) Then the woman, bless her (lucky for us, she's honest) Brings the TV around for us. When i called to complain i couldnt get through because of COVID and all their lines were busy (for what use they have been, they may has well been busy doing lines)
Mind you the address mix up wasn't helped by....

4. The knobhead across the road... who not like normal people, park their car on the driveway. Oh no, he parks it outside, thus blocking the small sign that says *******Mews. His ignorance knows no bounds.

After a couple of weeks i noticed (only on light images) that the left side of the screen has a thin dark cloud. I have tried to get through on their hotline (more like not there line) and still even as of a week ago, they are still busy on the lines. But not mine.

"And that's what ticks me off"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom